Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 56. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org

good points, but we need to weigh it comparing to the other hand. selling a lot of unlocked tokens at half the market price is not good for anyone. no?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi Ohad,

New poster here, though I have been a follower of the project and an Agoras token holder for several months.

I want to clarify the discount factors that will apply to bulk 'tentative' token sales, and ask you to reconsider the final price.

In your post in this forum on June 29 about solving the crisis, you made it clear that any purchases at the tentative address may be refunded if the tentative tokens sold out. But you did not make it clear that you might increase the price. Indeed you mentioned in previous posts that bulk purchase at the prices shown on the Google spreadsheet would be available until the end of June.

It appears that the tokens reserved for 'tentative' purchases did not sell out. So I think that you should honor the June price of 37.6c for any purchases who sent tokens to the tentative purchase address before July 1 at midnight.

Now, maybe we have no right to complain or make demands. We are being sold tokens for below market price, so that's great!

However, those of us who believed in this project enough to purchase early deserve the full benefit of that. It's unfair that those of us who bought tokens in late June instead of early June are subject to an arbitrary price increase.

Refunding purchases to honor your commitment limiting the tokens sold is fair. Raising prices beyond what you previously offered in June is not.

I sent a lot of bitcoin to that purchase address based on my trust in you, and observing that you had always kept your commitments in the past. I think not honoring the prices offered for June is a bit of a disappointment to the community.

So I'd ask that you reconsider your decision from earlier today, and honor the prices in the below spreadsheet for all tentative purchases made in June.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EjW1s66T75vnWh7WSzuP0vxcx1vdwlqCm2JOmlVlPOg/edit#gid=0

Activity: 27

So i have bought agora years ago... or at least a year, and i have them on cold storage. On an offline bitcoin address.
So are my coins locked or unlocked? And what does it mean?
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx

locked means that i hold them for you. if they're in your wallet, that's what unlocked means.
however that's aside the bonus for addresses who didn't move the tokens, to be delivered when the final coins are ready

Dear Ohad, i have....some...in TREX, which i didn't move, but i didn't know about the bonus, how about it ? Cheesy

you can move them now into your own wallet and not move them, and you'll get a bonus too when time comes

How about buying back tokens instead of giving us a bonus token. Bonus token will only cause dilution in value. Which is something NO ONE WANTS.

If you commit to buying back some coins instead of the bonus, I will buy another 10k. As I see true value in you buying shares, I see absolutely zero value in my position size getting bigger and it becoming worth less.

I believe in you and your tech. I'm fine with you raising money, I don't want to be down rounded or diluted. I'm willing to pay more because the product is becoming worth more.

Also I don't want everyone to get a bonus amount of tokens and start dumping them.

So would you be willing to buy back some of your tokens in the future?  It will help us all realize that there is true value here. Even the people who quit believing in you will have their minds changed.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
wow!!! This is like the most valuable concept idea I ever seen! At first I just invested and lost a bit of money, but then I keep reading about this idea, its amazing!  If this is successful, it will revolutionize everything!  This is like a database of all codes, if this is complete it will be automated process to check if code is correct, no need to hire extra programmers.  This will revolutionize many industries, this idea is just too good to be true! I have invested and holding, hope this is a very successful long term project!  I can't even imagine the price when the project is complete, this could be in $4-5 billion marketcap position!

I'm glad you like it, I think this is the old tau though, and only a small part of the old tau
The new tau will do everything the old tau did and much more Smiley

wow can't wait for this!!
So i have bought agora years ago... or at least a year, and i have them on cold storage. On an offline bitcoin address.
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx

locked means that i hold them for you. if they're in your wallet, that's what unlocked means.
however that's aside the bonus for addresses who didn't move the tokens, to be delivered when the final coins are ready

Dear Ohad, i have....some...in TREX, which i didn't move, but i didn't know about the bonus, how about it ? Cheesy

you can move them now into your own wallet and not move them, and you'll get a bonus too when time comes
Activity: 261
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1498

Refund requested (too risky for me to risk that much BTC at over 2x the price i expected). I appreciate the update and admit this is a little disappointing for me. But, it is a reasonable decision by Ohad.

Edit:

Confirming I received a prompt refund from Ohad.
Activity: 27
Ohad where do you stand on buying some tokens back in the future?

It will give us investors a sign that you believe the current value is low if you're willing to buy some back. Which alone will be a huge catalyst for us to buy more.

Activity: 90
wow!!! This is like the most valuable concept idea I ever seen! At first I just invested and lost a bit of money, but then I keep reading about this idea, its amazing!  If this is successful, it will revolutionize everything!  This is like a database of all codes, if this is complete it will be automated process to check if code is correct, no need to hire extra programmers.  This will revolutionize many industries, this idea is just too good to be true! I have invested and holding, hope this is a very successful long term project!  I can't even imagine the price when the project is complete, this could be in $4-5 billion marketcap position!

I'm glad you like it, I think this is the old tau though, and only a small part of the old tau
The new tau will do everything the old tau did and much more Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

With all due respect, it has been over three years... why is this still in phase 1?

it is in a much more advanced phase. but it does seem like phase 1 that's correct. people who work with me know that there's so much beyond what is published. and indeed the current work is on publishing it.

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..

+1 on this!!! Please answer this Ohad.

wait a minute... what happend if i have my coins in bittrex?? is going to be locked???

No man. Your coins in bittrex are not locked.
Activity: 14
wait a minute... what happend if i have my coins in bittrex?? is going to be locked???
Activity: 17

With all due respect, it has been over three years... why is this still in phase 1?

it is in a much more advanced phase. but it does seem like phase 1 that's correct. people who work with me know that there's so much beyond what is published. and indeed the current work is on publishing it.

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..
AEA
Activity: 36
So.... wheres the update that was supposed to happen...

in 38 mins

Looking forward to hearing from you but most updates should be told on your WEBSITE, not here.

In its current state, this project is for long term investors and traders. If you are neither, I don't think this is the right place for you right now. You should be looking for projects that you want to work with and things that make you happy. You're clearly not happy so, in my view you should find a project that you truly believe in.

I've found a few I believe in a lot actually. I'm already invested in them. I'm going to see his next update and make my decision from there if this project is worth getting into again. But how much longer are you willing to hold? Another 3 years? What if the project still isn't done then...

Honestly, I think if something is great, who cares how long it takes? It depends on your ability to be patient, and with startups you must trust the owner, as that's all you have. Everyone's appetite is different. Do what you feel really comfortable with never discussing again. Because for you, this is speculative and with speculative bets you must able to say "hey ho, that was fun, what's next" if you can't say that you've likely put in too much or you weren't really for the investment in the first place.

His initial thoughts on the project were incorrect. He came out and said he was wrong. He then started again on an improved version with more understanding. Some people would say he's stringing investors along - which is fair, others would give credit to the honesty of the managing partner.

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

in 38 mins

Looking forward to hearing from you but most updates should be told on your WEBSITE, not here.

In its current state, this project is for long term investors and traders. If you are neither, I don't think this is the right place for you right now. You should be looking for projects that you want to work with and things that make you happy. You're clearly not happy so, in my view you should find a project that you truly believe in.

I've found a few I believe in a lot actually. I'm already invested in them. I'm going to see his next update and make my decision from there if this project is worth getting into again. But how much longer are you willing to hold? Another 3 years? What if the project still isn't done then...

Honestly, I think if something is great, who cares how long it takes? It depends on your ability to be patient, and with startups you must trust the owner, as that's all you have. Everyone's appetite is different. Do what you feel really comfortable with never discussing again. Because for you, this is speculative and with speculative bets you must able to say "hey ho, that was fun, what's next" if you can't say that you've likely put in too much or you weren't really for the investment in the first place.

Activity: 276
Merit: 250
And do i need to do something for the 15% Ohad? Im sorry i havent been here for a while... did i miss something? I thought i will get the 15% automatically hence the txid is from way back from 2015-2016.  Thanx
AEA
AEA

in 38 mins

You must be a very patient man because three years with nothing to show is too long for me.

Thank you brother, i'll take that as a compliment Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: