Pages:
Author

Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack - page 43. (Read 136139 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Gather ALL Funds you told us you are able to recover in ONE address - thats YOUR part of the Deal.

The Bitcoinica problem will be resolved independently from the hack issue.

So do YOUR part!

No, not all the funds he is able to recover - ALL THE FUNDS HE STOLE.

It doesn't matter if he has to sell a house at a loss - he paid for the house with stolen money.  Do you think bitcoin users are willing to donate a large percentage of their money to support his family?

try to see it as an incremental process to deliver the highest possible return for us. but I have to see action!
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Gather ALL Funds you told us you are able to recover in ONE address - thats YOUR part of the Deal.

So do YOUR part!

No, not all the funds he is able to recover - ALL THE FUNDS HE STOLE.

It doesn't matter if he has to sell a house at a loss - he paid for the house with stolen money.  Do you think bitcoin users are willing to donate a large percentage of their money to support his family?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

They should at least make attempt to recover the funds, or start liquidation process, or start police investigation.

Given that your credentials were used without your permission in the money laundering attempt and you believe this same person has committed fraud using your credit card account, you can also start a police investigation.  Pointing out that Bitcoinica should be taking certain actions doesn't deflect from the fact that there are also actions which you could be taking.  By not taking those actions, you're coming perilously close to being an accessory after the fact.

You literally can't exonerate yourself without a law enforcement investigation of the connections between the MtGox breach and your accounts.

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Bitcoinica has delayed over $700,000 in refunds for more than 75 days, and they are completely responsible for processing the claims.

Right now this issue is put on hold by them as well, because only Bitcoinica has the power to demand returning the funds from Chen Jianhai. I'm willing to provide his contact information to Bitcoinica or act as an intermediary.

If Bitcoinica refuses to take actions, no matter how much progress we make in investigation, the funds will never be returned to rightful owners.

Here I recommend anyone with significant stake to consider taking legal action against Bitcoinica LP, Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd and Bitcoin Consultancy Ltd to make returning of the funds possible. Alternatively, the creditors can force Bitcoinica into legal liquidation process so that the management can be replaced by someone else.

So do YOUR part!

...and don't forget to make backup of your wallet!
Vod
legendary
Bitcoinica has delayed over $700,000 in refunds for more than 75 days, and they are completely responsible for processing the claims.

Right now this issue is put on hold by them as well, because only Bitcoinica has the power to demand returning the funds from Chen Jianhai. I'm willing to provide his contact information to Bitcoinica or act as an intermediary.

If Bitcoinica refuses to take actions, no matter how much progress we make in investigation, the funds will never be returned to rightful owners.

Here I recommend anyone with significant stake to consider taking legal action against Bitcoinica LP, Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd and Bitcoin Consultancy Ltd to make returning of the funds possible. Alternatively, the creditors can force Bitcoinica into legal liquidation process so that the management can be replaced by someone else.

Ummm, you stole the money from Bitcoinica!  HOW are they supposed to pay it back?

I didn't.

They should at least make attempt to recover the funds, or start liquidation process, or start police investigation.

But they have done absolutely nothing.

Bitcoinica only owes me about $1,000, and I don't have to sue them.

You did.  You are a thief and a liar. 
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502

Ummm, you stole the money from Bitcoinica!  HOW are they supposed to pay it back?

I didn't.

But they have done absolutely nothing.

Bitcoinica only owes me about $1,000, and I don't have to sue them.
Vod
legendary

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
He's not going to get a lawyer... what would he say?

"Uh, I stole a shitload of money and spent it, now they found out it was me and they want it back.  Help me."??
You think that's something unusual for a person to say to a lawyer?
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Why am I the only person asking for a voice recording of the conversation between zhoutong and Chen Jianhai?

Because that might be evidence in a court of law, and no one involved wants evidence.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Why am I the only person asking for a voice recording of the conversation between zhoutong and Chen Jianhai?

Because the rest of us assume that there'll be some excuse as to why it wasn't recorded - even though logging it would have been a major priority for most of us under the same circumstances and we would have explicitly mentioned recording the call.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Cause you're the only one who understands chinese?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
zhoutong = Weldon ??
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Interesting.
Any bets on who this is ?
I'm fine with the "experienced forex broker" answer.

Legally, I would say Bitcoinica is operating in the graceful period of unregulated operation. My advisor has arranged consultations with two lawyers in Singapore and we're going to settle the legal stuff soon.

Somebody with years of experience in a regulated industry would be a very good advisor on how to operate in the grey zone, e.g. operate out of Singapore but accept only US dollars not Singaporean dollars.

Also the UI choices show signs of a deliberation. The UI is so easy to use that only easy marks would want to use it.

These posts were made right around the time of the "secret sale" to Tihan/Wendon group, so it seems that would be the "advisor" he's referring to here.

Perhaps "Chen Jianhai" was a fraud-advisor for zhou's sgitcoin.com. Perhaps..
BCB
vip
BCJ
Did you see those white framed glasses?

(he's 17).  Zhou.  I'm just kidding.  It ok if you are gay.  But not if you are the master hacker.  I hope you are keeping notes.  This will make a great book when you get out of jail.
BCB
vip
BCJ
Did you see those white framed glasses?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Zhoutong is gay?
BCB
vip
BCJ
Genius!
zhoutong is Maria's husband!
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

Quote from: zhoutong on January 04, 2012, 12:31:19 AM
And I have access to my advisor, who is a forex broker himself.

Any bets on who this is ?
...Maria? ?!?! Grin
Pages:
Jump to: