Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1611. (Read 3049505 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 24, 2013, 02:01:08 PM

If you are that concerned why not take the courier option. For sure the women are 1000% worth the visit just to keep rubbing your eyes and pinching yourself in disbelief. No sh*t, really, it's unnnreal. I wouldn't risk taking anything apart, no container will be more protective than that metal casing, and you'll for sure void warranty dude.

Are you not concerned for your miner?

I've already paid 240USD for shipping, but I'm looking at ways to improve my ROI, so saving on delivery is one of them + maybe safer and quicker + I get to see Stockholm (again).

Yes, I just haven't thought about it yet. I'd been quietly wondering when/if this side of Oct they planned any delivery. Now I have like 3-4 days to suddenly buy a ticket, throw stuff in a bag, make some excuses this side of the weekend and figure out what to do with a miner that's clearly larger than carry-on. I have one of those boblebee bags, I'm wondering with the camera case attachment I can separate the boards and use it as handheld. That will for sure void warranty, but it's a hard shell case with a soft structured inner. Will customs ask random q's?! The case could travel in hold. Undecided

Didn't Bono pay $10k for his favourite hat to travel first class in it's own seat when he forgot it?

I would suggest a nice Pelican case. Hard body, water proof, rollers, build in handle, and lockable. Also they frequently are used on flights by people with expensive electronics without issue. I have a nice large one for such occasion, and it's wonderful.

If they can destroy the Pelican case, there are far  greater concerns about the flight itself.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 24, 2013, 01:59:43 PM
I've already paid 240USD for shipping, but I'm looking at ways to improve my ROI, so saving on delivery is one of them + maybe safer and quicker + I get to see Stockholm (again).

Is your $240 for both miners? or each? and how did you choose the express method?

My shipping to canada is $136.80 per miner and I never had an option to choose any method.  It just says UPS ZONE 7.

And as far as I know according to the UPS zone chart, UPS ZONE 7 = importing from the United States, so I don't know what that's about.

$120.40 per Miner and no options to select. Carl told me over the phone it is UPS Express Saver.
Seems a bit expensive for delivery to UK, when you pay $136 to get it to Canada.
I'm UPS Zone 3.

I use UPS all the time. $120.40 for UPS Express Saver from Sweden to UK for something of that weight is not expensive at all, in fact is pretty much OK.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 24, 2013, 01:58:05 PM

Is your $240 for both miners? or each? and how did you choose the express method?

My shipping to canada is $136.80 per miner and I never had an option to choose any method.  It just says UPS ZONE 7.

And as far as I know according to the UPS zone chart, UPS ZONE 7 = importing from the United States, so I don't know what that's about.

$120.40 per Miner and no options to select. Carl told me over the phone it is UPS Express Saver.
Seems a bit expensive for delivery to UK, when you pay $136 to get it to Canada.
I'm UPS Zone 3.
September 24, 2013, 01:53:50 PM

I've had lots of boxes from across both ponds. The safest and least-damaged boxes always came using the fastest method, so if they're using 1 day or 2 day shipment, I wouldn't worry too much.

If someone went cheap and went with like 1 week shipping or more (if that was an option, which I don't think it was), then I would worry.

I'm not much worried about the shipping, but I wish I can just go and collect.
Unfortnatelly I can't think of a way to make sure my miners don't die while being handled.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 24, 2013, 01:53:25 PM

Activity: 532
September 24, 2013, 01:52:16 PM

If you are that concerned why not take the courier option. For sure the women are 1000% worth the visit just to keep rubbing your eyes and pinching yourself in disbelief. No sh*t, really, it's unnnreal. I wouldn't risk taking anything apart, no container will be more protective than that metal casing, and you'll for sure void warranty dude.

Yes, I just haven't thought about it yet. I'd been quietly wondering when/if this side of Oct they planned any delivery. Now I have like 3-4 days to suddenly buy a ticket, throw stuff in a bag, make some excuses this side of the weekend and figure out what to do with a miner that's clearly larger than carry-on. I have one of those boblebee bags, I'm wondering with the camera case attachment I can separate the boards and use it as handheld. That will for sure void warranty, but it's a hard shell case with a soft structured inner. Will customs ask random q's?! The case could travel in hold. Undecided

Didn't Bono pay $10k for his favourite hat to travel first class in it's own seat when he forgot it?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 24, 2013, 01:47:20 PM
so bet will be resolved as no.

If five respected forum members do in-person pickup of working units on Monday evening the bet will be resolved as "Yes". Actually, since BitBet times are GMT, the time limit is 2 AM that night Stockholm time.
Activity: 616
September 24, 2013, 01:38:58 PM

I've had lots of boxes from across both ponds. The safest and least-damaged boxes always came using the fastest method, so if they're using 1 day or 2 day shipment, I wouldn't worry too much.

If someone went cheap and went with like 1 week shipping or more (if that was an option, which I don't think it was), then I would worry.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 24, 2013, 01:28:44 PM
Not that I particularly care if any of my 6 Jupiters go out on October 1st, instead of September 30th.  I wouldn't consider that a missed target, and I can deal with that just fine.

Ask me about the BFL singles I finally managed to get a refund on - after 14 months....  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 24, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
Sorry but shipping out one unit on September 30th may win a bet but it does not meet their target if "Day 1 shipping" has any meaning.

Day 1 shipping?   I seem to recall them mentioning day 1 and day 2 production.

Comment: This order has been scheduled for Shipping on day 1 of production

If "day 1 of production" is not in September it's a miss.
September 24, 2013, 01:23:56 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 24, 2013, 01:18:55 PM
Sorry but shipping out one unit on September 30th may win a bet but it does not meet their target if "Day 1 shipping" has any meaning.

Day 1 shipping?   I seem to recall them mentioning day 1 and day 2 production.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2013, 01:17:58 PM

Well, obviously if they take a week to ship out Day 1 units, 95% of which happen after Sept 30th, then they won't have very happy customers and the BFL Two WeeksTM mantra will be bandied about heavily.

At this point, those of us with orders have to give them the benefit of the doubt and see exactly how many units they can assemble, test and ship (or deploy for hosting) per day.

Personally, I'll be really happy if 50% of Day 1 orders ship before the end of Sept with a rate of ~ 1000 units per day or so.
September 24, 2013, 01:17:20 PM

They said, or rather Sam has said, can I make the weekend, this one?

A quick question: How do you plan on getting that miner back to the UK?
I'm asking because I've paid over 240USD for delivery and I'd rather get a ticket and bring them back myself, but I don't think they will survive in the checked in luggage and will not fit in the carry on luggage.

Lol when I first inquired months back, Sam said it would fit in hand luggage. that beast does not meet any hand luggage requirements I know of, but I reckon a clean swipe could take out one of Ryanair's boarding trolls. It may have to be checked in, in a bag with a lot of socks.

The problem is I got 2 of these babies, so either way I have to check them in Sad

Do you feel absolutely confident that they will survive in the cargo bay?

Maybe be receive it in parts for safer travel and then assemble at home?

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 24, 2013, 01:14:29 PM
legendary
September 24, 2013, 01:13:09 PM
Get your bets in. Bitbet is closing the KNCMiner bet in 2 days.

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-27+00:00:00UTC

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

I absolutely would not bet any further cash on this. I've been asked to arrive this weekend, not leave, so delivery by Mon is still a stretch, again devil's advocate here. I'm not making Bitbets on this.

so bet will be resolved as no.

Put your money where your mouth is then.
legendary
September 24, 2013, 01:12:08 PM

If it's boxed for shipment, it shouldn't fare significantly worse on one airline in baggage than it would on a different airline, like UPS, also in baggage...

Have you seen how they unload the baggage from the plane? What if my miner is underneath the pile? Then on the conveyor belt Sad
I know UPS aren't very delicate either, but to me it seems airport baggage handlers are the worst.

They call them throwers for a reason. http://travelproluggageblog.com/2013/02/luggage/confessions-of-an-airline-baggage-thrower/
legendary
September 24, 2013, 01:10:17 PM

I'm asking because I've paid over 240USD for delivery and I'd rather get a ticket and bring them back myself, but I don't think they will survive in the checked in luggage and will not fit in the carry on luggage.

If it's boxed for shipment, it shouldn't fare significantly worse on one airline in baggage than it would on a different airline, like UPS, also in baggage...

It's not the shipping, it's the timing and priority. When packages come through a shipping system, it can easily can get delayed far more significantly than a passenger can when dealing with customs.
September 24, 2013, 01:09:07 PM

Lol when I first inquired months back, Sam said it would fit in hand luggage. that beast does not meet any hand luggage requirements I know of, but I reckon a clean swipe could take out one of Ryanair's boarding trolls. It may have to be checked in, in a bag with a lot of socks.

The problem is I got 2 of these babies, so either way I have to check them in Sad

Do you feel absolutely confident that they will survive in the cargo bay?

Maybe be receive it in parts for safer travel and then assemble at home?
September 24, 2013, 01:06:25 PM

Lol when I first inquired months back, Sam said it would fit in hand luggage. that beast does not meet any hand luggage requirements I know of, but I reckon a clean swipe could take out one of Ryanair's boarding trolls. It may have to be checked in, in a bag with a lot of socks. This is another dilema. Train would take to long, but don't those now have elec outlets and free wifi??
Jump to: