Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1732. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
September 02, 2013, 02:30:46 AM
Disclosure:  I am a Jupiter buyer and confessed noob (mutually exclusive  Wink )

Question:  Doesn't the announcement that Jupiters can support a max power supply of 1600 W (60% over spec) imply that the hash rate might also be 60% above announced spec?  So, hash rate might be 160% * 400 = 640,000 MH/s?

Recommended power supply for Jupiter is 850,  Maybe i missed something but i didn't see anything about 1600w on a Jupiter.  
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 02, 2013, 02:28:07 AM
Disclosure:  I am a Jupiter buyer and confessed noob (mutually exclusive  Wink )

Question:  Doesn't the announcement that Jupiters can support a max power supply of 1600 W (60% over spec) imply that the hash rate might also be 60% above announced spec?  So, hash rate might be 160% * 400 = 640,000 MH/s?

I think it's safe to assume overclocked they could achieve 500 but 640 would be too much to hope for.  Of course, on this point I would love to be proven wrong.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
September 02, 2013, 02:21:23 AM

eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 02, 2013, 01:13:18 AM
KnC beating around the bush for the Asic Chip.

legendary
Activity: 994
September 02, 2013, 12:24:51 AM

Has there been any movement on the KNC Pool website?  I've not been following as closely as I should and want to make sure I didn't miss the announcement.   I know we have the ability to enter Pool/Username/Worker on our account page, just didn't know if we could create our KNC pool accounts yet.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
September 02, 2013, 12:21:06 AM
Any way to get just the miner Huh I couldn't careless about any cost eating case  Wink
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 01, 2013, 11:38:22 PM
I think at this point most would prefer they over perform/over deliver on the shipping date rather than the hashrate.
That would indeed be "The icing on the cake", but I'm not sure about "Rather than" Smiley
Hoping more for "In addition to", but not expecting it since the last announcement stated "Towards the end of September"
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
September 01, 2013, 11:36:05 PM
I think at this point most would prefer they over perform/over deliver on the shipping date rather than the hashrate.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 01, 2013, 11:28:50 PM
It'll be pretty funny if they just keep adding into the margins. We don't really know how far they're going to go with 'margins on margins on margins.' What if they pull 200+ gigahash per chip out of their pocket in the end Tongue Now that would be partytime.
legendary
LIR DEV
September 01, 2013, 10:34:23 PM
I don't think KNC is saying anything too far outlandish. Several other 28nm MFG's are claiming stock clockrates of 400-600GH per single chip. Cointerra's 2TH unit is using 4 chips, clocked at a "modest" 500 with OCing room left on the table.

I think it's a situation of "this is what was planned conservatively" vs "this is what the chip is actually doing now that we can see results".

A few test chips were already made/test-run prior to the full batch being laid out.

This is another reason why myself and others keep saying we haven't fully begun to enter the actual difficulty rise. CT is supposed to be shipping 2,000+ TH in one month, KNC is far above that, and so on/so forth. Leaps and bounds above current difficulty.

agreed, on all points...  meant it in a good way saying "Pretty spectacular" Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
September 01, 2013, 10:31:00 PM
I don't think KNC is saying anything too far outlandish. Several other 28nm MFG's are claiming stock clockrates of 400-600GH per single chip. Cointerra's 2TH unit is using 4 chips, clocked at a "modest" 500 with OCing room left on the table.

I think it's a situation of "this is what was planned conservatively" vs "this is what the chip is actually doing now that we can see results".

A few test chips were already made/test-run prior to the full batch being laid out.

This is another reason why myself and others keep saying we haven't fully begun to enter the actual difficulty rise. CT is supposed to be shipping 2,000+ TH in one month, KNC is far above that, and so on/so forth. Leaps and bounds above current difficulty.

legendary
LIR DEV
September 01, 2013, 09:57:27 PM
Gotta throw my 2c in on this...
Saturn was   175  Jupiter was 250
Saturn was   200  Jupiter was 400
Saturn now   260  Jupiter now 520.
(considering my understanding of the last announcement)
I'm pretty sure I'm interpreting the statement correctly,
Although O'rama thinks it may be otherwise...  
That interpretation makes no sense to me, because
unless there is some type of gain in the end result,
there would be no need to mention it.

With that in mind, 250 to 500+ is like...
Wow.

Jupiter was 350.. what u smoking?  I think that post was a typo....

edit.. eh.. I think that was the 'twinkle in their eyes' days of Jupiter

Have a puff of truth.
then it changed to...

Right to 400, so where did you hear 350....ever?

And now finally....

Forgive me if I seem awed, but that seems pretty spectacular to me!
and fairly plain in fact it is the hashrate which has increased!

It would be good for KNC to confirm this though with actual
expected hashrate values (Hint)  Grin
Activity: 462
September 01, 2013, 09:47:59 PM

Wow.

Jupiter was 350.. what u smoking?  I think that post was a typo....

edit.. eh.. I think that was the 'twinkle in their eyes' days of Jupiter
September 01, 2013, 09:47:33 PM
Should be interesting if known miner device manufacturers stop shipping and the hashrate rises anyway pointing to some unknown manufacturer's hashing devices hitting the network.

no doubt the Asgards & Anunnaki are cooking up their hashing too as we speak
legendary
LIR DEV
September 01, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

Wow.
September 01, 2013, 09:42:26 PM
I don't buy miners in BTC, I buy them in USD. If I make more USD than I paid I have a positive return.

But you'll have more USD if you just buy the BTC and hold them. Why do you want less USD?

Don't waste your time Syke.  He is locked into a fiat mind-set, and doesn't understand that a miner's purpose is to generate more BTC than it cost in BTC... otherwise, just buy the BTC directly and come out way ahead.

So you can easily buy $14,000 or more bitcoin on credit card?  0% interest with 1% cash back?  There are more angles than you seem to present

How can you buy btc with a credit card? Say I wanted to purchase $8000 in btc with my credit card, how would I go about making that purchase in the US?

that is my point
Activity: 616
September 01, 2013, 09:27:00 PM
Its going to be exponential until it isn't.

I can't tell if I am being overly optimistic or pessimistic, but I anticipate that it will be exponential while all the current 28 nm projects are still in the process of shipping out their pre-orders... so until February or March of next year.  Global network hash rate at time will likely be close to 14PH/s.  Assuming 41M daily additional difficulty gain for the linear phase (currently we are at 1.5M daily additional so about 27x more hash power will be added daily due to the newer tech available), I modeled a 400GH unit arriving in mid October generating ~ 55BTC of the next 14 months (and a 520GH unit generating ~70BTC). If received Oct.1st, the numbers looks like 75btc and 90ish (for the 520 GHs spec).

Curious how close to reality that ends up.

It's true it won't last forever, but the severity should not be lightly taken. We're just seeing the ripple in the surface with the tsunami beneath.

The visual model I came up with long ago is essentially a modified bell curve of sorts. We're just beginning to enter the rise portion, the +3SD range. We'll pass the +2SD at the end of the year, and my prediction is the first quarter, maybe second quarter as well, of 2014 will be the +2SD to +1SD "sharp rise". At some point beyond that, once all manufacturer's backlogs are cleared out, there will be a plateau of sorts. I doubt it'll be short like a normal bell curve, but it will plateau. I predict thereafter will be a drop off at some point, but not level with the initial inclination. Likely only going beyond the 1st deviation, at which point it'll eventually go up again and will then essentially be a sine curve from then on out with slight variances.

So far my past few months of difficulty predictions (numbers) have been almost spot-on. I'm not an oracle or anything, but I have a feeling my visual model is spot-on with what will happen long term. Picture the histogram on mining.TGB as the window rolling up to the +3SD point of my curve.

As for SHA altcoins, I've been having good luck with PPCoin lately. There are other ones which folks have done well with.

320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

Does being that stupid actually hurt?

I understand where he's coming from. The original clock rate was 320. He's presuming they're talking about an additional performance on top of the original clock rate. However, that's not the case. They adjusted the stock clock rate to 400 in one of their announcements. So he's wrong in saying 320, but I can see why he thought that.

No, the original target rate was 250.

And the new one is 400 ... he's still wrong
Activity: 238
September 01, 2013, 09:26:17 PM
320*1.3 =~ 433 not 520

Roi in 2020 Wink

Does being that stupid actually hurt?

I understand where he's coming from. The original clock rate was 320. He's presuming they're talking about an additional performance on top of the original clock rate. However, that's not the case. They adjusted the stock clock rate to 400 in one of their announcements. So he's wrong in saying 320, but I can see why he thought that.

No, the original target rate was 250.
eve
Activity: 210
September 01, 2013, 09:25:42 PM
No Chips to Show, what would their next update be? beat around the bushes
Activity: 752
September 01, 2013, 09:23:13 PM

Makes sense. Which altcoins are you mining if you don't mind me asking ?
zetacoin
Jump to: