Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 663. (Read 197848 times)

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501
July 24, 2017, 04:34:09 AM
Alerts are raised in response to unusual betting patterns, which are not in and of themselves evidence of match-fixing. A number of other factors, such as playing conditions or an injury to one of the players, could account for anomalous betting patterns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/07/19/three-wimbledon-matches-part-latest-tennis-match-fixing-probe/

So if a crackpot makes a large bet, this triggers an investigation? I am sure quite a bit of betting happens under the radar as well. So trying to analyze betting patterns to identify match fixing is very difficult.
well its not confirmed yet , they are just analyzing the situation because the bets were unusual . I hope it will be declared as non-fixed match so that it won't spoil players career .

Congratulations to Ferrer for winning the Swedish open.

Ferrer came from no-where and won an ATP trophy. It is important to understand that the age has no influence on the skills. Take a look on Federrer - In the age of 36 he is showing the best tennis of his life
The best thing about this is he's old as far as many sports are concerned. He won 8 Wimbledon titles and countless others all over the world for years and years and yet... he still cries as if it's his first one.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
July 24, 2017, 02:51:50 AM
Alerts are raised in response to unusual betting patterns, which are not in and of themselves evidence of match-fixing. A number of other factors, such as playing conditions or an injury to one of the players, could account for anomalous betting patterns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tennis/2017/07/19/three-wimbledon-matches-part-latest-tennis-match-fixing-probe/

So if a crackpot makes a large bet, this triggers an investigation? I am sure quite a bit of betting happens under the radar as well. So trying to analyze betting patterns to identify match fixing is very difficult.
well its not confirmed yet , they are just analyzing the situation because the bets were unusual . I hope it will be declared as non-fixed match so that it won't spoil players career .

True. We should not jump into conclusions. They are fully investigating and let's see how it pans out. But what's alarming here is that Tennis accounted for 59 percent of suspicious betting alerts recorded by the European Sport Security Association (ESSA) during the second quarter of this year, it has been revealed.

Tennis accounted for 59 percent of suspicious betting alerts recorded by the European Sport Security Association (ESSA) during the second quarter of this year, it has been revealed.

The ESSA, the international betting integrity body, said it had reported a total of 53 cases across five sports – tennis, football, basketball, handball and volleyball – to the relevant authorities for further investigation.

Thirty-one of these came in tennis, with football representing the next highest with 15 cases.

There were also five alerts in basketball and one each in handball and volleyball.

The figure for suspicious betting in the second quarter is significantly higher than the first.

The ESSA revealed in April that there had been 27 reported cases, with the second quarter number representing almost a 50 per cent increase.

There were 12 tennis alerts in the first quarter compared with 31 in the second, while football also saw an increase from four to 15.

“A betting pattern is deemed unusual or suspicious when it involves unexpected activity with atypical bet sizes or volumes that continue, even after significant price corrections have been made in order to deter such activity in the market,” ESSA’s report reads.

“A betting pattern is only confirmed as suspicious after ESSA has made detailed inquiries with all of its members to eliminate any prospect that the unusual patterns could be for legitimate reasons, such as pricing the market incorrectly.”

A number of studies on match-fixing, supported by the European Commission, are due to be published this summer.

ESSA have engaged with some of these studies, notably through the establishment of national anti-match-fixing platforms and laws.

“Betting integrity issues continue to be a key feature of stakeholder discussions at national and international levels,” ESSA secretary general Khalid Ali said.

“To that end, ESSA has been asked by the Council of Europe (CoE) to deliver a report on behalf of the private sports betting industry highlighting the challenges facing regulated operators to feed into the CoE’s ongoing efforts to ratify the match-fixing Convention and implement international standards.

“This important process will also feed into ESSA’s own integrity conference in London on 12 October.”

http://thesportdigest.com/2017/07/tennis-leads-suspicious-betting-alerts-in-second-quarter-of-2017/
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
July 24, 2017, 02:36:13 AM

Ferrer came from no-where and won an ATP trophy. It is important to understand that the age has no influence on the skills. Take a look on Federrer - In the age of 36 he is showing the best tennis of his life
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 24, 2017, 02:04:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
July 23, 2017, 02:39:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011
July 23, 2017, 02:31:54 PM
Guys, I read somewhere about the latest match fixing concern.

Three Wimbledon matches part of latest tennis match-fixing probe

Three matches at this year's Wimbledon triggered alerts for possible match-fixing, the Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU) revealed on Wednesday. One of the matches was from the main draw and the other two were in the qualifying tournament.

They will be assessed and reviewed by the TIU as part of it's latest quarterly review, alongside one match from the French Open.

Disgrace to Tennis . These are the players who can't make it to top 50 and wants to earn money in the quickest way , glad that all these matches are low level matches . If it is confirmed then they should be banned for life .
First, this matching fixing devil started in IPL cricket game. There some top class players banned life time and some people banned for few years. Now it is repeating in Tennis game I think if it proved then the tennis fans would stop to watch this game. I agree the match fixing will happen in all format of games. But in Tennis game, i never expected if any top players involved in this scam means this game will lose its reputation.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 23, 2017, 01:54:58 PM
A. Rublev  - Lorenzi P. => Lorenzi wins in three sets.
John I.     -   Ebden M. => John Isner wins in two sets and tie break played yes.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
July 23, 2017, 01:44:56 PM
Today's qualifying match between MARCHENKOV and SMYCZEK which might be a close match and both said they will qualify second qualifying match between HALYS and DENNIS which halys is surely going to win without amy doubts. Liam vs renta will be the main match for me as both have been my favourites
Activity: 646
July 23, 2017, 01:11:09 PM
Today final Gastard was awesome, Kiki was crying after winning the title.
The match was cool and could see both of them struggling in second set.
Kontaviet made some errors while here serve and lost the beginning points in set 3 and thus lose.
Activity: 646
July 23, 2017, 03:48:00 AM

Three matches at this year's Wimbledon triggered alerts for possible match-fixing, the Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU) revealed on Wednesday. One of the matches was from the main draw and the other two were in the qualifying tournament.

They will be assessed and reviewed by the TIU as part of it's latest quarterly review, alongside one match from the French Open.

shame for professional players if any TOP 20 is involved. Where there is money there is scam, I am disappointed and i feel that the telegraph news is correct.
legendary
July 23, 2017, 02:35:44 AM

Disgrace to Tennis . These are the players who can't make it to top 50 and wants to earn money in the quickest way , glad that all these matches are low level matches . If it is confirmed then they should be banned for life .
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 22, 2017, 09:12:22 PM
it is expected a scenario about ATP ranking. here Andy Murrey is usually holding the first place and his point is 7750, whereas Nadal's point is 7465 who is staying at the 2nd place and the third position possessed by the Wimbledon champion Federer. I want to see again his name as the top of the ATP tour ranking. hopefully, he will be able to regain his position before his retirement.
Andy Murray is not in good form, so he will not be able to keep 1st place for long. Sadly, Novak Đoković has injury so he can't be number one again, at least not now. Rafael Nadal has just 285 points less than Murray. So, he will become 1st player of world soon. To be honest, he totally deserves it.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
July 22, 2017, 04:48:00 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 529
July 22, 2017, 02:07:28 PM
it is expected a scenario about ATP ranking. here Andy Murrey is usually holding the first place and his point is 7750, whereas Nadal's point is 7465 who is staying at the 2nd place and the third position possessed by the Wimbledon champion Federer. I want to see again his name as the top of the ATP tour ranking. hopefully, he will be able to regain his position before his retirement.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
July 22, 2017, 01:50:57 PM
David Ferrer pulling off Federer in the Swedish open Smiley Right now he is leading in the third set , he is 35 too and what a player . He is combination of Nadal and Federer but not so efficient . I am glad I went for over 22.5 @ 1.97 .
David Ferrer is great on Clay just like most spanish players. Verdasco is one of the players against the grain who prefers hard court. Great to see Ferrer back in form. He had been struggling a lot against top 50 players this year. Hopefully he only gets better for the rest of the season. Love watching him play.
legendary
July 22, 2017, 10:40:54 AM
David Ferrer pulling off Federer in the Swedish open Smiley Right now he is leading in the third set , he is 35 too and what a player . He is combination of Nadal and Federer but not so efficient . I am glad I went for over 22.5 @ 1.97 .
legendary
July 22, 2017, 01:04:37 AM
I am convinced that we will see both Nadal and Federer in the top spot of the ATP ranking.
Nadal will become first, before the US Open, while Federer will be first after the US Open or after the Masters.
1 year ago this seemed impossible.

For that to happen, Nadal needs to have a great US Open tournament. His speciality is clay and he's great at it but on faster courts he might struggle a little. He did well in the Australian Open but US Open would be slightly different with the surface helping big servers like crazy. You can see why most of the Americans have big serve. Because thats what their surface demands from them to excel in their country.
Not really , last year US open Murray was eliminated by Nishikori in quater-finals and Nadal was out in 4th round . Now Nadal has a great chance to become number 1 if he atleast reaches the Finals Smiley I am rooting him.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
July 22, 2017, 12:02:34 AM
after got the champion of 8th wimbledon now what should be the target of Roger Federer? should he retire with this legacy? if he doesn't then will he get such type of opportunity to get retired such type of fantastic occasion? I think a King should retire like a king, so it is one of the perfect time to say bye from this segment.
During the post-match presentation when the interviewer asked Federer about plans he replied " I will try to come back next year and defend this title " so I would say he still has many other things in mind before retiring .

He wants to go back for at least one day in first place of the ranking atp and should do it this year.
He will continue to play as long as he is in good shape. Will play a few tournaments, especially slams (except roland garros).
He has shown winning Wimbledon without losing a set, which in addition to talent, still has good physical shape and great motivation and willpower.
Everyone is hoping that he and Nadal will continue to perform for a few years.
Ah well I doubt it because he doesn't play all the tournaments . He skipped French open , if he had played it then yeah he had the chance . My bet is on Nadal to become number 1 by the end of this year Smiley should see how Murray plays in US open.

I am convinced that we will see both Nadal and Federer in the top spot of the ATP ranking.
Nadal will become first, before the US Open, while Federer will be first after the US Open or after the Masters.

For that to happen, Nadal needs to have a great US Open tournament. His speciality is clay and he's great at it but on faster courts he might struggle a little. He did well in the Australian Open but US Open would be slightly different with the surface helping big servers like crazy. You can see why most of the Americans have big serve. Because thats what their surface demands from them to excel in their country.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
July 21, 2017, 04:08:23 PM
On a lighter note about Nadal. He and other Spanish athletes/stars have joined forces and put up Tatel restaurants:

Cristiano Ronaldo joins Rafael Nadal in the Tatel restaurants co-ownership

In the last years the Cristiano Ronaldo empire never stopped increasing: he launched his own shoes brand, a perfume, watch, underwear and hotels. Now the football star joined Rafael Nadal, Pau Gasol and Enrique Iglesias as owners of the Tatel restaurants brand.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/news/Rafael_Nadal/45639/cristiano-ronaldo-joins-rafael-nadal-in-the-tatel-restaurants-coownership/

Good thing to see them invested their hard earned money into something that will get them the opportunity to earn more once they are done with the sports they love. Buena suerte guys.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
July 20, 2017, 04:57:28 PM
after got the champion of 8th wimbledon now what should be the target of Roger Federer? should he retire with this legacy? if he doesn't then will he get such type of opportunity to get retired such type of fantastic occasion? I think a King should retire like a king, so it is one of the perfect time to say bye from this segment.
During the post-match presentation when the interviewer asked Federer about plans he replied " I will try to come back next year and defend this title " so I would say he still has many other things in mind before retiring .

He wants to go back for at least one day in first place of the ranking atp and should do it this year.
He will continue to play as long as he is in good shape. Will play a few tournaments, especially slams (except roland garros).
He has shown winning Wimbledon without losing a set, which in addition to talent, still has good physical shape and great motivation and willpower.
Everyone is hoping that he and Nadal will continue to perform for a few years.
Ah well I doubt it because he doesn't play all the tournaments . He skipped French open , if he had played it then yeah he had the chance . My bet is on Nadal to become number 1 by the end of this year Smiley should see how Murray plays in US open.

Jump to: