Pages:
Author

Topic: The problem with atheism. - page 18. (Read 38463 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 15, 2013, 11:16:33 PM
Still, I don't want to harm my thoughts either, which is what a psychedelic does.

Agreed. I value my mind, and my ability to think clearly, so much that I refuse to take any such drugs, or even to get drunk on alcohol. I only have a few decades to use my brain cells (unless we hit singularity). I don't want to burn them out too quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
October 15, 2013, 11:16:04 PM
Not sure about floating...

...but on about a half-dozen occasions, I've successfully cured myself from various colds/flus/bronchial infections in approximately an hour through meditation.  It hasn't always worked, and success seems contingent upon my motivation and concentration during each attempt.
legendary
October 15, 2013, 11:14:26 PM
I have hallucinated on demand many times of the same object, I know it can be replicated.

That's nice. That's not what is meant by "replicated" though. Get 5 others to hallucinate the exact same thing while being in separate environments away from each other, and maybe someone somewhere will give a shit.

I can't let doubt bring me down if I'm going to fly.  I know what's true.  And no, it won't be off a roof but on a stage with many people watching.

Easy enough. Just have to fall, and get distracted by something else so much that you miss the ground.
Or how about my friend who has floated while on mushrooms?  Several people witnessed the event.  Would you give a shit then?  How about if it was repeated in front of many people?

Do you really need proof or can you just have faith I may know what I'm talking about?

Yes, I really need proof. Though I am willing to take the word of people who have a respectable reputation. You and your friends do not, so with you id need proof. Moreso, I would need the exact steps needed to recreate this scenario. "He just got lucky, and somehow managed to do it" won't cut it. I need something that you know will make anyone who tries the same thing float.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2013, 11:12:25 PM
It happened once, not by command.  It proves it is possible and a glimpse of the future to come.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
October 15, 2013, 10:55:11 PM
Why not just make a video of him floating and post to youtube?  Most people have the capability on cell phones. 
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2013, 10:49:47 PM
I have hallucinated on demand many times of the same object, I know it can be replicated.

That's nice. That's not what is meant by "replicated" though. Get 5 others to hallucinate the exact same thing while being in separate environments away from each other, and maybe someone somewhere will give a shit.

I can't let doubt bring me down if I'm going to fly.  I know what's true.  And no, it won't be off a roof but on a stage with many people watching.

Easy enough. Just have to fall, and get distracted by something else so much that you miss the ground.
Or how about my friend who has floated while on mushrooms?  Several people witnessed the event.  Would you give a shit then?  How about if it was repeated in front of many people?

Do you really need proof or can you just have faith I may know what I'm talking about?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 15, 2013, 09:57:58 PM
I'm not interested in harming my body even if it makes me believe in god. Do you not realize this? You are ingesting ACID! You're killing yourself, literally, cell by cell. Acids destroy living cells!

Uh, dude, the acid in your stomach is hundreds if not thousands of times more potent than the stuff in the psychedelic. Plus we drink carbonic acid in carbonated soft drinks, lactic acid in milk, and citric acid in orange juice and a ton of other things. Acids aren't a problem. Psychedelics are.
Yes, but your stomach is the only  place that the stomach acid won't harm your body. Anyway, I was wrong in the sense that LSD is very harmful per dose compared with some other drugs. Still, I don't want to harm my thoughts either, which is what a psychedelic does.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
October 15, 2013, 08:35:47 PM
I liked your post rassah, but I beg to differ that personal encounters of god are proof of existence.  How else can you explain something ripping a hole into this dimension and interacting with you?

Here's the problem with personal experiences.

People from all religions talk about personal experiences with their deities.    These are mutually exclusive.   They can't all be true.  If there is only one true God, then the people of other religions can't have had the experiences they say they have had.  There must be some other explanation.  They are lying, hallucinating, mistaking some normal experience for it, etc...  Whatever it might be.  If there are other, natural, explanations for those experiences, then it is more likely than not there are natural explanations for Christian's experiences too rather than that they had a supernatural experience.   It just makes more sense.

Hell, I meet God every time I orgasm.   Wink
legendary
October 15, 2013, 08:28:05 PM

legendary
October 15, 2013, 08:25:01 PM
I'm not interested in harming my body even if it makes me believe in god. Do you not realize this? You are ingesting ACID! You're killing yourself, literally, cell by cell. Acids destroy living cells!

Uh, dude, the acid in your stomach is hundreds if not thousands of times more potent than the stuff in the psychedelic. Plus we drink carbonic acid in carbonated soft drinks, lactic acid in milk, and citric acid in orange juice and a ton of other things. Acids aren't a problem. Psychedelics are.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2013, 06:31:38 PM
October 15, 2013, 06:03:18 PM
There's absolutely no point in arguing with you as you won't listen to reason. Do what you like, believe what you like but you might regret that fateful day when you decide you are ready to fly and fall off a roof, ending up dead. Then again, maybe you won't, seeing as how messed up you are on drugs.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2013, 05:45:22 PM
I liked your post rassah, but I beg to differ that personal encounters of god are proof of existence.  How else can you explain something ripping a hole into this dimension and interacting with you?

I don't have to explain it. You don't either. You just have to make it happen again and again, so we can test it, and see what is going on. Until you do that, there is nothing to explain, or even talk about.

I can explain how evolution in consciousness leads to evolved physical states.

Lost 50 pounds in 6 months after finding my soul and soul mate.  No working out, just being positive and with psychedelics which evolves consciousness.  I had invega, an anti-psychotic that blocks out your brain, shot into me against my will and I gained 20-30 pounds in a matter of weeks.  Now invega is nearly 70-80% out of me and I am getting back in shape fast.

This works on every scale.

Your DNA is still the same, and you are still (sadly) capable of reproducing with the human species, so you haven't evolved in the slightest.

I also know that man's failure to see or measure what's there is not an excuse for lack of existence.  Everything exists everywhere, tune your brain to see it if you want to believe.  Try meditating or astral projecting.

To your second part, well, which is why I will fly before anyone else evolves to, cause I took the behalf to ingest a bunch of ego killing chemicals that strengthen my soul to do the impossible.

Also, I have no interest in whether you're taking acid or meth, that's your problem. I'm only interested in the results.
LSD is very non toxic, alcohol is 100 probably 1000 times more toxic.  And lets not forget the food we ingest, it's toxic, it kills us.  And the oxygen we breathe.  Poison.  Yes, we are surely slowly dying.  So rather than hiding from the inevitable, why not prepare for it?

Psychedelics literally give you a glimpse of the other side, a state of unity.  They give you profound peace and understanding when used properly.  They will help smoothen the transition to come.

So, the very purpose of taking a psychedelic drug is to alter your perception of reality and create experiences that happened only in your mind.
Yes, but that goes with everything.  Life is an experience created in your mind.  If you die, the illusion is cleared and you return to your state before life started, as god.

We are multidimensional beings, think about dreams.  Psychedelics enable your mind to connect to other dimensions that are always present even if not visible.
October 15, 2013, 05:40:45 PM
Oh, also, the very DEFINITION of psychedelic drugs is

A psychedelic substance is a psychoactive drug whose primary action is to alter cognition and perception.

They are also a sub-type of hallucinogens, which are defined as

Hallucinogens are a general group of pharmacological agents that can be divided into three broad categories: psychedelics, dissociatives, and deliriants. These classes of psychoactive drugs have in common that they can cause subjective changes in perception, thought, emotion and consciousness. Unlike other psychoactive drugs, such as stimulants and opioids, these drugs do not merely amplify familiar states of mind, but rather induce experiences that are qualitatively different from those of ordinary consciousness. These experiences are often compared to non-ordinary forms of consciousness such as trance, meditation, dreams, or insanity.

So, the very purpose of taking a psychedelic drug is to alter your perception of reality and create experiences that happened only in your mind.
October 15, 2013, 05:28:39 PM

Also, I have no interest in whether you're taking acid or meth, that's your problem. I'm only interested in the results.
legendary
October 15, 2013, 05:23:06 PM
I liked your post rassah, but I beg to differ that personal encounters of god are proof of existence.  How else can you explain something ripping a hole into this dimension and interacting with you?

I don't have to explain it. You don't either. You just have to make it happen again and again, so we can test it, and see what is going on. Until you do that, there is nothing to explain, or even talk about.

Lost 50 pounds in 6 months after finding my soul and soul mate.  No working out, just being positive and with psychedelics which evolves consciousness.  I had invega, an anti-psychotic that blocks out your brain, shot into me against my will and I gained 20-30 pounds in a matter of weeks.  Now invega is nearly 70-80% out of me and I am getting back in shape fast.

Your DNA is still the same, and you are still (sadly) capable of reproducing with the human species, so you haven't evolved in the slightest.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2013, 05:21:43 PM
I was eating acid, not meth.  Acid connects you to the astral planes, higher dimensions, it connects you to god.  Under that state and thereafter, I believed in myself more, giving myself a better body.

Last time I ate an eighth of shrooms my body appeared to have lost a good bit of fat and gained some muscle mass.

You would have to see to believe, psychedelics can make any aging person appear years younger in hours.

I have a challenge to any atheist: take a psychedelic and see if you don't believe in god.
October 15, 2013, 05:14:31 PM
I liked your post rassah, but I beg to differ that personal encounters of god are proof of existence.  How else can you explain something ripping a hole into this dimension and interacting with you?

The truth is very simple.  Our consciousness is god, god is an intelligent creator.

For example, evolution in consciousness leads to evolved physical states rather than vice versa.

Can you explain how plankton evolved a higher conscious state, and thereby forced itself into a physical state of, say, seaweed?

Lost 50 pounds in 6 months after finding my soul and soul mate.  No working out, just being positive and with psychedelics which evolves consciousness.  I had invega, an anti-psychotic that blocks out your brain, shot into me against my will and I gained 20-30 pounds in a matter of weeks.  Now invega is nearly 70-80% out of me and I am getting back in shape fast.

I would want this tested in other people, and confirmation that the drug(s) you are taking don't have direct impact on your weight based on chemical effects.

However, I am not going to deny that what you said is true. We still know. Dry little about how consciousness works (as sited above by the work mentioned). However, this consciousness leading to physical states still has no relation to the existence of god, which is the topic of this thread. If you want to make a new one debating the merits of consciousness and how it affects physicality then by all means do so, I would be interested in talking about it.
legendary
October 15, 2013, 05:06:26 PM
I was really hoping someone would give me a counter argument that it is mathematically impossible for the earth to evolve by chance.  

The calculations of British mathematician Roger Penrose show that the probability of universe conducive to life occurring by chance is in 10 to the 10123 power. The phrase "extremely unlikely" is inadequate to describe this possibility.

http://www.faizani.com/news/news_2003/math_impossibility.html

Call God imaginary if you want.  But if it was not God, there is still an intelligent designer.  It is mathematically proven.

First of all, this is for abiogenesis (life being formed spontaneously), not evolution. But this is another example of, "It is extremely improbable, yet here we are," and not "it is extremely improbable, so the Christian god did it." The answers to this argument could be any of the following:

* The calculation was wrong, because he didn't take into account the correct number of planets in the universe, the correct number of attempts that could happen every second, or some other mathematical fluke
* He may not have understood the abiogenesis process correctly, and the requirements for creating life may be much simpler than what we understood when he calculated that.
* Despite the extremely small probability, since the probability is >0, we got lucky
* Some god or alien being from another universe, where the chances of life creation are much higher, came into our unverse and created the first seeds of like, then left a very long time ago
* Some god-like deity, like what Christians and Jews believe in, created us millions of years ago, and have had no contact with us for the hundreds of thousands of years ever since, except for maybe that one time 2000 years ago.
* We are all just a figment of someone's immagination.
* Something completely different we haven't even thought or coonceived of yet

Plus a ton more I'm too lazy to think up of. Point is, Not(A) does not automatically equal B.
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 15, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

The truth is very simple.  Our consciousness is god, god is an intelligent creator.

For example, evolution in consciousness leads to evolved physical states rather than vice versa.

Can you explain how plankton evolved a higher conscious state, and thereby forced itself into a physical state of, say, seaweed?

Pages:
Jump to: