Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1705. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
September 06, 2013, 09:05:09 PM
Have they announced how the miners will connect online? Will it be Wifi or Ethernet? Because I'm screwed if its ethernet. My campus won't let anything on ethernet other than Windows, Mac, and certain Linux distros with Cisco software. I'll need to tether Wifi or hack together some ethernet sharing.

have you not been reading?! lol. its ethernet, just get an adapter.

Reading... whats that? Huh
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 06, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
Have they announced how the miners will connect online? Will it be Wifi or Ethernet? Because I'm screwed if its ethernet. My campus won't let anything on ethernet other than Windows, Mac, and certain Linux distros with Cisco software. I'll need to tether Wifi or hack together some ethernet sharing.

have you not been reading?! lol. its ethernet, just get an adapter.
Activity: 280
September 06, 2013, 08:59:58 PM
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 06, 2013, 07:18:58 PM
Can someone point me to the post which explains KNC policy on the sale of pre-orders? I'm sure I read it in the last few weeks, but not sure where. Do they change names and delivery addresses etc?
Activity: 552
September 06, 2013, 06:33:13 PM
One week into Sept with not much word from KNC.  I believe they are waiting on the same things we are to get chips, and well hopefully get chips any day now than any month now.  It would be nice to have a bit more transparency esp so late in the game where shipping should be any time now.  I do also realize that transparency can also cause issues and potentially if they say oh crap we wont get chips till end of oct, lots of people might cancel.

Next Friday approaches mid month so the weeks are flying by ... any updates KNC, esp since we will prob have 100m+ diff by the time we hope to get our boxes this month.

not much word... lol

Credit card payments
2013 September 05
Forum Launch
2013 September 05

I feel I was bottle fed the whole time, and am quite happy.

Fair enough but well the most important thing of all is yet to be discussed..  I mean anyone can easily do the above.. and please note yes I do have a Jupiter on order im not a hater but lets hope they dont slip into oct/nov etc
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 06, 2013, 05:37:46 PM
I much prefer complete silence and then miners becoming delivered to a constant 2-week chatter from you-know-whome.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
September 06, 2013, 05:20:42 PM
Took an initial look at the KnC forum. Looks like there are more questions than answers floating around. Hopefully KnC will soon become a little more active over there...

It's new give it time, I'm sure they will become more active soon.

Trying to finish their miners and get them out the door is taking up a lot of their time, I assume.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 574
September 06, 2013, 05:12:35 PM
Took an initial look at the KnC forum. Looks like there are more questions than answers floating around. Hopefully KnC will soon become a little more active over there...
Activity: 602
September 06, 2013, 05:03:22 PM
Cant wait. Pallet with PSU is waiting for miners to arrive Smiley
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
September 06, 2013, 05:02:19 PM
not much word... lol

hh, member of KNC fan-boys crew strikes back. it is so fucking funny track your posts in this thread.. otherwise, once you will stop blindly advocate KNC, please try to open your eyes and admit, that forum launch or cc payments are little bit irrelevant in situation, when we are 2 weeks from shipping after 5 months of waiting..

Get over it, the date is still the same as it has always been.  We've all known the wait would be 5 months from the start.  There hasn't been a delay announced and if there is you can resume your ignorant arguments.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 06, 2013, 04:53:11 PM
not much word... lol

hh, member of KNC fan-boys crew strikes back. it is so fucking funny track your posts in this thread.. otherwise, once you will stop blindly advocate KNC, please try to open your eyes and admit, that forum launch or cc payments are little bit irrelevant in situation, when we are 2 weeks from shipping after 5 months of waiting..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 06, 2013, 04:50:25 PM
As fr as the pre-order model is concerned, there is nothing wrong with the model. The problem is the abuse of the pre-order model by some actors (ahem) in the bitcoin space.   I remember someone posting about how they saw an option to "pre-order" an Amazon kindle paperwhite and freaked out for a second.

But like I said, KnC is offering refunds at any point in time, and they are allowing people to pay with credit cards.  That's low risk for the customer.  

In fact, it's actually high-risk for KnC because people can order miners, get them and then do charge backs claiming they never got their system, or their CC was stolen, or for that matter  order with a stolen CC or whatever while mining away with ∞% ROI.  I would be... hesitant to go that rout.

I'm sure that it has been discussed before, but I really don't want to go through 400+ pages to find my answer. My question is about the pre-installed cgminer, more exactly, will it also have the "chosen" pool details already on it? Asking cause I've noticed those fields on the knc website where you can enter your pool of option, worker and so on. Or is that part of the knc website intended for customers that chose knc hosting for the miners? Also, is there a problem if 2 or more miners would mine under the same "worker"?

KNC will test your unit with those credentials.  So they will be installed at the factory before they send it to you.
Okay, but what if you ordered 2 Jupiters to be delivered at the same time?  Is that a problem?  We can change the preconfigured info, right?  I'm confused about this.

I don't see how it's confusing. You give them your pool, worker ID and password, they configure the unit and test it, then they send it too you. Doesn't make any difference how many.

Who cares, we'll have our units in hand before they even start. KnC has said all October orders will ship before October 15th.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 06, 2013, 04:40:33 PM
One week into Sept with not much word from KNC.  I believe they are waiting on the same things we are to get chips, and well hopefully get chips any day now than any month now.  It would be nice to have a bit more transparency esp so late in the game where shipping should be any time now.  I do also realize that transparency can also cause issues and potentially if they say oh crap we wont get chips till end of oct, lots of people might cancel.

Next Friday approaches mid month so the weeks are flying by ... any updates KNC, esp since we will prob have 100m+ diff by the time we hope to get our boxes this month.

not much word... lol

Credit card payments
2013 September 05
Forum Launch
2013 September 05
Store Update
2013 September 02
Small Update
2013 August 30
Power Supply Recommendation
2013 August 28
Getting Closer
8/21/2013
Reseller Banners
8/20/2013
KnCMiner Case
8/14/2013
KnCminer Newsletter
8/11/2013
Hosting News
7/23/2013
R&D Information
7/19/2013
Network Protection Statement
7/18/2013
Status Update
7/11/2013
News update
6/26/2013
Life on Bitcoin
6/18/2013
Lottery and queue position update
6/18/2013 10:01:00 AM
Independent Review
6/13/2013
Queue Position Update 1
6/11/2013
Payment Window Closing
6/10/2013
Lottery Now Closed
6/6/2013
Mars Video
6/4/2013
PayPal issue solved
6/4/2013
PayPal Issues
6/4/2013
Mars Prototype
6/3/2013
New Products
5/11/2013
Product Announcement
4/25/2013
Kncminer and ORSoC are partnering up to bring the new miners to the world
4/17/2013
Register for advance notification of order book opening
4/4/2013

I feel I was bottle fed the whole time, and am quite happy.
Activity: 552
September 06, 2013, 04:12:01 PM
One week into Sept with not much word from KNC.  I believe they are waiting on the same things we are to get chips, and well hopefully get chips any day now than any month now.  It would be nice to have a bit more transparency esp so late in the game where shipping should be any time now.  I do also realize that transparency can also cause issues and potentially if they say oh crap we wont get chips till end of oct, lots of people might cancel.

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
September 06, 2013, 03:09:27 PM
For what it's worth, Pre-Orders are sort of a necessary evil if you want to see a worthwhile return. If you are willing to accept the risk, you get in before everyone else and reap a much greater reward.  If you wait until units are "off-the-shelf" deliveries, you won't see a whole lot back with everyone else trying to get a piece of the action.

^^^ This.  (nice avatar btw)
Activity: 434
September 06, 2013, 03:06:04 PM
That's someone that will always be counted on to measure EV in fiat. ^^^

Why not?? What should I measure in? Jaffa cakes? Gold? Some other commodity?
When BTC is a real and useful currency I'll treat it as one, until then it's a commodity much like gold.
I paid in pounds converted to dollars...and I'll measure success or failure by how many pounds I end up with in the long distant future.
I don't expect to be spending any BTC for a long long time unless there is a massive benefit to me in doing so. I don't want to end up like pizza man Smiley

Anything that isn't undergoing a controlled demolition by it's issuer would be preferable. I personally try to measure value in ounces of AG, but I know that nearly everyone thinks in terms of continuously devalued fiat.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
September 06, 2013, 02:54:34 PM
Business Risk vrs Reward ..........Thats what it is all about ..........Plus what if one of these companies turns out to be another BFL ............. then what is your re-course.

Personaly any business promoting integrity  , high quality and wanting to protect their reputation , has a lot to lose , if they dont live up to their promises . When this company uses paypal and credit card , this allow many to have the power to create a dispute and get their monies back immedatley . This company  now is showing they are trusting their business controls and expertise . Then when this same company has shown their improvements , proving they want to "Under promise and Over deliver"..........and if you have read carefully this is what they want their "Moto" to be .

New investments with new companies should always come with greater caution , but even now Im refusing to get a refund .......risk management doesnt mean I never expect a loss , it means Ive done my due dillergence and have weighed up possible gains vrs possible loses .

The safer bet is KNC ............we will see soon .........as longer as this  galloping diff doesnt destroy as all ............if you cant afford to lose it ....dont risk it
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 06, 2013, 02:45:39 PM
UUuuuughh, great; just what we need.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 06, 2013, 02:40:42 PM
That's someone that will always be counted on to measure EV in fiat. ^^^

Why not?? What should I measure in? Jaffa cakes? Gold? Some other commodity?
When BTC is a real and useful currency I'll treat it as one, until then it's a commodity much like gold.
I paid in pounds converted to dollars...and I'll measure success or failure by how many pounds I end up with in the long distant future.
I don't expect to be spending any BTC for a long long time unless there is a massive benefit to me in doing so. I don't want to end up like pizza man Smiley
Activity: 752
September 06, 2013, 02:36:03 PM
As fr as the pre-order model is concerned, there is nothing wrong with the model. The problem is the abuse of the pre-order model by some actors (ahem) in the bitcoin space.   I remember someone posting about how they saw an option to "pre-order" an Amazon kindle paperwhite and freaked out for a second.

But like I said, KnC is offering refunds at any point in time, and they are allowing people to pay with credit cards.  That's low risk for the customer.  

In fact, it's actually high-risk for KnC because people can order miners, get them and then do charge backs claiming they never got their system, or their CC was stolen, or for that matter  order with a stolen CC or whatever while mining away with ∞% ROI.  I would be... hesitant to go that rout.

I'm sure that it has been discussed before, but I really don't want to go through 400+ pages to find my answer. My question is about the pre-installed cgminer, more exactly, will it also have the "chosen" pool details already on it? Asking cause I've noticed those fields on the knc website where you can enter your pool of option, worker and so on. Or is that part of the knc website intended for customers that chose knc hosting for the miners? Also, is there a problem if 2 or more miners would mine under the same "worker"?

KNC will test your unit with those credentials.  So they will be installed at the factory before they send it to you.
Okay, but what if you ordered 2 Jupiters to be delivered at the same time?  Is that a problem?  We can change the preconfigured info, right?  I'm confused about this.
Jump to: