Pages:
Author

Topic: Syscoin vs Bitbay - page 11. (Read 13083 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
May 11, 2016, 07:23:30 PM
Syscoin's decentralized marketplace is already in production

Its open source

Its blockchain based and not P2P (ever try to use torrents on a cellphone? Ouch)

Escrow does not require parties to double deposit(think real world here, would a store and customer ever accept to double deposit?).

Since Sys is already fully functioning, we have honestly stopped comparing ourselves to roadmap projects and instead are concentrating on the only "competition" out there: OpenBazaar

Good luck though, we respect all efforts towards decentralization.

What? I mean syscoin is great but surely Bitbay is better?  or am I wrong?

Is being blockchain based actually workable with this kind of thing? I mean if syscoin got any real user base would it not just start consuming enormous resources/space? how big will the block chain end up being?

I am a fan of bitbay but I have some sys too. From what I can tell Bitbay seems a way better way of doing things. However, I would love to see a full on comparison between the two with technical analysis that layman can understand.

Seems sys could never scale to any real world usage? or could it?

Isn't sys just a copy of what bitbay first set out to be?

I don't really think this thread is the best way to highlight these projects but still if a comparison must be made I would like to hear the facts from a tech pov not from just investors.  I'm merely and investor in both (more in bitbay ) but when last I was asking for some comparisons between them I got the notion bitbay was clearly built for scaling better for real world usage.

Syscoin tbh seemed to me to be a bit of a bitbay copycat coin that didn't think it out quite so well (this could be proven to be incorrect let's wait and see). However, congratulations for how quickly it was coded out.

Wait for the new features coming. David is a great person and being closed source means nothing because I know he is honest.. although he should open it up ASAP instead of sending around exe's etc.. I think its a good initiate and we are on different paths in terms of marketplaces... we are focused more on e-commerce and retailers although both platforms can handle it... right now the breadth of the problem is too big to solve for either one unless you focus on one task at a time. Syscoin is not a copy cat of any coin it was started out with the Namecoin style coloured coin transactions and grew from there. We have unit tests for our services which put it above any competition who claim to try to achieve a production ready platform for average users to use. We can't really compare bitbay to sys yet because bitbay isn't released... once its out and I see some unit tests I will get a sense of the quality (i have no doubt in David's capabilities) but i'm sure many people are still waiting for that. Also with the tests I will know exactly what is and isn't possible on bay that is on Sys and vice versa... still too early to tell. OpenBazaar is a valid comparison with Syscoin currently and nothing else as reflected by current marketcap.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
May 11, 2016, 01:54:07 PM

Its open source

Its blockchain based and not P2P (ever try to use torrents on a cellphone? Ouch)

Escrow does not require parties to double deposit(think real world here, would a store and customer ever accept to double deposit?).

Since Sys is already fully functioning, we have honestly stopped comparing ourselves to roadmap projects and instead are concentrating on the only "competition" out there: OpenBazaar

What? I mean syscoin is great but surely Bitbay is better?  or am I wrong?

Is being blockchain based actually workable with this kind of thing? I mean if syscoin got any real user base would it not just start consuming enormous resources/space? how big will the block chain end up being?

I am a fan of bitbay but I have some sys too. From what I can tell Bitbay seems a way better way of doing things. However, I would love to see a full on comparison between the two with technical analysis that layman can understand.

Seems sys could never scale to any real world usage? or could it?

Isn't sys just a copy of what bitbay first set out to be?

I don't really think this thread is the best way to highlight these projects but still if a comparison must be made I would like to hear the facts from a tech pov not from just investors.  I'm merely and investor in both (more in bitbay ) but when last I was asking for some comparisons between them I got the notion bitbay was clearly built for scaling better for real world usage.

Syscoin tbh seemed to me to be a bit of a bitbay copycat coin that didn't think it out quite so well (this could be proven to be incorrect let's wait and see). However, congratulations for how quickly it was coded out.

Activity: 654
Merit: 252
PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin
May 11, 2016, 12:57:29 PM

Its open source

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
May 11, 2016, 08:54:45 AM
So in essence the whole purpose for this thread is to pump Bitbay.....nice  Grin
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
May 11, 2016, 08:02:37 AM
Who knows...
Maybe in the future, BitBay will be able to create the first Double Deposit Escrow backed mutual fund!

May 09, 2016, 08:19:47 PM
And don't forget that once BitBay is pegged, Bitcoin investors hedging their profits by converting to BitBay will cause the volume to skyrocket!
What better way is there to do that now? Nubits has issues. Coinbase seems to love to let you know that big brother is tracking your crypto to fiat exchanges .
With BitBay there will no longer  be a need to worry about government tax agencies trying to track your cash out profits from any cryptocurrency even if you are just trying to protect your investment profits and not spend them.
May 09, 2016, 08:00:56 PM
Here is to the future of BitBay!
Buddy just accepted my contract to counter my bet that the EUR/USD will go up in value by 1% before Friday close of fiat market. As far as I know this is the first such transaction/contract of this kind for crypto!
No middle man needed. No escrow agent. No brokerage cut. And 100% guarantee that stop loss and take profits will be fulfilled.

This is just the beginning! Wait till this evolves with automated trading bots and python smart contracts!
Finally, a way where the small fish get the best rates and not just the massive institutions.
It's time you take your markets back people! No regulation because none is needed with DDE!

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
May 08, 2016, 02:11:26 PM
Syscoin is greater than Bitbay for sure!

You can get some Syscoin at https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sys

That is not true at all. Tell me why you think that.
They seek to do similar things but Bitbay looks like a better way of accomplishing it.

Both coins are way way better than your average shit coin but bitbay I heard was a better way of doing things than syscoin.

From an investment POV you would be probably mad to by syscoin at this point over bitbay.

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
May 08, 2016, 01:34:35 PM
Syscoin is greater than Bitbay for sure!

You can get some Syscoin at https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sys
Activity: 661
Merit: 504
May 08, 2016, 09:47:03 AM
How can i invest in bitbay?

Bay is traded on Bittrex, Bter, and C-cex. You can also buy directly in BitBay's own market. The biggest volume is usually on Bittrex
Activity: 994
May 08, 2016, 03:03:50 AM
trex may have played a role but one has been pumped and the other has not... yet
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
May 07, 2016, 08:27:56 PM
How can i invest in bitbay?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 07, 2016, 06:42:18 PM
BAY is closed source.

I'll feel a lot better when that gets remedied (he says he plans to in the future).
Activity: 661
Merit: 504
May 06, 2016, 09:35:17 PM
No disrespect for syscoins marketing team (they are doing a great job), but this is just the way it is in crypto. Sys and Bay have tended to be around the same price. A few months ago sys had half the marketcap that Bay has now, and then they had their pump. The pump in Bay has not started yet, so if you already have bought you can sit back and enjoy  Wink
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
May 01, 2016, 10:03:22 AM
I'm rather new to the altcoin scene and after a few days of looking at which coins to invest in i decided on ones that are working on decentralized marketplaces as I feel that's where there could be a  future for altcoins. I found and invested in Syscoin and Bitbay and both seen to be at the same stages of development but the difference in marketcap is huge? Bitbay is something like 12% of Syscoins price! Is the only difference here marketing? or that Syscoin is on Poloniex and Bitbay isn't?
Pages:
Jump to: