Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 239. (Read 85409 times)

staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
August 11, 2022, 06:41:39 AM
Recent Petr Yan vs Aljamain Sterling first round was rather controversial. Judges gave their 10 points to Aljo, while lots of people (Dana White as well) thought that Petr won first round and it should be 3:2 in Yans favour. Also I remember Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill fight. Bisping took lots of damage and good beating, but won this round. Many people thought he won because this was main event fight and the fight took place in London.
I think the problem with the UFC is they favour the champion a little bit too much. The attitude is you have to convince the judges that you truly took that belt. However, I honestly believe there's been some truly shocking decisions more recently than these fights. A few of the ladies fights were very controversial, and I'm failing to understand why. I have noticed that the louder the fighter shouts, the more leeway they are given, and while it might be annoying to watch, maybe they do it for a reason. Maybe, it masks the connection of a punch, and therefore the judges are assuming it landed, rather than getting additional confirmation or maybe it gives the impression it landed. I don't know, as I've never been to a live event, so can't comment on the view point they have, and what can or can't influence it.

What I do know it does seem like a lot of female fighters in particular have been getting favourable results with this approach. For the mens fights I believe control time with no damage or advancement of position is scored too highly. Also, things like fence grabs should be factored in regardless if the ref highlighted it or not. If I'm a judge, and I see someone use the fence illegally to their advancement, I'd be taking that into consideration with what follows.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
August 11, 2022, 06:07:34 AM
We don't see that at least in the UFC.

Recent Petr Yan vs Aljamain Sterling first round was rather controversial. Judges gave their 10 points to Aljo, while lots of people (Dana White as well) thought that Petr won first round and it should be 3:2 in Yans favour. Also I remember Michael Bisping vs Matt Hamill fight. Bisping took lots of damage and good beating, but won this round. Many people thought he won because this was main event fight and the fight took place in London.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
August 11, 2022, 05:23:17 AM
the judges might give questionable split decisions for the 2 of them. This is not very impossible in the UFC.
I don't want to contribute to the conspiracy or the drama of recent events, but there's one particular judge that seems to always see a different fight to us viewers, and the other judges. In the past few weeks there's been some absolute mind boggling decisions. Some of them where fighters I bet on, and I just ended up thinking I got lucky.

Not sure how we can improve the judging though, at least it's better than boxing. Boxing judges seem to be heavily skewed either to the favourite or the home fighter. We don't see that at least in the UFC.
legendary
August 11, 2022, 04:09:30 AM
Little bit of good new for you guys:

Former MMA star Cain Velasquez pleads not guilty in shooting

I am so glad that Cain is not going to spend any more time in jail for his vengeance towards the guy who molested one of Cains family members. And I am much more pleased that this guys trial is scheduled in September.

P.S. Dont know what is worse, face vengeance from Cain in 1 on 1 situation, or when people in jail find out what this guy will be in jail for  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
August 11, 2022, 03:52:58 AM
^  It's a shame that Grasso vs Araujo was cancelled.  That and the main event between Vera and Cruz are the only match ups worthy for a main card imho.  These other ones are good but for prelims.  This event is just like the last event.  Lots of fillers but pretty sure some of the are sleepers...  Besides the main event, Bruno Silva vs GM3 could be good and Landwehr vs Onama.

Anyway, I'm back and forth on who to pick for the main event.  Who you guys got?  Take note that San Diego is where Cruz is from.

There might be 2 fighters who are very much underestimated for this event. The Dominator Cruz and Angela Hill. Similar to what you have already mentioned, Cruz is from San Diego. Angela Hill is also from San Diego. I speculate that if they reach the decision, the judges might give questionable split decisions for the 2 of them. This is not very impossible in the UFC.

Also, another underestimated fighter also might be Iasmin Lucindo from Brazil. She is only 20 years old, however, she has more experience than her opponent.

Sure that could be a factor but if you watch Cruz's last couple of matches you'd see that he was knocked down 4 times.  Two vs Casey Kenny and another two vs Pedro Munhoz.  Vera is so durable and gets better and stronger as the fight progresses.  He's a 5 round fighter.  If the match was only three rounds I could see your argument for Cruz but it's not.  I could even see Vera getting the finish.  Cruz's chin is shot.

Here are my lottery tickets.

Onama - Osbourne at 1.85
Add:  Vera - Buday - Silva at 4.64
Add:  Quinlan - Godinez - Benitez at 10.66
Add:  Blackshear - Clark - Jauregi at 71.81
Add:  Nunes - Cachoeira 459.27

And here's the Multi Master.

UFC on ESPN 41 - Multi Master Challenge
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-on-espn-41-multi-master-challenge-saturday-5409263

Enjoy...
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
August 11, 2022, 02:26:04 AM

My bet is on Marlon Vera to win in main event, he is much younger and he has slight reach advantage in this fight.
He is coming from three wins after losing a fight against legend Jose Aldo in 2020, but he never lost a fight with KO or submission!
Best bet for me in this fight is that fight will go distance with all five rounds, maybe in combination with Very win if you want better odds.

Chito Vera is on point with his kicks and the variation of his side kicks is really amazing Chito Vera has high Intelligence when creating strikes sometimes on point, and that fight with Rob Font was really amazing, he has some success with his hook kicks, side kicks that is preferably hard to defend, and that Sean O'Malley fight that kicks from O'Malley's behind his knee that has severe the peroneal nerve for O'Malley's Leg that lost his dysfunction on his leg and for Marlon Vera to have knowledge about this because he said to the press-con, he surely can do it again, Dominick Cruz will surely need to be ready for this,

There might be 2 fighters who are very much underestimated for this event. The Dominator Cruz and Angela Hill. Similar to what you have already mentioned, Cruz is from San Diego. Angela Hill is also from San Diego. I speculate that if they reach the decision, the judges might give questionable split decisions for the 2 of them. This is not very impossible in the UFC.

Also, another underestimated fighter also might be Iasmin Lucindo from Brazil. She is only 20 years old, however, she has more experience than her opponent.

We can not avoid certainly that kind of thing for two individuals fighting there will be a favorable side and not so favorable ones, and I think this is certainly a good thing could surely choose not to bet or to still bet on it, for me, I am not underestimating Dominick Cruz, this is just my assessment that Marlon Chito Vera will surely win, Chito is an evolving fighter and still has a ceiling of improvement because of his young age,

The sexy fighting kitten Ariane Lipski the Violence Queen will be in this next event hehehehee.

The Beautiful Ariane Lipski, I wish this fight will not be canceled and would continue, For me, Ariane Lipski has more experience than Cachoeira and has a slight reach advantage, even though Priscila Cachoeira has the slight height advantage, and both have a purple belt on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Ariane Lipski has been on break since Sept 18, 2021, was her last fight, it is almost a year, now, and Cachoeira is pretty much active her last fight was February 26, 2022, but for me, I would still go with our Fighting kitty Ariane Lipski, maybe she is ready to get back at it again,

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
August 10, 2022, 11:16:36 PM
^  It's a shame that Grasso vs Araujo was cancelled.  That and the main event between Vera and Cruz are the only match ups worthy for a main card imho.  These other ones are good but for prelims.  This event is just like the last event.  Lots of fillers but pretty sure some of the are sleepers...  Besides the main event, Bruno Silva vs GM3 could be good and Landwehr vs Onama.

Anyway, I'm back and forth on who to pick for the main event.  Who you guys got?  Take note that San Diego is where Cruz is from.

And for me the fights you see there and that I have not erased are what for me is not able to look at, 1st was the Marlon Vera VS Dominick Cruz which for me Vera will really need to be more technical here, but will look further in details, 2nd Nate Landwehr VS David Onama, 3rd was Gerald Meerschaert VS Bruno Silva, and lastly the fitting kitten last event that has been canceled, Ariane Lipski VS Priscila Cachoeira,

The sexy fighting kitten Ariane Lipski the Violence Queen will be in this next event hehehehee.

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
August 10, 2022, 06:42:33 PM
Mmm after watching some tape, it's Vera's durability which makes me kinda lean on him.  And he's somewhat fast enough to evade some of Cruz's offense.  Cruz on the other hand is who I think is more well rounded between these guys.  He has a wrestling background, has good take downs, good foot work, good volume but not much power in those hands.  Vera has power and there's a possibility Vera could finish him at R4 or R5.  And watch Cruz vs Munhoz, I think Cruz's chin isn't what it used to...
My bet is on Marlon Vera to win in main event, he is much younger and he has slight reach advantage in this fight.
He is coming from three wins after losing a fight against legend Jose Aldo in 2020, but he never lost a fight with KO or submission!
Best bet for me in this fight is that fight will go distance with all five rounds, maybe in combination with Very win if you want better odds.
legendary
August 10, 2022, 06:37:36 PM
^  Mmm after watching some tape, it's Vera's durability which makes me kinda lean on him.  And he's somewhat fast enough to evade some of Cruz's offense.  Cruz on the other hand is who I think is more well rounded between these guys.  He has a wrestling background, has good take downs, good foot work, good volume but not much power in those hands.  Vera has power and there's a possibility Vera could finish him at R4 or R5.  And watch Cruz vs Munhoz, I think Cruz's chin isn't what it used to...

Well you're talking about wrestling, I am talking about grappling, for me, Marlon Vera is a more well-rounded Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and can finish his opponent both on Stand-up, Submission, or Decision, but well, Dominick Reyes, might be a good wrestler, and surely he would love to take down his opponent and finish it with a ground and pound, and surely Dominick Cruz is prone to be injured, I think he is the most injured fighter in the UFC, while Chito Vera is a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Cruz is a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu but we can not compare that to their level of experience while Vera doesn't have any background on Wrestling and Cruz has an extensive wrestling background training in amateur wrestling maybe Cruz is a more well-rounded guy than Chito Vera,

^  Mmm after watching some tape, it's Vera's durability which makes me kinda lean on him.  And he's somewhat fast enough to evade some of Cruz's offense.  Cruz on the other hand is who I think is more well rounded between these guys.  He has a wrestling background, has good take downs, good foot work, good volume but not much power in those hands.  Vera has power and there's a possibility Vera could finish him at R4 or R5.  And watch Cruz vs Munhoz, I think Cruz's chin isn't what it used to...

Vera it is! He is also known for relentless volume and has the cardio and power  to back it up. I don't see Dom Cruz going to win this fight unless he could throw shots with stroke of luck at the right time. He aged and have been injured many times. I reviewed his last fight he nearly lost against Pedro Munhoz.

Marlon Vera's record is mostly note-taking has 4 times Performance of the Night fights, with fighters  Roman Salazar, Brad Pickett, Andre Ewell, and Frankie Edgar, 3 times Fight of the Night versus  Song Yadong, Davey Grant, and Rob Font, and Most stoppage wins in UFC Bantamweight division history with 9 counts, but I think he can not underestimate Dominick Cruz just yet, and I just hope this fight never ends in an injury, I would love to see this ends well because both fighters is really deserve in winning this fight, but for me, I think Marlon Vera could win this aswell,
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
August 10, 2022, 11:11:42 AM

Vera it is! He is also known for relentless volume and has the cardio and power  to back it up. I don't see Dom Cruz going to win this fight unless he could throw shots with stroke of luck at the right time. He aged and have been injured many times. I reviewed his last fight he nearly lost against Pedro Munhoz.
legendary
August 10, 2022, 10:05:23 AM
legendary
August 10, 2022, 01:52:44 AM
I think I am blaming Izzy because he is champion. I am demanding something more from him, 200% in every fight, I give him no discounts. Like in video games, when you fight a final boss, you dont expect the fight to be as other fights against regular goons. It it always entertaining to watch Izzy before the fight, after the fight, when he is preparing or trashtalking. But when it comes to a fight, he is to cautious, he waits to counter strike.

From Russia MMA community: There was a tournament recently, where in finals two fighters from same gym met. Their fight looked more like sparring. Both fighters instead of dealing max damage or striking with full power, prefer to do punctuated beats. The crowd did not like that. Little remark, it was somewhere in Dagestan, or fighters were from Dagestan. People from there are hot blooded. Of course they dont like such main event fight. The fight saved president of that organization. He has entered the octagon, stopped the fight and claimed it as no contest. Fighters did not get bonuses and good rewards. Was this a right decision ? Towards fighters probably not, towards spectators, absolutely yes.

(this is a reply to Adesanya vs Romero fight, as you have mentioned them, and this fight was rather boring to warch)

Well, It is your right to blame any fighter that you think is not entertaining, and surely we all have different perspectives here, and I respect your opinion, it is just good that we are throwing at each other what we think about certain fighters, what we think about their style and skills, surely I am in no disposition to say what is right and what is wrong, but I think we all have our own understanding with things and I respect that,

Well I think in other places that kind of fight is really not tolerable and for a mad audience about the fight, I think the organizer should have done something about it, but it is still a different thing, an official match on the UFC and a fight outside the UFC is a pretty different thing aswell,

But I also agree with you that the Adesanya VS Romero fight was a kick-on-the-gut fight and it should not happen again, and Romero is just copying what Adesanya is doing which is very distasteful, and knowing how Yoel Romero fought, was really a spectacle to see,

I could see the main event being a scenario for a live bet for Vera.  Vera usually starts slow and gets better as the fight goes.  So being a 5 rounder could be in Vera's favor.  Earlier this year or was it late last year, Stunna of Stake said they were opening the MMA market for live betting this year.  But anyway...  Yeah, I guess live bet Vera after R1 or R2.

Here's some replays of both.

UFC Free Fight:  Cruz vs Munhoz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtcVHlSozlY

UFC Free Fight:  Vera vs Font
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH6tU2R8Sto

There's more replays for tape study in both MMACore sites.

https://www.mma-core.com/

https://mmacore.tv/

Have fun.  Wink

I could also say the same, right now Marlon Vera is used to a full 5th round fight and it also applies for Dominick Cruz, but for me, I am going with a well-rounded fighter, and that is Marlon Vera, and I haven't seen if there are a double bet event for Marlon Vera on this one for stake.com, I will look for it maybe I haven't seen it, but last fight with Alexa Grasso both Vera and Grasso have a special bonus when you would bet and win for them,

legendary
August 09, 2022, 05:15:12 PM
^  It's a shame that Grasso vs Araujo was cancelled.  That and the main event between Vera and Cruz are the only match ups worthy for a main card imho.  These other ones are good but for prelims.  This event is just like the last event.  Lots of fillers but pretty sure some of the are sleepers...  Besides the main event, Bruno Silva vs GM3 could be good and Landwehr vs Onama.

Anyway, I'm back and forth on who to pick for the main event.  Who you guys got?  Take note that San Diego is where Cruz is from.

Date:  Saturday, August 13
Main Card (PPV):  7:00pm EST
Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+):  4:00pm EST
Venue:  Pechanga Arena, San Diego, California, United States

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+)
Bantamweight:  Marlon Vera vs.   Dominick Cruz      
Featherweight:  Nate Landwehr vs David Onama
Middleweight:  Gerald Meerschaert vs Bruno Silva   

Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+)
Women's Bantamweight:  Ariane Lipski vs Priscila Cachoeira         

Well, it really happens and this time problem with her Visa was the cause, but I think we can still see her next event and Viviane Araújo hasn't fought another fighter aswell, so we can still see these two fight it out,

And for me the fights you see there and that I have not erased are what for me is not able to look at, 1st was the Marlon Vera VS Dominick Cruz which for me Vera will really need to be more technical here, but will look further in details, 2nd Nate Landwehr VS David Onama, 3rd was Gerald Meerschaert VS Bruno Silva, and lastly the fitting kitten last event that has been canceled, Ariane Lipski VS Priscila Cachoeira,

I could see the main event being a scenario for a live bet for Vera.  Vera usually starts slow and gets better as the fight goes.  So being a 5 rounder could be in Vera's favor.  Earlier this year or was it late last year, Stunna of Stake said they were opening the MMA market for live betting this year.  But anyway...  Yeah, I guess live bet Vera after R1 or R2.

Here's some replays of both.

UFC Free Fight:  Cruz vs Munhoz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtcVHlSozlY

UFC Free Fight:  Vera vs Font
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH6tU2R8Sto

There's more replays for tape study in both MMACore sites.

https://www.mma-core.com/

https://mmacore.tv/

Have fun.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1255
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
August 09, 2022, 04:11:50 PM
I'm not massively looking forward to the next event, but I'll likely combine a football, and UFC bet together. I will be here to watch this one all the way through at least.
Me neither but I think main event Vera vs Cruz will be interesting to watch.
One more fight worth watching from prelims is heavyweight fight Łukasz Brzeski vs Martin Buday, I remember people praising polish fighter Brzeski.

Yeah, I don't think he's got it like Usman. However, he's decent, and I remember liking him on the ultimate fighter. Seemed a decent person, but a little gun shy at times when in fights. I like him, and hope he does get a run going on in the UFC. I don't think he's champion material though, however that's alright not everyone is or needs to be challenger material.
He has the same blood like Kamaru so there is potential for him to be challenger in future, but he needs to prove this in next fights.
I can't judge him based only on one or two fights and I was more talking about his genetic predisposition, and Dana will use his connection with Kamaru for promotion, and I think he likes him.
Interesting to listen his post fight interview, he speaks perfect English language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUQ-pxRhpNc

donator
Activity: 4718
Merit: 4218
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
August 09, 2022, 03:43:33 PM
That was a nice left hook KO. From the looks of the punch it seemed like he didn’t even have much power behind it but it laid Neal out cold. I guess that shows you just how much power is behind every punch they throw.
Heavyweights have serious power and with one correct punch they can put anyone to sleep.
Francis Ngannou is good example but I wouldn't underestimate anyone from heavyweight division.
Mohammed Usman needs to pass next test in UFC before we can see how strong he is really, but I see he lost two fights so far one of them in PFL last year.

I wasn't saying any of those 200lbs+ guys couldn't sleep me with their left.  It just appeared to me that it was more of a punch thrown to gauge distance or setup a coming combination.  It didn't seem like the haymaker sleeper punch to put down a heavyweight.  Obviously it was though.  Sort of reminded me of the punch that McGregor knocked out Aldo with.  It looked like Aldo was throwing the harder shot from that exchange, but he didn't even hurt Connor and ended up on the floor.  The muscle memory on these fighters is something else.
legendary
August 09, 2022, 03:19:40 PM
I think I am blaming Izzy because he is champion. I am demanding something more from him, 200% in every fight, I give him no discounts. Like in video games, when you fight a final boss, you dont expect the fight to be as other fights against regular goons. It it always entertaining to watch Izzy before the fight, after the fight, when he is preparing or trashtalking. But when it comes to a fight, he is to cautious, he waits to counter strike.

From Russia MMA community: There was a tournament recently, where in finals two fighters from same gym met. Their fight looked more like sparring. Both fighters instead of dealing max damage or striking with full power, prefer to do punctuated beats. The crowd did not like that. Little remark, it was somewhere in Dagestan, or fighters were from Dagestan. People from there are hot blooded. Of course they dont like such main event fight. The fight saved president of that organization. He has entered the octagon, stopped the fight and claimed it as no contest. Fighters did not get bonuses and good rewards. Was this a right decision ? Towards fighters probably not, towards spectators, absolutely yes.

(this is a reply to Adesanya vs Romero fight, as you have mentioned them, and this fight was rather boring to warch)
legendary
August 09, 2022, 11:28:56 AM

Maybe boring was not the proper word, as my English is not that rich. I know the word dull, but that does not match perfectly also. Maybe a cocktail of boring, not entertaining enough, low dominant will be the right words to describe his fighting style in last fight. Maybe I am expecting a lot more from a division champion, then 5*5min fights. I just dont understand his cat and mouse games, until both of them gets exhausted. As a champion, I see a fighter that reads his opponent in first minutes, first round, adopt fighting style in second round and knocks or submits his opponent. That is persuasive win by a champion to me. But landing strikes for 5 rounds, getting damage and then win with help of judges. If there were no round limits, then they what, gonna fight for hours? Or do sparring ? Or show karate kata ?

Well I surely understand what you are saying and we surely have different opinions, and I also admit that Israel Adesanya is really not entertaining at times, he is constantly waiting for his opponent to strike, and when the time Yoel Romero also waited for him to strike the referee has scolded them that the judges needed to score a hit, but they are just taunting each other, pretty much a not so good fight for Israel Adesanya in my opinion, but when we look at some boxers who were hated because of their Style like Mayweather, this goes to prove that Israel Adesanya has picked the safest way possible for him in winning the fights, but yes it looks so boring for some fans to watch, and for some, it is still entertaining as long as Adesanya wins,

Adesanya's goal is to win, not to entertain you, or to run forward with a flurry of blows to make it interesting for you to watch the fight. He has a tactic that works for him that made him a champion and because he is a disciplined fighter he sticks to his strategy very well which allows him to remain a champion for a very long time. He has advantages that he skillfully uses, he knows how to work well at a distance and yes, his fights are often frankly boring, but I like Adesanya because he does what is best for him, and not for someone else.

Actually, his goal is to win and to entertain. If this is not an entertainment event, then there is no use to pay him that much. No entertainment, no spectators, no money. Simple rules of shows. If he does not want to entertain, then go back to gyms and fight in amateur fights. If you remember early their broadcasts, then you might also remember that there was a gladiator in an opening. Gladiators did not fight to win, they were entertainers.

"Disciplined fighter that sticks to his strategy". Ok, I agree with that. But 90% of UFC roster are disciplined guys that follow what their coach say. He is a champion - prove it on the ring, prove that you are better than others, knock your opponent out, so there will be no questions after the fight who is better and who is not. Skilful - prove it, show that you need only a minute to find breach in opponent defence and strike there. Instead of fighting for 25min and win because judges thought so. I bet you wont re-watch a football game, which has ended with 1-0 after a penalty on 90+4 minute, when both teams ball possession was 50% and that penalty was given under dubious circumstances and without help of VAR.

Both of you are correct and I like what you have said that his goal is to win and not to entertain, and TopTort777 has said that his goal is both to win and entertain, I think the right answer to this is up to Adesanya, he is the one who can surely say of what he wants, but for me, I am entertained in every fight he made, I have no issue what so ever with his style as long as he wins because I am a true fan, but seeing Alex Pereira has also made me a fan aswell but I am for Izzy, for their upcoming fight, because for me in my experience with watching the fights of Israel Adesanya, if we can blame someone for not giving us an entertaining fight I think we should blame both fighters because I believe, "it takes two to tango" and it is not only Izzy's fault but his opponent aswell for not getting into Israel Adesanya and make a Knockout win himself, for example, Jared Cannonier is the Cannon, and can surely knockout Adesanya for sure but why does he let Izzy do what he likes, I think many are blaming Izzy most of the time because he is the champion, but we don't really care about what his opponent did inside the octagon,
legendary
August 09, 2022, 09:07:14 AM
As a champion, I see a fighter that reads his opponent in first minutes, first round, adopt fighting style in second round and knocks or submits his opponent. That is persuasive win by a champion to me. But landing strikes for 5 rounds, getting damage and then win with help of judges. If there were no round limits, then they what, gonna fight for hours? Or do sparring ? Or show karate kata ?
Adesanya's goal is to win, not to entertain you, or to run forward with a flurry of blows to make it interesting for you to watch the fight. He has a tactic that works for him that made him a champion and because he is a disciplined fighter he sticks to his strategy very well which allows him to remain a champion for a very long time. He has advantages that he skillfully uses, he knows how to work well at a distance and yes, his fights are often frankly boring, but I like Adesanya because he does what is best for him, and not for someone else.

Actually, his goal is to win and to entertain. If this is not an entertainment event, then there is no use to pay him that much. No entertainment, no spectators, no money. Simple rules of shows. If he does not want to entertain, then go back to gyms and fight in amateur fights. If you remember early their broadcasts, then you might also remember that there was a gladiator in an opening. Gladiators did not fight to win, they were entertainers.

"Disciplined fighter that sticks to his strategy". Ok, I agree with that. But 90% of UFC roster are disciplined guys that follow what their coach say. He is a champion - prove it on the ring, prove that you are better than others, knock your opponent out, so there will be no questions after the fight who is better and who is not. Skilful - prove it, show that you need only a minute to find breach in opponent defence and strike there. Instead of fighting for 25min and win because judges thought so. I bet you wont re-watch a football game, which has ended with 1-0 after a penalty on 90+4 minute, when both teams ball possession was 50% and that penalty was given under dubious circumstances and without help of VAR.

Activity: 924
Merit: 728
August 09, 2022, 08:55:21 AM
Yeah, that's his fight strategy that work for him since he's not good in ground fight, but the interesting part is when his opponent want to force him to fight in ground, Adesanya always can escape it. The good thing about this strategy is he will get less damage and it mostly end via knockout since a single punch can put someone sleep and he only need to finish until the referee stopping the fight.
Activity: 910
Merit: 847
August 09, 2022, 07:23:40 AM
As a champion, I see a fighter that reads his opponent in first minutes, first round, adopt fighting style in second round and knocks or submits his opponent. That is persuasive win by a champion to me. But landing strikes for 5 rounds, getting damage and then win with help of judges. If there were no round limits, then they what, gonna fight for hours? Or do sparring ? Or show karate kata ?
Jump to: