Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 340. (Read 86064 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1403
Life, Love and Laughter...
December 07, 2021, 10:20:27 AM
Feels nice when you win something like sportsbet free bet for making UFC predictions, and now I have to use it wisely Wink
Great win for Jose Aldo that is putting him back on top for Bantamweight division with Petr Yan, TJ Dillashaw, Cory Sandhagen andf Sterling the fake champion.
It is possible we can see Petr Yan vs Sterling rematch and Jose Aldo could fight fight with one of two fighters above him in rankings.

Yup..  135 is becoming more interesting now.  Especially right after Yan vs Sterling match happens next year.  I guess match ups that should happen are Yan vs Sterling, Aldo vs Dillashaw and maybe Sandhagen vs Font..?  With the winner of Aldo vs Dillashaw going for the title against winner of Yan vs Sterling.  Should be good.  

And from all the match ups at 269 at first glance my leans which I think have value are Kai Kara-France at 2.21, Eryk Anders 2.18, Erin Blanchfield at 2.14 and Priscila Cachoeira at 4.10.  

UFC 269:  Embedded Ep 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZO7crIyU-w
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
December 06, 2021, 07:24:53 PM
^  Yup definitely a good card this weekend.  But ai hope it’s worth the PPV after what the Fight Night with Font vs Aldo showed.  It wasn’t really that much in name value but the bouts itself and how they turned out were really good.
This is one of the reasons I try to refrain from bashing on cards without the names, a lot of the times you get a lot of competitive fights due to the skill gap not being so large, obviously only sometimes, but you get some damn good fights. What you tend to get with the bigger fights is either both are on point, and its a war, but only one of them needs to be off that night, and its like a landslide. Look at Max Holloway, and Kattar, Holland vs Brunson, and I'm sure there's a bunch of other examples in recent memory. I'm refraining from the Poirier vs Conor example since I'm still pissed off I stayed up to watch him get his ankle snapped in the first round.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
December 06, 2021, 06:14:42 PM

UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier
December 11, 2021, at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, United States, part of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area.

I just have to see this fight! Oliveira is still very dangerous and he can definitely achieve a lot more, but in my opinion his best time is behind him. Poirier, on the other hand, is on the wave and, driven by successes, should defeat Oliveira. It will definitely be a great fight!

The main event and Co-main event for me is worth watching, I will surely give my picks regarding the main and the Co-Main events, and that is the Charles Oliveira VS Dustin Poirier, Amanda Nunes VS Julianna Peña, and with the addition of Ryan Hall VS Darrick Minner to see if Ryan hall have upped his game from his last fight

Strange that UFC did not edit poster. Masvidal vs Edwards wont fight due to Masvidals injury (which is unknown). UFC would better put that poodle, sorry O'Malley on the poster.

This event is one of rare cases, when every fight in main card is worth watching. Specially lightweight fight. Lightweight imho is most competitive weight in UFC right now.

yup! I haven't seen another poster so I have used this one, and I am curious about how Masvidals injury is still unknown there's something suspicious about it that I want to think about but I really want a Leon Edwards VS Khamzat Chimaev to happen but that's going to wait.

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
December 06, 2021, 06:11:54 PM
Feels nice when you win something like sportsbet free bet for making UFC predictions, and now I have to use it wisely Wink

Sorry for the little off top, but I would also very much like to take part in such a competition. Could you please tell us where to get / win free bets at UFC fights?

As for Aldo, I think only few people expected a different result Wink
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
December 06, 2021, 05:59:44 PM
Great win for Jose Aldo that is putting him back on top for Bantamweight division with Petr Yan, TJ Dillashaw, Cory Sandhagen andf Sterling the fake champion.
It is possible we can see Petr Yan vs Sterling rematch and Jose Aldo could fight fight with one of two fighters above him in rankings.
December 06, 2021, 05:02:53 PM
Strange that UFC did not edit poster. Masvidal vs Edwards wont fight due to Masvidals injury (which is unknown). UFC would better put that poodle, sorry O'Malley on the poster.

This event is one of rare cases, when every fight in main card is worth watching. Specially lightweight fight. Lightweight imho is most competitive weight in UFC right now.

I also believe that the Lightweight division is the strongest at the moment. It is definitely the best one to watch in my opinion. Of course, Heavyweight will always be the royal category, but when it comes to the number of fighters with championship skills, Lightweight is definitely the best.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1448
December 06, 2021, 04:08:33 PM

December 06, 2021, 03:19:51 PM

December 11, 2021, at T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, United States, part of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area.

I just have to see this fight! Oliveira is still very dangerous and he can definitely achieve a lot more, but in my opinion his best time is behind him. Poirier, on the other hand, is on the wave and, driven by successes, should defeat Oliveira. It will definitely be a great fight!
legendary
December 06, 2021, 02:25:15 PM
Now that the recent event is settled with Jose Aldo winning here is a great event that is worth catching a glimpse

Main Card

Lightweight   Charles Oliveira    vs.   Dustin Poirier            
Women's Bantamweight   Amanda Nunes    vs.   Julianna Peña
Welterweight   Geoff Neal   vs.   Santiago Ponzinibbio            
Flyweight   Kai Kara-France   vs.   Cody Garbrandt            
Bantamweight   Raulian Paiva   vs.   Sean O'Malley   

Preliminary Card

Featherweight   Josh Emmett   vs.   Dan Ige            
Bantamweight   Dominick Cruz   vs.   Pedro Munhoz            
Heavyweight   Augusto Sakai   vs.   Tai Tuivasa            
Middleweight   Jordan Wright   vs.   Bruno Silva   

Early Preliminary Card

Middleweight   André Muniz   vs.   Eryk Anders            
Women's Flyweight   Erin Blanchfield   vs.   Miranda Maverick            
Flyweight   Alex Perez   vs.   Matt Schnell            
Featherweight   Ryan Hall   vs.   Darrick Minner            
Bantamweight   Randy Costa   vs.   Tony Kelley            
Women's Flyweight   Gillian Robertson   vs.   Priscila Cachoeira   

Information was on WIKI.
legendary
December 06, 2021, 11:51:24 AM
^  Yup definitely a good card this weekend.  But ai hope it’s worth the PPV after what the Fight Night with Font vs Aldo showed.  It wasn’t really that much in name value but the bouts itself and how they turned out were really good.

Here’s a vid.  Wink  One of the things I like forward to at every PPV event.

UFC 269 Countdown:  Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0G2dJDch0s

But the match ups are kinda chalky tho from a betting perspective.  It could be a parlay type of card.  Dunno.. 

Match up to watch is Bruno Silva vs Jordan Wright.  Lol.  It prolly won’t reach R2.  Cheesy
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
December 06, 2021, 09:22:53 AM
The big event is this weekend! I'm really looking forward to this fight night. Ryan Hall, Poirier vs Oliveria, and to be honest a stacked card right down to the preliminary fights. I don't think I'll be placing a bet on the main event though, unless I go for the odds on Oliveria as I do believe its much closer than a lot of people think.

But I'm especially glad that I was right about Clay Guida, "a caveman", as he is called sometimes. Few people believed in his victory, but I did. Smiley I like betting on the underdog. Now I regret that I didn't bet on Chris Curtis. I just didn't have the balls. And he won! Damn.
Personally, I think Guida's win is the most impressive win of the night. I know Aldo absolutely outclassed Font in the main event, but I was definitely more impressed with Guida getting the win. I can't say I would have put money on him winning that fight. Impressive stuff.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
December 06, 2021, 07:54:04 AM
And the full results are as follows

~
Thanks for sharing! I wasn't able to watch any fights this time, so I was just reading this article to find out what happened, and then I saw your post. Very helpful. All the needed info in one place.

So, this time I got 8 of them right:

15)  Jose Aldo
14)  Rafael Fiziev
13)  Clay Guida
12)  Jamahal Hill
11)  Brendan Allen
10)  Bryan Barberena
9)  Dusko Todorovic
8 )  Zhalgas Zhumagulov
7)  Jake Matthews
6)  Cheyanne Buys
5)  Alonzo Menifield
4)  Chris Gruetzemacher
3)  Azamat Murzakanov
2)  Alex Morono
1)  Louis Smolka

But I'm especially glad that I was right about Clay Guida, "a caveman", as he is called sometimes. Few people believed in his victory, but I did. Smiley I like betting on the underdog. Now I regret that I didn't bet on Chris Curtis. I just didn't have the balls. And he won! Damn.

Glad to help buddy, I try to post results after every fight for the folks that can't/wont watch. I suggest you take a look at bloodyelbow.com, they have the most detailed fight coverage out of you watching the fight. And they sum it up really nicely so it's not a long read. Also check out Luke Thomas YT channel where you can get a more detailed breakdown of some of the recent events.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
December 06, 2021, 07:42:47 AM

~
Thanks for sharing! I wasn't able to watch any fights this time, so I was just reading this article to find out what happened, and then I saw your post. Very helpful. All the needed info in one place.

So, this time I got 8 of them right:

15)  Jose Aldo
14)  Rafael Fiziev
13)  Clay Guida
12)  Jamahal Hill
11)  Brendan Allen
10)  Bryan Barberena
9)  Dusko Todorovic
8 )  Zhalgas Zhumagulov
7)  Jake Matthews
6)  Cheyanne Buys
5)  Alonzo Menifield
4)  Chris Gruetzemacher
3)  Azamat Murzakanov
2)  Alex Morono
1)  Louis Smolka

legendary
December 05, 2021, 02:39:46 PM
Rob Font vs Jose Aldo

Jose Aldo's performance was really great, I can say he surely dominated Rob Font from that fight, I really think Aldo has outclassed Rob Font when it comes to boxing, at 1st round Aldo was really great in countering Font, then Font adjusted and gave faint punches to Aldo, but it not lasted I think if Rob Font continue that Faints he is catching Aldo with that adjustments but he didn't pursue that and Jose Aldo then starts to give leg kicks that outbalance Font, I say Aldo's leg kicks were superb, but Rob Font is not really checking Aldo's leg kicks he isn't prepared but Aldo'didn't used his leg kicks in winning he outmatched Font with boxing and that is really amazing.
December 05, 2021, 01:46:47 PM
I missed the fight card but after seeing the results, i am surprised that Jose Aldo is still winning fights and he will once again fight for the title and probably win the belt at 135 pound division. Another surprise was Clay Guida still fighting and winning the fight by submission, if i watched the fight i would have placed a bet against him as he is in the fight game for a long time and was on a loosing streak and another fighter is Mickey Gall who had the hype defeated CM Punk and now he is on a loosing streak.

I mean, even after the Conor loss, Aldo has been a threat in that division. He has never really fallen that much imho. and I really thought Gall had the chops to do good in the UFC, but I was wrong.

Yup but match ups he’ll be having after Riddell will be way tougher now.  That light weight top 10 is stacked!  And Aldo isn’t really that old of you look at it.  He’s prolly a bit past his prime but not really washed...  Still a top 5 guy at 135 and even 145 imho.

No no, def not washed out, but I was referring to the fact that lighter divisions tend to have their prime fighters at a much younger age than the heavier divisions. Now, don't kill me about this, I might be talking out of my ass, but I think it's because of the pace of fighting in the lighter divisions? Correct me on this, please.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1232
December 05, 2021, 12:21:17 PM
~
Gotta hand it to Fiziev, pulling out that spinning wheel kick...that takes some balls to do. But when it gets pulled off, it's an instant highlight. Also, Aldo is on a mini winning streak. That man is still going strong after going past his prime years (due to the weight calls he's in).
I missed the fight card but after seeing the results, i am surprised that Jose Aldo is still winning fights and he will once again fight for the title and probably win the belt at 135 pound division. Another surprise was Clay Guida still fighting and winning the fight by submission, if i watched the fight i would have placed a bet against him as he is in the fight game for a long time and was on a loosing streak and another fighter is Mickey Gall who had the hype defeated CM Punk and now he is on a loosing streak.

Although I did not have the opportunity to watch the match live, I watched the whole card without looking at the results. There were very surprising results on the main board. Jamahal Hill TKO's Jimmy Crute in 48 seconds, just 2 hooks and that's it. Fiziev's spinning kick was very impressive. Although Santos started the match very well in Leonardo Santos-Guida match, Guida made a comfortable comeback afterward, Santos gasped in 2 minutes, wasn't he ashamed to go to the cage with this cardio, what was the problem?

In the main match, there was a very enjoyable mutual rivalry. The winner was Aldo. His hits with his right arm were very strong.
legendary
December 05, 2021, 10:21:12 AM

Gotta hand it to Fiziev, pulling out that spinning wheel kick...that takes some balls to do. But when it gets pulled off, it's an instant highlight. Also, Aldo is on a mini winning streak. That man is still going strong after going past his prime years (due to the weight calls he's in).

Yup but match ups he’ll be having after Riddell will be way tougher now.  That light weight top 10 is stacked!  And Aldo isn’t really that old of you look at it.  He’s prolly a bit past his prime but not really washed...  Still a top 5 guy at 135 and even 145 imho.

Anyway for a just a Fight Night event the matches were really good!  There were 4 performances of the night, all finishes.

http://ufcstats.com/event-details/509697e08673d2e5

It could even be better than UFC 269.  I feel like it’s not gonna be worth it for a PPV.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
December 05, 2021, 07:36:50 AM
~
December 05, 2021, 07:31:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
December 04, 2021, 05:32:03 PM
Few more hours until start of UFC Vegas 44 Rob Font vs Jose Aldo prelims, and I think that you still have time to place your predictions for Sportsbet Multi Master Challenge:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-vegas-44-multi-master-challenge-12421-5374619
Jump to: