Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2011. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I personally don't think KnC is done surprising us.  They have exceeded expectations in regards to Hash power / $ and I believe they will exceed expectations in Hash power / Kwh as well.  Sam's comments about not buying a PSU yet just prove it.

Loving KnC so far.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
So... On another topic you want to know why I am so sold on the Jupiter? Heat. Short of gpu mining there is nothing that even comes close to that sort of power consumption in a single unit.

1 kw of electricity is about 3400 btu. Doesn't matter if that 1000w is going through an ASIC or baseboard heater or whatever.

I hate chainsaws, but have told my parents they would never have to pay for heat, so this year I am going to upgrade their electrical system, then use my Jupiter + 2000 watts of other mining hardware to heat their house.

They will have to open windows when they are too warm, they will love it.

Then when the units get unprofitable, by next winter or whatever, if it isn't free heat they are producing, it will certainly be cheap heat, and ideally I could fit them with a thermostat.

Perhaps this is the wrong place to talk about this.

Owa, I know gpu farms get hot, but I think it will be difficult to heat a house with ASICs!!

As Sam said these things need to be operable 24/7 in locations like Dubai. Central heating usage in summer is not what they're famed for in Saudi Arabia!!

I mean at best I imagine a mildly warm box, not a replacement electric heater...

The OP is correct - it doesn't matter if the 1000w are going through an electric space heater or an ASIC or a standard server - the output of heat in BTU is the same. We don't know exactly how much power it will draw and in fact KnC has told us all to not go out and buy PSUs until they finish the spec. Once we know the draw, we'll know how many BTU the output will be.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Where did the info on the units' sizes come from -- do we have a solid idea on what they will be?

Looks like on KnC's site, they list Jupiter at 160 x 160 x 200 (I'm assuming cm), and 4kg weight. For those of us who are metrically-challenged Wink that converts to roughly 5ft x 5ft x 6.5ft, and just under 9 lbs.

And that's just one unit...! I'm hoping that they've managed to scale it down a bit, but I've opted at this point to use their hosting plan (whenever they have more info).

Usually sizes are in mm, not cm!

I agree mm, but poor practice not to label the units...

Indeed, but I think we can all agree that in a project, especially one that is a race so to speak, specifications such as dimensions are hardly set in stone, and subject to change...so I don't think that sketch is anything but a crude interpretation.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Where did the info on the units' sizes come from -- do we have a solid idea on what they will be?

Looks like on KnC's site, they list Jupiter at 160 x 160 x 200 (I'm assuming cm), and 4kg weight. For those of us who are metrically-challenged Wink that converts to roughly 5ft x 5ft x 6.5ft, and just under 9 lbs.

And that's just one unit...! I'm hoping that they've managed to scale it down a bit, but I've opted at this point to use their hosting plan (whenever they have more info).

I agree mm, but poor practice not to label the units...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

I think the size is probably mm so 16cm X 16cm X 20cm  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Time is everything any knc chips?

Scientists/Engineers usually measure in mm, and m, and this sure as hell ain't metres!

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Dear all, i read everywhere about a potential kncminer bitfunder IPO but I haven't seen proof. Am I chasing unicorns or do concrete detail exist somewhere and if so, where may I find them?
Activity: 574
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
Strange how half of his posts are deleted.....
Activity: 588

Sorry, you're assuming I'm their PR?! Now I know you haven't read this thread.

No I don't really think you are PR for KNC, they would have fired you long ago.
I meant that this whole bitcointalk thing is the worst pr ever for KNC to rely on.

I kind of get the impression you are trying to sabotage KNC, I know you have certainly helped to sway me away from KNC, and bitcointalk in general.

...said the 6 post guy that obv didn't read the whole story.

"Neext!" Grin
Actually we should be questioning why you hate chainsaws...they are one of the top 5 all time contributions of man along with bacon, scotch, shotguns and stripper polls

Everything you say is suspect from this point forward

Hey! There's no room for Bitcoin in your top 5!!

Bitcoinorama:
What do you know about this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.2520

Thanks

Huh What should I know about it? I don't know anything about it. Are you talking about receiving an email? You just signed upto receive them, didn't you?

copy the wrong link. I meant the question about ordering chips and expected delivery date. Have you received a response?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2508344

Thanks

Only that next week this will be answered, there's a progress report next week. This was mentioned in the thread about PSU choice.

If your saying you read through this thread, you would know the answers.

2 man tent? Pfff...

Worst PR ever.

Sorry, you're assuming I'm their PR?! Now I know you haven't read this thread.
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
Actually we should be questioning why you hate chainsaws...they are one of the top 5 all time contributions of man along with bacon, scotch, shotguns and stripper polls

Bitcoinorama:

Thanks

Huh What should I know about it? I don't know anything about it. Are you talking about receiving an email? You just signed upto receive them, didn't you?

copy the wrong link. I meant the question about ordering chips and expected delivery date. Have you received a response?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2508344

Thanks
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

2 man tent? Pfff...

Worst PR ever.
So, to get back on topic, I do actually want to discuss kncminer, not only with the interest of buying more, but I want them to succeed, so I feel there are some things to talk about.

Looking through 129 pages of information to find out the actual product specs doesn't seem right.

According to the website, a Jupiter will:

- Be about as big as a two man tent, and weigh about the same amount too.
- start off at 350GH/s but then (and you can't deny this implication, wether typo or not, it is still on the website) you get an extra 30% on top of that. Say what you want, that is how I understand what is worded there.
- water cooled

I don't even care if it is water cooled or not, but why does it say it is if through reading through these 129 pages, I find out differently? How long would it take to make it right, compared to the disappointment that could be caused by changing things first, but even more so, chainging things and making hard to find out about?

Yes you are saying you should do you're due diligence and all this, but if they want to sell units, shouldn't professionalism be seen on all fronts?

Please take my comments as constructive criticism rather than an attack, or consider me I'll informed and educate me.

2 man tent? Pfff...
Activity: 752
By the time sept 5th rolls around, new orders will probably be pushed past February.

Bitcoinorama:

Thanks

Jump to: