Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 66. (Read 309668 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Some things I did not understand:
1. Is there a minimum contribution?
2. What AGRS / BTC rate will you issue the tokens at?
3. How will you know where to send the tokens?  If you just say don't worry we'll work it out that works for me! Cheesy

Thanks for running this sale via forum it's very generous of you to spend the time facilitating it!

1. no
2. to be determined, until max few days after 1st of july. the price will not be forced on anyone. whoever wants a refund (from the "tentative sale" buyers) at any point of time can get it.
3. the tokens will be sent to the address that sent the btc. that's valid only for the tentative sale, to make things fast. and that's why i asked people to send the btc from an omni wallet.

Ohad--- On number 2: I dont get it. You guys published a table with prices through July 1 ranging from 0.18 to 0.235 if not mistaken based on the contribution level. why is the price now TBD? through July 1 you should stick to what you said and then change to 10x or whatever as you also said just a few days ago. the bitrex fomo should not affect this decision as it will likely die down as before. But you word is your asset here.

this is all relevant only for money that was deposited in june and after 60% were sold. in july there is no active sale until tau/alpha is ready. and we face two conflicting promises: to not sell too many coins, and to sell in june. the problem is too many buyers for too few tokens. these days we think about how is best to resolve it. im open for suggestions. anyone can get a full refund till then. and it cannot take beyond very few days into july (the decision, not the deposits).

suggestion 1: stop the sale today as promised, sell based on the pricing table as promised. Fill all orders even if 516BTC as now. IMHO The least problematic promise to break is not to pass the 60% now vs later. In any case you were to sell through 80% at some point (assuming some will be kept for marketing and devs). selling to them now is more beneficial to early supporters who are offering to back the project even before alpha/white paper/github. Later supporters can buy the remaining AGRS from you later at 10x or from exchanges.

suggestion 2: as above- but like CIVIC recently, just decide on a percentage of orders to be filled from this temp address (they did 66% from presale orders) and distribute evenly between all BTCs sent (even if passing the 60% threshold a little), based on the promised pricing. so if someone sent 50BTC worth $130k she could actually get 66% or $85800 (based on promised pricing through June) and the rest of her BTC back. whatever number of AGRS it comes to- so be it. good for the ecosystem no?  

I would just add that if anyone is feeling even a little doubtful about the fluidity of this situation, do NOT send any BTC.  You can get certainty by just buying on Bittrex.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
3. How will you know where to send the tokens?  If you just say don't worry we'll work it out that works for me! Cheesy

Thanks for running this sale via forum it's very generous of you to spend the time facilitating it!

1. no
2. to be determined, until max few days after 1st of july. the price will not be forced on anyone. whoever wants a refund (from the "tentative sale" buyers) at any point of time can get it.
3. the tokens will be sent to the address that sent the btc. that's valid only for the tentative sale, to make things fast. and that's why i asked people to send the btc from an omni wallet.

Ohad--- On number 2: I dont get it. You guys published a table with prices through July 1 ranging from 0.18 to 0.235 if not mistaken based on the contribution level. why is the price now TBD? through July 1 you should stick to what you said and then change to 10x or whatever as you also said just a few days ago. the bitrex fomo should not affect this decision as it will likely die down as before. But you word is your asset here.

this is all relevant only for money that was deposited in june and after 60% were sold. in july there is no active sale until tau/alpha is ready. and we face two conflicting promises: to not sell too many coins, and to sell in june. the problem is too many buyers for too few tokens. these days we think about how is best to resolve it. im open for suggestions. anyone can get a full refund till then. and it cannot take beyond very few days into july (the decision, not the deposits).

suggestion 1: stop the sale today as promised, sell based on the pricing table as promised. Fill all orders even if 516BTC as now. IMHO The least problematic promise to break is not to pass the 60% now vs later. In any case you were to sell through 80% at some point (assuming some will be kept for marketing and devs). selling to them now is more beneficial to early supporters who are offering to back the project even before alpha/white paper/github. Later supporters can buy the remaining AGRS from you later at 10x or from exchanges.

suggestion 2: as above- but like CIVIC recently, just decide on a percentage of orders to be filled from this temp address (they did 66% from presale orders) and distribute evenly between all BTCs sent (even if passing the 60% threshold a little), based on the promised pricing. so if someone sent 50BTC worth $130k she could actually get 66% or $85800 (based on promised pricing through June) and the rest of her BTC back. whatever number of AGRS it comes to- so be it. good for the ecosystem no?  
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Ohad do you accept Tether USD?
Activity: 18

1. no

Hi can you please explain what is happening with Agoras tomorrow? I bought at 1 dollar, should I be worried and sell now or should I hold?
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org

1. no

Activity: 18
Hi can anyone please explain what is happening with Agoras tomorrow? I bought at 1 dollar, should I be worried and sell now or should I hold?
Activity: 25
3. How will you know where to send the tokens?  If you just say don't worry we'll work it out that works for me! Cheesy

1. no

In addition, I noticed that he didn't mention there is a possibility to stop the pre sale before July 1 on his recently post. But he suddenly stopped it.
Activity: 210

1. no

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Man tauchain is going crazy on bittrex, But its still time to hodl, there is much more to come!
Activity: 90
where i can genererate addres ?

https://www.omniwallet.org/

You can create an address here, it's just an asset under btc
Activity: 182
where i can genererate addres ?

1. no

2. send the btc from your omni wallet to me at 12rcPRK8adxrPN9aQ4xc1gjMAJvBD1GHuw

This is a different address from the documentation: http://tauchain.org/TOS.pdf
which lists: 1BzwxgzrdiW5Gdc3kfoUgxeHAhRjnMmrVs

Why a new address?  Im concerned about sending funds to some address that has appeared out of nowhere on a forum post.  E.g. what if Ohad's account was hacked?  Then that money is gone.

because this new address is for tentative buys, and only up till 1st of july, because 60% of tokens were sold and we planned all along not to sell more than that. in fact im going to move some btcs from the address you mentioned into the tentative address (because they came late and the owners asked so)

Im still nervous about sending a lot of money to this address. Could you post it on the Tau website so that we have additional verifiability?

i put that addr in the bottom of tauchain.org
Activity: 414
Merit: 101
will tauchain have an independent wallet?
Activity: 90
I've been following Tau-Chain for a while now
Absolutely phenomenal project, by far the most ambitious undertaking in the blockchain space and a truly novel design
I noticed that there's a $2,800,000+ trading volume on Bittrex today, I guess I'm not the only one who sees a lot of potential in this project
to solve the "crisis" i suggest letting buyers buy tentatively partial amount, means, they can send btc now to this new address, but they might get their btc back instead of tokens. to make it simple:

if you want to buy a relatively large amount of tokens, it is not sure that there's enough supply, but can try:
1. send the btc to an omni wallet of yours, if they're not already in an omni wallet.
2. send the btc from your omni wallet to me at 12rcPRK8adxrPN9aQ4xc1gjMAJvBD1GHuw
(do not send from an exchange!! but from an omni wallet of yours as above. therefore no need to notify me before or after the transaction)
3. after few days we'll decide which part of the money will be used to buy tokens, and the rest will be refunded. it is possible that all money will be refunded.

this is all relevant only until the 1st of july!
and since i wont have the senders' contact details, all relevant messages will appear here, and can contact me afterwards in email for any problem (e.g. a request to refund unconditionally).

people already sent me such "tentative money" and i'll transfer it to the mentioned address.

3. How will you know where to send the tokens?  If you just say don't worry we'll work it out that works for me! Cheesy

It is too late to buy right now
Activity: 14
to solve the "crisis" i suggest letting buyers buy tentatively partial amount, means, they can send btc now to this new address, but they might get their btc back instead of tokens. to make it simple:

if you want to buy a relatively large amount of tokens, it is not sure that there's enough supply, but can try:
1. send the btc to an omni wallet of yours, if they're not already in an omni wallet.
(do not send from an exchange!! but from an omni wallet of yours as above. therefore no need to notify me before or after the transaction)
3. after few days we'll decide which part of the money will be used to buy tokens, and the rest will be refunded. it is possible that all money will be refunded.

this is all relevant only until the 1st of july!
and since i wont have the senders' contact details, all relevant messages will appear here, and can contact me afterwards in email for any problem (e.g. a request to refund unconditionally).

people already sent me such "tentative money" and i'll transfer it to the mentioned address.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Been watching and following Tau-Chain and Agoras for quite a while. The concept is difficult to understand but I see great potential in the future. Smiley
So i purchased Agoras Coins today, i would like to know what i need to do to secure the transfer of my coins, do i need to send them to a certain wallet before july 1st? also what is the price you will be selling on july 1st gonna be?

He will stop the selling on July 1st
Activity: 53

This is a different address from the documentation: http://tauchain.org/TOS.pdf
which lists: 1BzwxgzrdiW5Gdc3kfoUgxeHAhRjnMmrVs

Why a new address?  Im concerned about sending funds to some address that has appeared out of nowhere on a forum post.  E.g. what if Ohad's account was hacked?  Then that money is gone.

because this new address is for tentative buys, and only up till 1st of july, because 60% of tokens were sold and we planned all along not to sell more than that. in fact im going to move some btcs from the address you mentioned into the tentative address (because they came late and the owners asked so)

Im still nervous about sending a lot of money to this address. Could you post it on the Tau website so that we have additional verifiability?
Pages:
Jump to: