Pages:
Author

Topic: Study says being rich is determined by chance rather than intelligence or talent - page 13. (Read 2986 times)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose
Almost all for me. There is also a situation that if your family is rich then you are also, because you inherit all the wealth of you mother and father. There is also some person get rich because of their intelligence and talent, just because the want their life to change so they pursue to work hard to earn big money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
I am not entirely surprised by this at all actually, anecdotally I have always felt people who achieved success where mainly in the right place right time. Whether that be born to a certain family or class, or to a certain country, or area of a country, these things all effect where we will end up. Good to know us average folk can still make it in this rigged world Wink

That is so very true because there are a lot of intelligent people who end up nothing compared to their other people. Because they do not meet their chance they do not even see the opportunity. Not all people are given the chance to have an opportunity in their life so once that you have it do not even let it go because that is once in a life time. Just like those people who buy bitcoins 10 years from now look at them they are now a millionaire because of that. They have the opportunity and they grab it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
it was definitely an interesting read but i don't like the way it is putting it all together.

for sure, nobody can deny that luck plays an important role in everybody's lives, rich and poor alike. some have good luck and become more successful and some others have bad luck and fail. but to say being rich is determined by chance is wrong. i do believe in hard work. you may get lucky tomorrow and win the lottery but without hard work, talent and a functioning brain! that money is going to vanish in thin air so you will never become rich.

for example when i look back at my life for the past ~5 years, i have been working hard and i had a terrible luck with finding a job, making money, and anything else you may think. and although i am nowhere near being rich but i have improved my life significantly. and i will continue doing so until i get there.

I see and understand your pains with finding a job (I've been there), but the whole point of luck is such it comes about completely unexpected. And while this is certainly true in the majority of cases, you can actually work your way toward more luck. If you haven't yet, you may want to read the first two posts of this thread where I give an example how you can actually increase your chances of meeting, or rather encountering luck, though in a specific environment.

The irony is that people who don't believe in luck are less likely to find it, and this has pretty solid, kind of scientific explanation. Really, if you don't buy lottery tickets, your chances to win a lottery are null and void, whatever way you look at it. Certainly, it is a overly simplified example, but in real life it is not very far from that.

People who don't believe in luck act accordingly as if there were no luck possible at all, and when they are given a chance, they don't take it seriously and rather choose to discard it. This is a big mistake which you may regret for the rest of your life. But then it may be too late to cry. I know that, I've been there too.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
Yes its true, because some of the rich people like the artist are giving a chance to show their talents, and when they succed they become rich. So i believe that the chance that give to other people is the key to become rich, so if you have a chance to have a better life, grab it and work hard for it so that you will become succesful.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I trust in this, as long as the character is determined to exchange their life as lengthy as they see a small risk that can exchange them for the better they will took it. But to turn out to be a billionaire you will now not rely solely on danger but also on your brain or Genius a true instance was once some of the billionaires in the world, some of them did not graduate some dropped out in faculty because they took the threat to invent some thing new, modern so they focus in it and they grow to be rich and famous with it.
Well, it may be this way but I have a different faith in this matter. There is no doubt that luck plays an important role in the success of a person but grabbing the chance at right time depends on individual. For example, there are many people around here who knew about bitcoin when it was at early stages but only few grabbed the opportunity. A man can change his life with hard work.
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
I know about your point, chances are not always come in our life, and the chances are  now born which the key to everybody become rich, it is the cryptocurrencies business, which is the sharp tools use to all people become rich. We know already that there is a lot of people becomes a rich because of bitcoin business by starting in a small capital invested. But it is not quick and easy to become rich by way crypto business, we must also adopt the total nature and the flow of crypto businesses.
I know chance does not come to all people but when there is chance, do your best to grab it. In order to become rich, it is better if you have that talent and intelligence.Not all who are intelligent gets rich because they do not have the opportunity. Some people I know that got rich through bounty campaigns are because of luck, they do not study that much in crypto, but they work hard for it.

I strongly disagree with this stance. While we are not given the same amount of luck during our lifetime (since otherwise the idea of luck would be meaningless), no one can say that he has been completely unlucky. He could have been unlucky for not grabbing an opportunity when it had been presented to him, but it was his choice and ultimately his fault. To put it differently, you can't blame luck for yourself ignoring it when it comes about. Most people who consider themselves as totally unlucky are just that. They get stuck in a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy, basically, they are unlucky because they think of themselves so.

And also, we need to believe in luck, for how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?
Activity: 377
Yes, I agree with this. For someone to be rich does not just rely on intelligence and talent because all we need is luck. If the person is stupid and not gifted but has a very lucky fate, I am sure that person will succeed. And usually, people who are smart and talented, they will feel the most intelligent and arrogant with the knowledge they have.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
I agree People who are lucky can beat smart people, talented, and rich people though.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
it was definitely an interesting read but i don't like the way it is putting it all together.

for sure, nobody can deny that luck plays an important role in everybody's lives, rich and poor alike. some have good luck and become more successful and some others have bad luck and fail. but to say being rich is determined by chance is wrong. i do believe in hard work. you may get lucky tomorrow and win the lottery but without hard work, talent and a functioning brain! that money is going to vanish in thin air so you will never become rich.

for example when i look back at my life for the past ~5 years, i have been working hard and i had a terrible luck with finding a job, making money, and anything else you may think. and although i am nowhere near being rich but i have improved my life significantly. and i will continue doing so until i get there.
From what you say, I highly agree that luck or opportunity is just something temporary, it can not determine the rich, more precisely, our lives will become better in the short term when we are lucky but whether this lasted or not, it depends a lot on our talent and intelligence. Talent will help us maintain a rich life, instead of opportunities because the opportunity is not forever, it will soon disappear while talent is a permanent tool, it can help us make money regardless of whether we have the opportunity or not, talent automatically gives us the opportunity
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing

Activity: 210
Merit: 0
Opportunity attached to talent is a great thing. Perhaps you are right, if we are lucky we will become rich. Smart, talented are not always successful, but they reduce the risk of losing money, and the opportunity to come up with intelligent people is always high.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 502
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Activity: 518
Being rich is sometimes a fate because some rich people had inherited their wealth they are the people who were born with silver spoon that is what we call fate but some people become wealthy through their goals in life and their perseverance to become rich.
Activity: 268
World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)
I do not agree with this article. For me, it depends on how you become rich. When you got rich by chance like making bets in gambling, then we can say you are a very lucky one. But if you get rich because you pursue and become successful with your career, I don't think that it is just by chance. It involves time, effort, intelligence, and talent, that's why you achieve your dreams.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
Being rich is when you have intelligent, hard work, and determination. But by chance is only given once in a lifetime, but make sure if you have that chance to become rich, you must work for it and do all you can to maintain it.
Activity: 420
I'd disagree with that and say that everything is determined by person's very abilities and nothing more.
Activity: 171
I would disagree with the article. Of course chance has a good role in anyone's life but if you put a lot more effort then you get a lot more lucky. That's just basically how it is, the more entries you send the more chances of winning. Tthose people that has a lot of good ideas ends up being rich, and a lazy people will not get anything
Activity: 434
This I think only partially correct. It is possible that the opportunity comes and you grasp it to become rich but if you are not smart and knowledgeable then I believe you can completely lose it all. Opportunity will not come to anyone too many times so catching the opportunity is very important but if you want to keep it, you should invest in knowledge for yourself, it will never make you regret.
Activity: 196
being rich may be determined by chance rather than those traits but it doesn't mean that we must rely on chances, I'd rather use those intelligence and talent than to rely on those odds.
Activity: 238
It is a combination of many factors. You can't say that 100% of the rich people are intelligent and hardworking, while 100% of the poor people are retarded and lazy.
Pages:
Jump to: