Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 44. (Read 136139 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
WTF!!! Huh the money is back? Cheesy

can i have my 40 btc now, please?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
Interesting.
Any bets on who this is ?
I'm fine with the "experienced forex broker" answer.

Legally, I would say Bitcoinica is operating in the graceful period of unregulated operation. My advisor has arranged consultations with two lawyers in Singapore and we're going to settle the legal stuff soon.

Somebody with years of experience in a regulated industry would be a very good advisor on how to operate in the grey zone, e.g. operate out of Singapore but accept only US dollars not Singaporean dollars.

Also the UI choices show signs of a deliberation. The UI is so easy to use that only easy marks would want to use it.
donator
Activity: 980
As someone said in twatter:

Bitcoin is backed by gold. Comedy gold.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
zhou, you should find a lawyer and stop talking. even if you're innocent (which i'm assuming you are), its ALWAYS best to say nothing and let your lawyer(s) speak on your behalf.

He's not going to get a lawyer... what would he say?

"Uh, I stole a shitload of money and spent it, now they found out it was me and they want it back.  Help me."??
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
Makes you wonder if Zhou Tong isnt a public figurehead for someone else working the strings.

Just consider one point, he was terrible with written english and transformed overnight as if there were two seperate entities controlling his account.

Yeh this is likely fringe conspiracy but its hard to know whats really true anymore.

Can you say scam cabal?

There's probably some noble Englishmen involved in all this. Of course the Queen wouldn't know about that.

Fuck I love those guys.

Relic collections.. frickin nuts!

They probably have some skulls dipped in gold, too.

lol'ed
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
The question you're really raising is whether he's actually the person who created Bitcoinica or he was just a frontman.
The answer is actually both. He's both the original creator of Bitcoinica and a frontman for the "advisor".

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.587530
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.673426

Interesting.

Quote from: zhoutong on January 04, 2012, 12:31:19 AM
And I have access to my advisor, who is a forex broker himself.

Any bets on who this is ?

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
The question you're really raising is whether he's actually the person who created Bitcoinica or he was just a frontman.
The answer is actually both. He's both the original creator of Bitcoinica and a frontman for the "advisor".

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.587530
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.673426
Wat
Chen Jianhai is my previous business associate.

If he has been in business with this guy then what business was it ? Unless you consider credit card fraud a business.

tldr you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep. I know none of my previous "business associates" are international fraudsters  Smiley

Your tl;dr was longer than the post it attempted to summarise.

I lol'd.

lol
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

If he has been in business with this guy then what business was it ? Unless you consider credit card fraud a business.

tldr you can tell a lot about people by the company they keep. I know none of my previous "business associates" are international fraudsters  Smiley

I lol'd.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333

Wat

Activity: 740
Hello world!
Ah the old bait and switch
Wat
The alleged promise of mysterious relic collector to return funds is meaningless as long as Zhou maintains that there is no way for them to be accepted.  All that is required is for them so be sent to an an accountant or lawyer's trust fund - and Chris Heaslip is an accountant as well as a nominal director of Bitcoinica.  That puts Zhou at arm's length from receiving them and puts them in safe-keeping until such time as what the fuck is happening with the return of user funds is sorted out.

At this point I honestly expect to hear that mysterious relic collector has changed his mind about returning the funds, leaving Bitcoinica and its users in limbo once again.

How convenient for him   Smiley
Activity: 868
The alleged promise of mysterious relic collector to return funds is meaningless as long as Zhou maintains that there is no way for them to be accepted.  All that is required is for them so be sent to an an accountant or lawyer's trust fund - and Chris Heaslip is an accountant as well as a nominal director of Bitcoinica.  That puts Zhou at arm's length from receiving them and puts them in safe-keeping until such time as what the fuck is happening with the return of user funds is sorted out.

At this point I honestly expect to hear that mysterious relic collector has changed his mind about returning the funds, leaving Bitcoinica and its users in limbo once again.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Surprisingly, yes. He strongly denied at first, but he changed his attitude entirely when I mention that this matter is an international-scale crime, and intelligent netizens from all over the world, including Phinnaeus Gage, are actively investigating this matter. And I also told him that the accidentally exposed a bank account number. (He claimed that it was a debit card purchased from black market.)

He used my secret identity because he felt that "it would be impossible to discover the hacker" and "it would be much easier to deny if the suspect account is an insider because you (Zhou Tong) can always distract people from investigating". I have repeatedly said that I have zero tolerance in this matter and I will report all his information, including his real bank account number and address to the police once the official investigation has started.

That's one hell of a long verbatim English quote coming from Chen(?) who doesn't speak English. If it was in Chinese, I'm sure it would have translated differently. But I'll assume you were paraphrasing to get the message across. And, if true, what does he mean by ZT having the ability to distract people from investigating?

I bet your guessing that there won't be any official investigation for you to present said evidence. Well played, there.

~Bruno~

(the post I promised is still forthcoming--this was not it)
Wat
My friends dont always hand me $40 000 to convert to liberty reserve  for them but when they do I dont ask any questions  Smiley

Inb4 money laundering.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
You are giving out wayyyy too much information.

zhou, you should find a lawyer and stop talking. even if you're innocent (which i'm assuming you are), its ALWAYS best to say nothing and let your lawyer(s) speak on your behalf.

People who talk a lot are more likely to convicted of crimes they didn't commit because most of what you say can be misinterpreted and used against you in court.

There is ABSOLUTELY 0 benefit of giving out any information whether you are guilty or not. Any lawyer in his right mind would tell you to stop talking and let him handle it.

Please trust me on this. Even if everything you are saying is 100% truth, there are so many ways to turn it against you to make you look guilty. I know you want to keep Bitcoinica customers informed, but a lawyer is going to help you AND the Bitcoinica customers reach a more fair agreement than you could do without a lawyer.

Inform the police ASAP because its always best to be the first one to report something to law enforcement. If you don't do it, someone else will.

Just keep in mind: you WILL end up going to court over this case as a witness, defendant, or whatever.

Since this is such a complicated situation involving some serious crimes, GET A LAWYER ASAP. TRUST ME THEY ARE WORTH IT.

You're still young, and I think you are super-intelligent and you have a really bright future. Just play this safe, go to the police and get a lawyer, and you will have nothing it worry about if you're innocent.

Please don't ego trip and convince yourself that you could do better than a lawyer. plz trust me, lawyers are necessary no matter how smart or innocent you are.

Good luck, I hope you take my advice and get through this.

And ill say it 1 more time. GET A LAWYER!!! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

It's highly common for eastern Eurpoean organized crime to employ, or use the pictures of, models to perpetrate scams against single men.

Why would anyone think that a scam run to bilk traders out of their money would operate much differently.

Please understand, I haven't said that ZT isn't real - just that I'm starting to have serious doubts that he can be.

But - wait.....we have pics!!! And no one has ever used a pic to suggest something be true when in fact it is not. Never. And no one ever got a fake credit or debit card.

It truly shocks me how people can simply accept whatever bullshit they read on the internet as truth. You'd think they'd learn.

Zhou had an internet presence prior to Bitcoinica.  According to Zhou, the hand-off of Bitcoinica to Tihan took place in person.  As Tihan would obviously have noticed if the person who turned up to hand Bitcoinica off didn't look like "Zhou", I'm willing to presume that they did.  So "Zhou" exists.  The question you're really raising is whether he's actually the person who created Bitcoinica or he was just a frontman.  I guess that's a question you could put to those who've Skyped with him - it's harder to maintain a bluff in real time than it is when you can carefully prepare written responses.

Before reading any further, I believe I may have to back-pedal and retract my statement thanks to being enlightened by both of you.

It's cool.  It's sometimes easy to forget that things which seem suspicious or unlikely to us can be normal and commonplace in other cultures.  Every now and then I read about something happening in the US and I'm convinced that I'm being fed bullshit when I'm not.

And why was it so important to do a personal hand-off in the first place, when Tihan Seale has done many a mega-dollar sales in the past several years, assumingly all accomplished online? irs.com comes to mind. Is it because it needed to be stated to us bitcoiners that a face-to-face meeting took place to prove validity? Is Tihan Seale the only one who has ever met Zhou Tong in person? (this ain't the first time I'm asked that, along with "Where are any videos of him?") Yes, I have seen three different pics of ZT, one with him holding up an iPod(?) with my name on it, but I can easily get some white-collared dude to hold up a sign that reads, "I'm Tom Williams".

I'm about to pen another post, but not exactly sure which thread, at the moment, it's destined for.

~Bruno~

EDIT: I just thought of something right after I hit the save button: The hand-off from ZT to TS? Shouldn't there be a Wendon Group in the middle of that?
Wat
"Security Experts"

http://www.abagnale.com/index2.asp

Mr. Abagnale believes that because punishment for fraud and recovery of stolen funds are so rare, prevention is the only viable course of action.

Is he the same as the 'infamous' Frank Abagnale as picture here; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007646/

good movie, btw. ;p

Yes thats him.  Smiley

Whenever I hear people say they are security experts I think of this guy.
Activity: 504
"Security Experts"

http://www.abagnale.com/index2.asp

Mr. Abagnale believes that because punishment for fraud and recovery of stolen funds are so rare, prevention is the only viable course of action.

Is he the same as the 'infamous' Frank Abagnale as picture here; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007646/

good movie, btw. ;p
Pages:
Jump to: