Author

Topic: Tennis League All Thread - page 666. (Read 197808 times)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
July 15, 2017, 08:20:32 PM
It wasn't a poor final, as many people seem to be suggesting. It was a poor second set. The first set was top class, in terms of quality and intensity. Muguruza maintained (or even slightly raised) her level in the second set, and Venus wasn't able to stay with her (for potentially a variety of reasons).

Also, how predictable, lazy and reductive to use a poor set of tennis as yet another stick to beat the women's game with. It's been a fascinating, exciting, high quality tournament on the women's side and had Venus been able to raise her game, the final would've been incredible but the young'un won the physical and mental battle.

I thought it was a great final to watch as the 1st set had it all and was a great battle to watch a veteran take on an up and coming superstar of the game. Yes the 2nd set was a let down but Muguraza simply dominated Venus who had no answer to the way Muguraza was playing mentally and physically. Can't wait to watch the men's final and I'm hoping Federer can win and make it a record 8th Wimbledon title.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
July 15, 2017, 06:29:59 PM
Federer should easily win his eighth wimbledon!
Cilic can win 1 set at tie break, but Federer will surely win.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
July 15, 2017, 04:22:34 PM
It wasn't a poor final, as many people seem to be suggesting. It was a poor second set. The first set was top class, in terms of quality and intensity. Muguruza maintained (or even slightly raised) her level in the second set, and Venus wasn't able to stay with her (for potentially a variety of reasons).

Also, how predictable, lazy and reductive to use a poor set of tennis as yet another stick to beat the women's game with. It's been a fascinating, exciting, high quality tournament on the women's side and had Venus been able to raise her game, the final would've been incredible but the young'un won the physical and mental battle.

Williams pushed her foe to the brink in the opening set before Muguruza's stamina appeared to overwhelm the five-time Wimbledon winner en route to a bagel scoreline in the second set. Given her age, there's no telling where the ceiling is, and Muguruza again confirmed her place as one of the top draws in tennis, adding a Wimbledon title to her 2016 French Open triumph.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
July 15, 2017, 04:21:48 PM

Yes I agree with this statement because to lose 6-0 in a finals is not so believable if the player on the opposite end of the court had some kind of injury but from what everbody was watching there was no physical injury to Venus Williams that could of casued her to lose all hope and confidence in herself.
Maybe she just gave up because she did not want to win it due to the fact she had guilt on her mind from events outside the courts of Wimbledon.
Who knows really except for her own self. Embarrassed
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 15, 2017, 04:08:59 PM

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
July 15, 2017, 02:10:29 PM
I am glad I went for Federer to win the tournament @ 5 before the tournament started , I know he still has two obstacles but I think he is the hot favorite to win right now Wink I guess Querry will cause another upset today by defeating Cilic , lets see . I have gone for Querry +1.5 @ 1.8 .

I do want Federer to win again. He has still obstacles to overcome but I think he has gain momentum and confidence after his win over Raonic. Plus Djokovic and Murray has exited so he I'm betting that he has a higher chance to win. However, the ball is still round, and maybe we can see another upset. But I hope not. Grin

We had already seen a couple of upset before, but now I am not ready to see one more upset I want Federer to win this title. I think he will not spoil our dreams. Now Cilic vs Querrey match is going on first set Querrey won and looked like 2nd set Cilic is going to win. This match may go 30+ games this is the good pick.
Very very composed play by Cilic as he wins 3 consecutive sets ( 2,3,4 ) which was not easy at all because Querry was serving very well and was playing the right shots . I have gone for Over 35.5 games for Federer v Berdych but I would love to see Federer winning in straight sets Smiley
Cilic played the amazing game after losing first set I seriously not imagine that he will win this game with straight 3 set. Querrey also fought very hard but bad luck he lost the game and out from this event. 1st finalist Cilic I think 2nd finalist will be Federer he won the 1st set and heading to win the 2nd set.

Good win for Cilic. He already booked a Wimbledon men's singles final berth. It took him 3 hours to finally reached his first Wimbledon finals. Sam Querrey played good as well, but its no denying Cilic this time. Roger Federer wins the first set, good sign that he is going to the finals and face Cilic. I don't want to jinx him. I will post once the result is final. Let's go Roger.

Yes, I'm happy that Roger Federer win his match against Berdych. It was not an easy match for him and I think he is in still in best form despite his age. Berdych was impressive as he utilized his power, but the veteran was one step ahead in the opening two sets. Federer will expect to win his eighth Wimbledon title on Centre Court, but Cilic will be highly motivated to stop the legend in his tracks. But I think Federer will overcome him with his experience.
Activity: 646
Merit: 500
July 15, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
What a great performance by Muguruza , Venus had 2 set points in the first set but Muguruza held her nerve and played very well to held it and take the first set Smiley Second set was completely dominated by the champion . Congrats to the Spaniard.
Muguraza is a antique player, I have seen her winning the French open defeating Williams in finals. Unfortunately due to work in office I missed her match today.
In deed. Who knows how second and potential third set would look like if Venus manage to took a chance and won one of those two set points. She had great tournament considering that she is a veteran. All congratulations to Muguraza, great tournament also and great finale match too. She proved that she has a character of a champion when saving those break point balls.
Will we see the same situation tomorrow? Federer against younger, hungry for titles Cilic? Can't wait for that match to begin.
If Konta would had been there in final then 2nd set could be interesting one. I really feel that potential was lacking in Venus. Ironically how even Venus was able to defeat Konta in plain 2 sets in semi finals.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
July 15, 2017, 01:32:23 PM
What a great performance by Muguruza , Venus had 2 set points in the first set but Muguruza held her nerve and played very well to held it and take the first set Smiley Second set was completely dominated by the champion . Congrats to the Spaniard.
Muguraza is a antique player, I have seen her winning the French open defeating Williams in finals. Unfortunately due to work in office I missed her match today.
In deed. Who knows how second and potential third set would look like if Venus manage to took a chance and won one of those two set points. She had great tournament considering that she is a veteran. All congratulations to Muguraza, great tournament also and great finale match too. She proved that she has a character of a champion when saving those break point balls.
Will we see the same situation tomorrow? Federer against younger, hungry for titles Cilic? Can't wait for that match to begin.
July 15, 2017, 01:15:17 PM
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 15, 2017, 01:12:04 PM
July 15, 2017, 01:01:22 PM
Next Game: Grand Slam Final for Men
Roger Federer vs Marin Cilic, who do you think will take the thropy guys?

Me, of course Federer because he's GOAT
This is a smooth bet..Roger will lift the trophy for sure.

I am kinda disappointed by Sam querry , I like his calmness even in hard situations. He did not put good efforts in 2nd set and became worse by third set. Anyways final will be good but predictable.
Activity: 214
Merit: 105
Don't Be Stupid
July 15, 2017, 12:45:07 PM
Next Game: Grand Slam Final for Men
Roger Federer vs Marin Cilic, who do you think will take the thropy guys?

Me, of course Federer because he's GOAT
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
July 15, 2017, 11:57:35 AM
MARIN vs ROGER. Everyone knows roger is the best and he is surely going to win this.
GAKHOV vs SERGIO I'll be going with sergio as he has been posting lot of videos showing how well he has practiced and the past loses will turn into future wins now. Last match I'll be looking for is COLLARINI vs MAGER which collarini is going to win easily and make his way to the top
Don't Be Stupid
July 15, 2017, 11:56:09 AM
What a performance from Venus, I am very happy for her. She has had some distressing times off the court in the  last 18 months, not to mention her health problems. Yet here she is, at thirty freaking seven! Hard work and class always shine through.
Right , she got into some trouble too actually ( accident and stuff ) during the tournament but she is focused and her mental strength is amazing Smiley She is 37 and wow she is again into Wimbledon finals  and I hope she wins .

Venus proving that age is just a number. Heart break for the British fans and Konta, but Venus deserved to win this one. She just took apart Konta in straight sets. Venus won her first Wimbledon title in 2000..... that's a long time ago.

Well that really proved how venus play great with limitless strength all the way. If those british fans see the actual performance, they really can give up and let go that venus really deserved to win great. I guess that wins at fist of wimbledon brought a good experience which made venus a better player.

One more step for Venus to prove that in her age (37) she can still be a champion. I hope new history will be created after this match. Venus Williams became Wimbledon's oldest female champion ever.
I am rooting for Venus Williams in her match against Garbine Muguruza, The first set is currently being played and its 5-4 for Venus Williams, i hope she wins the trophy today.
Venus Williams has lost abysmally in the second set by 6-0 and she lost the first set by 7-5 making 14 seed Garbine Muguruza the current wimbledon champion, Congratulation to Muguruza on her victory.

That is a bad news fir Venus fans, because if he win this game he will become the oldest player who win grand slam thropy in tennis history. I think hard for her to repeat final present in any majir tournament in future in her age.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012
July 15, 2017, 11:00:07 AM
So Gabrine is the only woman to beat both Williams sisters in a major finals for the title.
She is very good determined player good for her.
She even had a former spanish champion in her corner.
I always thought that was her mother but then they said it was the former spanish champion from along time ago
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
July 15, 2017, 10:32:32 AM
What a performance from Venus, I am very happy for her. She has had some distressing times off the court in the  last 18 months, not to mention her health problems. Yet here she is, at thirty freaking seven! Hard work and class always shine through.
Right , she got into some trouble too actually ( accident and stuff ) during the tournament but she is focused and her mental strength is amazing Smiley She is 37 and wow she is again into Wimbledon finals  and I hope she wins .

Venus proving that age is just a number. Heart break for the British fans and Konta, but Venus deserved to win this one. She just took apart Konta in straight sets. Venus won her first Wimbledon title in 2000..... that's a long time ago.

Well that really proved how venus play great with limitless strength all the way. If those british fans see the actual performance, they really can give up and let go that venus really deserved to win great. I guess that wins at fist of wimbledon brought a good experience which made venus a better player.

One more step for Venus to prove that in her age (37) she can still be a champion. I hope new history will be created after this match. Venus Williams became Wimbledon's oldest female champion ever.
I am rooting for Venus Williams in her match against Garbine Muguruza, The first set is currently being played and its 5-4 for Venus Williams, i hope she wins the trophy today.
Venus Williams has lost abysmally in the second set by 6-0 and she lost the first set by 7-5 making 14 seed Garbine Muguruza the current wimbledon champion, Congratulation to Muguruza on her victory.
Don't Be Stupid
July 15, 2017, 10:07:45 AM

I agree.. even Venus Williams unpredicted to advance so far in this tournament I will back this old lady to win the trophy..
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 15, 2017, 09:47:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2017, 07:43:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 15, 2017, 02:12:51 AM
From what I've seen here, it seems Berdych played really well, and employed lots of serve + volleying. Pretty effective play, which makes Roger's straight-sets win against him all the more impressive!
True , Berdych had a great season and a great tournament Smiley It is heartwarming to see him wear Djokers photo on his shoe to pay him a tribute ( because it looks like Nole won't be able to play the rest of the season ) .
Today's prediction - Over 22.5 games @ 1.8.
Jump to: