Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1612. (Read 3049505 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
September 24, 2013, 01:06:08 PM
Get your bets in. Bitbet is closing the KNCMiner bet in 2 days.

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-27+00:00:00UTC

http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/

I absolutely would not bet any further cash on this. I've been asked to arrive this weekend, not leave, so delivery by Mon is still a stretch, again devil's advocate here. I'm not making Bitbets on this.

so bet will be resolved as no.
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 24, 2013, 01:05:48 PM

If it's boxed for shipment, it shouldn't fare significantly worse on one airline in baggage than it would on a different airline, like UPS, also in baggage...

Have you seen how they unload the baggage from the plane? What if my miner is underneath the pile? Then on the conveyor belt Sad
I know UPS aren't very delicate either, but to me it seems airport baggage handlers are the worst.
Activity: 532
September 24, 2013, 01:03:55 PM

I absolutely would not bet any further cash on this. I've been asked to arrive this weekend, not leave, so delivery by Mon is still a stretch, again devil's advocate here. I'm not making Bitbets on this.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 24, 2013, 01:02:02 PM

They said, or rather Sam has said, can I make the weekend, this one?

A quick question: How do you plan on getting that miner back to the UK?
I'm asking because I've paid over 240USD for delivery and I'd rather get a ticket and bring them back myself, but I don't think they will survive in the checked in luggage and will not fit in the carry on luggage.

If it's boxed for shipment, it shouldn't fare significantly worse on one airline in baggage than it would on a different airline, like UPS, also in baggage...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2013, 12:58:37 PM

September 24, 2013, 12:58:10 PM

“We’ve got people personally carrying the chips so we can get through customs faster. We have personal couriers flying around the world handling these chips via different airlines so we can guarantee we will have at least half a delivery if there are any delays with customs or flights,” Cole said.

http://virtualmining.com/kncminer-offers-free-speed-increase-with-first-bitcoin-miner-shipments/

Well then, sounds like at least one person might have gotten on a plane with some special baggage.  Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
September 24, 2013, 12:57:44 PM

A quick question: How do you plan on getting that miner back to the UK?
I'm asking because I've paid over 240USD for delivery and I'd rather get a ticket and bring them back myself, but I don't think they will survive in the checked in luggage and will not fit in the carry on luggage.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2013, 12:55:11 PM
Sound to me like they have a DHL tracking number for chips, expected arrival on or before Monday.  If Friday, they could go balls-to-the-wall over the weekend building units and populating the data center...

Sam said that they weren't relying on a shipping carrier for the first round of chips and rather were sending someone on a plane to hand carry the chips through customs. DHL shipping notifications isn't what they're waiting for. Smiley

“We’ve got people personally carrying the chips so we can get through customs faster. We have personal couriers flying around the world handling these chips via different airlines so we can guarantee we will have at least half a delivery if there are any delays with customs or flights,” Cole said.

http://virtualmining.com/kncminer-offers-free-speed-increase-with-first-bitcoin-miner-shipments/
September 24, 2013, 12:53:42 PM
Yes - there are still people arguing over the definition of "unit" for the Bitfury shipping bet from last month...
Activity: 616
September 24, 2013, 12:49:04 PM
and those Bitbet guys may have a screen to shout at
Mother of god. There's gonna be a fight.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 24, 2013, 12:48:21 PM
I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th.
Time for your job interview. Bring a soldering iron, might be like this  Wink

Activity: 616
September 24, 2013, 12:45:49 PM
... WHEN exactly they want you in Stockholm.

Could Bitcoinorama's boundless devotion be explained by the Stockholm Syndrome?

Lolz

It sounds to me like things are ramping up across the pond.

Reminds me of the sound of hundreds of GPU's spooling up for scrypt.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 24, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
... WHEN exactly they want you in Stockholm.

Could Bitcoinorama's boundless devotion be explained by the Stockholm Syndrome?
September 24, 2013, 12:43:10 PM
So, Bitcoinorama: are you going to be in Stockholm during the weekend? Maybe Monday?

Looks like they're confident enough to ask me to get a flight, so erm i think so. I mean to be fair I was always assuming I would be before, or around this point, but was beginning to question this internally recently myself. This really sounds like it will be down to the absolute wire, if they pull this off.

Just for clarity: they asked you to get a plane ticket - for when? When are you arriving to Stockholm? When will you return home?

I think this info is important in order to know when they expect to have the first units in hand.

F**k knows I haven't booked yet. I ain't bloody travelling Ryan Air again if I can avoid it! Norweigian all the way. I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th. Presumably once they have demo'd a working test unit to themselves, it's full on balls out manufacture to keep peeps sweet.

Maybe they can guarantee that the units will be ready by the weekend and then you don't have to spend the Monday in Stockholm  Grin

Unless they can prove working units that meet their promises, and are wanting to employ me from the get go, then i'm locking that bad boy in a hotel room, with free electricity and wifi, and air con on max, then i'm off to chase skirt 24 hours a day till it makes sense I leave.
September 24, 2013, 12:40:59 PM
So, Bitcoinorama: are you going to be in Stockholm during the weekend? Maybe Monday?

Looks like they're confident enough to ask me to get a flight, so erm i think so. I mean to be fair I was always assuming I would be before, or around this point, but was beginning to question this internally recently myself. This really sounds like it will be down to the absolute wire, if they pull this off.

Just for clarity: they asked you to get a plane ticket - for when? When are you arriving to Stockholm? When will you return home?

I think this info is important in order to know when they expect to have the first units in hand.

F**k knows I haven't booked yet. I ain't bloody travelling Ryan Air again if I can avoid it! I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th.

Wow, they are really tight. I hope the can pull off a final stunt and indeed deliver by the 30th, but it seems difficult.

Please let us know if they finally ask you to get the ticket, and specifically WHEN exactly they want you in Stockholm.

Activity: 742
September 24, 2013, 12:40:07 PM

F**k knows I haven't booked yet. I ain't bloody travelling Ryan Air again if I can avoid it! Norweigian all the way. I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th. Presumably once they have demo'd a working test unit to themselves, it's full on balls out manufacture to keep peeps sweet.

Maybe they can guarantee that the units will be ready by the weekend and then you don't have to spend the Monday in Stockholm  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 24, 2013, 12:38:39 PM

F**k knows I haven't booked yet. I ain't bloody travelling Ryan Air again if I can avoid it! I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th.

Wow, they are really tight. I hope the can pull off a final stunt and indeed deliver by the 30th, but it seems difficult.

Please let us know if they finally ask you to get the ticket, and specifically WHEN exactly they want you in Stockholm.
September 24, 2013, 12:37:10 PM

F**k knows I haven't booked yet. I ain't bloody travelling Ryan Air again if I can avoid it! Norweigian all the way. I've been asked if I'm free this weekend, but Mon is the 30th. Presumably once they have demo'd a working test unit to themselves, it's full on balls out manufacture to keep peeps sweet. So i'm guessing peeps can expect units next week as promised. Stockholm's bucks to hang around in (unless the miner mints accom cheaper than leaving to travel home), that said the women there are easily the most beautiful in the word, regardless if they are originally Swedish or not, there is something unnatural (or very natural) in the water there.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
September 24, 2013, 12:35:20 PM

September 24, 2013, 12:33:51 PM

Sweet let's get at least 3+ more(+ more, for safety nos.) and those Bitbet guys may have a screen to shout at.

you could try to contact Luke-Jr.

I heard that he is the guy to contact for winning those bets.

Lol.
Jump to: