Pages:
Author

Topic: 🏈🏈 The American Football Discussion Thread 🏈🏈 - page 4. (Read 48640 times)

Activity: 2856
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I will also give XFL a chance. It appears everyone in this thread will watch it? I hope I will like it and the theory of relativity occurs to make the 6 months of waiting feel it was only 1 month.

Pains me to say it but I suppose probably will as well. I'm gonna be jonesing for more football pretty soon. Although, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it last season as well, fiending for the XFL after the end of the NFL is the equivalent to being out of weed and having to scrape the resin from the inside of a pipe in order to achieve some kind of dubious high. Its not nearly the same thing as the real deal but if you're desperate enough or have a good enough imagination, it almost is.
I will make an attempt as well to watch the UFL, but for what I can see they are making the same mistake they did last season, one of the things I like about the NFL is that no matter what, I can wake up on a Sunday and I know when there is going to be a game, I may not know who is playing but I can pick the match I like the most and watch it, but the schedule of the UFL is all over the place, it is not as bad as last year but for sure there is room for improvement.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
I will also give XFL a chance. It appears everyone in this thread will watch it? I hope I will like it and the theory of relativity occurs to make the 6 months of waiting feel it was only 1 month.

Pains me to say it but I suppose probably will as well. I'm gonna be jonesing for more football pretty soon. Although, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it last season as well, fiending for the XFL after the end of the NFL is the equivalent to being out of weed and having to scrape the resin from the inside of a pipe in order to achieve some kind of dubious high. Its not nearly the same thing as the real deal but if you're desperate enough or have a good enough imagination, it almost is.

Your mission Mr. Nutildah if you choose to accept it is to pretend to be Dick Vermeil and watch all of the games and find the next greatest undrafted player for the NFL. A player very much similar to Kurt Warner.

This is what I might do to know these players heheheh. It would be very boring to watch if we do not know anyone or who to follow. There might also be these players in XFL that were not given a chance in their careers.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892

legendary
I will legit give the XFL league deal a chance as well.  Anyone know any big names in the league off the top of their head?

After having the worst performance in the draft and our fantasy league, I cannot wait to play again on the next season hehehe. I will also give XFL a chance. It appears everyone in this thread will watch it? I hope I will like it and the theory of relativity occurs to make the 6 months of waiting feel it was only 1 month.

@DireWolfM14. Can we not use Bitcoin blockchain for lottery next season, it does not like me heheheh. I propose we use the Ethereum blockchain hehe!
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
What a game! So at halftime I was one grumpy sob.  I thought the game started at 6, so I ran some quick errands and I didn't get home until probably 4-5mns in to the game.  I was furious that I missed the Deadpool trailer.  I really wanted to see that live.  Wasn't so bad when I learned it was a short version and the full trailer was on YT (looks awesome btw).  Then Ushers performance on top of a bad game had me moody.  Second have changed all that of course.  What a game.  Mahomes is officially hands down undisputed IMO, the second best to ever play the game.  Even with all that lack of talent on offense, he comes through.

I had like $125 in squares that went bust ( @hueristic, man sorry about the OT.  You had that 4th qtr square otherwise ).  Then I put down whatever was left in my account on the Chiefs ML.  Had me sweating but came out on top. 

Now sets in my deep depression and the long wait until next year  Sad

That depression is real.  Pitchers and catchers report soon but it's not the same.  At least the Bears have a heavy interest in the draft that's always fun when your team sucks (I should know as a giants fan ).  Then after that it really goes quiet on the football front.  Anyone gonna watch that new league xfl and some other league mashup?

The one positive if you can call it that with the season being over is indeed the fact that the Bears have the #1 overall pick in the draft, the #9 pick and POTENTIALLY another 1st or 2nd round pick when they trade Justin Fields.  If for some reason the Bears do not pick Caleb Williams at 1, I swear to god I'm done as a Bears fan.  I can't take it anymore and despite all these Justin Fields supporters, Caleb is the right answer 

Soo.... it's an exciting time as a Bear fan. 

I will legit give the XFL league deal a chance as well.  Anyone know any big names in the league off the top of their head?

That's the whole thing with drafting a qb.  Let's be real Noone could have easily predicted the start that cj shroud otherwise he easily would have been the concensus #1 puck.  You never know what you are gonna get once you field these guys with the big boys. Could restart the franchise or set them back another 5 years.  Giants are in the same position but not good enough to get a qb (no thanks to mccarthy).  Honestly I like jayden over anyone but again who am I and who knows what will happen.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
What a game! So at halftime I was one grumpy sob.  I thought the game started at 6, so I ran some quick errands and I didn't get home until probably 4-5mns in to the game.  I was furious that I missed the Deadpool trailer.  I really wanted to see that live.  Wasn't so bad when I learned it was a short version and the full trailer was on YT (looks awesome btw).  Then Ushers performance on top of a bad game had me moody.  Second have changed all that of course.  What a game.  Mahomes is officially hands down undisputed IMO, the second best to ever play the game.  Even with all that lack of talent on offense, he comes through.

I had like $125 in squares that went bust ( @hueristic, man sorry about the OT.  You had that 4th qtr square otherwise ).  Then I put down whatever was left in my account on the Chiefs ML.  Had me sweating but came out on top. 

That depression is real.  Pitchers and catchers report soon but it's not the same.  At least the Bears have a heavy interest in the draft that's always fun when your team sucks (I should know as a giants fan ).  Then after that it really goes quiet on the football front.  Anyone gonna watch that new league xfl and some other league mashup?

The one positive if you can call it that with the season being over is indeed the fact that the Bears have the #1 overall pick in the draft, the #9 pick and POTENTIALLY another 1st or 2nd round pick when they trade Justin Fields.  If for some reason the Bears do not pick Caleb Williams at 1, I swear to god I'm done as a Bears fan.  I can't take it anymore and despite all these Justin Fields supporters, Caleb is the right answer 

I will legit give the XFL league deal a chance as well.  Anyone know any big names in the league off the top of their head?
If you are a bears fan, you want what is best for the team right? I 100% agree that Justin Fields is not that, and they should trade him to Pittsburgh if they can anything above a round 3 pick. Fields is athletic and worth something, but not a haul.

I also feel like Caleb may be a bust in the NFL if he ends up with Chicago. They really don't know how to manage their team and have never had a decent QB because of this. They won't get him on O line, won't get him protection. He will be running for his life like Fields does. I feel like they need a new GM and a completely new coaching system if they want to get serious about football in Chicago. The old regime is worthless.

Of course I want what's best for the team.  I also fully agree that the guy is no Justin Fields.  I watch games closely, and I'd like to consider myself a decently knowledgeable sports fan, and in particular someone whom knows football pretty well...so I find it difficult hearing from fans who want to keep Fields.  For the most part those fans don't watch the games closely, don't know how to evaluate players outside of getting warm and fuzzy feelings fromt their best plays and not recognizing the other stuff.

To say that the Bears ruin QBs is fair, to some extent, but the Bears have a totally different coaching staff and GM this year than they did for Trubisky, and all the QBs before that.  The GM has done a nice job so far, and coaching has improved.  I just think it's off base to say that they would ruin a QB.  There's no proof of that.  Fields has also improved each year (albeit not as much as many of us would like).

Caleb is considered the best draft prospect since Andrew Luck.  He's hands down the best prospect in this draft, and it's absolutely the most logical pick for the Bear at #1.  Also, to say that they won't get him an O line, I'm not sure what you're basing that off of? Take a look at all of the Bears recent drafts, they've mostly pick O-Lineman in the beginning rounds.  Whether those lineman hit or not, it's impossible to say, but they've been trying to build the O-Line and I'm sure will continue to do so.  Again, this team is under different management entirely across the board than it was just a couple years ago...so using examples from years past is not relevant relevant here today.

Also the Bears aren't the only team whos never had an elite QB.  Its simply that difficult to find one. 
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420

If you are a bears fan, you want what is best for the team right? I 100% agree that Justin Fields is not that, and they should trade him to Pittsburgh if they can anything above a round 3 pick. Fields is athletic and worth something, but not a haul.

I also feel like Caleb may be a bust in the NFL if he ends up with Chicago. They really don't know how to manage their team and have never had a decent QB because of this. They won't get him on O line, won't get him protection. He will be running for his life like Fields does. I feel like they need a new GM and a completely new coaching system if they want to get serious about football in Chicago. The old regime is worthless.
legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

If they had half a brain which they don't they would keep Fields and play him next year while Grooming Caleb.

You'd think with all the decades of Greenbay kicking their ass they would have learned something but no, greenbay just keeps getting lucky.

Josh Gordon, Haha. Cheesy
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3780
Merit: 4842
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

I'll be watching it, I enjoyed them last year.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406

legendary

Not quite, but almost. Andy Reid made some secret adjustments to the script, wanted to win in his own way, even if it was to the dismay of Roger Goodellbot. What a great last play. Extremely well-designed. Exactly what makes the Reid/Mahomes duo so unstoppable in the playoffs/Super Bowl. Down by 3 in a must-score situation, Mahomes just methodically marched his troops down the field without a trace of fear. The man has unwavering determination. Once they were within 15 yards of the end zone or so, a TD was imminent.
At the end that is what comes about, after watching the game I still think SF was the best team, but KC has the best player at the most important position and it is not even close, Purdy under pressure could not complete some key passes, but Mahomes did it, and even if it may seem as if this is oversimplifying things, considering there were many factors which contributed to the defeat of SF, when it comes down to it the difference in QB play is what gave KC the win.
legendary
This Darrell Luter is an agent of the Illuminati. The storyline for this game is written already similar to a movie screenplay. This will go to overtime where there will be much worry and suspense. The camera will begin to have more attention on Tayor Swift, her pretty face, her nervius emotion and this will change to cheers and celebration after Patrick Mahomes throws the ball to Travis Kelce for a touchdown and another superbowl. The ending very much like a fairytale. 20 - 13, Thank you for watching.

Not quite, but almost. Andy Reid made some secret adjustments to the script, wanted to win in his own way, even if it was to the dismay of Roger Goodellbot. What a great last play. Extremely well-designed. Exactly what makes the Reid/Mahomes duo so unstoppable in the playoffs/Super Bowl. Down by 3 in a must-score situation, Mahomes just methodically marched his troops down the field without a trace of fear. The man has unwavering determination. Once they were within 15 yards of the end zone or so, a TD was imminent.

Great game all the way around. 7th longest game in NFL history they said. SF will be back harder next year. They have a pretty young team with some real powerhouse players -- would not be surprised to see them in the Super Bowl again.

Who had Travis Kelce assaulting his own coach during the game? Seems like the guy is unhinged. Must be roided out of his mind or having some booster madness going on. I imagine we’ll be hearing quite a bit about that after the game. Totally inexcusable.

"Assault" lol. Seems like American Footie might be a bit too intense for you. Might want to check out the British Knitting Championships on BBC 4 later this month. I guarantee you there will be no yelling.

legendary
This Darrell Luter is an agent of the Illuminati. The storyline for this game is written already similar to a movie screenplay. This will go to overtime where there will be much worry and suspense. The camera will begin to have more attention on Tayor Swift, her pretty face, her nervius emotion and this will change to cheers and celebration after Patrick Mahomes throws the ball to Travis Kelce for a touchdown and another superbowl. The ending very much like a fairytale. 20 - 13, Thank you for watching.

donator
Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Who had Travis Kelce assaulting his own coach during the game? Seems like the guy is unhinged. Must be roided out of his mind or having some booster madness going on. I imagine we’ll be hearing quite a bit about that after the game. Totally inexcusable.
legendary
This Post Malone guy has too many words scribbled across his face. They should call him Post-It Malone.

They've ended up showing The Sphere more often than Taylor Swift so far. Mainly because Kelce hasn't done shit. And then that big fumble by Pacheco leaves the Chiefs trailing by 7 at the half. All in all a pretty even matchup, minus a few key biffs (and stupid penalties) by the Chiefs.

Thanks for this big brain commentary/analysis.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 2745
LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga
I ran out of time before I could place a bet for the Super Bowl, but I’m watching it nevertheless. Without a bunch of random bets to watch I may fall victim to a nap at some point, but there’s always the commercials to try and keep you interested. I’ll admit the NFL doesn’t excite me much these days.

It's almost time for you to start sleeping...

...although I think it's amazing!  Wink

donator
Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
I ran out of time before I could place a bet for the Super Bowl, but I’m watching it nevertheless. Without a bunch of random bets to watch I may fall victim to a nap at some point, but there’s always the commercials to try and keep you interested. I’ll admit the NFL doesn’t excite me much these days.
It's finally here, superbowl day woot woot.  Who does everyone have?  I got KC winning back to back and further cementing their dynasty legacy.  Mahomes starts getting into goat status as he is doing his best Brady impression of being in the superbowl with what seems like every year.  Pacheco goes off for 135 yards 2 tds and wins the mvp.  With Taylor's boyfriend a close second with 10+ catches and a td of his own.  Rice goes for 7 catches 80 yards but kept out of the enzone.  Kc wins 27-23 barely eclipsing the over.

Now that I've said that here goes SF winning 5-3 on a freak last second safety as mahomes fumbles a kneeldown attempts and trips over his centers cleats.

Enjoy the game ladies!
I got 28-24 for SF, but the great majority of the people I know believe KC will take the Lombardy home.

BTW the Madden simulations also give the edge to KC with a score of 30-28.

And my favorite simulations of all, those given by the retro game Tecmo Super Bowl give the edge to KC as well with a score of 27-21.

link: https://tecmobowl.org/main/tecmo-news/super-bowl-58-according-to-tecmo-super-bowl-r206/

Lastly but not leastly, enjoy the game because it will be a long time until we can do it again.

Pages:
Jump to: