Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 53. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
ok let's keep thinking and maybe revise the decision in 24 hours

in otherwords..... HODL   

classic.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
ok let's keep thinking and maybe revise the decision in 24 hours
Activity: 10
This sort of dilemma won't occur in the future, because a sale like this in the future will take place on Agoras itself, with the rules encoded unambiguosly in a smart contract. We like the idea of smart contracts because it takes human judgement -- which can be swayed by the news and crazy movements on Bittrex -- out of the picture, and is just...fair.

Ohad, it is clear you want to be fair, and look at the big picture and what's best for the project. But I think being moved by what you see happening in the market and second-guessing your original offer is ultimately unfair, mostly to members of this community.

There is concern about fairness to people who bought on Bittrex for a higher price. But if these people lose out, it is *unfortunate*, but not *unfair*. An properly-run exchange is inherently fair. You offer to sell at a price, I offer to buy, we exchange funds as agreed. As long as the rules of the exchange are honored, fair is fair.

What is unfair is if rules are set, and then not respected, at the gain of one and loss of the other.

Keep in mind also that prices on the market could fall tomorrow to $.20. If that happens, not honoring the contract would be incredibly unfair to those who purchase from you at $.66c.

No matter what you decide, and no matter what the market does, there will be winners and losers. But if the original price is not respected for those of us who tentatively purchased in June, the losers will be people like me that have actually been following this project, and scrambled to get some Bitcoin together so they could buy in bulk directly from you in June before the deadline July 1, only to see the rules changed. So it will be unfair *and* mostly hurt people on this forum.

Who would the winners be? You could argue that existing token holders (which I am) will benefit because by raising the price for this tentative sale, we reduce the # of tokens sold (since there is a fixed # of bitcoin sent to the tentative sale address), and therefore reduce supply and put upward pressure on the market price.

But I think this is doubly wrong, if you really think about it. It's an attempt to manipulate the market and raise the price by not honoring the purchase terms originally offered. Plus it probably won't work. It will result in ultimately a very small # of tokens compared to the total supply, so the affect on the market will probably be minimal.

I think the most fair thing for you to do is totally ignore the market, and try to emulate a smart contract.
Activity: 5
I intend to hold this coin for a long time but I'm asking if it's a good idea to sell and buy later.
AEA
Activity: 36
Jesus. This guy who gave you this "tip" to invest in this project because it was going to 10usd really did a number on you all.

I'd direct your attention to him - not in anger, but to understand why HE would buy this asset besides the speculation there must be something he saw in it. But before that, ask yourself why you're taking investment advice from someone who doesn't know your appetite for risk or understanding of the asset.
Activity: 5
I bought my coins before July 1 but I made the mistake of buying the coins on Bittrex.

However, I did send some bitcoins to Ohad and email him last night when I realized I should have buy direct. Since most of my money was stuck in the Exchange because the price was dropping and I didn't want to take a lost, I didn't send a lot of bitcoins to Ohad.

Will I have the same benefits as the investors that purchased the coins directly from Ohad before July 1?

Now that price is dropping more, should I sell?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
june's prices can be seen in terms relative to the market price. one might claim that this is an even more accurate way to look at the price. the number 19 or 66 are not typological numbers. people decide to buy or not according (but not only) to market price.

I think actually the market price is tracking what is going on here.  E.g. its 66cents right now.  It seems to have climbed on some belief that coin supply was exhausted (which was almost true) and that price would be increased to 10x for remaining.  When it became clear that wasn't true, the price fell.

I still don't understand why it's fair to publish a price in writing, collect funds, and then retroactively announce that the price will now be higher for those collected funds because the market price increased.  

Fully agree. It seems I am not the only one as you said a few posts ago. breaking your word is breaking your asset. I know enough and am sure it's inadvertent, but i think that you are caught in the moment. The bitrex price (already 63 cents and will likely continue down) should have nothing to do with your new decision.

now already 52 cents. It must correlate to what goes on here as mentioned. decision and rate should not be related to bittrex
AEA
Activity: 36
Activity: 7
Holy sh**. It's a pump and dump. What dont you get? Cut your bags and move on with your life. Make money else where.  It's dumping even now under the "66 cent" price that was mentioned.  It was .30 cents and it went up x3 to .90+.  Game over.  

Cut your bags stop fudding. It's clear what this is.

edit: it just dumped even further. gg to all.

Everything is dumping actually, the entire market is red not just this coin... exit and buy back in cheaper.

Exactly what I wanted to post. A major correction is in the market presently I can only suspect that it fed with to many ICOs and new coins...
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Holy sh**. It's a pump and dump. What dont you get? Cut your bags and move on with your life. Make money else where.  It's dumping even now under the "66 cent" price that was mentioned.  It was .30 cents and it went up x3 to .90+.  Game over.  

Everything is dumping actually, the entire market is red not just this coin... exit and buy back in cheaper.
Activity: 3

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
to get a full update on the project's status and the new tau, stick to our irc channel, #zennet on freenode. otherwise, sell.
if you want to contribute to the project, do it. if you want to harm it, sell.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
You don't have to keep spamming posts..

Activity: 464
Merit: 29
Ahad behind bars is what i wanna see. Cry Shocked Smiley Smiley
Ohad,

When should we expect an announcement regarding the actual product?
Everyone understands this is a large project, but it is extremely unsatisfying to know that no announcements have made regarding the actual project itself.

All the talk here has been about coins, their prices, etc. Frankly, if this project works, coin prices will balloon anyway.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give the community some indication that progress has been made on the project. Are you the only one working on it? Are there other developers involved? This is the information that is relevant to the community. It is frankly very unfair not to be sharing the important details with everyone here who is trying to understand what you are doing.

you can expect an update when he updates his site next year.
TO who complain about people being here for profit, yes you damn right people are here for profit just like AHAD is here for profit, and why u think he say about price raise, not to attract more people that want to make profit.

stop creating some noble AHAD image, he also profits , he is making money and he lied and mislead and he has  tried this previously in 2016 promising the very same thing and burn all the coins etc...

Yes you damn right we are here for profit, its our right dont sugarcoat this bs to make him look good.

will he give people refund? will the coin be sold at 3$. the guy doesnt even update his site for years, he made money from this pump and dump he is happy now.  like we are badly hurting his feelings by stating the facts, the guy is probably on a fishing trip now with his new earned money.
Activity: 12
Ohad,

When should we expect an announcement regarding the actual product?
Everyone understands this is a large project, but it is extremely unsatisfying to know that no announcements have made regarding the actual project itself.

All the talk here has been about coins, their prices, etc. Frankly, if this project works, coin prices will balloon anyway.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give the community some indication that progress has been made on the project. Are you the only one working on it? Are there other developers involved? This is the information that is relevant to the community. It is frankly very unfair not to be sharing the important details with everyone here who is trying to understand what you are doing.
Activity: 200
Merit: 114
Even though I bought in at almost top of the pump, I am very grateful for the pump because it brought Agoras and Tauchain on my radar and I have been never this fascinated by a blockchain project which is in fact so more than that.

For all the people who have bought without any research, I recommend watching this interview with Ohad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw

It is very clear that this is an exceptional vision and I am very happy investing and supporting this project.

Thank you, Ohad.
Activity: 27
Seems like price is going to go back to June prices.

If this touches 20, he's going to have to sell more. I own 20k and am about to add another 5k. I will be forced to liquidate at 20. I know a couple of other people hold more and a little less than I that are going to be doing the same thing.

So in all honesty I wouldn't lock in a price yet. This may get a lot cheaper than you think.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
eGold Mining is the FUTURE of the Mining Industry!
Seems like price is going to go back to June prices.
Pages:
Jump to: