Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to stand up to the XT shills here! - page 9. (Read 10598 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 08, 2015, 07:14:58 PM
Another idiot making stupid statement.

LOL at "hostile takeover "

Like did he put a gun to your fcking head?

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what the attempt was.  They wanted to force a hard fork, move everyone to their version, then according to them begin setting up blacklists, and god knows what.  They were doing this for the betterment of their selves, not bitcoin.

Thankfully they fell flat on their face, as the miners have already voted, and they don't give a shit about XT.

Hardfork must happen if you want to change blocksize.

BIP101 is an implementation of a solution. The issue has been debated for 2 yrs that goes no where. The group of ppl who block any proposals are hired and working on Blockstream which competes directly with Bitcoin for growing.

The rest of your posts are nothing but FUD, ie. blacklist and "god knows what"

This has been discussed thousands times. But i'm sure some cluless noobs will fall for all the FUD threads.

you are the one spreading fud.

bitcoin is perfectly working as of now - and despite the spam attacks it undertook.

and for the thousand time, blocksize is irrelevant to scaling effectively.

but i agree you should fork off already.

the sooner the better. noob.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 08, 2015, 06:58:13 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what the attempt was.  They wanted to force a hard fork, move everyone to their version, then according to them begin setting up blacklists, and god knows what.  They were doing this for the betterment of their selves, not bitcoin.

Thankfully they fell flat on their face, as the miners have already voted, and they don't give a shit about XT.

Hardfork must happen if you want to change blocksize.

BIP101 is an implementation of a solution. The issue has been debated for 2 yrs that goes no where. The group of ppl who block any proposals are hired and working on Blockstream which competes directly with Bitcoin for growing.

The rest of your posts are nothing but FUD, ie. blacklist and "god knows what"

This has been discussed thousands times. But i'm sure some cluless noobs will fall for all the FUD threads.
Activity: 318
Merit: 251
November 08, 2015, 06:50:30 PM

November 08, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
I would like to have a rational explanation about why you poeple think free choices but be fighted. And how does that fit bitcoin vision.

If you would stop shilling and enter into a discussion then maybe that would be possible.

How a discussion is possible with people unwilling to move an inch in a timely mater?
There's nothing to discuss at this point to be honest. Big blocks centralize Bitcoin, no one wants a centralized Bitcoin unless you are clueless or you have an hidden agenda to weaken Bitcoin. Those are the two only options.

For crying out loud, this has been said a million times.

5000 nodes means it already centralized, ppl who are running full nodes can still run full nodes with big blocks. But thats only in running full nodes.

However without having big blocks or having bandwidth as another parameter in mining, mining is way too centralized which is a bigger problem.

The last part in your post is just a poor piss attempt to attack, frankly it makes you look clueless.
November 08, 2015, 06:44:52 PM
Totally against it here.  Mike and Gavin can sit and spin.

I don't know who they think they are to basically try a hostile takeover of the world's first (popular) crypto-currency, but that's a pretty shitty move on their part.  There's only a few things in life you simply don't do, and this is one of them.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 08, 2015, 06:43:24 PM
I would like to have a rational explanation about why you poeple think free choices but be fighted. And how does that fit bitcoin vision.

If you would stop shilling and enter into a discussion then maybe that would be possible.

How a discussion is possible with people unwilling to move an inch in a timely mater?
There's nothing to discuss at this point to be honest. Big blocks centralize Bitcoin, no one wants a centralized Bitcoin unless you are clueless or you have an hidden agenda to weaken Bitcoin. Those are the two only options.
Activity: 318
Merit: 251
November 08, 2015, 06:41:44 PM
Totally against it here.  Mike and Gavin can sit and spin.

I don't know who they think they are to basically try a hostile takeover of the world's first (popular) crypto-currency, but that's a pretty shitty move on their part.  There's only a few things in life you simply don't do, and this is one of them.
November 08, 2015, 06:41:39 PM
Why is not the opposite?  Roll Eyes

How about you quote the misinformation rather than just making such statements?

Basically I think we are all getting sick and tired of the XT shills that don't even understand the technical arguments but just seemingly want to have Mike Hearn as their leader.

And what are your "technical arguments" ?

In contrast, statements like ".... just seemingly want to have Mike Hearn as their leader." are nothing but proves you're an idiot.

BIP101 does not make anyone a leader.

What a hypocrite prick!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
November 08, 2015, 06:24:20 PM
ever wondered how you gain 'lolcow' points in the bitcoin technical community: look no further!

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6579

Hearn: "But But But Muh Preshush SPVEEEEEEEEE connectshunz!!!111!"

Everyone else: "Bwah-ha-ha-haw-haw!!!"
November 08, 2015, 06:13:13 PM
wow...  Cry

Of ALL people.. I can't believe you started this 'lynch-mob' thread Ciyam..

You're better than this.

I know hes that low. I'm not shocked at all.
November 08, 2015, 06:12:26 PM
If it will happen, it will be because the whole market will want it, deal with it.
The main issue as hand here is not freedom of choice but manipulation through various schemes in order to recruit as many people as possible. This is not the "will" of the users, nor what the market wants. The average joe is easy to be fooled and this is what made XT gain traction. I just can not comprehend how anyone with any common sense would want to join a person who wants to be a benevolent dictator in a decentralized system. This is not false information both Hearn and Gavin have said it at least once.

Miners will not move on something that doesn't accept their money, or they could just move/jump on another altcoin everyday already (which they obviously didn't)
You're talking about a drastic situation which will not happen. A lot of people would be using Core even if this "industry" moves to XT. There's going to be plenty of people for miners to sell to. I doubt that even if XT succeeds in any way, that the usage of Core will come down to near 0.

Wow .....

Adapting one BIP does not mean joining anyone's group or gang.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.
Activity: 718
Merit: 545
November 08, 2015, 03:10:20 PM
wow...  Cry

Of ALL people.. I can't believe you started this 'lynch-mob' thread Ciyam..

You're better than this.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
November 08, 2015, 02:42:30 PM
LOL, I'll wait to se how a miner can make a double spend cheaper my making just six blocks in a row (or more)  over 1MB.

Yeah, I'm the one that need to study, sure.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
November 08, 2015, 02:38:56 PM
Yeah lets be totalitarian. It sure does fit bitcoin's vision  Roll Eyes
Ye, topic author is a little bit delusional, he thinks his thinking is one true version of reality and everyone should think like him  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 08, 2015, 02:38:37 PM
It is just the same, the oldest advice ever on Bitcoin is to accept minimum 6 confirmations  Roll Eyes

I give up.

You clearly have much reading and study to do on how bitcoin works.

I hope that you take this opportunity to do some research so you don't look like either: you don't know what you are talking about. or shifting the goal-posts in your debates.

let him just fork off, moving from BS to action.

maybe even get a mod spot at this joke of a forum them wannabes got up and running to promote their corporations.

legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
November 08, 2015, 02:36:20 PM
It is just the same, the oldest advice ever on Bitcoin is to accept minimum 6 confirmations  Roll Eyes

I give up.

You clearly have much reading and study to do on how bitcoin works.

I hope that you take this opportunity to do some research so you don't look like either: you don't know what you are talking about. or shifting the goal-posts in your debates.
staff
November 08, 2015, 02:32:05 PM

I give up.
legendary
Live and Let Live
November 08, 2015, 02:25:03 PM
So it's the same problem that we add with all past forks Roll Eyes

It's better to not accept high value transactions during the forks, what a news!

Er. No.  If such an attack against XT as I described here:

You are right, but the choice is still in the hands of the users, and not on something else (like a bunch of devs)
BIP101 can't activate without the majority of nodes (and exchanges, payment processors, services ...) and miners.

No BIP101 (as coded in Bitcoin XT) will activate when 75% of the blocks flag it.  The miners being honest or dishonest is not relevant.

Bitcoin XT activation of BIP101 doesn't depend on "exchanges, payment processors, services ..." (or anything else).

You are not correct with your statement.  For example, 76% of the miners may choose to fuck-over the Bitcoin XT nodes, by falsely flagging BIP101 -  Then opening up the XT nodes to cheap double spend attacks whenever they (or anyone) wants.

happened, then the Bitcoin XT nodes would be forever vulnerable, while the Bitcoin Core nodes would experience no loss in security.

This is clearly not what happened in the previous forks.
staff
November 08, 2015, 02:21:41 PM
So it's the same problem that we add with all past forks Roll Eyes

It's better to not accept high value transactions during the forks, what a news!
legendary
Live and Let Live
November 08, 2015, 02:15:11 PM
Any XT node would could be tricked into accepting a block ...
Again how much costs this attack? How much costs making a block bigger than 1 MB?  Roll Eyes

It cost the same 25BTC to make 1MB block or 8MB block.

The difference is that if an attacker is trying to scam a example 200BTC double spend, then it is far more reliable and simple to do it against a XT node that would accept a 8MB block, while the rest of the network rejects it.

Again, your posts show you don't understand the Bitcoin Security Threat Model very deeply at all.
Pages:
Jump to: