Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2018. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Thanks for all your hard work.
Shipping out "hundreds" of units per day seems very optimistic though.
Does that mean they ship out all of batch 1-500 the first day? Shocked

Not a clue buddy. Just I presume it means they will aim to ship as many as possible, and have access to the means to scale to such figures already sorted.

News from kncminer

Cloudhashing.com
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-will-provide-hw-to-cloudhashingcom-234388

Something like this was discussed, but that's not KnC. I do however work right round the corner from these guys, near Chancery Lane, so could easily check them out...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Not a clue buddy. Just I presume it means they will aim to ship as many as possible, and have access to the means to scale to such figures already sorted.

News from kncminer

Cloudhashing.com
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/kncminer-will-provide-hw-to-cloudhashingcom-234388

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

Does that mean they will ship out all of batch 1-500 the first day? Shocked

Been wanting to post to the thread for a couple of days but have been in Newbie Jail. LOL Did anyone get the maker of the SMPSU they were using on the big bad boy in the pictures posted??

I *think* it was Corsair off the top of my head. They won't ship with one due to peeps customs difficulties, but they will supply a recommend list with several options...
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Been wanting to post to the thread for a couple of days but have been in Newbie Jail. LOL Did anyone get the maker of the SMPSU they were using on the big bad boy in the pictures posted??
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Guys, come on, what has zercoin to do with KnCMiner?

There are many threads about it. This one is useless if it becomes an endless off-topic chat. For that we already have the Wall Observer thread in the speculation subforums.

just waiting for the memes...
legendary

There are many threads about it. This one becomes useless if it becomes an endless off-topic chat. For that we already have the Wall Observer thread in the speculation subforums.

yep you're right. sorry for sidetracking
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

There are many threads about it. This one is useless if it becomes an endless off-topic chat. For that we already have the Wall Observer thread in the speculation subforums.
legendary
Guys, has anyone thought of how Zerocoin is going to affect the value of BTC if it ever materializes? Just a thought, but I can see a lot of the BTC miners / users shifting gears towards Zerocoin for the added anonymity, especially if it continues to utilize SHA256. Moreover, it may be possible to use BTC mining equipment depending on how it is designed.

Any thoughts?

quoting zerocoin.org homepage

What is Zerocoin?
Zerocoin is a proposed extension to the Bitcoin payment network that adds anonymity to Bitcoin payments. Just as paper currency once gained its value from being redeemable for gold, zerocoins gain their value from being redeemable for bitcoins...

ant they continue:

Zerocoin operates in the Bitcoin network and is implemented as a series of extensions to the existing Bitcoin protocol.

so if I understand properly zerocoin is not an altcoin, right ?

legendary
Activity: 1498
Guys, has anyone thought of how Zerocoin is going to affect the value of BTC if it ever materializes? Just a thought, but I can see a lot of the BTC miners / users shifting gears towards Zerocoin for the added anonymity, especially if it continues to utilize SHA256. Moreover, it may be possible to use BTC mining equipment depending on how it is designed.

Any thoughts?
Did Zerocoin launched??
legendary
This is funny. There are many scams, but so far there is nothing to suggest KNC is a scam, infact, quite to the contrary.

Then you didn't read the complete bullshit in their very first post:
We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)
Hey fat ass - you shame martial artists.
Hide your katana and go to learn some real fighting techniques like Tobimina Balintawak.
Asshole...

Well argued, that man!
It seems that zedicus, Phinnaeus Gage & Kano stopped talking! Why?? Something happened girls??
legendary

Yep I do realize it and don't worry you didn't mislead me :-)

I just borrow your summary as a starting point in such a way that all interested people could contribute to achieve a more accurate estimates of total hashrate and hence getting a more precise difficulty estimate. just simple as that.

Regarding your offer, as you could understand, I'm more interested in a service that provide hashrate estimates. If you plan to offer such a product lets talk about it Tongue

I understand. I simply don't have time to keep track of all the sources of new hashes at the moment. I like your idea of a centralised 'up-to-date list of "future" Thps'. If everyone contributed what they knew, a reasonably accurate consensus might emerge.

glad that you like it.

I hope to find some time to implement this idea. In the meantime if you want to do it.. please be my guest Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
This is funny. There are many scams, but so far there is nothing to suggest KNC is a scam, infact, quite to the contrary.

We will in the upcoming weeks opening our order book to allow the purchase of our first set of ASIC miners. They are in the early stages of development now and will be ready in the summer of 2013 (yes in just a few months)
Hide your katana and go to learn some real fighting techniques like Tobimina Balintawak.
Asshole...

Well argued, that man!

Edit for clarity: Roll Eyes
legendary

Asshole...
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.

Yep I do realize it and don't worry you didn't mislead me :-)

I just borrow your summary as a starting point in such a way that all interested people could contribute to achieve a more accurate estimates of total hashrate and hence getting a more precise difficulty estimate. just simple as that.

Regarding your offer, as you could understand, I'm more interested in a service that provide hashrate estimates. If you plan to offer such a product lets talk about it Tongue

I understand. I simply don't have time to keep track of all the sources of new hashes at the moment. I like your idea of a centralised 'up-to-date list of "future" Thps'. If everyone contributed what they knew, a reasonably accurate consensus might emerge.

as a side note I really do like the bitcoin mining pool and network analysis you share in your blog. extremely useful.

Thanks! Glad you like it.
legendary

edit: just noticed that this calulation assumed to have the jupiter start mining june 5th 2013

those 13464.36166 are the USD you'd get mining from November the 17th 2013 to July 17th 2014 in case of a 15% constant difficulty growth rate and exchange ratio of 1 BTC for 120 USD.

Activity: 330
Merit: 252
NEIN, ICH BIN DER BITCOIN!
payout   13464.36166 btc until end of 2014 for ONE jupiter at an average 15% difficulty increase every 11 days ?

Payout   1671.2433 btc until end of 2014 for ONE jupiter at an average 25% difficulty increase every 11 days ?

and the bitcoin value will...

let´s say 10-fold by that date...

edit: just noticed that this calulation assumed to have the jupiter start mining june 5th 2013

+1
legendary
Activity: 1904
my 'educated' guess is 1,000,000 Gh/sec at the end of September - see:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2456837
What do you think ? Critics welcome.

Please keep this thread on topic. There are other threads to discuss difficulty predictions!
Jump to: