Pages:
Author

Topic: The 2.0 throwdown thread - page 8. (Read 20956 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 19, 2015, 08:31:08 AM
The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write.
well.... they changed the color of the wallet too.  Wink

I gave them and future cloners a notice: https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/notice-to-nxt-clone-creators
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
August 19, 2015, 04:46:38 AM
That article seems to be big on press releases and very light on detail. I think the network effect of Ethereum and the Ethereum DAPP ecosystem will render BTC and current Altcoins redundant.

You don't NEED SIDECHAINS in Ethereum so that counterparty press release appears to be complete bollocks.

BURST and QORA both have turing complete at's, capable of doing ANYTHING which eth can do.

You really need to go and dyor....

Please help me out here, but I am under the impression last i checked (it has been some time) that both Qora and Burst have set up Ciyam's AT found here. http://ciyam.org/at/  I have also talked to Ciyam about this at the time I talked to him and he said the only thing that had really been made use of was a couple of cross chain transactions, of which were actually a bit of a complicated dance, yet still it was accomplished and was the first time in crypto (first times aren't often all that polished, so that is understandable).  But that is a far cry from completely turing complete "ANYTHING".  In fact if you look at CIYAM's documentation that I linked above he has actually only made 5 transaction types.  Those being atomic cross chain transfers, auction, crowd funding, dormant funds transfer, and lottery.  

Can anybody please send a link to more information about how Qora/Burst have gone to these 5 to anything?

It would also be nice to read more about the specific examples of turing complete transactions on these platforms if somebody has a link for those.

CIYAM's at's take a different approach to ethereum's. Ethereum went the route of a virtual machine, and CIYAM the route of virtual cpu....or maybe the other way round. Not 100% sure right now.

Here(http://ciyam.org/at/at.html) you can see
Automated Transactions Specification
------------------------------------

In brief an Automated Transaction is a "Turing complete" set of byte code instructions which will be executed
by a byte code interpreter built into its host. An AT supporting host platform automatically supports various
applications ranging from games of chance to automated crowdfunding and ensuring that "long term savings" are
not lost forever.

His AT's obviously meet his specifications ;P
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
August 19, 2015, 03:10:43 AM
That article seems to be big on press releases and very light on detail. I think the network effect of Ethereum and the Ethereum DAPP ecosystem will render BTC and current Altcoins redundant.

You don't NEED SIDECHAINS in Ethereum so that counterparty press release appears to be complete bollocks.

BURST and QORA both have turing complete at's, capable of doing ANYTHING which eth can do.

Please help me out here, but I am under the impression last i checked (it has been some time) that both Qora and Burst have set up Ciyam's AT found here. http://ciyam.org/at/  I have also talked to Ciyam about this at the time I talked to him and he said the only thing that had really been made use of was a couple of cross chain transactions, of which were actually a bit of a complicated dance, yet still it was accomplished and was the first time in crypto (first times aren't often all that polished, so that is understandable).  But that is a far cry from completely turing complete "ANYTHING".  In fact if you look at CIYAM's documentation that I linked above he has actually only made 5 transaction types.  Those being atomic cross chain transfers, auction, crowd funding, dormant funds transfer, and lottery.  

Can anybody please send a link to more information about how Qora/Burst have gone to these 5 to anything?

It would also be nice to read more about the specific examples of turing complete transactions on these platforms if somebody has a link for those.

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
August 18, 2015, 09:11:28 PM
...JWinterm, we need a moderated thread.

I really lean towards keeping things unmoderated. I think stoat's posts (here and in other threads) make it clear that he/she isn't interested in civil discourse and rational discussion. I almost think that stoat is deliberately being obnoxious to drive people away from Ethereum because its supporters are so obnoxious...almost.

Anyway, I'll try and make some of the suggested updates and possibly a few more later tonight.

Nice conspiracy theory.  Maybe you should stop smoking canabis all day.

Maybe you should learn to spell cannabis. And if I could I would smoke cannabis at least part of the day, but sadly it's happening during no parts of the day currently.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
August 18, 2015, 08:51:03 PM

I really lean towards keeping things unmoderated. I think stoat's posts (here and in other threads) make it clear that he/she isn't interested in civil discourse and rational discussion. I almost think that stoat is deliberately being obnoxious to drive people away from Ethereum because its supporters are so obnoxious...almost.

Anyway, I'll try and make some of the suggested updates and possibly a few more later tonight.

Nice conspiracy theory.  Maybe you should stop smoking canabis all day.
legendary
August 18, 2015, 08:32:36 PM

Activity: 491
August 18, 2015, 08:28:56 PM
It's transparent what OP is trying to do with his biased silly chart.  Trying to FUD down ethereum, the blockchain which makes those other shitcoins look like a pile of shit.

Sorry ethereum stole your thunder, don't act so butthurt.

You are lols
FREEDOM RESERVE
August 18, 2015, 07:31:12 PM

No they don't why are you lying?

Go away, you're the only one lying. Not gonna talk to you anymore. JWinterm, we need a moderated thread.

If you're not lying give me one shred of evidence. No actually you'll probably cook up one of your fake meaningless infographics
August 18, 2015, 07:27:26 PM

Go away, you're the only one lying. Not gonna talk to you anymore. JWinterm, we need a moderated thread.
FREEDOM RESERVE
August 18, 2015, 06:43:25 PM

August 18, 2015, 06:20:41 PM

legendary
August 18, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
I like how there were links posted.  I think more claims on this chart need to be backed up with links.  Actually, every single square should have a link I guess.

I totally agree re:links in every box. Any reasonable links provided will be added,
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
August 18, 2015, 02:43:55 PM
Why don't you delete all the fields and just put one field that says [turing complete]. X's next to all those coins and a big green tick next to Ethereum.

Ethereums programming language allows you to implement all those things in that list for far less cost in time and money.

Your coins are deprecated.

Didn't you hear that Counterparty recreated ETH on their blockchain?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/counterparty-recreates-ethereum-bitcoin/

So, I'm pretty sure that's not true, but if you have some supporting info, maybe I'd consider it...

Technically CounterParty only ported the Serpent language and EVM from Ethereum on their testnet.  It isn't yet on the mainnet and hasn't been incorporated into their wallet.  It might be in a few months.  
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
August 18, 2015, 02:23:32 PM
The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write. With about 6-12 months delay.

well.... they changed the color of the wallet too.  Wink
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
August 18, 2015, 02:14:43 PM
That is great work jwinterm!

There are couple of centralized "apps or platforms" using the Nxt blockchain (which write on it, i.e. they are not read-only apps). Maybe put the "Centralized apps utilizing blockchain" at the end of the chart and with another color instead of a green label. Indeed, those are not core features of the blockhain. I would also do the same concerning the decentralized apps since these are done third party.

I made some digging and here a few important one:

Drachmaeconnect
http://www.drachmaeconnect.com/
It use the unique Monetary System core feature of Nxt.

Secure Asset Exchange
http://www.secureae.com/
It allows to invest in Nxt asset with bitcoin in a very very simple manner.

Lyth, the Nxt MMO
http://lythmmo.com/
It plan to use the Nxt platform for it economy.

Nxtty
http://nxtty.com/
It use the nxttycoin of the NXT AE as well as account creation and p2p encryption of Nxt.

Freebieservers.
http://freebieservers.com/
In particular, it use the blockchain to manage account and some transactions on the Nxt network.

If I find something else. I will let you know. Keep up the good work!

Edit:
This one is another decentralized apps runing on top of Nxt:
Helix
http://finhive.com/fh_helix.html
"Helix itself is written as an decentralized app, means it can run signed sourcecode or even code fraqments directly from the NXT blockchain during runtime."

I like how there were links posted.  I think more claims on this chart need to be backed up with links.  Actually, every single square should have a link I guess.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
August 18, 2015, 12:01:50 PM
The development of HZ consists of plagiarizing the work of the Nxt developers, even including the changelogs and readme files that I write. With about 6-12 months delay.
legendary
August 18, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
Hey all, please add Syscoin to this list:

current/total supply: 485million/2 billion
initial distribution: proof-of-work
inflationary/deflationary: Inflationary until 2Billion is reached
Consensus mechanism: proof-of-work
block target time: 60 seconds
recommended time for confirmation: 6 blocks
transaction load: ?
transaction fee costs: varies based on transaction type
founders: Sebastian Schepis, Dan Wasyluk, Jonny Heald, Sebastien DiMichele, Soeren Pedersen, Mike Wheeler
development team: http://syscoin.org/team
automated (turing complete): Currently in development
Atomic (cross-chain): X
Asset creation: Currently in development
Asset exchange: X via Supernet (in development)
Market pegged assets: Currently in development
Encrypted messaging: Yes; All QT wallets allow encrypted messaging.
Blockchain Multisig: currently in development
Marketplace: Yes (designed directly on the blockchain, can currently use via wallet console)
Voting system: currently in development
Privacy features: Like NXT, Syscoin is a superNET coin which will leverage this from the superNET
Decentralized applications: YES: blockmarket, Turing complete will leverage many more.
Centralized Apps: n/a but possible
Plugin / (D)App Store: in development
Unique features: Commands all currently implemented on the blockchain: Marketplace, Aliases, Data store, certificate issuance.

Thanks for the run-down. I'll consider it. Another one I saw was NXT Horizon(s?), not sure if it's still in active development though...
legendary
August 18, 2015, 11:17:11 AM

I think some would argue that sidechains are a better solution, as then the mainchain doesn't have to be so humongous, allowing more people to run nodes and increase decentralization.
Activity: 654
Merit: 252
PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin
August 18, 2015, 11:12:37 AM
Hey all, please add Syscoin to this list:

current/total supply: 485million/2 billion
initial distribution: proof-of-work
inflationary/deflationary: Inflationary until 2Billion is reached
Consensus mechanism: proof-of-work
block target time: 60 seconds
recommended time for confirmation: 6 blocks
transaction load: ?
transaction fee costs: varies based on transaction type
founders: Sebastian Schepis, Dan Wasyluk, Jonny Heald, Sebastien DiMichele, Soeren Pedersen, Mike Wheeler
development team: http://syscoin.org/team
automated (turing complete): Currently in development
Atomic (cross-chain): X
Asset creation: Currently in development
Asset exchange: X via Supernet (in development)
Market pegged assets: Currently in development
Encrypted messaging: Yes; All QT wallets allow encrypted messaging.
Blockchain Multisig: currently in development
Marketplace: Yes (designed directly on the blockchain, can currently use via wallet console)
Voting system: currently in development
Privacy features: Like NXT, Syscoin is a superNET coin which will leverage this from the superNET
Decentralized applications: YES: blockmarket, Turing complete will leverage many more.
Centralized Apps: n/a but possible
Plugin / (D)App Store: in development
Unique features: Commands all currently implemented on the blockchain: Marketplace, Aliases, Data store, certificate issuance.
FREEDOM RESERVE
August 18, 2015, 09:50:12 AM

Pages:
Jump to: