Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to stand up to the XT shills here! - page 4. (Read 10598 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
November 09, 2015, 12:15:31 PM

By the way your forum "forks" are nothing but unproductive circlejerks.

When I compare those threads with yours, I know who is unproductive and who is productive:

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/

Please tell me you didn't just linked me to the Bitcoin Unlimited thread, a spherical cow pipedream that's never going to see the light of the day  Cheesy

Who's going to develop it, Peter R & cypherdoc ?

The devs.
Your unproductive fulltime brabbling here will never result in anything useful but the opposite: You and your alikes are the best enemies of core. You are doing great, together with the mods. Go on! Or do you think Adam should be happy with such 'help'?

I'm doing my job supporting Bitcoin, running my node and buying coins.

You, on the other hand are promoting contentious forks from incompetent individuals. I wouldn't say that's productive now, would ya?

he probably does not even have a full coin... Roll Eyes

Both of you joined the forum around alltime high price. Must be the reason why you are so angry and notoriously attacking ad hominem.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 09, 2015, 12:06:53 PM

When I compare those threads with yours, I know who is unproductive and who is productive:

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/bitcoin-unlimited-ideas-arguments-and-proposals.123/

Please tell me you didn't just linked me to the Bitcoin Unlimited thread, a spherical cow pipedream that's never going to see the light of the day  Cheesy

The devs.
Your unproductive fulltime brabbling here will never result in anything useful but the opposite: You and your alikes are the best enemies of core. You are doing great, together with the mods. Go on! Or do you think Adam should be happy with such 'help'?

You, on the other hand are promoting contentious forks from incompetent individuals. I wouldn't say that's productive now, would ya?

he probably does not even have a full coin... Roll Eyes
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
November 09, 2015, 12:05:20 PM

Please tell me you didn't just linked me to the Bitcoin Unlimited thread, a spherical cow pipedream that's never going to see the light of the day  Cheesy

The devs.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
November 09, 2015, 12:03:38 PM
Im all up for free discussion, but XT is shit. It is not only against the decentralization of nodes principle as above everything else (the most fundamental one), but it as all the dodgy anti anonymity features as well (the fishy anti TOR code..)
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
November 09, 2015, 12:02:36 PM
XT Guru: "Hey - Satoshi - you've got a great idea there. Now to make it really appeal we should engineer it so that rather than caring about boring things like changing the world's remittance or settlement systems we should focus on teens getting paid to make pointless posts on forums so they can later buy coffees at Starbucks."

Satoshi: "Wow - I never would have come up with that idea - pure genius. You should be the CEO of Bitcoin!"
November 09, 2015, 12:02:11 PM
More than 4000 unconfirmed transactions, total size 3382.8271 (KB), latest blocks very near 1MB.

https://blockchain.info/en/unconfirmed-transactions

I wouldn't call this "barely any activity on the network."

Yep, mostly uneconomic spam not valuable enough for their sender to include a reasonable fee.
legendary
November 09, 2015, 12:00:03 PM

Please tell me you didn't just linked me to the Bitcoin Unlimited thread, a spherical cow pipedream that's never going to see the light of the day  Cheesy

The devs.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
November 09, 2015, 11:58:14 AM
More than 4000 unconfirmed transactions, total size 3382.8271 (KB), latest blocks very near 1MB.

https://blockchain.info/en/unconfirmed-transactions

I wouldn't call this "barely any activity on the network."
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
November 09, 2015, 11:55:44 AM
err.. Bit rich Ciyam, since you started this 'with us against us' thread !?

Funny - as I'm not on any side (am just against the XT shilling and Mike Hearn's approach).

It is the XT supporters that are demanding people to "take sides" (and attacking anyone that isn't on theirs but it would be better if the ad-homs were not being used by anyone).

It's not the big block supporters who are censoring, banning, DDoSing.

The problem with XTcoiners is that they are so absorbed from worshiping their gurus Mike Hearn and Gavin Andresen that they are unable to notice any well-thought-out alternatives.

Another problem is their disability to distinguish between Bitcoin and altcoins. So they come over loaded with spiritual emotions about the XTcoin prophecy and post in Bitcoin forums. They can not understand that XTcoin simply is not a topic there, because their religious leaders told them that the word of XTcoin should be spread everywhere. So they cannot cope with disapproval.

Let us all pause for a moment to think of their great misery.

ya.ya.yo!
November 09, 2015, 11:52:53 AM

Not liking XT does not equate to not supporting larger blocks - you do realise that there are several BIPs for bigger blocks?

(again you are a typical XT shill who just pretends that BIP101 is the only bigger block proposal out there)

If Mike Hearn wasn't doing things like refusing to go to meetups with core developers, miners and major businesses then maybe he would have more credibility but instead he keeps on pushing to become the CEO of Bitcoin which it appears very few people apart from Coinbase want.

Which BIP has been chosen?

Where can see the tests? How soon will it enter the main network?

Roll Eyes gimme a break. BIP101 was barely tested.

why do you seem to be in a such a hurry?

Because I'm waiting for a confirmation for the last 3 hours and there are 3MB in unconfirmed transactions...

We need the upgrade now!

And why are you so relaxed?

So you acknowledge that there is barely any activity on the network yet you suggest something is wrong because your transaction is not getting through....

Raising the blocksize is gonna help how..?
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:52:40 AM
Dude, even if everyone payed 1 bitcoin fee the problem is still there, there's not enough room for all the transactions!

Seriously - this isn't the 1980's (even though I grew up then).

The blocks are half empty mostly for weeks now - so what on earth are you talking about?

(and if they are full at times then it would be due to another attack that is just involving tiny amounts that could easily just be ignored if need be)
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:51:26 AM
Because I'm waiting for a confirmation for the last 3 hours and there are 3MB in unconfirmed transactions...

Try paying a fee and not using ad-sig campaigns or faucets or the like to get your coins (which I presume are mostly actually *dust*).

Satoshi never mentioned that Bitcoin should be engineered in a way to suit people to make money from posting rubbish on forums.

You must be a genius!

Dude, even if everyone payed a fee of 1 bitcoin the problem is still there, there's not enough room for all the transactions!
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:49:37 AM

Try paying a fee and not using ad-sig campaigns and the like to get your coins (which I presume are mostly actually close to *dust* amounts).

Satoshi never mentioned that Bitcoin should be engineered in a way to suit people to make money from posting rubbish on forums.
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:48:27 AM

Not liking XT does not equate to not supporting larger blocks - you do realise that there are several BIPs for bigger blocks?

(again you are a typical XT shill who just pretends that BIP101 is the only bigger block proposal out there)

If Mike Hearn wasn't doing things like refusing to go to meetups with core developers, miners and major businesses then maybe he would have more credibility but instead he keeps on pushing to become the CEO of Bitcoin which it appears very few people apart from Coinbase want.

We need the upgrade now!

And why are you so relaxed?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 09, 2015, 11:47:21 AM

ayy lmao

I will keep using XT unless the people behind Unlimited manage to get dozens of developers, companies and mining pools to support their version.
I think it's not realistic right now and we should work together on XT.
If we ever need more than 8GB I'm all in favour of completely removing the limit (I think companies like Coinbase & Circle will make that unnecessary)

impressive! Cheesy

November 09, 2015, 11:46:56 AM

legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:45:48 AM

Wrong, I am a typical BU 'shill'.
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:43:56 AM

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
November 09, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
fork without consensus is simple meaning economical disaster for bitcoin ecosystem. this is something that can understand even a child. For that is very suspicious the hijack movement from Mike Hearn and Gavin.
Take a look and this course about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AikLs1P4_PA
November 09, 2015, 11:42:15 AM

Pages:
Jump to: