Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 662. (Read 197848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
July 26, 2017, 09:21:15 AM
Djokovic did his medical exams and it will be 6-10 weeks minimum for recovery.
He will definitely miss US Open.
Come back stronger for the 2018 AO, that is all that matters now. The rest of the year is over, probably cannot make the WTFs anyway.

I also believe that when he we fully recover he will come back much stronger.  Djokovic said that he is suffering from his elbow for over an year - the exact time he started to lose more matches. He is still young and has at least 4-5 good years

Federer also suffered from injury and took some weeks rest and came back with full form and won the trophy. Djokovic also tremendous player yes he is still young, and he can have the capability to play at least 4 to 5 years. And have a chance to sit in top place in ATP ranking. He may miss US Open but no problem first he wants to recover from his injury.
I would say 2 years of champion tennis is all that Djokovic has. He is 30 years old and style that he has is based on great physical condition. I think that with his 33 years he can not be old Novak that could win 3 out of 4 Grand Slam tournaments. Surely he can be top 4 player but next two, three years just have to be his two- three years.

2017 is a bad year for Novak Djokovic both physically and mentally. He will now be playing back in 2018 and I hope that in these months out there will be a good physical and mental form. Nadal and Federer have shown that is possible go back to playing the best tennis if in good shape.

Djokovic has great talent and is still young.
He can still win slam tournaments.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
July 25, 2017, 06:16:10 PM
Come back stronger for the 2018 AO, that is all that matters now. The rest of the year is over, probably cannot make the WTFs anyway.

I also believe that when he we fully recover he will come back much stronger.  Djokovic said that he is suffering from his elbow for over an year - the exact time he started to lose more matches. He is still young and has at least 4-5 good years

Federer also suffered from injury and took some weeks rest and came back with full form and won the trophy. Djokovic also tremendous player yes he is still young, and he can have the capability to play at least 4 to 5 years. And have a chance to sit in top place in ATP ranking. He may miss US Open but no problem first he wants to recover from his injury.
I would say 2 years of champion tennis is all that Djokovic has. He is 30 years old and style that he has is based on great physical condition. I think that with his 33 years he can not be old Novak that could win 3 out of 4 Grand Slam tournaments. Surely he can be top 4 player but next two, three years just have to be his two- three years.
legendary
Merit: 1001
July 25, 2017, 05:48:04 PM
A. Zverev continues his climb in the ranking atp.
Next week will do its best ranking (8th place).
 He is surely the strongest among the new players.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 25, 2017, 11:11:51 AM
Opelka R.   vs   Jaziri M. =>Jaziri wins @2.2 tiebreak played Yes.
Baghdatis M. vs Edmund K. => Baghdatis wins @2.5
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
July 25, 2017, 11:06:37 AM
Yes finally the german tennis is here first match PERALTA J and BEGEMANN. Peralta is the person everyone thinks will win but begemann is gonna win the match easily. And second match would be OPELKA, and MALEK which will be hard to predict as both the players are really good
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
July 25, 2017, 07:24:28 AM

I think it was intentionally on the part of Roger as he went into a sabbatical. But God, when he came back, he came back looking so strong and a different player that's why he won a trophy. Yes, I think in the long end, this will be a good decision of Joker, to recover his body and mind so that he can come back strong. He is still young and I strongly believed that he can return with more energy.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
July 25, 2017, 07:16:33 AM

legendary
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2017, 03:34:45 AM

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501
July 25, 2017, 02:16:15 AM
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
July 25, 2017, 02:08:44 AM

Oh I see, this puts roger Federer in a poke position for another grand slam next month. I don't see anyone stopping him really if he plays like that but Jokovic's absence makes it the more easier.

This will surely make him miss the US Open, though I think Novak should take this as opportunity for him to reassess himself and somehow do enroll again in the academy.

I agree to the fact that Roger could easily be a contender on the finals but Who knows? Though I think, not only Novak could give Roger a hard time in this tournament. Let us not forget about, Murray, Nadal, Wawrenka, Nishikori and some players that really improves.

Yes. This is a perfect opportunity for Novak to take a rest physically and mentally. We all know that this year, his performance is someone not at par so having a 6-10 minimum will do great wonders to him and try to re-assess his career. Roger Federer will have the advantage here but I'm totally sold him winning because we all know that there are a lot of good tennis players as well. We will have to wait and see as tennis this year has bring a lot of surprises.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 25, 2017, 02:07:09 AM

Oh I see, this puts roger Federer in a poke position for another grand slam next month. I don't see anyone stopping him really if he plays like that but Jokovic's absence makes it the more easier.

This will surely make him miss the US Open, though I think Novak should take this as opportunity for him to reassess himself and somehow do enroll again in the academy.

I agree to the fact that Roger could easily be a contender on the finals but Who knows? Though I think, not only Novak could give Roger a hard time in this tournament. Let us not forget about, Murray, Nadal, Wawrenka, Nishikori and some players that really improves.
Murray is also struggling with some injury but I completely agree with the other players you mentioned . Roger can be defeated by Nadal and defending champion Wawrinka , it will be an exciting tournament if top players doesn't face an upset in early stages.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 25, 2017, 01:58:10 AM

Activity: 812
Merit: 251
July 24, 2017, 08:12:39 PM

legendary
Activity: 1022
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
July 24, 2017, 04:48:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 24, 2017, 11:51:15 AM
Goffin to win the Swiss open? Gstaad Tournament ? I think so Smiley Odds look pretty great . I think he will manage to win this tournament as I don't see real big threat to him except Bautista-Agut.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 24, 2017, 10:08:27 AM
Olivio R.   vs   Hasse R.    => Olivio wins @3.5
Struff J-L. vs Donskoy E. => Struff wins in two sets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
July 24, 2017, 09:12:14 AM
Alerts are raised in response to unusual betting patterns, which are not in and of themselves evidence of match-fixing. A number of other factors, such as playing conditions or an injury to one of the players, could account for anomalous betting patterns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/07/19/three-wimbledon-matches-part-latest-tennis-match-fixing-probe/

So if a crackpot makes a large bet, this triggers an investigation? I am sure quite a bit of betting happens under the radar as well. So trying to analyze betting patterns to identify match fixing is very difficult.
well its not confirmed yet , they are just analyzing the situation because the bets were unusual . I hope it will be declared as non-fixed match so that it won't spoil players career .

Congratulations to Ferrer for winning the Swedish open.

Ferrer came from no-where and won an ATP trophy. It is important to understand that the age has no influence on the skills. Take a look on Federrer - In the age of 36 he is showing the best tennis of his life
The best thing about this is he's old as far as many sports are concerned. He won 8 Wimbledon titles and countless others all over the world for years and years and yet... he still cries as if it's his first one.
That movement made him cry because no one expected that Federer would go finals. Everyone predicts maximum he will reach semis because the competition is high in that tournament. But he made it, and after some bad days, he again comes to the form that is why he cried. But really we should appreciate his effort in the age of 36 he is still fit and won a big event.

That is what we call tears of joy. Its not easy to win a trophy and the road to take there is so very bumpy. That's why when he won the trophy, he is so emotionally as if he won his first major. And yes his age is also catching up that's why he has to take a rest and skip some tournament and it payed off in the end. He is truly one of the tennis great of all time.

In my books he's actually the greatest of all time, there hasn't been anyone dominant as him, even when Nadal and Jokovic were winning they weren't dominating like this guy. Roger is tennis personified and I wouldn't be surprised if he adds the US open to it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
July 24, 2017, 05:09:36 AM
Alerts are raised in response to unusual betting patterns, which are not in and of themselves evidence of match-fixing. A number of other factors, such as playing conditions or an injury to one of the players, could account for anomalous betting patterns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/07/19/three-wimbledon-matches-part-latest-tennis-match-fixing-probe/

So if a crackpot makes a large bet, this triggers an investigation? I am sure quite a bit of betting happens under the radar as well. So trying to analyze betting patterns to identify match fixing is very difficult.
well its not confirmed yet , they are just analyzing the situation because the bets were unusual . I hope it will be declared as non-fixed match so that it won't spoil players career .

Ferrer came from no-where and won an ATP trophy. It is important to understand that the age has no influence on the skills. Take a look on Federrer - In the age of 36 he is showing the best tennis of his life
The best thing about this is he's old as far as many sports are concerned. He won 8 Wimbledon titles and countless others all over the world for years and years and yet... he still cries as if it's his first one.
That movement made him cry because no one expected that Federer would go finals. Everyone predicts maximum he will reach semis because the competition is high in that tournament. But he made it, and after some bad days, he again comes to the form that is why he cried. But really we should appreciate his effort in the age of 36 he is still fit and won a big event.

That is what we call tears of joy. Its not easy to win a trophy and the road to take there is so very bumpy. That's why when he won the trophy, he is so emotionally as if he won his first major. And yes his age is also catching up that's why he has to take a rest and skip some tournament and it payed off in the end. He is truly one of the tennis great of all time.
legendary
Activity: 1428
July 24, 2017, 04:50:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
July 24, 2017, 04:43:28 AM
Ferrer doing a Federer  Smiley

We are now seeing two Spaniards winning titles for this year alone. And Ferrer's win put him with the great Bjorn Borg in the record books. Both are three-time champions at the Swedish Open. This veterans are really showing the way for now. I think with age creaping among them, its a good thing to see them winning ATP even at the twilight of their career instead of seeing them down with injuries and cannot come back.
Jump to: