Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1949. (Read 3049501 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Saturn is listed as drawing max 500W. Do you think a 600W Corsair that I have lying around would be enough or should I go for a bigger PSU?

I would say you have a 0% chance of getting an official answer anytime soon.  I also think that if you don't get a psu sized for a Jupiter then you will just have to buy another one if you ever want to upgrade.

KNC doesn't know the power requirements themselves right now, but there will be plenty of time between when they know and when your shipment arrives.

You would be nuts to order a PSU before final power figures are released. It's not like they are hard to get. I can go to the local PC shop and have pretty much any common wattage/brand PSU within 20min.

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Saturn is listed as drawing max 500W. Do you think a 600W Corsair that I have lying around would be enough or should I go for a bigger PSU?

I would say you have a 0% chance of getting an official answer anytime soon.  I also think that if you don't get a psu sized for a Jupiter then you will just have to buy another one if you ever want to upgrade.

KNC doesn't know the power requirements themselves right now, but there will be plenty of time between when they know and when your shipment arrives.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

If your 600w PSU is 80Plus Silver, it can handle 510w.  If it's 80Plus Bronze, 492w.  I've read that non-80Plus PSUs can be as low as 50-60% of declared capacity.

Thanks, I think I'll go for a new 750W 80Plus Silver PSU (EDIT: when the time comes).

However, reading up a bit here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

Does not 600W 80Plus Silver PSU mean that it will deliver 600W to the device, but will draw 675W from the wall?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Create domain china: http://knc-china.com/ in date:2013-07-12

Maybe a clone hardware is in the works?!?  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Does the knc-china is genuine?

Additionally, How far is it?

Only way to confirm it is for kncminer.com to confirm, and for knc-china.com to put up a link to kncminer.com's confirmation.

If your 600w PSU is 80Plus Silver, it can handle 510w.  If it's 80Plus Bronze, 492w.  I've read that non-80Plus PSUs can be as low as 50-60% of declared capacity.

I'd say its a scam.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100

Only way to confirm it is for kncminer.com to confirm, and for knc-china.com to put up a link to kncminer.com's confirmation.

If your 600w PSU is 80Plus Silver, it can handle 510w.  If it's 80Plus Bronze, 492w.  I've read that non-80Plus PSUs can be as low as 50-60% of declared capacity.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
KNC site updated with upgrade options for you saturn/merc peeps  Shocked

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/upgrade-options

---

Alternate naming scheme idea for KNC's gen-2 product line, they could just start using the Greek/Latin names of the Roman gods they've already used by naming them after planets Tongue

10-terahash miner - Zeus, $7k

5th - Athena, $3995

2.5th - Artemis, $1995 -- or w/e the prices would be, you get the picture Tongue

Activity: 462
Firing it up

I think the being is fake
Firing it up

Activity: 360
@kncminer

You guys should really provide more detailed technical and status information than "everything is fine".

You know this is a very sensitive business. Lots of people have lots of money in. A more detailed information policy would largely increase your trustworthiness, would abandon wild speculations and discussions and would also likely boost your sales.

Many of us hope that you are working with European reliability in contrast to well known guys from other continents/countries. Think about it.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Activity: 446

Sweet! I'll take two!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Any new info on the sub $1000 product that they were considering?
I don't think there were explicitly considering sub-$1,000, they just made a cheaper device, the Mercury. They don't want to do sub $1k because they don't want the support headache of having thousands of customers.

They can't do anything less considering each chip is 100GH and the Mercury is a 1 Chip unit.

Can't split chips in 1/2.
True enough. Personally, I'd like to see their next product with entirely new gen-2 designed chips, assuming this batch comes off without a hitch.

You realize we've still got 4 long years until the next block-reward halving in 2017, and goddamn are we the lucky ones ^_^ Future generations will envy heavily the chance to actually mine even one entire bitcoin... per day. That will be an astounding, eye-opening thing to tell your grandchildren.

Grampa: "Yes Johnny, I once solo-mined a block and got 25 bitcoin."

J: "25 bitcoin, Grampa?! You could buy anything!"

Grampa: *chuckles* "Not quite anything, kiddo. But I did eventually buy this island with one of 'em."

Tongue

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I went with the childhood friend then ASIC haha
Keeps observing the swede in the corner  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1012
SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Not sure about the rest of you but I think Knc is going to have to release some pretty significant updates soon including Pic' of Chips, boards etc etc or a LOT of us are going to start getting itchy..

I come from the BFL disaster and I am one of the lucky ones that "JUST" this week got a refund for all my May 2013 orders..  But I had to file claims with Paypal and wait 14 days etc..  

I have a very bad taste in my mouth for anything ASIC after that experience..  

I used Paypal for my Knc order I placed in Mid June(Order #  25XX) and If dont see some pretty significant proof from Knc that they are on track and ok, my Paypal trigger finger will be itching and I have no idea what it will do..

I am gun shy now after BFL and have really NOTHING from Knc yet to make me NOT feel this way..

p.s.   I am Emailing Knc this Post..
All you ex bfl people act like wounded lovers cheated on by BFL--now you can't trust ANYONE ever again Tongue Avalon was my first love, they treated me well, but we broke up when they delayed batch3 too long. We're still friends.
I'm totally into KNC now Tongue

Tru Dat.    Grin  I feel like a Whore on a Navy ship full of men after BFL.....

LOL
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

lol

i dont wanna interrupt your party but bitcoin maybe the first cc but it wont be the end of innovation.

most likely in 20 years you wont use btc anymore cause it got outplayed by stronger better faster safer whatever currencies.

that being said until then there is still alot to earn with bitcoins.

I think that there's a fair chance that you are correct and that something else supercedes bitcoin, one day. However, that doesn't mean that 5, 10 or 20 years of bitcoin mining investment will go to waste. During the overlap, you will be able to purchase the replacement by exchanging bitcoin or fiat or whatever else you have invested in, just as you can choose to invest in litecoin or ppcoin or ripples if you feel that these will eventually overtake bitcoin.

Bitcoin may get replaced, but it won't be overnight and it's likely that the value of bitcoin will have risen significantly by the time that worthy competitors are truly nipping at their heels.
Not sure about the rest of you but I think Knc is going to have to release some pretty significant updates soon including Pic' of Chips, boards etc etc or a LOT of us are going to start getting itchy..

I come from the BFL disaster and I am one of the lucky ones that "JUST" this week got a refund for all my May 2013 orders..  But I had to file claims with Paypal and wait 14 days etc..  

I have a very bad taste in my mouth for anything ASIC after that experience..  

I used Paypal for my Knc order I placed in Mid June(Order #  25XX) and If dont see some pretty significant proof from Knc that they are on track and ok, my Paypal trigger finger will be itching and I have no idea what it will do..

I am gun shy now after BFL and have really NOTHING from Knc yet to make me NOT feel this way..

p.s.   I am Emailing Knc this Post..

please dont take your hate from BFL onto KNC just because they are nice and will listen... they already dealt with 100 pages on this thread and two open days..  if people won't go back and at least skim what has been said 500 times each I hope they do limit their responses..

they should cook up a huge FAQ though

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Cumcoins
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Crypto-ideologist

i changed my mind and decided to let you know that most likely our grandchildren wont use bitcoins. thats it. learn to accept realities.

they will use vaginacoins for sure Grin

Jump to: