Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1852. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 13, 2013, 09:31:31 AM
anyone else plan to use BTC Guild with their KNC miners?

if so, it seems their PPLNS hasn't been as lucky recently and the PPS has paid better of late. (I have about 3.4Gh on PPS there)

wht other pools/configs are people planing on using?  Anyone trying to pool solo?

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 13, 2013, 09:11:28 AM
There was some talk at one point about them testing/burning in your equipment using your own pool information - I don't know if that still holds true or not.  

But like Bitpop says, if you're having it shipped to you, then just reconfigure it when you receive it.  I don't expect it will be very  complicated.

Yeah,

what if I chose to host it? Smiley

spiccioli

They answer emails with a 24 hour turn around - why don't you email them and let them know that you have paid for hosting and want to mine at HHTT?  I'm pretty certain they will accomodate you.   I'm also fairly certain that there will be an API provided for you to access your machine - which will probably allow changing pools...
Activity: 262
August 13, 2013, 09:03:21 AM
Do also note, that KNC's devices are not targeted towards final customers, but are for business customers. See Section 1.2, so Warranty might be a difficult issue.
Business customers are usually treated better than consumers in most areas of the industry.

In the Scandinavian countries it gives you less protection as a consumer. The Raspberry pi foundation tried to sell the rpi as such and were not allowed to.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
August 13, 2013, 08:59:48 AM
There was some talk at one point about them testing/burning in your equipment using your own pool information - I don't know if that still holds true or not. 

But like Bitpop says, if you're having it shipped to you, then just reconfigure it when you receive it.  I don't expect it will be very  complicated.

Yeah,

what if I chose to host it? Smiley

spiccioli
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
August 13, 2013, 08:59:31 AM

But like Bitpop says, if you're having it shipped to you, then just reconfigure it when you receive it.  I don't expect it will be very  complicated.
OMG!  It better come with instructions, haha! If I was able to get those little USB's going on cgminer, I should be good here.....I hope.
August 13, 2013, 08:48:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
August 13, 2013, 08:41:00 AM
who cares, dont use the stupid form.
configure it when you get it

Hi,

I was trying to update the hosting form with my preferred pool, but HHTT is not available... why?

You can only chose from a limited list, instead a simple:

- pool url
- miner name
- password

form would make it possibile to mine on each and every available pool.

spiccioli

ps. p2pool is not available as well...
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
August 13, 2013, 08:39:59 AM
Hi,

I was trying to update the hosting form with my preferred pool, but HHTT is not available... why?

You can only chose from a limited list, instead a simple:

- pool url
- miner name
- password

form would make it possibile to mine on each and every available pool.

spiccioli

ps. p2pool is not available as well...
August 13, 2013, 08:15:23 AM
Email to support:

Pre-configuration question

When you say pre-configuration worker name for multiple orders will have _XX appended to them, does this mean _1  _2  _3 or does this mean _01  _02  _03 ?

Thanks.

Kncminer Customer Service

Hi,

For the Pre-configuration of multiple orders we will add the worker name id with 01, 02, 03 etc.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Keith Gurnett  
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

August 13, 2013, 08:12:29 AM
Email to Support:

What about a password field in the pre-configuration information?   Some pools require a valid password – (Slush and  Ozcoin for example)

Kncminer Customer Service
Hi,

We understand that some mining pools require a password and we will be adding a password field to the page soon.

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Keith Gurnett  
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20
1.21 GIGA WATTS
August 13, 2013, 08:07:26 AM
Question about pre-config pool options in KnC account.

what if the pool you want to use (eclipsemc) isn't on the list?  has someone ask KnC about this or has it been answered before in the 280+ pages here.

Also note.
it seems that password isn't required for worker.  I tested it with eclipsemc pool and created new worker without password.  not sure if same with other pools.
then I tried it with cgminer and an RPi running minepeon, but I couldn't enter no password in cgminer settings, so I entered anything as password and it mined to eclipse all the same.

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
August 13, 2013, 06:55:16 AM
Looks like Saturn-Jupiter Upgrade will sellout soon.

Appear to have sold 26 in the last 12 hours with 13 remaining (based on available stock number).

BTW KNCMiner appear to have sold around $1.25 million worth of machines in the last week 60% being Jupiters.

Could you tell me where can I found the available stock number?

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
August 13, 2013, 06:24:09 AM
after avalon debacle I have some serious doubts that knc will deliver 28 nm parts on time.

new orders are coming in after the latest spike of btc price.

What does Avalon have to do with KNC?

preordering.

Activity: 616
August 13, 2013, 06:21:53 AM
Do also note, that KNC's devices are not targeted towards final customers, but are for business customers. See Section 1.2, so Warranty might be a difficult issue.
Business customers are usually treated better than consumers in most areas of the industry.
Activity: 446
August 13, 2013, 06:11:29 AM
after avalon debacle I have some serious doubts that knc will deliver 28 nm parts on time.

What does Avalon have to do with KNC?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
August 13, 2013, 06:01:24 AM

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 13, 2013, 05:46:32 AM
Looks like Saturn-Jupiter Upgrade will sellout soon.

Appear to have sold 26 in the last 12 hours with 13 remaining (based on available stock number).

BTW KNCMiner appear to have sold around $1.25 million worth of machines in the last week 60% being Jupiters.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
August 13, 2013, 05:45:37 AM
LOL, just went to update worker and pool settings on the KNC site and hit save and it redirected to paypal 'click continue if you would like to pay for your order'. WTF, it happened twice, I have a couple of unpaid ordersas well.

Not implying scam or any other nefarious idea, it was just a surprise to see it happen.

This happened to me the first time I clicked save. The 2nd time, everything saved properly and I didn't get the paypal redirect. It's definitely buggy.
Activity: 752
August 13, 2013, 05:10:15 AM

BINGO, these are not sold as consumer products.
The business spiel is some European thing. US customers need not worry.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."
August 13, 2013, 05:01:41 AM

BINGO, these are not sold as consumer products.
Jump to: