Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 55. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 464
Merit: 29
So he should have burned all the extra coins by now, where is the update and why isnt my coin worth 3 dollars?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Please stop hating on the dev. He's trying to get shit done. Calm down there's been so much going on in 24 hours ppl need to calm the f down

I'm sorry but I think the fact that we haven't gotten an updated white paper is really bad. It looks really bad on his part too. He can easily get more funding if he takes those steps I listed and get his project done way faster. And how long does it take to plan out what you're going to do?

He can release an updated white paper within a day or two because it seems like he has an idea of what he is doing.

Saying stuff like "I'm hoping for a release in 2017" instills ZERO confidence in coin holders. FFS it's been THREE years, that's the main point I am getting at. You can make tons of progress in three years if you play your cards right. All he has been doing is working on the development of his project, but if he really believes it to be good, he should have set funds on the side to promote his project, work on the website, work on hiring someone for communication, hire people to help him get his project done faster.

These are all very important steps which he has not done. I'm sure Ohad is an honest guy and wants the product to speak for itself, but he has to realize that even if his product works, if no one knows about it, then it won't go anywhere.

His idea sounds wayyyyy better than most other ICOs I have seen, but why do those other ICOs raise so much more money than he does? Why do those ICOs get their work done in a timely manner? It's called organization and communication.

OHAD wants his work to the talking for him. At least that what I believe.
Intelligent Decentralized Networks Initiatives (IDNI)
Welcome
Tau-Chain
Agoras
Blog
Pre-sale
Contact
Blog‎ > ‎
Short Presale Snapshot Update
posted Dec 4, 2015, 5:09 PM by Ohad Asor   [ updated Apr 23, 2016, 5:21 PM ]
From a total of 42,000,000 total tokens, about 3,000,000 were sold up till now (5 Dec 2015), beginning slightly more than a year ago.
The price per token is currently 17 cents per token.
The tokens are only temporary: Once Agoras system is up, they will be replaced with the actual Agoras coins.
“Premine” for long-term development and 3rd party partners is 3%.
All unsold coins up to Agoras' genesis will be destroyed. For example, if you hold 1% out of 42M coins, and only 21M are sold, then with the actual Agoras coins you will hold a fraction of 2% out of all coins.

He was saying he gonna do the same thing and burn all the coins in April 2016.
So is the 3 year long pre-sale  over?
So which site do i go to sell this PooCoin for 3 dollars as promised?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

good points, but we need to weigh it comparing to the other hand. selling a lot of unlocked tokens at half the market price is not good for anyone. no?

Ohad, agree we need to weigh it against the consequence of releasing a lot of unlocked tokens -- which will probably result in the market price falling.

But this will happen regardless of the price for which tokens are sold. The affect of the new unlocked tokens on market price is a function of the number of tokens released, NOT the price.

Selling the tokens for below market price benefits the purchasers (and conversely, hurts the seller). But once sold, the original price is a sunk costs as economists say, and all that matters is the *number* of tokens released to the market.

Now I admit there will probably be a small psychological effect, where people who buy well below market price might be encouraged to take a profit now instead of waiting. But this should be a small effect compared to the affect of simply increasing supply.

For that reason, I think it makes sense to offer an especially large discount for buying locked tokens (but of course, at some point those have to be unlocked, and they will affect the market).

But I still think that it's bets for everyone if you sell the limited number of tokens you are going to sell at the June prices.

BTW, you also didn't clarify whether the discount rates for bulk purchases would apply. I think that to be fair, they should.

Activity: 17
Please stop hating on the dev. He's trying to get shit done. Calm down there's been so much going on in 24 hours ppl need to calm the f down

I'm sorry but I think the fact that we haven't gotten an updated white paper is really bad. It looks really bad on his part too. He can easily get more funding if he takes those steps I listed and get his project done way faster. And how long does it take to plan out what you're going to do?

He can release an updated white paper within a day or two because it seems like he has an idea of what he is doing.

Saying stuff like "I'm hoping for a release in 2017" instills ZERO confidence in coin holders. FFS it's been THREE years, that's the main point I am getting at. You can make tons of progress in three years if you play your cards right. All he has been doing is working on the development of his project, but if he really believes it to be good, he should have set funds on the side to promote his project, work on the website, work on hiring someone for communication, hire people to help him get his project done faster.

These are all very important steps which he has not done. I'm sure Ohad is an honest guy and wants the product to speak for itself, but he has to realize that even if his product works, if no one knows about it, then it won't go anywhere.

His idea sounds wayyyyy better than most other ICOs I have seen, but why do those other ICOs raise so much more money than he does? Why do those ICOs get their work done in a timely manner? It's called organization and communication.
this guy gets it, 100% right.
Activity: 77
eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!

Activity: 33
Activity: 84
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
Activity: 7

there are no estimated dates. i can only state that i hope the paper and the alpha to be ready in 2017. but that's not an estimate, that's merely a hope.

I can't believe this! This is like talking to a child! Ohad people invested money into this! We deserve more from you! At least try and work on your PR skills or send us someone we can talk to!

Activity: 27

The reason is simple, it's that he believes that this is undervalued. If he doesn't believe it's undervalued than is it worth holding?

I'm just asking about in the future would he be willing to buy some back. Of any size. If he is willing to commit to doing that in the future that is a HUGE catalyst for us all.

It doesn't really matter if Ohad thinks the project is undervalued, but rather the investors and the comunnity think so.
I suggest you read rhe entire thread to see Ohad's commitment and thoughts about the project.

There are risks in any project or investments, so I can't understand why he shall act to reduce this natural risk. Buy if you think the price is reasonable, or sale otherwise.  

US tax laws keep me from selling. They are reported first in first out. My first large amount was bought well above the current price. If I sell now I won't be able to write off the loss from that because of profit from my buying the dip habits. Which is FIFO.

If I can get a solid commitment I will not be selling just because I'm profitable.

I'm not asking for a time line or date. I am simply asking that instead of a bonus token gift, would he do a buy back of any size.

Bonus tokens will make the value of EVERYONES holdings go down. There will be a much larger supply of coins unleashed, and no one should accept dilution, or want dilution!

I'm not sure if you just don't understand the concept of why what I'm proposing will do more for us.
Activity: 77
eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org

good points, but we need to weigh it comparing to the other hand. selling a lot of unlocked tokens at half the market price is not good for anyone. no?

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..

there are no estimated dates. i can only state that i hope the paper and the alpha to be ready in 2017. but that's not an estimate, that's merely a hope.
Activity: 9

The reason is simple, it's that he believes that this is undervalued. If he doesn't believe it's undervalued than is it worth holding?

I'm just asking about in the future would he be willing to buy some back. Of any size. If he is willing to commit to doing that in the future that is a HUGE catalyst for us all.

It doesn't really matter if Ohad thinks the project is undervalued, but rather the investors and the comunnity think so.
I suggest you read rhe entire thread to see Ohad's commitment and thoughts about the project.

There are risks in any project or investments, so I can't understand why he shall act to reduce this natural risk. Buy if you think the price is reasonable, or sale otherwise.  
Activity: 17

ohad, I have heard you will finally publish the white paper this month, July 2017. Can you confirm, is this true? We will finally see the white paper in coming weeks? If not what is the next milestone for supporters to look forward to? Please provide some dates, at least for white paper, approximately..
Activity: 27
How about buying back tokens instead of giving us a bonus token. Bonus token will only cause dilution in value. Which is something NO ONE WANTS.

If you commit to buying back some coins instead of the bonus, I will buy another 10k. As I see true value in you buying shares, I see absolutely zero value in my position size getting bigger and it becoming worth less.

I believe in you and your tech. I'm fine with you raising money, I don't want to be down rounded or diluted. I'm willing to pay more because the product is becoming worth more.

Also I don't want everyone to get a bonus amount of tokens and start dumping them.

So would you be willing to buy back some of your tokens in the future?  It will help us all realize that there is true value here. Even the people who quit believing in you will have their minds changed.

Why shall Ohad buy back some of the tokens?
His suggestion was reasonable for all parties- former investors, investors who purchased on Bittrex (at high rate) and the participants in the tentative sale.

The lower price (as of June's sale price) will be only for locked coins, so dumping the coins is not an option.
Suggesting 66c for unlocked coins is not the best price, but the participants in the tentative sale should get a discount for investing before the deadline.

Ohad has already showed that he can be trusted. A few hours ago he refunded someone who asked to do so. His intention is not to raise funds (he declared more than once that he has enough fubds ro complete the project), but to meet the expectetions of the investors on the tentative sale and to maintain reasonable distribution of the tokens.

Most of the investors I know and myself are holding the coins untill the development will be completed.
I suggest you do the same.

How about buying back tokens instead of giving us a bonus token. Bonus token will only cause dilution in value. Which is something NO ONE WANTS.

If you commit to buying back some coins instead of the bonus, I will buy another 10k. As I see true value in you buying shares, I see absolutely zero value in my position size getting bigger and it becoming worth less.

I believe in you and your tech. I'm fine with you raising money, I don't want to be down rounded or diluted. I'm willing to pay more because the product is becoming worth more.

Also I don't want everyone to get a bonus amount of tokens and start dumping them.

So would you be willing to buy back some of your tokens in the future?  It will help us all realize that there is true value here. Even the people who quit believing in you will have their minds changed.

Why shall Ohad buy back some of the tokens?
His suggestion was reasonable for all parties- former investors, investors who purchased on Bittrex (at high rate) and the participants in the tentative sale.

The lower price (as of June's sale price) will be only for locked coins, so dumping the coins is not an option.
Suggesting 66c for unlocked coins is not the best price, but the participants in the tentative sale should get a discount for investing before the deadline.

Ohad has already showed that he can be trusted. A few hours ago he refunded someone who asked to do so. His intention is not to raise funds (he declared more than once that he has enough fubds ro complete the project), but to meet the expectetions of the investors on the tentative sale and to maintain reasonable distribution of the tokens.

Most of the investors I know and myself are holding the coins untill the development will be completed.
I suggest you do the same.
Pages:
Jump to: