Pages:
Author

Topic: The Treadmill of Atheism - page 10. (Read 7037 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 21, 2014, 04:12:54 AM
Yet, in all your wisdom, you don't have a method for keeping yourself alive much more than a few years. One would think that if our age was so wise, they would have figured out how to live for a couple hundred years anyway.

Ever heard of the dark ages?  A period of 400 years where most scientific study stopped thanks to your cult?

Had that not happened, we would know how to live forever already.

Thanks, idiot god.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 21, 2014, 04:11:44 AM
That's why many of the theories stay theories, if they don't pass from view completely. The homework was never done.

How many bible theories were ever proved?   Roll Eyes  How many hundreds have been disproved??

If we argue on who is right - my scientific knowledge or your bible fairy tales - you are going to lose every time.

Smiley

You can't prove what doesn't exist.  Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:10:57 AM
Since it is fact - the future "torture" part, I mean - why not heed the warning. Now and again you must heed a warning or two. so why not heed this one and save yourself from it?

It's not fact - it's written in the bible, in the age of ignorance.  We are 2,000 years more wiser now, and only the brainwashed still believe in a heaven or hell.

My beliefs are based on facts alone - no threats if I don't believe.

Cheesy

Yet, in all your wisdom, you don't have a method for keeping yourself alive much more than a few years. One would think that if our age was so wise, they would have figured out how to live for a couple hundred years anyway.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:10:50 AM
You know I have to say I am so grateful that the people who penned the Bible had more foresight to keep the writing of the Bible timelessly understandable.  

Kind of makes you wonder why their Creator was so shortsighted when His word was so vague it became the basis for more bloodshed than any man, virus or natural disaster could ever hope to be.

Like I said before, now that the church has lost the ability to take a match to anyone speaking against them, their days are numbered.  

Sorry your words get lost in this nonsense. I did say in my first post that arguing with brainwashed fools is difficult.   Undecided

I do agree with you about their days being numbered.  What you are seeing here is someone getting very desperate.
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:09:41 AM
The earth is spiraling out of control regarding evil. Jesus is holding it as it is to save some. It is difficult to follow all the work He is going through to save some.

So with record numbers leaving the cult, you view every person that overcomes brainwashing as evil?  

Nice belief system you have there.  Thankfully it won't be around forever.

Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:08:33 AM
The Bible was written for everyone. In order to make it understandable, it had to be written in a way that was for the people who would read it.

Again, how do you know?  Your priest told you. I think it was written by stoned people who couldn't figure out what they were experiencing, so they gave it their best effort.

It obviously was not written with today's knowledge, so it shouldn't be used to make today's decisions.

Wink

You know I have to say I am so grateful that the people who penned the Bible had more foresight to keep the writing of the Bible timelessly understandable.  

Kind of makes you wonder why their Creator was so shortsighted when His word was so vague it became the basis for more bloodshed than any man, virus or natural disaster could ever hope to be.

Like I said before, now that the church has lost the ability to take a match to anyone speaking against them, their days are numbered.  

The earth is spiraling out of control regarding evil. Jesus is holding it as it is to save some. It is difficult to follow all the work He is going through to save some.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:07:34 AM
That's why many of the theories stay theories, if they don't pass from view completely. The homework was never done.

How many bible theories were ever proved?   Roll Eyes  How many hundreds have been disproved??

If we argue on who is right - my scientific knowledge or your bible fairy tales - you are going to lose every time.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:06:07 AM
Since it is fact - the future "torture" part, I mean - why not heed the warning. Now and again you must heed a warning or two. so why not heed this one and save yourself from it?

It's not fact - it's written in the bible, in the age of ignorance.  We are 2,000 years more wiser now, and only the brainwashed still believe in a heaven or hell.

My beliefs are based on facts alone - no threats if I don't believe.

Cheesy
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:05:35 AM
I agree that some scientific review is fact. But much of it has been built of previous "IF" ideas.

That's how science works.  When I am making a theory on how diamonds are formed, I don't need to go and re-prove gravity. 

Smiley

Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 21, 2014, 04:03:57 AM
The Bible was written for everyone. In order to make it understandable, it had to be written in a way that was for the people who would read it.

Again, how do you know?  Your priest told you. I think it was written by stoned people who couldn't figure out what they were experiencing, so they gave it their best effort.

It obviously was not written with today's knowledge, so it shouldn't be used to make today's decisions.

Wink

legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:03:47 AM
The choice of not believing it is a choice only.

Ah, so all the threats of an infinite life of constant torture don't play into it.   Cheesy

You really think you'd have 1% of your numbers if people weren't threatened into believing?

It's not a choice.  It's blackmail.

Smiley

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:01:41 AM
I agree that some scientific review is fact. But much of it has been built of previous "IF" ideas.

That's how science works.  When I am making a theory on how diamonds are formed, I don't need to go and re-prove gravity. 

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:00:43 AM
The choice of not believing it is a choice only.

Ah, so all the threats of an infinite life of constant torture don't play into it.   Cheesy

You really think you'd have 1% of your numbers if people weren't threatened into believing?

It's not a choice.  It's blackmail.

Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:59:37 AM
Now it is you who is "fairytaling."  Smiley

Read scientific journals.  Then you will see.  Peer review is how we know scientific fact is fact and not just bible talk.

Smiley

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:58:21 AM

Again, how do you know?  Your priest told you. I think it was written by stoned people who couldn't figure out what they were experiencing, so they gave it their best effort.

Wink
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:56:18 AM
You play with semantics. I doubt that there is any bible person who thinks that the moon is light.

Well, I hope that even with the weekly brainwashing, most cult members manage to talk to enough normal people to realize it's reflected light - not it's own source.

My point is - back when the bible was written - everyone believed the moon was it's own light source.

How can you believe anything that is written in such a book?  Answer:  You usually don't unless you are forced through repeated church visits.

The Bible was written for everyone. In order to make it understandable, it had to be written in a way that was for the people who would read it. The choice of not believing it is a choice only.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:54:26 AM
That's what I have been saying about scientific theories all along!. They can be proven to be theories. In addition many of the theories can be proven to be talk only, and not theories at all.

How many times do I have to let go of a ball and see it drop to the floor before you believe in gravity?

Or do you need your priest to do it for you? 

Wink
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:52:33 AM
Again, you don't know that what yo are writing here is fact.  Smiley

Again, I do.  I can prove the scientific theories in my own home anytime.  That's how science works.  Smiley

If you are getting all your information from the bible (because there is no other information available) then you don't know what you are writing is fact.  So stop passing it off as fact and promoting ignorance.   Smiley

That's what I have been saying about scientific theories all along!. They can be proven to be theories. In addition many of the theories can be proven to be talk only, and not theories at all.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:51:39 AM
Now it is you who is "fairytaling."  Smiley

Read scientific journals.  Then you will see.  Peer review is how we know scientific fact is fact and not just bible talk.

Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2014, 03:50:25 AM
Gradually, we are finding that there are written records of the things written in the Bible. Israel, the nation that was the "home" for the early Bible was destroyed, finally. It is the conqueror who writes the history.

No, we're not.  Like your priests, information is being moulded to fit into your brainwashing.  The only place the information is shared is in church with other brainwashed members.  Such information will eventually be peer reviewed and restricted to the realm of fairy tales.

The Egyptian "plagues" were cause by a long drought.  The Egyptians eventually let their slaves go because they couldn't be fed.  Nothing to do with your imaginary god.

Now it is you who is "fairytaling."  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: