Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 45. (Read 136139 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

It's highly common for eastern Eurpoean organized crime to employ, or use the pictures of, models to perpetrate scams against single men.

Why would anyone think that a scam run to bilk traders out of their money would operate much differently.

Please understand, I haven't said that ZT isn't real - just that I'm starting to have serious doubts that he can be.

But - wait.....we have pics!!! And no one has ever used a pic to suggest something be true when in fact it is not. Never. And no one ever got a fake credit or debit card.

It truly shocks me how people can simply accept whatever bullshit they read on the internet as truth. You'd think they'd learn.

Zhou had an internet presence prior to Bitcoinica.  According to Zhou, the hand-off of Bitcoinica to Tihan took place in person.  As Tihan would obviously have noticed if the person who turned up to hand Bitcoinica off didn't look like "Zhou", I'm willing to presume that they did.  So "Zhou" exists.  The question you're really raising is whether he's actually the person who created Bitcoinica or he was just a frontman.  I guess that's a question you could put to those who've Skyped with him - it's harder to maintain a bluff in real time than it is when you can carefully prepare written responses.

Before reading any further, I believe I may have to back-pedal and retract my statement thanks to being enlightened by both of you.

It's cool.  It's sometimes easy to forget that things which seem suspicious or unlikely to us can be normal and commonplace in other cultures.  Every now and then I read about something happening in the US and I'm convinced that I'm being fed bullshit when I'm not.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

I'm simply amazed on how a 17-year-old is able to globe-trot and jet-setting to: China; Singapore; Australia; (?).

It's honestly not all that unusual to find young Asian people from middle class families pursuing education or other opportunities outside their home country.  I wouldn't call pursuing those opportunities within the Asia-Pacific region "globe-trotting", any more than I'd regard someone from the UK or Germany who pursued their education in a number of European countries as "globe-trotting".

Hell, my daughter in law comes from a typical upper middle class Aussie family and she and her siblings each spent a year studying overseas as teenagers (she spent a year studying in Germany).

I concur. Nothing strange about it. A large number of Korean students spend a good portion of their lives away from family, studying in other countries.

Before reading any further, I believe I may have to back-pedal and retract my statement thanks to being enlightened by both of you.

Thank you, kindly, for setting me straight on this one.

Later.

~Bruno~
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
"Security Experts"

http://www.abagnale.com/index2.asp

Mr. Abagnale believes that because punishment for fraud and recovery of stolen funds are so rare, prevention is the only viable course of action.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Makes you wonder if Zhou Tong isnt a public figurehead for someone else working the strings.

Just consider one point, he was terrible with written english and transformed overnight as if there were two seperate entities controlling his account.

Yeh this is likely fringe conspiracy but its hard to know whats really true anymore.

phantomcircuit=zhoutong?

steve_bobs = stevejobs  ? Grin

I thought 200k was chump change to you and you were going to chalk it up to Karma. Something about your "husband" losing $300k on the Manny fight and how your twat shoots hundreds so you're above petty squabbling for money.

What changed?

She skipped her meds again.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

I'm simply amazed on how a 17-year-old is able to globe-trot and jet-setting to: China; Singapore; Australia; (?).

It's honestly not all that unusual to find young Asian people from middle class families pursuing education or other opportunities outside their home country.  I wouldn't call pursuing those opportunities within the Asia-Pacific region "globe-trotting", any more than I'd regard someone from the UK or Germany who pursued their education in a number of European countries as "globe-trotting".

Hell, my daughter in law comes from a typical upper middle class Aussie family and she and her siblings each spent a year studying overseas as teenagers (she spent a year studying in Germany).

I concur. Nothing strange about it. A large number of Korean students spend a good portion of their lives away from family, studying in other countries.

Dude, if I was you, I would log off and commit suicide. You are nothing but an embarrassment to this community and a scumbag who was behind all of this fiasco from the beginning. You are a low life and I want to tell you that you are in a very delicate situation right now. Watch your steps.

Maria.

I thought 200k was chump change to you and you were going to chalk it up to Karma. Something about your "husband" losing $300k on the Manny fight and how your twat shoots hundreds so you're above petty squabbling for money.

What changed?
Activity: 832
Merit: 250

Dude, if I was you, I would log off and commit suicide. You are nothing but an embarrassment to this community and a scumbag who was behind all of this fiasco from the beginning. You are a low life and I want to tell you that you are in a very delicate situation right now. Watch your steps.

Maria.
Activity: 532
But, I'm really having my doubts that even Zhou Tong is real. 17? I'm having a hard time with this story now. Seems unlikely there's anyone real to prosecute.

We are venturing into conspiracy theories here, but in organized crime it is very common to control minors and use them to commit crimes because they are harder to prosecute and are often released quickly so they can be reused for the next crime while the controller stays out of sight.

A good example would be the way Roma gypsy gangs operate in countries such as Spain and Italy. The BBC has a good article on it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8226580.stm

So there is always the possibility that soon after creating Bitcoinica Zhou became a controlled sock puppet for a larger Chinese organized crime group. Not that I believe this to be the case though. But in the absence of facts it is fun to speculate Smiley

It's highly common for eastern Eurpoean organized crime to employ, or use the pictures of, models to perpetrate scams against single men.

Why would anyone think that a scam run to bilk traders out of their money would operate much differently.

Please understand, I haven't said that ZT isn't real - just that I'm starting to have serious doubts that he can be.

But - wait.....we have pics!!! And no one has ever used a pic to suggest something be true when in fact it is not. Never. And no one ever got a fake credit or debit card.

It truly shocks me how people can simply accept whatever bullshit they read on the internet as truth. You'd think they'd learn.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

legendary
But, I'm really having my doubts that even Zhou Tong is real. 17? I'm having a hard time with this story now. Seems unlikely there's anyone real to prosecute.

We are venturing into conspiracy theories here, but in organized crime it is very common to control minors and use them to commit crimes because they are harder to prosecute and are often released quickly so they can be reused for the next crime while the controller stays out of sight.

A good example would be the way Roma gypsy gangs operate in countries such as Spain and Italy. The BBC has a good article on it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8226580.stm

So there is always the possibility that soon after creating Bitcoinica Zhou became a controlled sock puppet for a larger Chinese organized crime group. Not that I believe this to be the case though. But in the absence of facts it is fun to speculate Smiley

...or of an American based group not connected to any organized crime group, one possibly starting with the letter "W" which is directly linked to those who controll(ed) the domain name irs.com.
Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep

So there is always the possibility that soon after creating Bitcoinica Zhou became a controlled sock puppet for a larger Chinese organized crime group. Not that I believe this to be the case though. But in the absence of facts it is fun to speculate :)
Not this shit again. Didn't you see the pics he posted for Phinnaeus Gage? Including shots of a dozen or so debit cards with his name, his face, and a personal message for PG.

I think you are grasping at straws in order to keep yapping and adding to the confusion. I don't think you have the ability or the balls to do "something" or "anything", so you just shout about it to the world. You seem to have a major personality issue that results in you attacking anyone, fabled or real, whether they are helping or hindering. Therefore, I think you need to see a shrink about that.

Have a nice day.

Save your insults. You're pretty ignorant of how crimes are committed, and show that with most every post.

I didn't attack anyone. Please pull your head out of your ass so you can smell something other than your own spewed shit.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Not this shit again. Didn't you see the pics he posted for Phinnaeus Gage? Including shots of a dozen or so debit cards with his name, his face, and a personal message for PG.

I think you are grasping at straws in order to keep yapping and adding to the confusion. I don't think you have the ability or the balls to do "something" or "anything", so you just shout about it to the world. You seem to have a major personality issue that results in you attacking anyone, fabled or real, whether they are helping or hindering. Therefore, I think you need to see a shrink about that.

Have a nice day.
legendary
This is kind of crossposted from the Pirate threads, but this reminds me of that Eve Online ponzi that was a well respected bank that eventually crumbled. As it went down, the perps created more and more fantastical stories that were ridiculous, but people still followed blindly along.

You want to know what's really ironic with your post? This episode has a direct link to banks.com.

From Zhou Tong's Twitter account (the one still not protected, unlike another that is now locked):

Aug. 28, 2011
Steve Jobs is a Buddhist, so he values anonymous donations. It's wrong to say he has never donated his money. We just don't know.

And one of his ex-partner's account is also now protected with 30,852 tweets:  @alexlur (Daniel M.) aka Daniel Protonis(?)

~Bruno~
Yeah. There's no money forthcoming anymore. It's gone. Maybe some of the people with tons of funds in might get something at some point, but I highly doubt my measly $500 is ever coming back.

At this point, I think the best we can really hope for is that the guilty party is brought to justice.

Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
The hacker seems to be a Chinese because he used Chinese punctuations in his English messages in the Aurumxchange ticket.

Yeah, I like how the 'hacker' is so inconsistent in his use of punctuation.

For example, in the aurumXchange ticket he is unable to figure out how to use English punctuation:

YES。ZHOU TONG STOLEN THE MONEY!

HE GAVE ME THE MT CODES AND I USED YOUR EXCHANGE TO CHANGE TO LR。NOW I WANT TO WITHDRAW THEM!

MY MONEY IS CLEAN,PLEASE GIVE ME NOW!

But in the earlier hotmail message to Zhou he had apparently no such issues:

To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, 13 July 2012 3:39:55 AM
Subject: Bitcoinica is done

THANK YOU FOR YOU SOURCE CODE.

BITCONICA IS NOW OFFICALY DONE!

LASTPAS PASWORD: c02e1a27-5524-449f-ba65-aff9581ddedc

I also appreciate the fact that although it appears his keyboard is stuck in ALLCAPS mode, he is able to write a proper subject header before switching to allcaps [Subject: Bitcoinica is done].

Also in one message he understands the difference between YOU and YOUR [e.g. YOUR EXCHANGE] but in another doesn't [e.g. YOU SOURCE CODE]

Cool story bro.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
This is kind of crossposted from the Pirate threads, but this reminds me of that Eve Online ponzi that was a well respected bank that eventually crumbled. As it went down, the perps created more and more fantastical stories that were ridiculous, but people still followed blindly along.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Honestly if the money is forthcoming, I do not care who stole it.

The money is not forthcoming - the majority has already been spent by the thief paying off his families mortgages.   His words, not mine.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Makes you wonder if Zhou Tong isnt a public figurehead for someone else working the strings.

Just consider one point, he was terrible with written english and transformed overnight as if there were two seperate entities controlling his account.

Yeh this is likely fringe conspiracy but its hard to know whats really true anymore.

That is one theory I believe in.  Otherwise, for now I will have to believe he is innocent.

You do know I was refering to Zhou being used as a swet shop public face so if any crime gets out of hand those in charge use him as the scapegoat.

It was mostly a sarcastic conspiracy joke since everything he posted so far have pointed to him grabbing at straws which makes this whole situation such a huge scam.
Pages:
Jump to: