Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1863. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 10, 2013, 08:02:41 PM
BTW, for other users... Tip of the Day: It's also possible to mine and collect your BTC without having to download any wallet platform, or have it hosted like with online wallets. I have used the pools to send BTC directly to the exchanges by simply entering the wallet ID provided by the exchange into the pool payout address field for deposits, which will save you an entire set of blockchain verifications, and will free you from having to maintain a currently synced copy of the entire blochchain. (in this way you can access/transfer from anywhere, on any computer, even without bitcoin installed) I actually DO use the Qt platform though, but for more like a savings account, or backup place to store my BTC. My norm is sending right from the pool, to Gox. Keep in mind though that Gox Deposit Addresses expire, so you will need to change your payout address each time you send directly to the exchange if the addresses expire. Good luck & happy mining.

I am sorry to interrupt you, but there is no such thing as a "wallet ID" in the Bitcoin protocol. The forum participant above you was right and now I feel you do not want to admit your mistake.

By the way, the Bitcoin address provided by Mt.Gox do not expire. You get a new address after the old address received the first transaction. However the old address still can be used.

Please read the bottom line

https://i.imgur.com/GNG8s4i.png

and read this...
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address

What exactly are you trying to say here?  You can continue to use Mt.Gox address as much as you'd like. Or you can use new ones.  When you send a transaction, however it will not appear to have come from the address you deposited too.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 07:51:52 PM
BTW, for other users... Tip of the Day: It's also possible to mine and collect your BTC without having to download any wallet platform, or have it hosted like with online wallets. I have used the pools to send BTC directly to the exchanges by simply entering the wallet ID provided by the exchange into the pool payout address field for deposits, which will save you an entire set of blockchain verifications, and will free you from having to maintain a currently synced copy of the entire blochchain. (in this way you can access/transfer from anywhere, on any computer, even without bitcoin installed) I actually DO use the Qt platform though, but for more like a savings account, or backup place to store my BTC. My norm is sending right from the pool, to Gox. Keep in mind though that Gox Deposit Addresses expire, so you will need to change your payout address each time you send directly to the exchange if the addresses expire. Good luck & happy mining.

I am sorry to interrupt you, but there is no such thing as a "wallet ID" in the Bitcoin protocol. The forum participant above you was right and now I feel you do not want to admit your mistake.

By the way, the Bitcoin address provided by Mt.Gox do not expire. You get a new address after the old address received the first transaction. However the old address still can be used.

It used to be that way at Gox, but not anymore; I wouldn't have stated it If I didn't know it to be true... I also stated "IF your address expire"
Please read the bottom line

and read this...
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Address
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
August 10, 2013, 06:11:59 PM
Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

The rst of this isn't aimed at Wasted, more generally.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.

It's funny to watch people behave as if ASIC mining is some elite exclusive club.  People use any excuse they can grasp on to in order to act important, put others down and feel superior.  I guess Bitcoin mining is no exception to this rule.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."
August 10, 2013, 06:06:09 PM

Nice!

Now wait for Justification Nation...
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 10, 2013, 04:18:39 PM
Surprised to hear that this will be their first experience mining.   Figured anyone that is jumping on this expensive equipment has done some mining in the past.  Hopefully this isn't your first BTC experience. =)

I wouldn't recommend having all funds go directly to an exchange address.  Setup a local wallet, encrypt it, then back it up.  Once you have done that, use that wallet address to send your funds to.   If you are running windows, grab a usb stick-- run BITLOCKER. encrypt the usb stick and put the wallet on there.  put the stick in a safe or safety deposit box.

next..  have fun!

Suprised? Why? If people all over the bitcoin world talk about it expanding as more people get involved and the good it will do...surely some new people are required to make that happen? Should they start with equipment that is sure to lose them money, or find the gear most likely to break even ?

If someone had asked if it was worthwhile starting mining with their gaming machine with a couple of hot graphics cards...what would the advice be? Don't be silly, it's not worth it anymore I'd bet. So someone coming along who is interested in starting mining would need an ASIC logically.

The rst of this isn't aimed at Wasted, more generally.

This is a reason that the whole bitcoin arena is so slow to spread...it's full of people who love to put down anyone new. A few months experience mining and suddenly a lot of people are too good to be polite or remember that they were once in that position. There's no reason to be a  smartarse, and it makes you look a proper dick.

Some posts lately have been pure putdowns. People being called idiots for not having the same knowledge that others have and simply asking a basic question.

Sure, most of it can be found online, but it's not always well explained. IF someone stops you in the street asking for directions you'd never call them a dumbass for not bringing a map just because you're familiar with the area would you? Why is this any different?

Someone once helped you, you didn't slip out of your mother into the midwife's arms full of bitcoin mining knowledge.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
August 10, 2013, 03:59:58 PM

Activity: 778
Merit: 563
August 10, 2013, 03:53:35 PM

next..  have fun!

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 10, 2013, 03:37:59 PM
BitMinter (https://bitminter.com)
Nice stats and info on the progress. Merged mining with NMC for a little extra income. Not too big (yet).

What has been your average BTC/24hr at what hash rate?

I have been pretty close to 1 BTC/24hr @ 77 Gh/s in BTCGuild PPLNS, which also does NMC merged mining.

I have ~10GH/s and get around 0.13, which is comparable to your results, taking variance into account.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 03:01:22 PM
"No such thing as a Wallet ID"...  OMG
Agreed Keenan... some people are just unteachable. I give up.

Thanks for trying...
Check your Private Messages

Activity: 824
Merit: 712
August 10, 2013, 02:43:24 PM
"No such thing as a Wallet ID"...  OMG

Thanks for trying...
legendary
Activity: 994
August 10, 2013, 02:41:29 PM
It is my assumption that:
1) Wallet ID: The username/account name that you sign up on their yet to be released Pool web site with.  At this point, nobody has a KNC pool Wallet ID.
2) The Worker name is simply an identifier you make up.  For example, you could use 'Jupiter' or 'Saturn' etc.

Once we are able to login to the pool web site, we will be able to specify a withdraw bitcoin address and setup things like auto-withdrawal etc.

These are of course my assumptions, take them as you will.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
August 10, 2013, 02:31:34 PM
BitMinter (https://bitminter.com)
Nice stats and info on the progress. Merged mining with NMC for a little extra income. Not too big (yet).

What has been your average BTC/24hr at what hash rate?

I have been pretty close to 1 BTC/24hr @ 77 Gh/s in BTCGuild PPLNS, which also does NMC merged mining.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 02:29:56 PM
Has the question about missing password field been answered?
For example, BitMinter requires a valid password for its worker.
I just added it after the workername, they must have forgot that field.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 02:25:05 PM
"No such thing as a Wallet ID"...  OMG
Activity: 280
Hell?
August 10, 2013, 02:23:31 PM
Yeah but what is a "Wallet Id"?  Do they mean a "Bitcoin Address" for solo mining?
Wow.
Look, Your "Bitcoin address" is your wallet I.D.   Yes.
Solo mining or pool mining: doesn't matter.
Maybe you should start here...   http://startbitcoin.com/mining-with-asics/

No, there is no such thing as a wallet id.  A wallet contains many Bitcoin addresses and does not have an id.  A wallet just holds the addresses and keys to those addresses.

you are over complicating this. just stop.
August 10, 2013, 02:22:20 PM
Yeah but what is a "Wallet Id"?  Do they mean a "Bitcoin Address" for solo mining?
Wow.
Look, Your "Bitcoin address" is your wallet I.D.   Yes.

No, there is no such thing as a wallet id.  A wallet contains many Bitcoin addresses and does not have an id.  A wallet just holds the addresses and keys to those addresses.
legendary
LIR DEV
August 10, 2013, 02:17:59 PM
Wow.
Look, Your "Bitcoin address" IS your wallet I.D.   Yes.
or even here... http://startbitcoin.com/  I would suggest you practice mining with a GPU straight away, so you become familiar with the process, even though it may cost you a few dollars in electric.
Activity: 280
Hell?
August 10, 2013, 02:08:02 PM
Yeah but what is a "Wallet Id"?  Do they mean a "Bitcoin Address" for solo mining?

ugh, i see what you mean pheonix

Why are there so many pricks on this forum?

Is "Wallet Id" a term used at one of the mining pools?  It's certainly not correct if they are referring to a Bitcoin address.  What am I missing?

the more dummies, the more pricks. Wink
Activity: 360
August 10, 2013, 02:05:39 PM

Is "Wallet Id" a term used at one of the mining pools?  It's certainly not correct if they are referring to a Bitcoin address.  What am I missing?

It's the Bitcoin address what they mean. But that has nothing to do with solo mining.

It's just a Bitcoin address from you where the pool sends your earnings to.
August 10, 2013, 02:01:28 PM
Yeah but what is a "Wallet Id"?  Do they mean a "Bitcoin Address" for solo mining?

Is "Wallet Id" a term used at one of the mining pools?  It's certainly not correct if they are referring to a Bitcoin address.  What am I missing?

Jump to: