Pages:
Author

Topic: Time to stand up to the XT shills here! - page 5. (Read 10601 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
November 09, 2015, 11:40:36 AM
It's not the big block supporters who are censoring, banning, DDoSing.

Not liking XT does not equate to not supporting larger blocks - you do realise that there are several BIPs for bigger blocks?

(again you are a typical XT shill who just pretends that BIP101 is the only bigger block proposal out there)

If Mike Hearn wasn't doing things like refusing to go to meetups with core developers, miners and major businesses then maybe he would have more credibility but instead he keeps on pushing to become the CEO of Bitcoin which it appears very few people apart from Coinbase want.

Which BIP has been chosen?

Where can see the tests? How soon will it enter the main network?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
November 09, 2015, 11:35:03 AM

Not liking XT does not equate to not supporting larger blocks - you do realise that there are several BIPs for bigger blocks?

(again you are a typical XT shill who just pretends that BIP101 is the only bigger block proposal out there)

If Mike Hearn wasn't doing things like refusing to go to meetups with core developers, miners and major businesses then maybe he would have more credibility but instead he keeps on pushing to become the CEO of Bitcoin which it appears very few people apart from Coinbase want.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
November 09, 2015, 11:33:38 AM
err.. Bit rich Ciyam, since you started this 'with us against us' thread !?

Funny - as I'm not on any side (am just against the XT shilling and Mike Hearn's approach).

It is the XT supporters that are demanding people to "take sides" (and attacking anyone that isn't on theirs but it would be better if the ad-homs were not being used by anyone).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
November 09, 2015, 11:31:48 AM

Funny - as I'm not on any side (am just against the XT shilling and Mike Hearn's approach).

It is the XT supporters that are demanding people to "take sides" (and attacking anyone that isn't on theirs but it would be better if the ad-homs were not being used by anyone).

November 09, 2015, 11:30:31 AM

edit: and this zarahustra shill is a tiny wheeny piece of lying fucking shit.

Great to know the ad-hominem 'Bitcoiners' on the core side. If you have such friends and cheerleaders you don't need enemies anymore.

Hypocrite much?

Unfortunately it's true that the blockstream cheerleaders here applauded DDoS attacks against XT Nodes.

XT is an attack on Bitcoin. Don't be so surprised if there are collateral damage within the minority XT faction.

Blockstream is an attack on Bitcoin development; a take over. That's the reason why development is forking and decentralizing.
The mod behavior is also an attack on Bitcoin. That's the reason why the forums are forking and decentralizing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trendingsubreddits/comments/3s0i89/trending_subreddits_for_20151108_rbtc/

Sometimes, bad behavior determines good results.

Someone apparently didn't get the notice...

40 commits to the Core GitHub repo since the beginning on the month.

Last XT commit was October 23rd  Cheesy Cheesy

By the way your forum "forks" are nothing but unproductive circlejerks.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
November 09, 2015, 11:28:25 AM

This kind of "if you are not with us you are against us" attitude is exactly why so many of us are sick and tired of Mike Hearn (who has stated he won't attend the block size meetup in December because it would be "a waste of his time").

What is needed is a well thought out and well supported (by miners, developers, businesses and users) way forward rather than a hostile takeover attempt involving misinformation and alarmist claims.

I was actually rather amazed that Gavin had got himself so involved with this although it appears that more recently he is less so.

The way he brushed off Adam's hand, shows me that he wants his way or the highway. I just want us to get on with business and forget about these power trips and self interest.

They know attending the meetup will not influence the crowd there. They played in their backyard and going to a foreign country, where the majority of the people attending

would most probably be against their proposal, would not be beneficial. You chose your fights selectively, or you get your ass kicked.  Roll Eyes
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
So - if nothing else, I think this 'discussion' has shown that actually the XT Shills, are actually 'Bigger Block' Shills.

Actually - they are not - and that is exactly what this topic has demonstrated.

Mention any other BIP to do with increasing block size and the XT shills immediately attack it (i.e. there is only one way to increase block size and that is the BIP101 way).

It is amusing that the shills keep saying "we are just wanting bigger blocks" but as soon as any other suggestion to do that is mentioned they want to "shoot it down in flames".

This is why these people are clearly *shills* rather than being supporters of bigger blocks.
Activity: 718
Merit: 545
November 09, 2015, 11:23:10 AM

I'm not too fussed if the block size is increased somewhat (although I do think that BIP101 is too much and aiming to predict too far into the future).

OK.

So - if nothing else, I think this 'discussion' has shown that the XT Shills, are actually 'Bigger Blocks' Shills.

And that it is by no means certain that either camp is right with regard to that. (Unless I missed the post with the infallible argument)

That may clear up a lot of the confusion regarding worshipping Hearn, blacklists, and all the other nonsense people are bandying around..

Smiley
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

Great to know the ad-hominem 'Bitcoiners' on the core side. If you have such friends and cheerleaders you don't need enemies anymore.

Hypocrite much?

Unfortunately it's true that the blockstream cheerleaders here applauded DDoS attacks against XT Nodes.

XT is an attack on Bitcoin. Don't be so surprised if there are collateral damage within the minority XT faction.

Blockstream is an attack on Bitcoin development; a take over. That's the reason why development is forking and decentralizing.
The mod behavior is also an attack on Bitcoin. That's the reason why the forums are forking and decentralizing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/trendingsubreddits/comments/3s0i89/trending_subreddits_for_20151108_rbtc/

Sometimes, bad behavior determines good results.
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:16:24 AM

I'm not too fussed if the block size is increased somewhat (although I do think that BIP101 is too much and aiming to predict too far into the future).

If it wasn't for Mike Hearn and his agenda to be the CEO of Bitcoin then perhaps I'd even accept BIP101 (assuming it had widespread support - which it doesn't and that isn't just because of Hearn - it is because it is not a good solution).
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 09, 2015, 11:15:28 AM
afaik the only people loosing are the Xt boysband so far.

legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:13:42 AM

Great to know the ad-hominem 'Bitcoiners' on the small blockers side. If you have such friends and cheerleaders you don't need enemies anymore.

yea thats free fees ad homs, way better than some frappucinos!! Cheesy Kiss

2 years ago when you've been 16 years old, you were such a friendly little boy, writing so many funny things and looking forward to Chrstimas:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3497611

Since you are 18, it's the opposite! Not good, headbuck!
November 09, 2015, 11:12:41 AM

Hypocrite much?

Activity: 718
Merit: 545
November 09, 2015, 11:12:03 AM
Stay on target.. we've almost got a serious discussion going on here..

Well, if the fees are low and the TXN count is low, I don't see how the miners are going to secure the network (excluding minting) ?

Currently, the newly minted bitcoins are paying for this, but in future, when there are almost no new bitcoins to mint, the miners will need to rely more on the fees to get paid.

Do you disagree ?
I partially agree. If the price does go up enough, there will be less fee dependence. We can not know what is going to happen and thus this is all speculations. People need to stop looking too far ahead. Even predictions of what is going to happen in the next two years have a very high probability of being wrong. I'm not sure if this is really relevant to the XT shills nor the discussion of LN.

I think it is relevant to the LN network, as LN will directly affect the number of on-chain txns, and therefore the total fees paid to miners.

I think it is relevant to the XT Shills 'lynching', as in reality XT has become the focal point for the 'Bigger Blocks Brigade', that's all, which again directly affect the number of on-chain txns, and therefore the total fees paid to miners.

hehe, hitting a nerve here, them forkers got NOTHING. only the pitiful yapping. Roll Eyes

I'm only hearing 'pitiful yapping' from certain people, hdbuck. 

haha.. that's funny..

..This kind of "if you are not with us you are against us" attitude is exactly why so many of us are sick and tired of Mike Hearn..

When you get angry with a child, you lose.

When you get aggressive / profane / abusive in a discussion, you lose.

(I'll let you off the hook if you admit you're an angry child. Then, I'll admit, it's more complicated.. )
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:10:20 AM

Great to know the ad-hominem 'Bitcoiners' on the small blockers side. If you have such friends and cheerleaders you don't need enemies anymore.

yea thats free fees ad homs, way better than some frappucinos!! Cheesy Kiss

legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:09:38 AM

Hypocrite much?

November 09, 2015, 11:03:53 AM

Hypocrite much?

No one cares for your delusions. Seriously, fork off.
legendary
November 09, 2015, 11:00:42 AM

legendary
November 09, 2015, 10:48:50 AM
Well, if the fees are low and the TXN count is low, I don't see how the miners are going to secure the network (excluding minting) ?

Currently, the newly minted bitcoins are paying for this, but in future, when there are almost no new bitcoins to mint, the miners will need to rely more on the fees to get paid.

Do you disagree ?
I partially agree. If the price does go up enough, there will be less fee dependence. We can not know what is going to happen and thus this is all speculations. People need to stop looking too far ahead. Even predictions of what is going to happen in the next two years have a very high probability of being wrong. I'm not sure if this is really relevant to the XT shills nor the discussion of LN.

hehe, hitting a nerve here, them forkers got NOTHING. only the pitiful yapping. Roll Eyes
You forgot, they have Peter that writes papers about fairy tales.

meh, that charlatan.

besides, i fully concur that a fee market must emerge for the miners to keep on securing the system: 450k PH is a helluva network and it needs its income to be sustainable.

so it is very, i mean very dumb to raise the block size limit
1/ before it is actually allowing a free fee market to emerge whilst being effective (ie. full blocks)
2/ before the halving which will reduce the miners income obviously

these are facts, not some random numbers throwing out of a likeliness hat.

Finally, I'd like to underline that I stand behind the majority of the technical experts (core devs, crypto popes a la Szabo, etc..) and historical bitcoiners here (marcus, tvbcof, theymos and lots more) for the sake of bitcoin and financial freedom only.

Bitcoin is not a corporation, nor a social media.

I do not give a heck about USG reddit wannabes and trolls.
May them fork into oblivion if that is what they really want, sure its a free world, but bitcoin is certainly not going to adapt to them whatnots, incapable of coding and lacking basic understanding in cryptography, economy and finance..

legendary
November 09, 2015, 10:45:27 AM

This kind of "if you are not with us you are against us" attitude is exactly why so many of us are sick and tired of Mike Hearn (who has stated he won't attend the block size meetup in December because it would be "a waste of his time").

What is needed is a well thought out and well supported (by miners, developers, businesses and users) way forward rather than a hostile takeover attempt involving misinformation and alarmist claims.

I was actually rather amazed that Gavin had got himself so involved with this although it appears that more recently he is less so.
Pages:
Jump to: