Pages:
Author

Topic: The great debate - dank vs vod - page 4. (Read 7608 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
October 20, 2014, 12:32:26 AM
Also, if it is right, why do you think it is fair that Dank pay back over 10,000% of which he borrowed?
Somebody has to absorb the loss of purchasing power. Either dank, squall or a mixture of both.
Anyway, squall set out a generous reduced repayment amount dank had to pay.

Lots of people owe lots of people coins on this forum. Unfortunately dank feels the need to endlessly beg for more money, usually for scammy reasons, which is why he's a target.

Made his own bed.

Your statement assumes that ownership of these bitcoins, had they gone un-loaned, would have, effectively, been maintained until this time present.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 20, 2014, 12:28:09 AM
Also, if it is right, why do you think it is fair that Dank pay back over 10,000% of which he borrowed?
Somebody has to absorb the loss of purchasing power. Either dank, squall or a mixture of both.
Anyway, squall set out a generous reduced repayment amount dank had to pay.

Lots of people owe lots of people coins on this forum. Unfortunately dank feels the need to endlessly beg for more money, usually for scammy reasons, which is why he's a target.

Made his own bed.
October 19, 2014, 08:19:39 PM
Sorry to intrude. I seem to often stumble upon Vod versus Dank threads - seems to be a popular discussion once you get to know this forum.

If you're looking for impartiality I can do this for three reasons - 1) I don't know either of you, 2) The job that I do heavily depends on my impartiality and non-judgementalism. 3) You may see that I have negative rep from Vod but I'm willing to accept that this as a newbie mistake on my behalf and still remain impartial.

I think you guys are handling it all wrong here. It seems all the comments come from one bias or the other, but mostly weighting on Vods side. I think there are more things at play here. Perhaps I can ask a few probing questions?

Vod: As I understand it from Danks negative reputation (Yep, I've read it) it seems that he borrowed that huge amount when btc was only worth about $10, is that right? Or someone just trying to boost the credibility of another taker? Also, if it is right, why do you think it is fair that Dank pay back over 10,000% of which he borrowed? Also, why do you feel that it is your responsibility to chase Dank for the btc? - these are only questions, not judgements.

Dank: Have you tried to negotiate your loan price in any way with your lender? Have you tried to pay anything back? If you haven't paid anything back why do you think it is unfair that you pay anything back? Are you really unemployed? If so why and how did you think it feasible to pay back a loan when you're unemployed - again,  questions, not judgements.

Hope this opens up the discussion a bit more than cheap shots at one another Smiley

Your phrasing (e.g., "…only worth about $10…") betrays a belief that Bitcoin is only valuable insofar as it may prove exchanged for more commonplace capital.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 19, 2014, 04:04:14 AM
Sorry to intrude. I seem to often stumble upon Vod versus Dank threads - seems to be a popular discussion once you get to know this forum.

If you're looking for impartiality I can do this for three reasons - 1) I don't know either of you, 2) The job that I do heavily depends on my impartiality and non-judgementalism. 3) You may see that I have negative rep from Vod but I'm willing to accept that this as a newbie mistake on my behalf and still remain impartial.

I think you guys are handling it all wrong here. It seems all the comments come from one bias or the other, but mostly weighting on Vods side. I think there are more things at play here. Perhaps I can ask a few probing questions?

Vod: As I understand it from Danks negative reputation (Yep, I've read it) it seems that he borrowed that huge amount when btc was only worth about $10, is that right? Or someone just trying to boost the credibility of another taker? Also, if it is right, why do you think it is fair that Dank pay back over 10,000% of which he borrowed? Also, why do you feel that it is your responsibility to chase Dank for the btc? - these are only questions, not judgements.

Dank: Have you tried to negotiate your loan price in any way with your lender? Have you tried to pay anything back? If you haven't paid anything back why do you think it is unfair that you pay anything back? Are you really unemployed? If so why and how did you think it feasible to pay back a loan when you're unemployed - again,  questions, not judgements.

Hope this opens up the discussion a bit more than cheap shots at one another Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
October 17, 2014, 02:31:42 PM
I find it very curious that this forum periodically needs to have an Atlas vs Matthew thread.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
October 17, 2014, 02:09:47 PM
What ever you say dank Vod is winning and he is telling the truth.

Dank get a job and pay your loan back...  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
October 17, 2014, 01:31:53 PM
legendary
October 17, 2014, 08:19:52 AM
legendary
October 17, 2014, 03:31:20 AM
What else is there to speak about other than beliefs and manifestation of those beliefs?
Let me give you a clue, this is called the bitcoin forum.
legendary
October 17, 2014, 02:46:34 AM
If this was a philosophy or spiritual forum, then that would be great.  But you generally make only two kinds of threads here: 1) Talking about your beliefs, and 2) asking for loans.  When those are your primary motives for posting on a *Bitcoin* forum, something is obviously suspect to further inquiry.  There are much better audiences for you to preach to, so that leads me to believe that either you're unwise for selecting and persisting upon this audience, or preaching simply isn't your number one motive here (but money is).
Good post. Yes, very suspect indeed. He exists on this forum to take money off the unwary. I cannot think of any other reason he's here.
Well dank am I right? Tell me different.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
October 17, 2014, 01:17:00 AM

so, you didn't answer

why don't you get a job online?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 16, 2014, 09:03:16 PM
October 16, 2014, 08:37:10 PM

What else is there to speak about other than beliefs and manifestation of those beliefs?  I do what I can to help each one of you find spiritual awakening.

You don't have to die to find heaven.
(Emphasis mine.)

Existence therewithout. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 16, 2014, 08:21:49 PM
legendary
October 16, 2014, 04:53:16 PM
I have not had time to go through the walls of text, I'll try to get to it.

And how does one debate without philosophy?  That would equate to kids calling each other names.

If you're going to rule philosophy out of your thought patterns, you're leaving out half the function of your brain.

It is a necessity of adaptation to be open to differing philosophy.

I actually completely agree with dank inasmuch as attempting to rule out philosophical arguments from a debate makes it completely pointless.

But, Dank, you are the king of grasping at straws (which happens every time we say something and you turn it into some personal tale of being persecuted for sharing your spiritual beliefs on this forum).   You rarely directly answer the questions that are asked of you.  

Also, beware of 'concept extension" which occurs when you start applying philosophical concepts where they have no business being applied in an attempt to explain everything.  In doing so, you completely dilute the strengths of those same concepts when applied in a context to which they are actually relevant.  That may sound confusing, but you can look to other disciplines to see where this becomes a problem, such as in the field of social work in which literally every societal or economic issue can be explained away in terms of 'oppression' or some other popular buzz word.  You're no different when you say things like "I am everything" and then use that principle as a starting point to attempt to explain away every possible issue or situation that arises.  Indeed, it may be a great starting point for many debate topics, but not this one.  Nobody is here to debate your philosophical beliefs, we simply want you to directly ask the questions asked of you in a format that you suggested in the OP.

If this was a philosophy or spiritual forum, then that would be great.  But you generally make only two kinds of threads here: 1) Talking about your beliefs, and 2) asking for loans.  When those are your primary motives for posting on a *Bitcoin* forum, something is obviously suspect to further inquiry.  There are much better audiences for you to preach to, so that leads me to believe that either you're unwise for selecting and persisting upon this audience, or preaching simply isn't your number one motive here (but money is).

Go ahead and use your philosophical arguments, but respond *directly* to the questions asked of you.  Otherwise, it confuses us when you say you want to debate but keep on parroting the same spiritual motives like a broken record.  Every thread of yours turns into The Dank Show and you see it as an opportunity to preach like a baptist minister.  Don't give dodgy responses.  If you're not sure what those are, then let me suggest paying attention to how many times you respond to questions about your debt to Squall with some statement about either the nature of the self or of the Universe, or some statement about your political or moral viewpoint.  Nobody will *ever* (ever!) believe that somehow not repaying Squall and focusing on a life of preaching, guitar playing, crop sowing, and raising chickens will auspiciously provide more benefit to the Universe.  If you were to magically (for you, perhaps more magical than levitating) change, address the questions asked of you directly, and make repaying your debt to squall your primary concern, I bet that would shock more people here than your nuggets of wisdom, and probably even re-instill within them some faith in humanity.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
October 16, 2014, 04:51:56 PM
If you guys ever need a neutral party, I'll be over here in the corner
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
October 16, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
Dank, why don't you get a job online?

Learn logo design, coding or video editing

Work on freelance websites, and slowly pay the debt back
Vod
legendary
October 16, 2014, 03:47:19 PM
That's fine. We often forget how the voluntary unemployed have such little spare time on their hands.

legendary
October 16, 2014, 03:44:24 PM
I have not had time to go through the walls of text, I'll try to get to it.
That's fine. We often forget how the voluntary unemployed have such little spare time on their hands.
Vod
legendary
October 16, 2014, 03:18:17 PM
And how does one debate without philosophy?  That would equate to kids calling each other names.

Nonsense.  Try this one:

Why don't you repay some of your debt instead of buying gas and drugs?

No name calling - just a simple debate question that you are too afraid to answer.   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: