Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2015. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 389
Merit: 250
ok. Let me rephrase:

I want an asteroid belt.

I mean raw chips of course. Not a gas giant planet with PSU, boards, software... Just chips, so we, in the bitcoin community, can get to work on making Jupiter clones. Just like Avalon is selling chips, and now BFL is also selling chips.

I asked about the sale of chips. They were strong. Never will
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
ok. Let me rephrase:

I want an asteroid belt.

I mean raw chips of course. Not a gas giant planet with PSU, boards, software... Just chips, so we, in the bitcoin community, can get to work on making Jupiter clones. Just like Avalon is selling chips, and now BFL is also selling chips.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Is KnC selling chips? Or just planets? I want to buy an asteroid. Jupiters are too big.

KnC doesn't really have customer support staff sufficient to cater to 'smaller' customers.  Based on the transcript from the show and tell I wouldn't expect them to start offering to that price range any time soon.  They are more likely scale up not down.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Is KnC selling chips? Or just planets? I want to buy an asteroid. Jupiters are too big.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
My wife patted me on the back... "nice decision on the ASIC company honey"

Does she have a sister?

Ha! Negative bro
legendary

Does she have a sister?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
Waking up and reading about KnC's decision to sponsor the new living on bitcoin documentary really made my day.  Not only is this a brilliant PR move for KnC, but for the wider bitcoin ecosystem in general.  If the documentary gains traction, this will be huge.

Hey KnC... tell us who's idea this was so I can buy them a couple of beers.

I agree. Brilliant!
legendary
Waking up and reading about KnC's decision to sponsor the new living on bitcoin documentary really made my day.  Not only is this a brilliant PR move for KnC, but for the wider bitcoin ecosystem in general.  If the documentary gains traction, this will be huge.

Hey KnC... tell us who's idea this was so I can buy them a couple of beers.
Activity: 462

I wondered about the PCB as support walls too... might want to makeshift some support beams or use a cereal box or something
It was quick and dirty numbers.. I dont want to touch BFL atm. Still waiting for equipment there..

Also have a Avalon Batch3 somewhere in the future..

I think BFL will deliver before KnC. Lets see what happens. w00p w00p

shame about the batch3 avalon..  i was going to grab that too if i had btc ready to fire but were gone so fast.. they must have issues over there they dont talk about
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
It was quick and dirty numbers.. I dont want to touch BFL atm. Still waiting for equipment there..

Also have a Avalon Batch3 somewhere in the future..

I think BFL will deliver before KnC. Lets see what happens. w00p w00p
so maybe ebay just fills up with BFL and ASICminer Erupters?

This is what I sort of imagine happening. If KnC products do prove to be the fastest / most efficient, I imagine there will be a number of us looking to offload 'weaker' equipment..at least for people who have a vested interest in mining and a lot of equipment already ordered.

I'd also be curious to see how BFL, Avalon, and ASICMiner adjust their strategies to compete with KnC.

With some quick calcs the BFL chips are in the same area when it comes to cost / hashing power.

are you talking about DIY?   
the mythical old mini rig was the same price per hash, but seems they changed that and everything else in having to raise prices

~4 GHs per chip. Cost per chip is ~0.6BTC = ~65$

You need ~88 BFL chips to get the same amount of hashing power as jupiter

88 BFL chips * 65$ = 5720$ + board + building = ~6500$

Very quick and dirty calcs Smiley

you can't really compare a DIY to a finished product... how about Avalons then too.  But any of those might end up being crap.  I have a few avalon DIY pending but  dont have high expectations

100 pages questioning kncminer but everyone so sure DIY work flawless!!
KNC seems cocky enough to deliver on time. If they do, there might be some chaos on ebay Smiley

Chaos sounds like an understatement.  Wouldn't be surprised if jupiters were going for 50k on ebay for the first few shipped.

This is what I sort of imagine happening. If KnC products do prove to be the fastest / most efficient, I imagine there will be a number of us looking to offload 'weaker' equipment..at least for people who have a vested interest in mining and a lot of equipment already ordered.

I'd also be curious to see how BFL, Avalon, and ASICMiner adjust their strategies to compete with KnC.

With some quick calcs the BFL chips are in the same area when it comes to cost / hashing power.

the mythical old mini rig was the same price per hash, but seems they changed that and everything else in having to raise prices

~4 GHs per chip. Cost per chip is ~0.6BTC = ~65$

You need ~88 BFL chips to get the same amount of hashing power as jupiter

88 BFL chips * 65$ = 5720$ + board + building = ~6500$

Very quick and dirty calcs Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Hmm..so maybe BFL would need to cut their margins a bit to compete more closely (or begin building a better chip)?

And as I think more about it, KnC already stated they're tailoring more towards the bigger spenders ..so BFL may do just fine by keeping with their Jalapenos and Minis to appease mining newbies and the "average joe".

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

KNC seems cocky enough to deliver on time. If they do, there might be some chaos on ebay Smiley
Jump to: