Pages:
Author

Topic: Study says being rich is determined by chance rather than intelligence or talent - page 16. (Read 2986 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 13
Not all smart people are rich we can see beggars on the internet going viral because some of them are fluent in English while others are good in solving math problems. I think for some people it is their fate but for some they choose on what status of life they want to be. I know some people that are happy despite of being poor while some people who are rich are quite lonely.
Activity: 138
Merit: 0
I think luck and good timing also has something to do with it. We have seen intelligent and hardworking people trying to make it but most of them dont.

Being ruthless and cunning are also traits that one should have to get rich. Step on all those who are in front and who are better than you. If you need to, kill them.
...I also believed luck is the biggest percentage as being rich and a lot of people suddenly got rich, even without enough intelligence and talent. Actually, chances it considered as luck, But the normal manner being rich is the intelligence with talent.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
This is true. There are a lot of people who have worked hard their whole life and have nothing to show for it and I have met very intelligent people, some with incredible talent but they never made it and they never turned out rich, then you see people who are just starting out with no talent or brians, a slight turn of events and they end up rich with more money than they can use.
There is no way to deny that luck plays a factor when it comes to be rich, after all if it was just about working harder or to have the talent then all the people that work hard or that have talent will become rich and that is impossible, but at the same time those that were able to become rich have something else going on for them they have some kind of natural intelligence when it comes to money.

To begin with, I agree with you and your point in general. Just by hard work and intelligence alone, you won't become super rich like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett. I don't know much about Buffett and his lucky star, but Gates once upon a time had more luck than a few hundred people may have in their entire lifetime. With that said, though, if you are slightly more intelligent that the rest of the pack and not very much unlucky beside them, you can rightfully hope for a decent living even if you were not born into riches, especially if you put a good deal of effort in pursuing this end.
And you are completely correct there are also some studies that show that those that have an higher IQ earn more money than those that have a lower IQ so as long as you do not have terrible luck or just take terrible decisions then the chances that you will be fine by yourself are very high, and it is not really surprising someone that has an higher IQ can comprehend more difficult subjects that pay more.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Being rich is according to fate and predestination
yes i do believe in fate so i guess eventhough your an intellegent person if fate doesnt occur you and the chance that is not with you it will not determine you to being rich but rather being rich is just determined by chance rather than intellengence or talent because if you have that two but dont have the chance its useless.

I will go with the study and believe that taking chances will be the road to sucess or richness , because if you will rely on your intelligence by not taking the simple chance that might made you rich, grabbing the oppurtunity to that business I believe the key to success.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
If anyone think that  intelligence or talent is not a major contributory factor to acquiring wealth in life then let him give the oposit a trial in his life. what you call chance to me does not exist because a formal and conscious preparation was made some day some time awaiting for that chance to come, infact chance only come to those who are prepared fore it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
yes i do believe in fate so i guess eventhough your an intellegent person if fate doesnt occur you and the chance that is not with you it will not determine you to being rich but rather being rich is just determined by chance rather than intellengence or talent because if you have that two but dont have the chance its useless.
Activity: 476
So i should blame chance for making me poor? I don't think so, i really think hard work and a certain measure of intelligence is key. I must admit, chance is a factor but not the whole deciding factor. Such thinking will actually put people into a passive state and just accept things happening in their lives. In my opinion, hard work is the key to success. Being born poor is not your, dying poor is. Then again, I won't disagree with scientific studies.
Activity: 185

I disagree because moat of the time the high percentage of an individual to be rich is that he has intelligence and talent. It is the foundation to success. We can't rely on chances because it means that we are not confident enough in the aptitudes that one has.
Activity: 462
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
Nit entirely sure if financial success is solely reliant on chance alone. I mean yes chance plays a role in earning money. But a smart investment done in a proper time with a proper amount is invaluable. In this day and age, information is key to getting what you want. Being first to putting stake and just sitting back and see your money grow is not solely on chance. People actually work hard and study trends to earn. Chance is a factor.
Activity: 338
Merit: 102
I am not entirely surprised by this at all actually, anecdotally I have always felt people who achieved success where mainly in the right place right time. Whether that be born to a certain family or class, or to a certain country, or area of a country, these things all effect where we will end up. Good to know us average folk can still make it in this rigged world Wink
yes of course being rich is really determined by chance because all of us have a chance to be rich and no one can stop that.but if you are intelligent you know how to be rich and you can reach your goal because of your talent too.so it is up to a person who can manage their life.
Activity: 24
Well, as Tiger Wood said: I win because I'm lucky. And the more I train, the more I become lucky ...
Activity: 210
I think, nothing can change a person's fate except from the person himself, it all depends on our own whether to try or not, I believe the effort does not betray the results. unless it is already rich derivatives.
Activity: 84
Opportunity knock once and that is your chance to reach out your dreams, many intelligent people are thinking that when they let it pass they can do their things but some people who is wise but not intellectual but grab it.

That's one reason why people become rich out of a sudden or become successful in life, and most intelligent people are full of pride that they can do anything but fails to do so...
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
chance is a factor of course. noone can deny it. but you should do something i mean you should make a step to become a rich. you can not be a rich just by luck. even if you are a lottery winner, it means that you spent money to buy a ticket. so it is not only chance or luck.
Activity: 868
Merit: 535
I would disagree with the article. Of course chance has a good role in anyone's life but if you put a lot more effort then you get a lot more lucky. That's just basically how it is, the more entries you send the more chances of winning. So those people that has a lot of good ideas ends up being rich. Look at Elon Musk, if you guys didn't know, the guy invented Paypal and he just sold it. Look at him now. He's still making billions out of his new ideas.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
     While I agree that luck truly plays a big role in the process of being successful in any field or being rich, I do not think that luck alone can take you to such heights. Just look at a lottery winner being a multi millionaire for a year or two but then end up being poor again in the next few years. If you do not have the intelligence, you will not be able to take the chance if it is there, and even if you have intelligence but do not have the skills or talents required to maintain being there, you will eventually end up going down than up.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Personally my take on that is yes, it is not determined by intelligence or talent, a bit of chance I can say but  mostly it is about your attitude and determination that would make a big difference. It is not just your way to be rich but to be successful in life, I believe that the definition of success would mean different things to different people, so I believe it is all in our hands, what you did and how you did things would determine where you will be at by being motivated of the why you did it.
Activity: 107
I know about your point, chances are not always come in our life, and the chances are  now born which the key to everybody become rich, it is the cryptocurrencies business, which is the sharp tools use to all people become rich. We know already that there is a lot of people becomes a rich because of bitcoin business by starting in a small capital invested. But it is not quick and easy to become rich by way crypto business, we must also adopt the total nature and the flow of crypto businesses.
I know chance does not come to all people but when there is chance, do your best to grab it. In order to become rich, it is better if you have that talent and intelligence.Not all who are intelligent gets rich because they do not have the opportunity. Some people I know that got rich through bounty campaigns are because of luck, they do not study that much in crypto, but they work hard for it.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
I am not entirely surprised by this at all actually, anecdotally I have always felt people who achieved success where mainly in the right place right time. Whether that be born to a certain family or class, or to a certain country, or area of a country, these things all effect where we will end up. Good to know us average folk can still make it in this rigged world Wink
Actually, yes being rich is not because you are smart person or skillful person sometimes it is by chance, by faith or by opportunities that comes to us.  What is the essence of being top student in your class, or have lots of rewards and certificate of appreciation if you don't have any opportunities to grab? That's useless.
Pages:
Jump to: