Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 240. (Read 85264 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 728
August 07, 2022, 05:53:25 AM
This one was for the masses Smiley Only KOs, TKOs, and subs. The only downside of an event like this is the length of it, a bit too short, but that's not something that can be controlled. I have to note that Thiago Santos has gone on a downward spiral since his loss to Jones, but I'll give it more towards his age and the fact he's 33 pro fights in (with god knows how manny amateur fights), and that just takes it's toll. Maybe the UFC is not the best place for him anymore and I doubt he wouldn't be cut after this loss.
It's one sided fight, that's why those fighter got KOs, TKOs and subs. Most of the times I only watch the main card since it's more interesting and more longer about their exchange punches. While preliminary card, it's full of 1-2 round(s) only.

On to the next event Dominick Cruz coming back after a gap against Marlon Vera and have title implications.
Well the next event is mostly full of unknown fighters, I think I would skip to watch and waiting for next event, but at least I would bet on women fight since it would entertain myself.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
August 07, 2022, 05:18:18 AM
Remember I have told you that this autumn gonna be awesome? Welsh gonna like that - on the UFC 281 Istael Adesanya gonna face Alex Pereira  Grin Revenge is comming. Or Pereira gonna prove once again that he is the best kickboxer on that weight division. This is going to be one of the toughest fights for Izzy.

The signals for this fight were actually given in Izzy's last belt guard fight. They were on the same card, and Pereira seemed very eager to fight him. Honestly, I didn't anticipate this fight so early. After all, how many times did Pereira fight in the ufc, anyway. There's no longer a fighter capable of fighting Izzy anymore, so he had to be in middleweight. Izzy's job is very difficult because Pereira can TKO if his hands are too strong. I don't know which one to stand out for betting, I want to bet on this match when the fight approaches.

Yeep This is it. Too soon but yep its happening. Pereira is hyped so much after Strickland which he called Izzy fora belt fight. Seem Granted.

The result could be different to what Pereira is thinking, that was years ago. Izzy had not learned what he have learned today so it would just like Pereira is chasing his defeat on the other side. Adesanya should look at this as his chance to redeem himself and finally put an end.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
August 07, 2022, 04:54:22 AM

This one was for the masses Smiley Only KOs, TKOs, and subs. The only downside of an event like this is the length of it, a bit too short, but that's not something that can be controlled. I have to note that Thiago Santos has gone on a downward spiral since his loss to Jones, but I'll give it more towards his age and the fact he's 33 pro fights in (with god knows how manny amateur fights), and that just takes it's toll. Maybe the UFC is not the best place for him anymore and I doubt he wouldn't be cut after this loss.
Check out all the opponents Jon Jones faced, after the loss none of the fighters recovered their career, everyone goes through a loosing streak and that is the situation with Thiago Santos and that is the only fight i predicted won and there were a few upsets in this card which was unexpected. I did not expect Mohammed Usman to win the fight let alone Vicente Luque loosing the fight by TKO.

On to the next event Dominick Cruz coming back after a gap against Marlon Vera and have title implications.

Source: Wiki
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
August 07, 2022, 03:17:28 AM

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
August 06, 2022, 02:34:58 PM
Great to see we finally have exact date for Adesanya vs Pereira fight in November 12!
This is going to be the hardest fight for Adesanya after his adventure to light-heavyweight division and loss from Jan Błachowicz.
I just saw early betting odds on and Adesanya is heavy favorite, but there is more value in betting on Pereira.
Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira is the most anticipated fight in the division and after this fight if Adesanya wins he wont be having much of a competition. However considering this to be a stand up battle, even though the momentum is with Israel Adesanya he will be having that two losses in the back of his mind and if Alex Pereira does not force the action, i think this will be another boring slow fight  Cheesy.

~
Speaking about heavyweight, Jon Jones posted his training video and said he is preparing for comeback against Ngannou or Miocic:
The best fighter ever but hardly comes to fight due to outside antics, such a waste of talent as he never fought like we as a fan wanted during his prime years.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
August 06, 2022, 10:52:05 AM
Here are my picks for UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Hill highlighted in green are my picks

Thiago Santos VS Jamahal Hill

Stake odds for this match are 3.55 for Santos While 1.30 for Hill, well, this is absolutely a match that will become eventually crazy, Back then I really liked Thiago Santos, but right now his age is getting into him, he surely got decent wins back then but it is very different right now but still, he has come from a lost but that was against Magomed Ankalaev but for this matchup even though Thiago Santos has the experience advantage Jamahal Hill has the power advantage, he also got the height and the reach that he can use in his advantage, towards the fight, and because of that I am going with Jamahal Hill,

Vicente Luque VS Geoff Neal

Stake odds for this match are 1.51 for Luque while 2.60 for Neal, while Vicente Luque's last fight was against Belal Muhammad I really think he has done his all to win that fight while Geoff Neal's last match was against Santiago Ponzinibbio for this match I think Vicente Luque was more well-rounded, seeing him that he can finish the match in a stand-up or even in the ground, for being Well-rounded I am sure be going with Vicente Luque,

Ariane Lipski VS Priscila Cachoeira

Stake odds for this match are 1.53 for Lipski while 2.55 for Cachoeira, for this match I really love the fighting kitty Ariane Lipski, she surely got a pretty smile and beautiful face to die for, but yeah for me I will be going with the most well-rounded fighter, and even though Priscila Cachoeira has the advantage over his height, Ariane Lipski, has an advantage with his reach, and when it comes to the ground Lipski can sure pull this off, so my pick will be Ariane Lipski,
Activity: 2002
Merit: 670
August 06, 2022, 10:03:16 AM
Remember I have told you that this autumn gonna be awesome? Welsh gonna like that - on the UFC 281 Istael Adesanya gonna face Alex Pereira  Grin Revenge is comming. Or Pereira gonna prove once again that he is the best kickboxer on that weight division. This is going to be one of the toughest fights for Izzy.

The signals for this fight were actually given in Izzy's last belt guard fight. They were on the same card, and Pereira seemed very eager to fight him. Honestly, I didn't anticipate this fight so early. After all, how many times did Pereira fight in the ufc, anyway. There's no longer a fighter capable of fighting Izzy anymore, so he had to be in middleweight. Izzy's job is very difficult because Pereira can TKO if his hands are too strong. I don't know which one to stand out for betting, I want to bet on this match when the fight approaches.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
August 06, 2022, 10:01:07 AM
Lezzz gooo!  Let's go for max value and bet 100 bucks each sent directly to our wallets, whoever wins.  If you win I give you 100, if I win your give me 100.  And here's the thing...  How long do we have to wait?  I'm pretty sure it won't happen this year but it could happen next year.  So bet is on until early 2024 or do you really want to wait?  Wink  I'm ok with whatever you want.
All good, Bitcoin sent to wallet of the winner.
I am OK with $100 with all the rules we agreed, but let's limit time period for the end of year 2022, so if fight happens until then our bet stands.
Next year 2023 is not so far away but in next year we should revise out rules and confirm if we agree or not, so anyone can choose to accept or refuse.

Lol then I'm pretty sure the bet isn't happening cos no way the UFC is matching those two again right away.  Nunes' next match would be at 145 to defend her belt there.  Pena on the other hand will prolly fight somebody else to make her way up into title contention again.

Here are the weigh in results.  One fighter missed weight.  And I think Quinlan vs Witt was rescheduled.

Thiago Santos (206) vs Jamahal Hill (205)
Vicente Luque (170.5) vs Geoff Neal (171)
Zac Pauga (239) vs. Mohammed Usman (236.5)
Juliana Miller (125) vs Brogan Walker (125.5)
Augusto Sakai (260) vs Serghei Spivac (249.5)
Priscila Cachoeira (125.5) vs Ariane Lipski (128.5)*
Sam Alvey (186) vs Michal Oleksiejczuk (185.5)
Erick Gonzalez (155) vs Terrance McKinney (155.5)
Bryan Battle (171) vs Takashi Sato (170.5)
Josh Quinlan (169) vs Jason Witt (170)
Miranda Granger (115.5) vs Cory McKenna (115.5)
Stephanie Egger (134.5) vs Mayra Bueno Silva (135.5)

Enjoy the event guys.  
Activity: 924
Merit: 728
August 06, 2022, 09:55:26 AM
This is a great fight for Israel Adesanya to prove if he's can beat Pereira because in kickboxing professional scene, Adesanya had met two times against Pereira and he lose that two fights. It was 5 years before, anything already changed and I'd think Adesanya already learn with his past mistake and perform better on UFC.

Pereira is really weak in ground fight and Adesanya even though doesn't good in ground fight, but he can escape if his opponent force him to fight on ground. Did we will see the first submission win by Adesanya?
legendary
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
August 06, 2022, 08:50:46 AM
Great to see we finally have exact date for Adesanya vs Pereira fight in November 12!
This is going to be the hardest fight for Adesanya after his adventure to light-heavyweight division and loss from Jan Błachowicz.
I just saw early betting odds on and Adesanya is heavy favorite, but there is more value in betting on Pereira.

Moving on to this weekend UFC event, and my pick in main event is on Jamahal Hill who is younger, in better form and he has slight reach advantage.
One more fight I am excited to watch is heavyweight clash Augusto Sakai vs Sergey Spivak, and we could see some surprises in other fights.
Speaking about heavyweight, Jon Jones posted his training video and said he is preparing for comeback against Ngannou or Miocic:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wFStBWIKpnM

Don't forget to make your predictions in UFC Multi Master Challenge and win free bets from Sportsbet:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-on-espn-40-multi-master-challenge-saturday-5408381
legendary
August 06, 2022, 07:42:29 AM

I was shocked to see this, and I really haven't thought that this fight is too soon, it was an early fight, after all, I surely know that we can eventually see this fight soon but for this early and on UFC 281 Santa has given us an early present, because it is on November 13, I really thought that Alex Pereira would have another match before the Israel Adesanya match, and I am thinking that we will be getting this next year, actually, for now, I am torn between again and I don't know who I am going to pick and because both surely can win and that is how good these two are, I am out of prediction analysis, but will be watching their last kickboxing match and look at their UFC highlights, and compare that, for now, I am out of it but excited at the same time,

It's great to see Pereira getting his title shot with only a few UFC fights. There is no need to have a 5 or more win streak in the UFC to get a title shot. I would love to see Shavkat Rakhmonov fighting a top 5 in his next fight and be given a title fight next year.

Back into the fight. Izzy became a better fighter in the UFC but I still believe Pereira is the bigger and stronger guy. My bet is on Pereira. 

Yeah! surely the UFC or Dana White is preparing for this fight to really happen I even think that it was really set up to make a shift in the domination of Israel Adesanya and we will surely see if Israel Adesanya really coop up from his previous loss from their kickboxing match, but if I were you I will not underestimate Israel Adesanya for now, if you would look at Izzy's previous fights he surely has a decent record but his previous fights might be not exciting as his old ones for some of the people here, but for me in a technical point of view I really like his style that is why he is called the style bender,
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
August 06, 2022, 07:14:23 AM

It's great to see Pereira getting his title shot with only a few UFC fights. There is no need to have a 5 or more win streak in the UFC to get a title shot. I would love to see Shavkat Rakhmonov fighting a top 5 in his next fight and be given a title fight next year.

Back into the fight. Izzy became a better fighter in the UFC but I still believe Pereira is the bigger and stronger guy. My bet is on Pereira. 

It's not a real shocker that Pereira get a title shot after just 3 fights in the UFC. First, he's 2 out of 3 wins have been exciting with flashy finishes. Secondly, there's a narative, a story to their match. So the two most important factors for UFC matchmaking have been met and I am confident that the UFC had a fight with Izzy in mind when they signed Pereira, they just needed a couple of wins to make it legit.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 592
The Martian Child
August 06, 2022, 05:17:11 AM

legendary
Merit: 1435
August 06, 2022, 03:34:36 AM

legendary
August 05, 2022, 07:56:40 PM

Huh?  You want to make another bet vs him yourself?    You go on ahead with that...  You could do that with your NFT bet idea.  I'm happy with receiving a win in the 'past century' way in cold hard BTC, thanks very much.  And I couldn't use the NFT to make a bet on something else.  With BTC it's as easy as sending it to my favorite book and start making my bets.

Weigh ins will start in 45 mins or so guys.  Let's see how these fighters look on the scale.

UFC on ESPN 40:  Santos vs Hill Official Weigh In
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2sZmMnGTlQ

Well, what kind of NFT would he want? but I think it is only TopTork777's suggestion, but for me, I would also want to receive BTC, then with an NFT, but it may be a great experience to get an NFT but for me, it will be a remembrance only thing, I haven't bought or sold some NFT pictures that is pretty much high in value, it is just a given idea and would surely take time and effort to make, so why not in Crypto payment instead, but again it is a great idea and a great memory to have,

I suggest to pay attention to Augusto Sakai against Sergey Spivak fight. Sakai was on a good series, until he faced Overeem. Now he has 3 straight looses, this fight is going to be his sixth in UFC and his contract ends. He will either do his best to get a new contract, or will get back to his work at aquarium store.

Well, it is sad to see an athlete go, but for Augusto Sakai, if he lost this match again I think it is not bad to let go, this will be his 4th consecutive loss, but he surely has a good 4 consecutive wins on his debut to the UFC, so I think it is not bad but well against non-rank fighters because if he continues he would likely to be just in the bottom of the ranking for the Heavyweights but Sergey Spivak could be a decent fight for him, and he might have a chance against him in my opinion,
legendary
August 05, 2022, 03:44:53 PM
I suggest to pay attention to Augusto Sakai against Sergey Spivak fight. Sakai was on a good series, until he faced Overeem. Now he has 3 straight looses, this fight is going to be his sixth in UFC and his contract ends. He will either do his best to get a new contract, or will get back to his work at aquarium store.
legendary
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
August 05, 2022, 03:06:34 PM
Lezzz gooo!  Let's go for max value and bet 100 bucks each sent directly to our wallets, whoever wins.  If you win I give you 100, if I win your give me 100.  And here's the thing...  How long do we have to wait?  I'm pretty sure it won't happen this year but it could happen next year.  So bet is on until early 2024 or do you really want to wait?  Wink  I'm ok with whatever you want.
All good, Bitcoin sent to wallet of the winner.
I am OK with $100 with all the rules we agreed, but let's limit time period for the end of year 2022, so if fight happens until then our bet stands.
Next year 2023 is not so far away but in next year we should revise out rules and confirm if we agree or not, so anyone can choose to accept or refuse.

Make your betting competition as an NFT. We are all crypto fans, so lets use modern technologies
Sorry, but I am not interested in nft in this case.
You are free to create your event and other people may join if they want, but not me.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
August 05, 2022, 11:13:35 AM
Make your betting competition as an NFT. We are all crypto fans, so lets use modern technologies  Grin this will be even better. Because someone might join your challenge.

Frankly, I dont know how to do it technically, but creating an NFT for your challenge is a must. Sending 100 bucks to each other wallets is a past century. Perhaps, make an nft, make an action 1 year long, make its value 100$, place bets. Something like that.

Please, dont make it boring with sending 100$ to a wallet, and who ever wins, gets a privatekey.

P.s. You will definitely gonna need an escrow for that  Grin

Huh?  You want to make another bet vs him yourself?    You go on ahead with that...  You could do that with your NFT bet idea.  I'm happy with receiving a win in the 'past century' way in cold hard BTC, thanks very much.  And I couldn't use the NFT to make a bet on something else.  With BTC it's as easy as sending it to my favorite book and start making my bets.

Weigh ins will start in 45 mins or so guys.  Let's see how these fighters look on the scale.

UFC on ESPN 40:  Santos vs Hill Official Weigh In
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2sZmMnGTlQ
Activity: 826
Merit: 1010
Only BTC
August 05, 2022, 10:55:40 AM
I believe the speculation was that Nunes was distracted due to other things going on in her life, I believe at that time she was just returning after giving birth? I'm not sure what sort of impact that might've had, but it's probably worth considering.
I have opined previously that i believe Nunes is the better of the two fighters, but what i'd not agree to is people trying to call Pena's first win over her as a fluke, or trying their possible best to bring up an excuse as to why she lost, Nunes lost, and Pena won and that is exactly that, in sports anyone can make excuses when they lose, some of the excuses may not even be true. I do not see people making excuses for Pena now she lost the second fight, it is easy to make one, that is not so cool if you ask me. Pena won the first fight, Nunes won the second, in the history of the MMA, Nunes outclasses Pena, but between them, it is a tie that only a trilogy can settle who's better.
legendary
August 05, 2022, 10:29:46 AM
Make your betting competition as an NFT. We are all crypto fans, so lets use modern technologies  Grin this will be even better. Because someone might join your challenge.

Frankly, I dont know how to do it technically, but creating an NFT for your challenge is a must. Sending 100 bucks to each other wallets is a past century. Perhaps, make an nft, make an action 1 year long, make its value 100$, place bets. Something like that.

Please, dont make it boring with sending 100$ to a wallet, and who ever wins, gets a privatekey.

P.s. You will definitely gonna need an escrow for that  Grin
Jump to: