Pages:
Author

Topic: The Treadmill of Atheism - page 9. (Read 7037 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
October 21, 2014, 04:27:18 AM
And this is the exact reason that the Theory of Evolution is no longer scientific theory.

ROFL! Sure, go on, let's have the link that proves Evolution has been thrown out as THE scientific explanation.

Proof or it didn't happen.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 21, 2014, 04:27:01 AM
And this is the exact reason that the Theory of Evolution is no longer scientific theory.

Ah, so it is just "of Evolution"?   Roll Eyes  You just called it a theory yourself.

TRY STANDING UP TO YOUR PRIEST!  Call out BULLSHIT when he starts teling you things like this!

Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 21, 2014, 04:25:55 AM
The whole point of being an Athiest or even Agnostic is admitting you don't know, that's why they can't and won't give an answer, because to simply make one up is extremely arrogant and misleading to people who are genuinely wanting to know the truth of the matter. So when I hear some prick going on about God and his only scientific evidence is a several thousand year old book which ignores the laws of physics on so many levels it amazes me that people somehow think that's okay yet having the integrity to admit you don't know something is somehow wrong.

We will find the answer eventually either way, it's just not that likely to happen in this century, especially when we haven't bothered with space flight yet, so you're just going to have to accept that instead of whining at Athiests to come up with an answer for you.

I do love how those of us supporting observable fact are the ones who are responsible for providing evidence against their made up perspectives...
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:25:37 AM
Whatever the way, believing in God for salvation is a benefit for anyone.  Smiley

Why?  When you die, you're dead.  No matter what you believe in.

How does it benefit someone to think they can have a second chance to right things in your heaven?

Because I don't believe in a god, I have to treat people right here and now.  

Wink
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 21, 2014, 04:25:29 AM
That's why many of the theories stay theories, if they don't pass from view completely. The homework was never done.

You do know that the word 'theory' in the scientific sense doesn't mean 'theory' in the general sense?

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

It isn't a theory in the general sense of, "Hey, I've a theory as to why Bob jumped off the cliff". A scientific theory, like the Theory of Evolution is something that is an accepted fact demonstrated by a multitude of observation and experimentation through multiple scientific fields of study yet, as all science should be, could be modified or replaced by new data.

When you Xtian fundies talk about Creationism (or it's devious modern mask of 'Intelligent Design') as being equally deserving a 'theory' as Evolution, you are misrepresenting what Creationism is as a theory compared to Evolution. Creationism is a myth dreamed up in human imagination and insisted upon by men in silly hats and frocks who told everyone to accept what they said was true solely because they were the ones saying it was true.

Whereas science can be performed by anyone to demonstrate whether what is being claimed as true, actually is.

Do you see the massive intellectual chasm between how the scientific method allows for everybody to objectively understand and even test for themselves if need be, why an accepted theory is correct, and the 'because I say so' appeal-to-authority of a bunch of old men living in a delusional state involving made-up special magical words and symbolic rituals.

Smiley
October 21, 2014, 04:24:15 AM
you understand that the heart is nothing more than an organ that facilitates blood flow, right?  That whole written on the heart thing makes me giggle like a girl.  It is another example of meaningless theological babble that proves nothing.  You cannot refer to the Bible or anything written within it to prove the reality of what you claim is real.  If you cannot give me tangible observable empirical evidence than I am sorry we have nothing to talk about.

Your smug commentary thus far is quite proof that you already know you are beaten...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
October 21, 2014, 04:24:10 AM
The whole point of being an Athiest or even Agnostic is admitting you don't know, that's why they can't and won't give an answer, because to simply make one up is extremely arrogant and misleading to people who are genuinely wanting to know the truth of the matter. So when I hear some prick going on about God and his only scientific evidence is a several thousand year old book which ignores the laws of physics on so many levels it amazes me that people somehow think that's okay yet having the integrity to admit you don't know something is somehow wrong.

We will find the answer eventually either way, it's just not that likely to happen in this century, especially when we haven't bothered with space flight yet, so you're just going to have to accept that instead of whining at Athiests to come up with an answer for you. Science aside, It wouldn't matter to me personally whether or not God existed, because going by the followers on here, he's nothing more than an oppressive cunt bent on the domination of sentient beings.
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:24:05 AM
Morality was written on the heart of the first man in the beginning. It has been handed down through the genes, and through fetal life, to all people.

So now you are saying the 2,000 year old man had better morals than we do today?

Do I need to pull up the quote again where the rape victim is forced to marry her attacker?

Your god's morals are all fucked up.  Morals developed with society.  

Today it is illegal to have sex with a sexually mature 13 year old girl.  When your bible was written, they were already mothers.

Stop spewing brainwashed nonsense - you are losing.

Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:22:17 AM
Unfortunately, science propagandizing is having some effect. Over the thousands of years, there was always something that propagandized people away from God. Mostly, it is the devil.

Mostly, it was people forcing other people to believe, or die.  I guess you could call those cult members the devil...

Wink

Whatever the way, believing in God for salvation is a benefit for anyone.  Smiley
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:21:14 AM
Wow...that is amazing...I am going to end this conversation because, even by the testimony of your Jesus Christ, there is no man who knows the future.  There is no point in debating whether or not Jesus is cruising around the world in a Sport's Model waiting for the right time to come down in the clouds and take up His people, assuming the Muzzies don't nuke Him out of the sky first....

So just out of curiosity.  This came to me just recently and I want to get a real Christian opinion on this...

I was reflecting the other day on my kids, and how they are growing to learn the difference from right and wrong, moral value, empathy, etc.  It is a strong belief amongst the Christian folks that without God there could be no morality...

So the question is, how is it that children and even ancient tribes and even modern isolated tribes in the amazon and such have concepts of good and bad and right and wrong and have many of the 10 commandments, for example, understood as social norms without the need for a God framework.  

Morality was written on the heart of the first man in the beginning. It has been handed down through the genes, and through fetal life, to all people.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:20:26 AM
Yeah, I know. The devil's got you already. But the fact that you are still alive suggests that there's still a chance...

Did your preacher tell you that?  Or did you gather than from your 2,000 year old book?  Can't be independent thought - your cult frowns on that.    Undecided

I will never go around threatening to kill people if they don't believe in a fairy tale.  Your devil don't have me.  

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
October 21, 2014, 04:20:12 AM
That's why many of the theories stay theories, if they don't pass from view completely. The homework was never done.

You do know that the word 'theory' in the scientific sense doesn't mean 'theory' in the general sense?

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

It isn't a theory in the general sense of, "Hey, I've a theory as to why Bob jumped off the cliff". A scientific theory, like the Theory of Evolution is something that is an accepted fact demonstrated by a multitude of observation and experimentation through multiple scientific fields of study yet, as all science should be, could be modified or replaced by new data.

When you Xtian fundies talk about Creationism (or it's devious modern mask of 'Intelligent Design') as being equally deserving a 'theory' as Evolution, you are misrepresenting what Creationism is as a theory compared to Evolution. Creationism is a myth dreamed up in human imagination and insisted upon by men in silly hats and frocks who told everyone to accept what they said was true solely because they were the ones saying it was true.

Whereas science can be performed by anyone to demonstrate whether what is being claimed as true, actually is.

Do you see the massive intellectual chasm between how the scientific method allows for everybody to objectively understand and even test for themselves if need be, why an accepted theory is correct, and the 'because I say so' appeal-to-authority of a bunch of old men living in a delusional state involving made-up special magical words and symbolic rituals.
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:19:07 AM
Actually, we know how to live much longer. The part of it that is written for us is in the New Testament. Dying in Jesus is the way to rise to everlasting life.

Well, I'm talking actually living longer, not imaginary fairy tales.  Science.  Medicine.  The real stuff that keeps you and your family alive.  

Back in the day your bible was written people died by age 30.  Distancing ourselves from the christian god seems to be the best way to live longer.  And you don't have to worry about breaking some imaginary rule and spending eternity in hell.

Wink
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:17:50 AM
You can't prove what doesn't exist.  Smiley

Yet you are doing your best to brainwash me.  Won't work buddy - I'm too intelligent.   Wink

Yeah, I know. The devil's got you already. But the fact that you are still alive suggests that there's still a chance...

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:16:55 AM
It is a strong belief amongst the Christian folks that without God there could be no morality...

More brainwashing.

I don't believe in any god and I am extremely moral.  More so than Badecker for sure.  He can commit any crime and pray to his god for forgiveness.  I have to actually live with what I do.

Undecided
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:16:40 AM
Yet, in all your wisdom, you don't have a method for keeping yourself alive much more than a few years. One would think that if our age was so wise, they would have figured out how to live for a couple hundred years anyway.

Ever heard of the dark ages?  A period of 400 years where most scientific study stopped thanks to your cult?

Had that not happened, we would know how to live forever already.

Thanks, idiot god.   Undecided

Actually, we know how to live much longer. The part of it that is written for us is in the New Testament. Dying in Jesus is the way to rise to everlasting life.

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:15:16 AM
Unfortunately, science propagandizing is having some effect. Over the thousands of years, there was always something that propagandized people away from God. Mostly, it is the devil.

Mostly, it was people forcing other people to believe, or die.  I guess you could call those cult members the devil...

Wink
October 21, 2014, 04:14:45 AM
Wow...that is amazing...I am going to end this conversation because, even by the testimony of your Jesus Christ, there is no man who knows the future.  There is no point in debating whether or not Jesus is cruising around the world in a Sport's Model waiting for the right time to come down in the clouds and take up His people, assuming the Muzzies don't nuke Him out of the sky first....

So just out of curiosity.  This came to me just recently and I want to get a real Christian opinion on this...

I was reflecting the other day on my kids, and how they are growing to learn the difference from right and wrong, moral value, empathy, etc.  It is a strong belief amongst the Christian folks that without God there could be no morality...

So the question is, how is it that children and even ancient tribes and even modern isolated tribes in the amazon and such have concepts of good and bad and right and wrong and have many of the 10 commandments, for example, understood as social norms without the need for a God framework.  

legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:14:20 AM
The earth is spiraling out of control regarding evil. Jesus is holding it as it is to save some. It is difficult to follow all the work He is going through to save some.

So with record numbers leaving the cult, you view every person that overcomes brainwashing as evil?  

Nice belief system you have there.  Thankfully it won't be around forever.

Smiley

Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 21, 2014, 04:13:59 AM
You can't prove what doesn't exist.  Smiley

Yet you are doing your best to brainwash me.  Won't work buddy - I'm too intelligent.   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: