Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2010. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Is anyone else going nuts waiting for the results of the lottery?

The lottery is a sideshow.  We will all win the lottery if KNCminer ships on time. If nothing ships promptly the lottery means nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
i hope they didn't use the ordernumbers, we have a proverb for this, the devil always shits on the biggest pile
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I was hoping, but no Email from them yet. I suspect no lucky "Golden Ticket" for me.  Hopefully someone deserving gets the win!   Grin
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

http://mytunstall.co.uk/files/forumimages/e-lottery-golden-ticket.jpg

Lol it was doing my head in as well. But sometimes you just have to go with it. "Let the chips fall where they may"
legendary
Activity: 994

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I had a preorder....then I was required away in Germany for a couple weeks with no choice...and during that time I was waiting to hear from them about payment...nothing came in terms of an invoice or any email at all....and when I got back the entire pre-order fiasco was over. 

I know, fuck me right? So know I wait at the end of the line, well a 25xx order number that they say will be shipped October.

I asked them to do something but I'm sure they are hearing a lot of sob stories...so why is mine so believable? (Because it's true.)

I wish they could do something for me...but I will still be happy if I have it by October.
(I think these guys have the most exciting products on the market right now and I still committed with my pocketbook regardless of my lost position.)

Activity: 532
Current orders are expected to ship in October...and somehow my preorder got lost and they can't restore it. Sad

I can say they are very responsive to emails though!

There are no more "preorders." Pre-orders had to be paid by 6/10/13. Now there are just orders with payments due at time of order.

Isn't that like saying "six of one or half dozen of the other"?

He means the first 500 debacle, I think...
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
Current orders are expected to ship in October...and somehow my preorder got lost and they can't restore it. Sad

There are no more "preorders." Pre-orders had to be paid by 6/10/13. Now there are just orders with payments due at time of order.

Isn't that like saying "six of one or half dozen of the other"?
Activity: 656
So when are we expecting the first ASICs from KNC to ship ?
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I think it is a big, big mistake to:

use a big die
OR
use a big package
OR
use a multi-die package

How do I/we talk some sense into them?!??
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
What you mean you had pay the order and lost it?
Activity: 588

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I personally don't think KnC is done surprising us.  They have exceeded expectations in regards to Hash power / $ and I believe they will exceed expectations in Hash power / Kwh as well.  Sam's comments about not buying a PSU yet just prove it.

Loving KnC so far.

I love how some of you can be so optimistic, I just hope all this enthusiasm doesn't cloud your judgment when taking financial decisions.

But in my book no expectations are met whatsoever until the units are hashing.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Where did the info on the units' sizes come from -- do we have a solid idea on what they will be?

Looks like on KnC's site, they list Jupiter at 160 x 160 x 200 (I'm assuming cm), and 4kg weight. For those of us who are metrically-challenged Wink that converts to roughly 5ft x 5ft x 6.5ft, and just under 9 lbs.

And that's just one unit...! I'm hoping that they've managed to scale it down a bit, but I've opted at this point to use their hosting plan (whenever they have more info).

I think the size is probably mm so 16cm X 16cm X 20cm  Grin

Correct, but that's small, I will be surprised if they are not bigger
Activity: 252
I personally don't think KnC is done surprising us.  They have exceeded expectations in regards to Hash power / $ and I believe they will exceed expectations in Hash power / Kwh as well.  Sam's comments about not buying a PSU yet just prove it.

Loving KnC so far.
Would be hilariously awesome if they also shipped in August ^_^ Underpromise, overdeliver.
Where did the info on the units' sizes come from -- do we have a solid idea on what they will be?
Seriously, the site says 60x60x120, that better not be centimeters! I wanna get one into a datacenter <_<
Activity: 462

The OP is correct - it doesn't matter if the 1000w are going through an electric space heater or an ASIC or a standard server - the output of heat in BTU is the same. We don't know exactly how much power it will draw and in fact KnC has told us all to not go out and buy PSUs until they finish the spec. Once we know the draw, we'll know how many BTU the output will be.

hmmm ....  contemplating how to heat swimming pool with miners during spring-fall and the house during winter ....

I'm 40th. But do not look every day there are systems to avoid doing so.  Grin Grin Grin
Like what? Help a brotha' out Smiley
You have to remember you haven't seen the final form Saturn/Jupiter will take. Those accepting delivery, may be a different form factor to those being housed, which will take more of a rack mounted server case form factor...
That would be fantastic.
Jump to: