Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1948. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-24

That's great news for fans of KNC.  Meaning they will release a competitive product in Sept, sell it until the ROI drops and then design and release a new competitive product according to the network hash rate in 2014.   We all know these units will not be worth the current price in 6-8 months so what KNC is saying is really good for the customers.

Just remember to save enough BTC to get the next version and you will continue to thrive.

It also provides some information for non customers who feel it is too late to purchase.  You can save up and purchase a Gen2 device which should be profitable.  Just get in early next time.

+1. exactly. now waiting for some technical news/photos and will be fully satisfied.)
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Asicminer will only ever have 20-25% of the hashrate.  Their hardware is in no way competition to KNC.

sorry I don't follow :p
How is a direct competitor selling the same product not competition exactly? Its like saying Sony and Microsoft don't compete for your cash.

They are selling a product that will never ROI because they are in the business of mining. They don't care if nobody buys their products, but if a sucker comes along and buys one for more than it will ever mine, then score for Asicminer, but can't call that competition.
Activity: 778
Merit: 563

That's great news for fans of KNC.  Meaning they will release a competitive product in Sept, sell it until the ROI drops and then design and release a new competitive product according to the network hash rate in 2014.   We all know these units will not be worth the current price in 6-8 months so what KNC is saying is really good for the customers.

Just remember to save enough BTC to get the next version and you will continue to thrive.

It also provides some information for non customers who feel it is too late to purchase.  You can save up and purchase a Gen2 device which should be profitable.  Just get in early next time.

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Thanks, I think I'll go for a new 750W 80Plus Silver PSU (EDIT: when the time comes).
However, reading up a bit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus
Does not 600W 80Plus Silver PSU mean that it will deliver 600W to the device, but will draw 675W from the wall?

Computer shops here in the Philippines market it the other way.  Better to be safe than sorry (as you're planning on doing). :-)

What they basically say, is that they plan to be finished with all batch 1 deliveries by the end of November. Interesting.
Not BFL: they are talking about the next wave, after they are done delivering all the currently ordered devices.

My take on this is that KnC will also close out the order book when they run out (and maybe they're running low already), or when they think they have enough orders that can ship by end-Nov, even if they still have parts.

As for BFL, I told someone else in this forum:  bad customer service is a sure exit strategy.
Activity: 206
Great news - this is a peace offer to all parties involved. Let's hope others will follow  Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hash Wars have begun!
Activity: 140
How is a direct competitor selling the same product not competition exactly? Its like saying Sony and Microsoft don't compete for your cash.

AsicMiner are shipping at most 10GH/s devices while KNC is going to ship 400GH/s devices in only 2 months. I would not really call that competition.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
ASICminer will just rub their hands together and say "lets party" from Dec well into the new year.

Asicminer will only ever have 20-25% of the hashrate.  Their hardware is in no way competition to KNC.

sorry I don't follow :p
Activity: 43
ASICminer will just rub their hands together and say "lets party" from Dec well into the new year.

Activity: 532
Just received this update? Talking about March 2014? HUH? I thought these were to ship this year October? What's going on? So there will be three entire months other companies will be shipping miners and KNC will not be? That doesn't make sense. They need to understand they are also in competition with other mining companies. Not just themselves, right? I don't get it. You mean I could be waiting the entire winter months after paying months ago??? Damn, sounds like BFL all over again, no?

No, it means they have a shit load of integrity and give a damn about their customers achieving ROI.

Re-read, and don't panic! Wink
Activity: 196
Interesting concept but wont work unless other ASIC makers do the same..   But I like the idea..

IMO other ASIC makers would be smart if they did do the same..   Would help keep the early customers happy thus repeat customers..

Smart Idea..
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

Then this comes into play:

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
So when do they cut off new hardware sales then?  When they are ready to start shipping?
erk
Activity: 826
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Just received this update? Talking about March 2014? HUH? I thought these were to ship this year October? What's going on? So there will be three entire months other companies will be shipping miners and KNC will not be? That doesn't make sense. They need to understand they are also in competition with other mining companies. Not just themselves, right? I don't get it. You mean I could be waiting the entire winter months after paying months ago??? Damn, sounds like BFL all over again, no?

You're misreading it. Stop pannicking lol

They will stop shipping December-February. Which means that they will be shipping in September (or October).

"Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. "

Why would they release new products in March if they haven't shipping the original products? Tongue

Its quite the opposite of BFL. They actually have a roadmap laid out and plan on sticking to it as close as possible. They're not only predicting when they will ship, but when they plan on finishing their shipments and their future offerings. Its pretty reassuring. I'm glad my payment cleared.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

KnCMiner Network Protection Statement

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

What they basically say, is that they plan to be finished with all batch 1 deliveries by the end of November. Interesting.

Not BFL: they are talking about the next wave, after they are done delivering all the currently ordered devices.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Just received this update? Talking about March 2014? HUH? I thought these were to ship this year October? What's going on?

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Didn't receive that, but looks quite logical.
erk
Activity: 826
Received 8:30AM EDT on 7/18

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Activity: 35
I think it means for NEW devices, not for "first batch".
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
Jump to: