Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1849. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 13, 2013, 04:15:58 PM
Still not heard back from KNC ... for 12 days now ...

This too scares the Shit out of me..    I am not bragging or anything but I started a Refund Revolt over at the BFL site back in early June..  Got banned and the whole 9 yards.. Got my Damn Refunds too despite Josh's BS etc..   I am getting itchy that if we dont get some damn solld Info From Knc soon(This week) I might be starting a second revoloution..

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
August 13, 2013, 04:15:30 PM
ill give it another 2 weeks then yeah im jumping ship as well.
Activity: 173
August 13, 2013, 04:07:43 PM

I'll give it another week and then start asking questions. How can they be ahead but they still haven't contacted you? Were they not supposed to contact you in July?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 13, 2013, 03:51:12 PM
Activity: 462
August 13, 2013, 03:20:49 PM

Right but that theory supports getting a refund and just buying coins with the money.

There's more to the equation. Getting BTC without a money trail and fees adds to the side of mining, even if the cost of electric brings you to a negative.
Also, it is easier to buy a miner with credit cards (0% interest hopefully) than BTC so for those not flush in cash, this is the only play as well

Activity: 190
August 13, 2013, 03:20:02 PM
currently difficulty is at 37. and is estimated to jump to 50. which is ~%35 increase so, if this trend continues, we are talking ~%100 increase per month
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
that is why I decided not to buy knc Jupiter at the moment, even if it is delivered in October as promised I still would not make ROI. Cry
if there is a flaw in this logic please point it out I really want to get Jupiter.

You're assuming that the exchange rate of BTC will stay the same.  Let's say the exchange rate goes to $200 USD / BTC or even higher, those coins you mine are suddenly much more valuable and can affect your ROI, though it may take a lot longer for you to see that.

I stopped mining back in 2010/2011 because they were only worth like $2 and it was costing more in electricity than it was worth.  Had I kept mining, that investment would have more than paid off.  If you are in this for the long term, then the investment could still pay handsomely.

I, personally, expect the price to rise because it will take more and more computing power to generate the same coins, pushing out the small guys and leaving only big investors with the hardware to mine, plus you have the deflationary pressures as people hoard coins.

Right but that theory supports getting a refund and just buying coins with the money.

where is the fun in that?
Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 13, 2013, 03:04:47 PM
currently difficulty is at 37. and is estimated to jump to 50. which is ~%35 increase so, if this trend continues, we are talking ~%100 increase per month
that is why I decided not to buy knc Jupiter at the moment, even if it is delivered in October as promised I still would not make ROI. Cry
if there is a flaw in this logic please point it out I really want to get Jupiter.

You're assuming that the exchange rate of BTC will stay the same.  Let's say the exchange rate goes to $200 USD / BTC or even higher, those coins you mine are suddenly much more valuable and can affect your ROI, though it may take a lot longer for you to see that.

I stopped mining back in 2010/2011 because they were only worth like $2 and it was costing more in electricity than it was worth.  Had I kept mining, that investment would have more than paid off.  If you are in this for the long term, then the investment could still pay handsomely.

I, personally, expect the price to rise because it will take more and more computing power to generate the same coins, pushing out the small guys and leaving only big investors with the hardware to mine, plus you have the deflationary pressures as people hoard coins.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 13, 2013, 02:58:38 PM

August 13, 2013, 02:49:28 PM
It was more odd to me that they could determine that without having a chip in hand... I mean from an engineering standpoint they ran simulations before tape out so that info was known, seemed more like a marketing type release to me.
From the reports of the Open Days, Andreas (IIRC) stated that they have margins

upon margins

upon margins

it is a marketing release, you are correct, IMO.

But based upon calcs.

maybe Jupiter cases can hold 5 chips and not only 4.  Smiley  That would be a margin upon margin.
August 13, 2013, 02:49:06 PM
Just amazing...

BTC Difficulty 37,392,768 -> 50,636,479 (35.42%) in 2 hours.   What a huge jump!  I believe this is a record.  13.2 million in a single bound.

Is it possible to manipulate the difficulty increases by removing hashing power prior to the change? How is the next difficulty level set?  Average over a number of blocks?   Just looks like 100TH dropped off the network today just before the increase and I'm sure we will see the power back online immediately after the difficulty gets set.

Don't even bother looking at Mining.TheGenesisBlock.com until after the change has happened.  Their moving window for the average difficulty is based on a 30 day window which causes it to be all messed up near the end of the window.  Example, right now it expects a very low monthly increase (in the 30% range).  I'm sure it will show 75% or more once that window gets corrected.

Just amazing to see how quickly the value of a miner can drop and this is why everyone is "concerned".    

KNC has provided all the info they currently have and the next update will probably be that the chips are in.  Until then we can watch the charts!

Might me the nail in the coffin  for me as well..  90% chance I will cancle my Knc order based on this..  Folks it wll only get WAY worse..
Activity: 322
August 13, 2013, 02:47:12 PM
It was more odd to me that they could determine that without having a chip in hand... I mean from an engineering standpoint they ran simulations before tape out so that info was known, seemed more like a marketing type release to me.
From the reports of the Open Days, Andreas (IIRC) stated that they have margins

upon margins

upon margins

it is a marketing release, you are correct, IMO.

But based upon calcs.

August 13, 2013, 02:45:42 PM
Just amazing...

BTC Difficulty 37,392,768 -> 50,636,479 (35.42%) in 2 hours.   What a huge jump!  I believe this is a record.  13.2 million in a single bound.

Is it possible to manipulate the difficulty increases by removing hashing power prior to the change? How is the next difficulty level set?  Average over a number of blocks?   Just looks like 100TH dropped off the network today just before the increase and I'm sure we will see the power back online immediately after the difficulty gets set.

Don't even bother looking at Mining.TheGenesisBlock.com until after the change has happened.  Their moving window for the average difficulty is based on a 30 day window which causes it to be all messed up near the end of the window.  Example, right now it expects a very low monthly increase (in the 30% range).  I'm sure it will show 75% or more once that window gets corrected.

Just amazing to see how quickly the value of a miner can drop and this is why everyone is "concerned".    

KNC has provided all the info they currently have and the next update will probably be that the chips are in.  Until then we can watch the charts!

Difficulty changed and now check out GenesisBlock.  The increase per month is now 94%!!!  (based on history).   This is the last nail in the coffin for Avalon and BFL units that have not arrived yet.

Activity: 434
August 13, 2013, 02:42:34 PM
August 13, 2013, 02:39:03 PM
I was not going to say anything as I am NOT the type to post FUD but now that Bitcoinorama PISSED me off I will…

I found it a little odd in Knc’s last newsletter that they pimped just the Jupiter stating and teasing us that it’s going to be considerable more powerful than the stated 400 GH..  Now you would think if this is the case with the Jupiter, it would be the case for all the other units as well would it not???  Then why not state that too???   Struck me as they are trying Pimp people to do the Upgrade to the Jupiter..    Just seems a little odd to me..

Maybe its FUD maybe not.. Do you know for sure?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 13, 2013, 02:38:02 PM
Odd how a single event can determine the future for eternity ...
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 13, 2013, 02:30:42 PM
Just amazing...

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 13, 2013, 02:09:31 PM
Like you did that other guy that posted on the Thread when you looked up and posted that he was living in houses he did not own etc..  I cant rememebr the exacts..  I thought at the time is was pretty low to do..

Anyway I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you..  I will simply state what I said above..

"And correct..  I am not going to spend another DAMN dime with Knc unless they release more Proof and Pics..  Sorry..  3rd grade drawings dont do it for me anymore..

Put up or shut up Knc.."

That was me.

It is becoming more than obvious that Bitcoinorama have some serious issues to deal with people in a business environment.

Kuroth, you are pretty entitled to ask whatever questions you want if you are interested to become a KnC buyer. Do not let people like Bitcoinorama let you down. At this point is quite reasonable ask for a proper announcement from KnC.

For all people waiting for valid questions as Kuroth, I want to say that that I support you and I wish you the best outcome.
Activity: 462
August 13, 2013, 02:02:23 PM
Just amazing...

We've seen AM drop the hash power in large amounts in the past but not sure if they were toying with anything or just restructuring their pools

Yes, the diff estimate has rose a lot in just the past few days.  The next jump is very key since that will take place just before september.  Will it stay under 70mil then? and perhaps 87ish the first jump in Sept?

That would be in line to what many of us predicted a few months ago.  If it screams to 100k in the first week of Sept there will be a lot of emails to KNC on ship dates if they havent started testing by then

legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2013, 02:01:07 PM
Think there isn't really anything we can do till September. Maybe god will favor this wave of miner and BTC suddenly rise to 200 and everyone win?

Price of BTC has nothing to do with mining ROI.

As for people who is bashing or defending knc, they should really chill out. September is only a few WEEKS away.

It is, but you better expect delivery at 25th of september and NOT 5th of september...

Well, I don't hold bitcoin. The price of BTC has everything to do with ROI. If I pay 1k for a miner and if I mine 1BTC which I can sell for 1k, then I got back my investment.

If September delivery is delayed, then we can all assume October delivery will be delayed also. I suspect it won't take long in September for people to figure out what's going on.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 13, 2013, 01:57:49 PM
After much observation, it is very likely Bitcoinorama is a shill. He goes above and beyond to defend KNC and proclaim how great KNC is in every aspect, but is extremely critical of their competitors.

That is only my opinion though. I know he's going to reply to this stating otherwise, but whatever...

BTW: No, you do not have to be paid to be a shill. Merriam-Webster: to act as a spokesperson or promoter

Yeah well, check page 53 Grin

I did, what of it? How's your $100k in Avalon going. Why are you here?
Jump to: