Pages:
Author

Topic: The 2.0 throwdown thread - page 7. (Read 20956 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Crypti Community Manager
August 22, 2015, 02:18:02 AM
Great summary!

Qora's founder is not anonymous anymore.
He revelead its identity some months ago.
His name is Jelle Bourdeaud'hui, a Belgium programmer.

Is qora's source open? Can you give me the link? Smiley
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
August 21, 2015, 05:21:46 PM
Great summary!

Qora's founder is not anonymous anymore.
He revelead its identity some months ago.
His name is Jelle Bourdeaud'hui, a Belgium programmer.
Activity: 714
Crypti Community Manager
August 21, 2015, 12:27:35 PM
Soooo, uh, is crypti closed source?

https://github.com/crypti?tab=repositories

Probably going to take it off list if there is no available source.

No reason to take it off the list. Sources for v0.1.9 will be released shortly. The later sources are coming step-by-step. Crypti is more like a startup, we are developing it with a team in the background. Not with an open source collective.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
August 21, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
I would suggest to add the date of the last modification to the chart. This could be usefull.

Good point. I'll try to update this evening and add "last modified:xxxx-xx-xx" at the end.
Activity: 715
August 21, 2015, 08:25:05 AM
I would suggest to add the date of the last modification to the chart. This could be usefull.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
August 20, 2015, 01:17:46 PM
Not sure if you're interested in this aspect of things, but BURST has a new Windows GUI wallet/plotter/miner

video with download links can be found here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FHvD3b30ks

Feel free to delete this post if you're not interested in this type of development for the coins.
August 20, 2015, 09:37:04 AM
I'm not sure if this is what is needed for the "market pegged asset" coinoUSD on the Nxt AE.
Here is a link:
https://coinomat.com/coinousd.php

What is CoinoUSD?
CoinoUSD is an asset tied to US dollar, 1 CoinoUSD = 1 dollar. CoinoUSD brings USD to NXT trading directly to NXT blockchain, without using exchanges. We maintain a gateway which allows to buy CoinoUSD asset for USD denominated payment systems. When you buy CoinoUSD asset is it transferred to you, and can be traded or sold back to us. It can even be withdrawn to your bank card!

Seems totally centralized (unlike bitshares approach). I guess I'll add it back with caveat about centralized and link to coino site.

Yes, it is centralized and manage by coinomat.
legendary
August 20, 2015, 09:24:31 AM
I'm not sure if this is what is needed for the "market pegged asset" coinoUSD on the Nxt AE.
Here is a link:

What is CoinoUSD?
CoinoUSD is an asset tied to US dollar, 1 CoinoUSD = 1 dollar. CoinoUSD brings USD to NXT trading directly to NXT blockchain, without using exchanges. We maintain a gateway which allows to buy CoinoUSD asset for USD denominated payment systems. When you buy CoinoUSD asset is it transferred to you, and can be traded or sold back to us. It can even be withdrawn to your bank card!

Seems totally centralized (unlike bitshares approach). I guess I'll add it back with caveat about centralized and link to coino site.
Activity: 588
August 20, 2015, 03:54:49 AM
I'm thinking I should separate automated transactions and Turing complete scripting into two categories. I've had some people tell me that as far as they know, only Ethereum really offers Turing complete scripting, and the automated transactions/scripting is (I guess) a subset of that.

As far as I understand, AT is a turing complete scripting as well as the Ethereum one.

AT = Smart contract (almost).

The only difference is the name and the approach. CIYAM named his AT's, no big deal. The Ciyam at's are just as good, if not better than ethereum's ones. See http://smartcontr.actor as well for an at generator (none of them are tested however, so use at own risk).
August 20, 2015, 12:37:56 AM
Here is a link:

What is CoinoUSD?
August 19, 2015, 11:26:56 PM
I'm thinking I should separate automated transactions and Turing complete scripting into two categories. I've had some people tell me that as far as they know, only Ethereum really offers Turing complete scripting, and the automated transactions/scripting is (I guess) a subset of that.

As far as I understand, AT is a turing complete scripting as well as the Ethereum one.
legendary
August 19, 2015, 10:47:00 PM
Table updated again. Changed a bunch of stuff to ? or Pending (needs link). Trying to be a bit more skeptical rather than just giving everything green check marks.

Still leaning towards leaving NuBits/NuShares and derivatives off. If it's only function is to maintain a market-peg, I don't think that really qualifies as a platform for decentralized trade and asset exchange. I guess I should be more specific about the requirements in the OP.

Thinking about removing Crypti if it's closed source.

Planning to add Syscoin, just haven't had a chance yet. If there's any other cryptos/coins/platforms/etc that you think should be considered, please let me know Smiley
legendary
August 19, 2015, 09:44:24 PM
Soooo, uh, is crypti closed source?

https://github.com/crypti?tab=repositories

Probably going to take it off list if there is no available source.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
August 19, 2015, 01:42:57 PM

Winner = Ethereum clones.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2015, 12:08:46 PM
The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write.
well.... they changed the color of the wallet too.  Wink

I gave them and future cloners a notice: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/notice-to-nxt-clone-creators

Thanks for the notice. In case you missed his response, MaWo responded favourably and said that he had merely forgotten. I've known him for quite a few months, and know that he's very different from john_connor: he's a "straight-up guy" who eschews hype.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 19, 2015, 10:16:24 AM
I think you'll find B&C exchange (block shares) fit the bill very nicely.  As far as Nu (which B&C is forked from) the ability to vote on motions and control a cryptocurrency's supply using block chain consensus is certainly in line with decentralized share and asset issuance.
legendary
August 19, 2015, 10:01:57 AM
I removed Nu because as far as I could tell it's only purpose was to provide a market-pegged asset. I tend to think of the 2.0 platforms as offering asset/share issuance and exchange, automated/scripted txs for decentralized applications, and other features along these lines. I'll read a bit more about it and maybe add back (maybe with Syscoin) tonight.
legendary
August 19, 2015, 09:59:32 AM
Sorry I didn't get a chance to update table yesterday, I should have some time to work on it a bit tonight.

If anyone has any links, suggestions, etc., regarding this distinction I would greatly appreciate it.
Activity: 648
Merit: 318
August 19, 2015, 09:57:52 AM
Why did you remove Nu from this chart as it is a 2.0 technology? Did you see the answer I posted in response to your thread on Reddit? I will include it again below. Nu is one of the most unique networks in crypto and its voting mechanisms would have prevented the mess we see in Bitcoin right now. Further, we believe that stable currencies are the future of crypto and Nu is one of the leaders in this new and innovative market. We have now kept a stable peg for almost a year and are constantly working to improve our service.

Quote from: Sentinelrv
Whereas most crypto supporters believe mass adoption will eventually stabilize price, the creators and supporters of Nu believe they have it backwards, that price stability will encourage mass adoption.

Nu is comparable to a central bank, however it's the world's first decentralized bank. The network is split into 2 units, NuBits and NuShares. NuBits are pegged to the dollar. NuShares are free floating in price and represent equity in the network. NuShareholders control the supply and demand of NuBits through various decentralized voting mechanisms.

NuBot: We have a trading bot called NuBot which is designed to place buy and sell walls directly above and below $1. This bot keeps the peg as tight as possible.

Custodial Grants: If demand is rising and there are not enough NuBits already in circulation, shareholders will vote for a specific amount of NuBits to be created. Those NuBits will then be placed as a sell wall directly above $1 to prevent the price from rising too much.

Parking: If demand is in a slump, then shareholders can vote to increase parking interest rates. Doing so will encourage people to withdraw NuBits from exchanges to park them for a certain length of time in order to receive interest. This creates temporary synthetic demand to prevent the price from dropping below $1.

Variable Transaction Fees: With the release of v2.0, shareholders now have the ability to vote on the transaction fee. The fee acts as a natural way to destroy NuBits and permanently decrease the supply. Raising the fee rate will destroy NuBits at a faster pace, but could discourage transactions as well. It's up to shareholders to find an appropriate fee rate.

NuBits Burning: If parking interest rates have been raised for a while, but aren't having the intended effect, then this is an indicator to shareholders that the supply of NuBits needs to be permanently decreased. As a last line of defense for the peg, shareholders will vote to dilute themselves by creating more NuShares and selling them to raise funds. These funds will then be used to buy back NuBits and burn them to reduce the supply. When demand finally picks back up again, shareholders will do the opposite, vote to create more NuBits, sell them on the market and use the proceeds to buy back NuShares and burn them.

Liquidity Pools: Nu operates under a zero reserve model to eliminate counterparty risk. To accomplish this, we've created two types of liquidity pools. The first type requires a little bit of trust. Shareholders appoint a pool operator and provide them with a monthly grant of NuBits. Regular people deposit their own money with the pool operator. The operator then runs NuBot on an exchange to place buy and sell walls. The operator then provides depositors with interest from the NuBits grant as compensation for the risk of providing liquidity.

The second type uses software we built called the trustless liquidity pool. Once again someone is appointed to be a pool operator and they are provided with a monthly grant of NuBits. Rather than depositing funds with the pool operator though, people deposit money to the exchange they plan to provide liquidity for. They then install a client, which places buy and sell walls using their deposited funds. The client sends this trading data to a server under the control of the pool operator. This server verifies whether the liquidity is being provided and how much. After verifying, the server then distributes interest to everyone as compensation for providing liquidity. It's important to note that using this trustless method, liquidity providers maintain full control of their funds at all times.

Business Model: NuShareholders provide the service of a price stable crypto. This service costs shareholders as you can see from the monthly fees we pay out to provide for decentralized liquidity. The job of shareholders is to continuously increase demand and adoption for NuBits. As demand increases, new NuBits are created and sold. The proceeds are then either distributed to shareholders in the form of Peercoin or NuShares are bought back and burned. The transaction fee is also one way that users of the network pay for the service we provide them. The transaction fee slowly decreases the supply over time, which then allows us to create and sell more NuBits again for profit. In the future, NuShareholders will also decide to add more pegged currencies, such as the Euro or Yuan to target different markets.

If you would like an even more detailed account, I wrote an entire history for Nu, which takes new people through our entire evolution since we launched...

https://docs.nubits.com/history/

Please tell me if there is anything else you need to know.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
August 19, 2015, 09:23:00 AM
The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write.
well.... they changed the color of the wallet too.  Wink

I gave them and future cloners a notice: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/notice-to-nxt-clone-creators

I own a lot of coins, NHZ included.  Maybe time to slim up my portfolio. 
Pages:
Jump to: