Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1613. (Read 3049505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 24, 2013, 12:33:01 PM

Sweet let's get at least 3+ more(+ more, for safety nos.) and those Bitbet guys may have a screen to shout at.

you could try to contact Luke-Jr.

I heard that he is the guy to contact for winning those bets.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
September 24, 2013, 12:30:47 PM
People don't seem to see they only need one working unit by 30th September, slap a picture on the forum - no more refunds. That's all they need to do to cover their back and keep the Sept delivery promise.

Which KnC customer is playing the role of LukeJr?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 24, 2013, 12:25:57 PM
For the record, I already stated I will post something the same day of the pickup if in September. (Unless it gets delivered at the very last hour and I am unable to plug it in due to some silly thing like no switch and no way to put in a paper clip...)

I would be up for beers as well.

By then the hashrate as measured by the number of pages will be over 600  Grin

So if, let's say, playing devils advocate; they, on the last day of September, the Monday called you in the AM, or early PM, you could sprint to their office and pick-up that day?

Yes.

Sweet let's get at least 3+ more(+ more, for safety nos.) guys/gals available to make a Stockholm pick-up at short notice (as in drop everything, Mon afternoon-whenever before midnight type availability and happy to be called at a moment-ish type notice come Mon latest) with a Day 1 order number (has to be so no one is screwed with delivery promise). and those Bitbet guys may have a screen to shout at. I mean unless they have the chips now, or Fri, then surely next available day is Mon morn. It would be phenominal to get the video of them actually turning the boards on for the first time.

You actually couldn't make this sh*t up. It's insane.
Activity: 742
September 24, 2013, 12:24:58 PM
For the record, I already stated I will post something the same day of the pickup if in September. (Unless it gets delivered at the very last hour and I am unable to plug it in due to some silly thing like no switch and no way to put in a paper clip...)

So if, let's say, playing devils advocate; they, on the last day of September, the Monday called you in the AM, or early PM, you could sprint to their office and pick-up that day?

Yes.

September 24, 2013, 12:24:33 PM
So, Bitcoinorama: are you going to be in Stockholm during the weekend? Maybe Monday?

Looks like they're confident enough to ask me to get a flight, so erm i think so. I mean to be fair I was always assuming I would be before, or around this point, but was beginning to question this internally recently myself. This really sounds like it will be down to the absolute wire, if they pull this off.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 24, 2013, 12:21:53 PM
So, Bitcoinorama: are you going to be in Stockholm during the weekend? Maybe Monday?
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 24, 2013, 12:20:32 PM
No - it's up to 10 BTC instantly per week, up to 50 BTC per day with 4-5 day delay...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 24, 2013, 12:16:52 PM
re: Coinbase limit... I think it is worse than 10btc a day for now

"Level 2 and above can also buy up to 10 BTC per week instantly with no delays."

hopefully it is a typo..I'll email them
September 24, 2013, 12:15:35 PM

Does me picking up count? I could possibly record a video, but I've just received an email to haul ass and catch a plane to Stockholm over the weekend.

sorry for asking, but from all forum members why did they contact you to record a video of a working unit and pick up your unit in person?

Shocked

Don't apologise. I always insisted/agreed i'd do a third report on delivery day, but I don't want to be responsible for any bets being won/lost, or people loosing accounts.
September 24, 2013, 12:13:30 PM

Straight up, who here with a first day order is available for a Stockholm pick-up at short notice, even if it's late night Monday?

are you going to use a tent for the next two weeks in Stockholm ? Wink

If that things hashing, and it's 400+Gh/s - it's more profitable to hole up in a hotel then risk leaving for a flight even for a day. Free elec and that. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 24, 2013, 12:12:57 PM

Does me picking up count? I could possibly record a video, but I've just received an email to haul ass and catch a plane to Stockholm over the weekend.

sorry for asking, but from all forum members why did they contact you to record a video of a working unit and pick up your unit in person?

Shocked

Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 24, 2013, 12:12:33 PM
Straight up, who here with a first day order is available for a Stockholm pick-up at short notice, even if it's late night Monday?

are you going to use a tent for the next two weeks in Stockholm ? Wink
Activity: 742
September 24, 2013, 12:11:05 PM

September 24, 2013, 12:09:56 PM
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 12:08:15 PM
Crumbs. Don't do this. I actually quite like having you on the forum. You make people think twice about stuff, often reasoned. I implore you to think twice yourself here. Seriously.

Thank you, but i'm certain that i would like to take this bet.  We on?

Whoa. I'm not betting anything. This messengers been shot enough times, thanks, but I've genuinely been asked to be present in person over the course of the weekend, which is before 1st October. If they have a unit working, straight up i'm videoing it, and posting it, unless they do, or as well as. I'm also picking up my mining device, which will hash against my wallet asap, well as soon as I can. Hell i'll use hotel wifi if I have to. I'm telling you not to take the bet with Mota, or anyone for that fact. You're too valuable in highlighting the deceit that exists elsewhere, when you don;t overcook the annoyance with your fascination with colourful ponies, something I don't fully understand. Presumably that means next working day UPS will be making regular appearances, and pick-ups will be commencing. So I doubt i'm the only one that needs to be ready to take time out for this.

Oh well.  Thanks for your concern. Cheesy
P.S:  I also liek birds.
September 24, 2013, 12:05:22 PM
Whoa. I'm not betting anything.

Chicken!

[img]KFC[/ img]

Hold up, i'm about to purchase a flight outbound of the UK. I'm not responsible for incoming air traffic to Sweden, with chips. As such i'm not risking by Bitcointalk account for the sake of a dumb bet, and I don't want crumbs loosing his. If I have a unit this weekend. 4 other people on this forum easily have the next day or two. That's an entire working week of UPS delivering.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 24, 2013, 12:02:07 PM
Whoa. I'm not betting anything.

Chicken!

September 24, 2013, 11:58:32 AM
Crumbs. Don't do this. I actually quite like having you on the forum. You make people think twice about stuff, often reasoned. I implore you to think twice yourself here. Seriously.

Whoa. I'm not betting anything. This messengers been shot enough times, thanks, but I've genuinely been asked to be present in person over the course of the weekend, which is before 1st October. If they have a unit working, straight up i'm videoing it, and posting it, unless they do, or as well as. I'm also picking up my mining device, which will hash against my wallet asap, well as soon as I can. Hell i'll use hotel wifi if I have to. I'm telling you not to take the bet with Mota, or anyone for that fact. You're too valuable in highlighting the deceit that exists elsewhere, when you don;t overcook the annoyance with your fascination with colourful ponies, something I don't fully understand. Presumably that means next working day UPS will be making regular appearances, and pick-ups will be commencing. So I doubt i'm the only one that needs to be ready to take time out for this.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 11:53:34 AM

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 24, 2013, 11:52:58 AM
These things aren't being manufactured on the starship Enterprise, no teleporters or replicators to instantly crate or transport components and they won't be configured by a moaning scottish engineer at the last minute to produce 110% more power either.

In the real world even trivial things take time, especially if you need it to be done well enough.
The list of things left to be done in so few days is not trivial.

And yeah you sarcastic arse, I have years of production manufacturing experience...not in electronics primarily but the principles are the same in general.

I'm reminded of that guy falling from a building who says he's fine all the way down..it's only at the final moment that his optimism and refusal to see what's really going on dawns on him and then it's a bit late.

Yes... Sure... and in your years of manufacturing experience you did not ONCE come across a production line? Seems that way to me. Since I worked part-time, for most of my pre-university education, on a professional manufacturing line and I can tell you from experience that if all parts are available - I (and I was NOT by far the fastest one) could put together more than 8 PCB's per hour, and those were by far more complex than this one. So close that silly mouth of yours and think again what bullshit you want to spout here. Even if they have those assembled in a small manufacturing company with only 10 people working on them they can easily push out more than 1000 PCB's per day. AND who the hell said that they started assembly the moment the video was posted? They could have started 3 days before, or even 5. Who says they started only after all parts were available? At the company I worked we partly assembled all the time and got the job still done. So who the fuck cares if you have years of experience if you don't even know the simplest of processes and how much a single worker bee can do in a day?

Hi Mota.  You seem very sure of yourself.  I propose a gentleman's bet:

If KNC ships as promised, in September, i will publicly apologise to you, on this forum, and forever stop posting on Bitcointalk.org, effective October 1st, 2013.
If KNC fails to ship as promised, in September, *YOU* will publicly  apologise to me, on this forum, and forever stop posting on Bitcointalk.org, effective October 1st, 2013.
Deal? (we can finalize the details in subsequent posts)

I'd say they're looking confident by the tone of it, but I actually like having both of you around the forum though...Mota's cool, and Crumbs you're superb entertainment, when you don't act up too much.

I've certainly enjoyed any retorts we've had over the past months.

Dilemma. Cry

You sure you want this?

This weekend? So you will arrive Sept. 29 with one day to spare. Doesn't look like they left much margin for error.  
Jump to: