Pages:
Author

Topic: The 2.0 throwdown thread - page 5. (Read 20956 times)

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
September 01, 2015, 10:30:56 PM
jwinterm, would be great if you can update the table with the info I sent you recently. Thanks! Smiley

Btw, if you want I can send you some XCR so you can test out our system.

Done. I updated a bunch of (need links) to actual links, especially for Bitshares and Crypti. Also added a bunch of apps for NXT and a few for Bitshares. Please let me know if I screwed anything up or threw your favorite coin under the bus  Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Crypti Community Manager
September 01, 2015, 06:05:43 PM
jwinterm, would be great if you can update the table with the info I sent you recently. Thanks! Smiley

Btw, if you want I can send you some XCR so you can test out our system.
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
August 29, 2015, 12:43:44 PM
Question: Any links to Qora/Bursts' turing complete scripting capabilities?
http://ciyam.org/at/
Thanks for the link!
I am not really informed on ciyam.
Could you explain how it it different to the Ethreum virtual machine and Codius? (I have a rough idea what the difference between the last two are)
Activity: 351
August 29, 2015, 08:08:56 AM
http://ciyam.org/at/
Activity: 441
August 29, 2015, 08:05:22 AM
With Bitshares there is Bitshares as it is atm (which you describe well in your table) and Bitshares 2.0 which should come out in a few month. The information below regards Bitshares 2.0. Note that 2.0 is already written and tested atm.

Bitshares, multisig: https://bitshares.org/technology/dynamic-account-permissions/
(kind of advanced multisig)

Bitshares, privacy: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=17687.30

Centralized apps utilizing blockchain: DACX.com, datasecuritynode.com.

Block time will be 1 sec and allows 100k tx/sec, https://bitshares.org/technology/industrial-performance-and-scalability/

Avrg and target block time is always equal in DPOS (1.0 and 2.0).

Development team, among others: https://angel.co/cryptonomex

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
August 28, 2015, 02:35:59 PM
I think this is more a religious question. Both do it in a different way and this is good for development of crypto currency tech  Wink

NXT did it first but NEM is doing it rightSmiley
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
August 25, 2015, 07:37:29 PM
NXT did it first but NEM is doing it rightSmiley
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016
August 25, 2015, 09:51:06 AM
NEM

Average  block time 60s
Recommended confirmation time - 6 blocks
Market peg - Pending completion of Asset Creation
Multisig - Both in wallet and off wallet
Centralised Apps using Blockchain - Pending Asset Creation

Unique features:
Multisignatory can be created as a small footprint thumbdrive signatory with fastboot, real time - off wallet
Do not need a node to run a wallet. Wallet is fastboot and need not sync.
Special purpose small footprint "sub-functions" of wallet can be built without the need to have a node server.
Tiered architecture solution.
Centralised apps can be easily built, i.e., based on block chain technology - open system - e.g., a voting system.
It is a platform solution.

Wait a moment, what does it have that burst/nxt/eth don't have?

Different architecture. We don't run brain wallet for a start.
Activity: 714
Crypti Community Manager
August 25, 2015, 07:16:51 AM
jwinterm, just sent you a PM with all details about Crypti.

Please differentiate between Dapp and Plugins. Dapps have their own consensus, blockchain (side or main), presentation layer, contract layer.. While plugins only utilize different APIs and are always just stored on your local PC, instead of many different nodes.
Activity: 213
Merit: 101
August 24, 2015, 10:40:15 AM
Hi,

I didn't see any mentions to supernet for NXT, I think it's the bigger project going on over there so I thought I'll notify you.

You'll find more details here : http://www.supernet.org/index.php as it's a pretty big project.

Also ATOMIC transaction are planned to be implemented in supernet core : https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/atomic-11694807213441909013-in-supernet-core-single-blockchain-for-all

Thanks for this very informative table Wink

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
August 23, 2015, 10:30:53 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked but what would stop any plattform from having "centralized app utilizing blockchains" ?
Shouldn't this just be green for all of them ?
Or is this to merely point out the existence of such services ? Even if so...they all have block explorers, faucets or whatever Smiley

I kind of thought the same.  Anybody that has a faucet has a faucet or tip bot or block explorer basically has a centralized service. 

I was kind of trying to reserve it for applications that are a bit more unique than explorers or tipbots and such, like the MMO or maybe a prediction market or big gambling site or something...

So would the distinction maybe be a for profit centralized service with a real business model, not just something that is kind of supported by the community?
Activity: 909
Merit: 663
August 23, 2015, 10:22:23 AM
I forgot to mention that qora has a built in decentralized block explorer too...agran made this available also to people that have no wallet you can see it here http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
August 23, 2015, 09:48:25 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked but what would stop any plattform from having "centralized app utilizing blockchains" ?
Or is this to merely point out the existence of such services ? Even if so...they all have block explorers, faucets or whatever Smiley

I kind of thought the same.  Anybody that has a faucet has a faucet or tip bot or block explorer basically has a centralized service. 

I was kind of trying to reserve it for applications that are a bit more unique than explorers or tipbots and such, like the MMO or maybe a prediction market or big gambling site or something...
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
August 23, 2015, 09:40:12 AM
Well - if you are referring to a "programming language" you should understand that AT is a "virtual CPU". So it is not a high-level language but is a "machine code" (and it should be noted that Ethereum is also not a high-level language but is a VM which is an approach that I think was far less elegant).

So - if you accept that things like RISC chips are "Turing complete" then it should be obvious that AT is (I even gave you the link to a "single instruction virtual CPU" that is "Turing complete" to show just how simple it is to achieve this).

If you don't accept that CPUs (and thus "virtual CPUs") are "Turing complete" then clearly we have nothing further to discuss.

OK, you convinced me - I'll leave Automated Transactions and Turing complete lumped together for now. What is the method to prevent an infinite loop being run in Burst or Qora's Turing complete scripting/instruction set? Just the transaction fee on each "instruction"? Is there a fee market on Burst and Qora a la Ethereum, or a hard-coded fee for each instruction/script/transaction?

Yes, thanks for coming by CIYAM and clearing that up.  I was asking about this earlier in the thread and was also a bit confused myself. 
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
August 23, 2015, 09:36:41 AM

Activity: 980
August 23, 2015, 09:25:25 AM
Activity: 909
Merit: 663
August 23, 2015, 06:55:18 AM
Additions for Qora
Decentralized Apps: built-in social network and decentralized web! What kind of link is needed here? As stated before you can also browse it without a wallet see http://qora.co.in:9090/index/main.html

Activity: 588
August 23, 2015, 06:44:04 AM
NEM

Average  block time 60s

Unique features:
Multisignatory can be created as a small footprint thumbdrive signatory with fastboot, real time - off wallet
Special purpose small footprint "sub-functions" of wallet can be built without the need to have a node server.
Centralised apps can be easily built, i.e., based on block chain technology - open system - e.g., a voting system.

Wait a moment, what does it have that burst/nxt/eth don't have?
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016
August 23, 2015, 06:18:58 AM
NEM

Average  block time 60s

Unique features:
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
August 23, 2015, 04:41:36 AM
Could you add smart contracts to the list, too? Would be nice to know what POS coin has it implemented already.

The term "smart contract" I believe was first coined by Nick Szabo and although I'm not sure if he intended that to mean a general computer language anything that does provide a Turing complete language by definition supports smart contracts.

Think of it this way - AT and Ethereum are both low-level languages that support the use of higher level languages which make it possible to create smart contracts (the smart contract being the program).

A platform that provided a set of smart contracts but didn't provide a programming language to be able to extend them or add new ones really wouldn't be so useful.
Pages:
Jump to: