Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2007. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Name and country + Social engineering + luck = possible burglary Smiley
Activity: 539
Merit: 517
PayPal = 45 days = no good news = cancel order...
Yes, cancel your order, lots of people will gain one place.

from kncminer website:
We would like to thank everyone for their patience over the last few weeks. We can now confirm that the lottery winners have been informed and we are awaiting their consent to publish their names and countries
I hope the winners don't give their consent and they pick other people.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
damn  Embarrassed

congrats to whoever won lottery
Activity: 574
1.21 GIGA WATTS
 Grin congrats to whoever won lottery... wasn't me  Cry
Where on the website does it say this? I don't see it on the news section.

Also no queue position update...

Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Where on the website does it say this? I don't see it on the news section.

Also no queue position update...

from kncminer website:

We would like to thank everyone for their patience over the last few weeks. We can now confirm that the lottery winners have been informed and we are awaiting their consent to publish their names and countries

No email :/
from kncminer website:

No email :/
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
from kncminer website:

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
I'm pretty sure that even 90 days late you won't need to ask for refunds, there will be enough people waiting in the line and you will happily sell your pre-order to them with a profit Wink

300 days late, that's another (3-letter) story...
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
only in the uk. german cc's are not as helpful there.
Activity: 532

I'm not sure I'm following.

When you ordered, you were more than 45 days from estimated delivery date.  Paypal 45 day window has been and will be useless to you.

KnC appears to be fully willing and capable of issuing a refund at any point before shipment.

And your credit card will protect you otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

I'm not sure I'm following.

When you ordered, you were more than 45 days from estimated delivery date.  Paypal 45 day window has been and will be useless to you.

KnC appears to be fully willing and capable of issuing a refund at any point before shipment.

BS pay by credit card you have upto 6 years consumer protection (in the UK) by law, they just assume the risk outside of Paypal's escrow (that's all Paypal are - an escrow for their mother company, eBay). Some banks may state third parties such as Paypal and Amazon invalidate that, so check with the bank that issues your card. I did with Barclays and they were cool.

You pay excessive interest fees for security with credit cards, the bank assumes liability and risk, besides which my bank makes up any losses by rigging interbank lending rates with government approval. That's far more profitable for them, even when they get caught...
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
dumb comment= useless post= wasted time.

no, seriously, stop that.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Almost all pre-orders were in USD via Paypal, there was practically no BTC to convert, and those that did choose to pay with BTC did so via Bitpay, which automatically changes it to USD. No one pummelled the Bitcoin market from KnC. That's more likely to be ASICminer, who control 1/4 of the network, relinquishing coins.

I agree about ASICminer but does BitPay auto-magically changes it to USD?  as in no selling on the exchanges?    It is an indirect slam on btc if someone sells a lot of orders via bitpay and then bitpay has to churn it

I doubt bitpay is churning it on the fly, they probably have a slush account and try to sell best they can..  so if anyone knows their schedule it would be some simple frontrunning to sell then buy back

follow the money/bits

All I know is they use a market rate which is a spread from across exchanges excluding Mt. Gox (as Mt.Gox charges more dollars per Bitcoin), that indicates Bitpay probably has a slush account I guess.

From their site;

"To calculate the exchange rate for US Dollars, we pull up-to-the-minute BID prices from three exchanges. We take the 2 that are closest together and toss out the third, so that a bad feed from one exchange will not affect our calculation. Of the 2 rates that remain, Bit-Pay uses the highest BID price as our exchange rate."

From their news I read last week;

bitpay.com / Thursday, June 20, 2013

"Update on BitPay Exchange Rate Calculations

Effective immediately, BitPay has temporarily stopped using Mt. Gox for determining the exchange rate for our invoices.

The rate calculation that BitPay uses for each invoice is now as follows:

1.  Pull the full Level II market depth, on the bid side, from multiple exchanges.

2.  Merge the market depths into one Consolidated Level II table.

3.  Calculate the blended clearing price for the amount of the invoice, assuming an auto-routing market sell order across all exchanges, with zero commission.

BitPay is committed to offering the fairest possible rate to the buyer, while minimizing our counterparty risk."
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Almost all pre-orders were in USD via Paypal, there was practically no BTC to convert, and those that did choose to pay with BTC did so via Bitpay, which automatically changes it to USD. No one pummelled the Bitcoin market from KnC. That's more likely to be ASICminer, who control 1/4 of the network, relinquishing coins.

I agree about ASICminer but does BitPay auto-magically changes it to USD?  as in no selling on the exchanges?    It is an indirect slam on btc if someone sells a lot of orders via bitpay and then bitpay has to churn it

I doubt bitpay is churning it on the fly, they probably have a slush account and try to sell best they can..  so if anyone knows their schedule it would be some simple frontrunning to sell then buy back

follow the money/bits
You've cumulatively dedicated two pages of this thread to a question you haven't even asked them, then are pissed you haven't got a response. Madness...
Don't they look into their own thread?
Rarely, they skim it, but they have openly said they have no interest in being involved with forum nonsense after observing the exploits surrounding competitors and trolls, and who can blame them. Titomane knows this first hand because we spoke about it at great length during the openday.
They've never ignored emails as far as I'm aware, unless they have something more important on, which is understandable, but there is absolutely no excuse to whinge about issues and lack of response when you haven't even taken it up directly with them. I mean sometimes it reads like watching insecure women (or guys with no confidence) complain about what their significant other, or love interest, is thinking about without sucking up the courage to ask them direct, it's exhausting and needless...
Thanks for all you've done and continue to do. I think you should do yourself, and your blood pressure, a favor by not being bothered by people who refuse to listen to what you are saying.
Mate I'm cool as a cucumber, potentially more so for going in person. I appreactiate doubt plays on the mind, but it blows out if proportion when other people chose to side with an opinion without reading for themselves.
I also want to hear the chip order has been made, obviously I do, Rampion et al. are not alone in those concerns. I just don't doubt it has, and we'll know for sure over the next few days. Peace...Cool
Sorry if I am just too ignorant but how could they have ordered chips if they have just completed the design and have not even been on a shuttle yet and just pummeled the bitcoin market selling all the pre-order btc to get enough fiat to even pay for the mask?   They do not have a mask yet and likely won't for months.   Does this seem like trolling to point this out?  

Final design and all virtual testing of design integrity was complete before the open-day. It was already in the hands of the two competing foundries. They were awaiting confirmation on which foundry was willing to offer what, and at what cost. In essence the foundries were pitching to them, a natural practice in any business environment, just with less time to act in this case...
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
You've cumulatively dedicated two pages of this thread to a question you haven't even asked them, then are pissed you haven't got a response. Madness...
Rarely, they skim it, but they have openly said they have no interest in being involved with forum nonsense after observing the exploits surrounding competitors and trolls, and who can blame them. Titomane knows this first hand because we spoke about it at great length during the openday.
They've never ignored emails as far as I'm aware, unless they have something more important on, which is understandable, but there is absolutely no excuse to whinge about issues and lack of response when you haven't even taken it up directly with them. I mean sometimes it reads like watching insecure women (or guys with no confidence) complain about what their significant other, or love interest, is thinking about without sucking up the courage to ask them direct, it's exhausting and needless...
Thanks for all you've done and continue to do. I think you should do yourself, and your blood pressure, a favor by not being bothered by people who refuse to listen to what you are saying.
Mate I'm cool as a cucumber, potentially more so for going in person. I appreactiate doubt plays on the mind, but it blows out if proportion when other people chose to side with an opinion without reading for themselves.
I also want to hear the chip order has been made, obviously I do, Rampion et al. are not alone in those concerns. I just don't doubt it has, and we'll know for sure over the next few days. Peace...Cool
Sorry if I am just too ignorant but how could they have ordered chips if they have just completed the design and have not even been on a shuttle yet and just pummeled the bitcoin market selling all the pre-order btc to get enough fiat to even pay for the mask?   They do not have a mask yet and likely won't for months.   Does this seem like trolling to point this out?   

Jump to: