Pages:
Author

Topic: Tips for local transactions - page 5. (Read 732415 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 20
June 28, 2018, 05:30:42 AM
Try to do bitcoin transactions with individuals you don't know/trust in public, well-lit places.  Preferably with decent video surveillance going on.  I.E.  Shopping mall, high-end restaurant, etc.
And always ask for an ID copy (KYC at little scale)
copper member
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 23, 2018, 02:06:42 PM
I normally trade on WhatsApp group where there was an escrow admin. We pay admin and client send coin admin send send money to him

Example

Buyer         I want to buy coin
Seller.         I want to sell coin

After we have both negotiate

Buyer will pay admin

Admin.  Yes I receive money  Seller send coin

Seller drop your wallet let me send Yes I send coin confirm you receive

Buyer Yes I receive admin fund Him

Admin.    Funded

Seller I receive deal seal

Thanks

This is how we trade in my local area hope it helps
Activity: 98
June 23, 2018, 09:39:31 AM
Transactions right now with cryptocurrency are not easy to do...I really hope that will change soon. There are platforms already that incentivize businesses and customers by accepting cryptos. for instance, in some places, you can use Coinbase to pay for items or services
Activity: 27
June 22, 2018, 11:23:20 AM
can i use algorithm to forecast (not really close prediction) for the best altcoin to invest. i start collecting factors in different industry (gobal) affecting the demand every coin.
Activity: 14
June 12, 2018, 05:50:22 PM
Transactions in crypyocurrency are not very easy today...I really hope that will change soon. There are platforms already that incentivize businesses and customers by accepting a wide range of cryptocurrencies and bringing liquidity to those currencies. Paytomat, for instance, - the most promissing blockchain-based crypto payments platform, I think. Has anyone heard about it?
Activity: 98
June 11, 2018, 06:32:38 AM
As for meeting for trades in public, it might have consequences in countries where cryptocurrencies are not in favor of the government. Having said that, a lot of decent sellers would probably choose to meet one on one in a less crowded area in order to avoid the attention of the police.
Activity: 72
June 10, 2018, 05:41:59 PM
Thank you for these helpful hints
Activity: 1162
Merit: 7
June 07, 2018, 11:25:22 AM
Apart from recording using cctv,  voice recording is very important. However, Cath may not capture your discussions.  This means that personal recording may be relevant in the transaction as well. Good topic for discussion.
Activity: 51
June 04, 2018, 10:23:35 PM
Midas Protocol preparation ICO I see this project if success is a turning point for the trader. As a trader you should not ignore the midas project. Midas not only helps traders protect their assets safely, but also optimizes their profitability
Activity: 40
May 31, 2018, 12:16:45 AM
Thank your for your helpful tips Kiss
 I am new to trading and buying bitcoins and any type of cryptocurency.
it does seem like a good write-up, however your list is pretty much the exact opposite of what I would look for in a trade.

Activity: 100
May 27, 2018, 05:59:04 PM
Yes, you need to secure your trades as much as possible. A third party involvement is a good suggession as it will help you to negotiate the price with much satisfaction. You need to spend the coins as low as possible as their price will go up soon. So always trade carefully. Thanks!
Activity: 3
May 27, 2018, 04:40:04 AM
The tips for local transaction... Your post is so helpful for many people, i hope i can learn a lot about transaction and bitcoins Smiley,, keep posting!  Cheesy
Activity: 242
Merit: 104
May 14, 2018, 04:25:56 AM
That is very useful for those who just started their journey to the bitcoin world and I am also concerned about keeping my personal information private and looking closer into the bitcoin savings that I have in my digital wallet.

You can always take tresor or ledger. Hardware wallets are the securest one. For example, if ones come into the Bitcoin store Split the procedure is next, my personal experience: they do cold storage and generate on the off line computers and th pc's and the printers and everything is off line. Told me also that their web site will be active in two weeks. So happy to have that possibilities. To  buy for cash and sell for cash and having a chance to buy hardware wallet, all in one place in few minutes.
Activity: 5
May 11, 2018, 10:54:31 AM
I have found his thoughts and recommendations very useful indeed! thanx for such posts!  Grin
Activity: 399
Merit: 105
May 11, 2018, 10:11:47 AM
That is very useful for those who just started their journey to the bitcoin world and I am also concerned about keeping my personal information private and looking closer into the bitcoin savings that I have in my digital wallet.
Activity: 242
Merit: 104
May 11, 2018, 05:06:23 AM
Just a quick hit!! Wink
Think might be useful for many:

Bitcoin Store, first Croatian exchange office is opened in Split, Croatia. Walk-in place where you can buy and sell crypto values for cash! Since there are so many people who do not understand many things about the crypto world, but want to buy or sell, or want to step up into this new world, this is a place to visit.

Activity: 406
Merit: 106
May 02, 2018, 04:02:32 AM
I have a data plan phone too, but WiFi works a lot quicker. I need to upgrade to LTE, Anyways, it seems like you value privacy in your transactions, which is fine. As long as you feel safe in your trades, go with what's comfortable for you
Activity: 22
Merit: 4
April 28, 2018, 05:25:31 PM

And yes, it continues to happen:

Bitcoin buyer robbed of RM1mil in cash
- https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/04/13/bitcoin-buyer-robbed-of-rm1mil-in-cash

Heh, "A police spokesman told the Straits Times that they were also investigating the origins of [buyer]'s money, which he carried in cash."

And though no violence was involved, here's a very large deal where the buyer almost got scammed:

How an OTC Bitcoin Scammer Almost Stole $600 Million
- https://news.bitcoin.com/how-an-otc-bitcoin-scammer-almost-stole-600-million

Bitcoin ATM hit ... thieves assault cashier with bear spray, then pull the cash trays from the Bitcoin ATM (Chevron Gas Station Irving, TX)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbImdks9gkM

"The gang used the office to lure the two brothers to come to the office to sell them the Bitcoin."
- https://gulfnews.com/news/uae/crime/watch-dubai-police-recovers-dh7m-from-bitcoin-heist-1.2213314
Activity: 308
Merit: 30
April 28, 2018, 03:20:21 PM
In local transaction you should be aware in the scammers because there are lots of people that still want to steal your money.
Bitcoin is the blessing which nobody cannot resist with its golden value. The bitcoin saves all people from poverty so the demand in here is quite big.
Activity: 94
April 25, 2018, 10:00:59 AM
i'm sure your post is helpful for some people, and it does seem like a good write-up, however your list is pretty much the exact opposite of what I would look for in a trade
Pages:
Jump to: