Pages:
Author

Topic: Tips for local transactions - page 8. (Read 732274 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 01:08:39 AM
For a recent trade the buyer arrived on time but he needed to get cash from an ATM.  It was only then that he learned that his bank account has a low maximum daily withdrawal amount, leaving me holding more bitcoins (and less cash) than I had planned. I guess a safe storage and a trusted wallet will do and their is an extra income in every transaction well in my use wallet their is
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 27, 2018, 04:59:57 AM
In an age where technology is king, making an emotional connection still matters. In fact, it matters more than anything else. Emotionally connected customers have higher brand loyalty and often spend considerably more money with a brand than customers who are merely satisfied. By finding ways to encourage your customer service teams to tap into your customer's fundamental emotional needs, you're certain to build long-term and rich relationships with them.

Activity: 9
March 27, 2018, 02:26:23 AM
Meet at a safe location. When you’re buying something from someone you don’t know, you’ll probably have to meet somewhere to complete the transaction. That can be a little unsettling. If the item you’re purchasing is small, suggest you meet in the parking lot of a local police station or a very public place. Unless the item you’re buying is very large and must be moved, don’t offer to pick it up at the seller’s house. Bringing a friend or two makes it even safer.
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
March 26, 2018, 08:21:47 AM
Trading is one of the new type of investment in our generation, through different local transactions the cryptocurrency is slowly building its a good foundation towards to the successful society.
Activity: 112
March 26, 2018, 07:07:07 AM
I mostly use localbitcoins for selling my bitcoins. They have not asked me about my personal details. But I don't know whether they bwould ask my details if I have to buy bitcoins.If they ask, then I would have to think about buying bitcoins with person face to face. Of course, all of us don't want to give or show too much information and we want to remain anonymous, if that is the case then maybe I agree that its better face to face when buying bitcoins
March 26, 2018, 07:06:29 AM
The scammer had the guy's cell number among other info, like where he went to college, etc.  With some of that info, the scammer took control of the victim's email account and it snowballed into owning the LBC account.  It lasted only a couple of days, but some damage was done. I think it's best for a local transaction is to do some public meet up on a public crowded place like malls or other places that is popular and easy to reach
Activity: 202
March 26, 2018, 07:06:27 AM
Your recommendations are appreciable but there are many other things too which can be quite helpful like to have someone with you or make a deal final in some pub or restaurant where a lot of people are around you. Many exchanger which scam on internet, so we must be careful. we need to buy bitcoins which already popular and many people who buy bitcoins via the exchanger for years
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
March 26, 2018, 04:41:25 AM
Encourage the seller to pay you that is what I think you should do, talk to him/her directly. You should always have an assurance to a person making a transaction with.
Activity: 294
March 25, 2018, 04:35:36 AM
All markets are the same, they take advantage of transactions and they take the best cost to swap the sale of coins, so I think the recommended cost is the lowest and the big one you expect makes sense. I've only dealt with 3 different sellers, and each have been good. One was in Florida, and the two others in Texas
March 25, 2018, 04:35:26 AM
I know got his localbitcoins account hacked via social engineering. The scammer had the guy's cell number among other info, like where he went to college, etc.  With some of that info, the scammer took control of the victim's email account and it snowballed into owning the LBC account. I think it's best for a local transaction is to do some public meet up on a public crowded place like malls or other places that is popular and easy to reach
March 25, 2018, 04:34:41 AM
Just trade on place that you may feel secured and if your trading partner do wrong things like he can scammed you or threaten your life if you not gave what they need. And for your question just join in signature campaign and make your own wallet and address. Malls have tons of security measures to help protect you as you make your trade, and many malls have WiFi access across the entire property: there's a good chance that one of the mall's stores has WiFi access even if the mall itself doesn't
March 25, 2018, 02:56:19 AM
Thanks for the tips, this is indeed very important to choose a safe place to trade btc against cash.
Activity: 7
March 25, 2018, 01:16:11 AM
Buying:
There are three things I want to cover about buying in-person:
Reviewing Your Purchase
Paying with BitCoin
Paying with Cash

Reviewing Your Purchase:
For buying items, remember that there's a lot you can't tell about something just from pictures. Make sure to look the item over carefully and make sure everything is in working condition/described condition before you pay the seller. A seller who is unwilling or nervous about letting you check out an item may know something about the item he doesn't want you to find out. It's a good idea to meet during the day or in a well lit area so you can see everything clearly. Don't be afraid to ask questions if anything feels off and don't feel obligated to complete a sale you're uncomfortable with.

Paying with BitCoin:
One of the easiest ways to pay in BitCoin in person is with a mobile wallet app from a smartphone. Blockchain a mobile wallet app for Android and iOS. It's an online wallet, so I wouldn't recommend it for long-time storage: strictly transactions. Once I know how much I need to pay for an item I put that much in the wallet, and maybe 1 or 2 BTC more just in case there's a last second price change, and when I get home I immediately transfer any leftover funds to a more secure wallet. Blockchain works the same as any other client: enter the seller's payment address and the amount of BTC for the sale to send payment. Blockchain also has a QR scanner built in if the seller has a QR code address.

As a side note, I use an iPhone and Blockchain is, to my knowledge, the only wallet app for iOS without jailbreaking your phone. I have no knowledge about jailbreaking or Android apps for alternatives to Blockchain, but you can always do your research here on the forum or on the BitCoin wiki to find an app that works for you. You can also use your laptop, if you have it with you, to access your wallet and pay the seller. I recommend creating a brand new wallet for the transaction, especially if you're the paranoid type. Better safe than sorry, right? Wink

Paying with Cash:
This section focuses on buying BitCoins. One of the more common OTC transactions is buying BitCoin with cash. If you're buying BTC, you need to give the seller a payment address to receive your funds. You can use your mobile wallet to receive the funds, which you can then transfer to a safer wallet when you get home, or you can write down or print out a wallet address for the seller to send the BTC to. If you do the latter method, make sure to confirm the transaction before you part ways: use a laptop to check your wallet and confirm the payment or have a trusted friend/family member monitor the wallet and contact you with confirmation of the funds.

this is good thiking best of luck
Activity: 12
March 24, 2018, 04:54:45 PM
Rethink the length of your visit. Don’t just fly in and fly out, because getting to know you in social settings will invariably be part of your Asian counterpart’s idea of doing business. Accept social invitations, such as a guided island tour, attending a festival, or visiting a treasured cultural site, wherever possible.
Activity: 11
March 24, 2018, 09:32:24 AM
These days, most of the advice we hear about customer experience is appropriate for serving larger businesses whose demands can be overwhelming if processes are not operationalized. For companies serving small business customers, delivering an exceptional customer experience is just as imperative to the overall growth cycle; and as the saying goes: "Without the customer, there is no business." That means, any customer of any size business.
Activity: 238
March 23, 2018, 07:16:47 AM
I see a good sustainable growth of user base in near future and it is possible that local transactions could surpass international transactions in terms of frequency if major players like airbnb, local merchants starts accepting it. If you are deep into the cloak and dagger feel of it all, NFC would be the best lol. Or a radio transmit over short distance, like snooping those chip cards
Activity: 294
March 23, 2018, 07:16:29 AM
Don't trust strangers immediately, check his/her background information before making an agreement. With regards to finding the best crypto coins trade things are not too simple. Basically in light of the fact that a large number of the best sites to purchase coins almost all are online
March 23, 2018, 07:15:48 AM
The intention of this topic is to help new buyers and sellers in the BitCoin community who are looking to meet up and trade locally. I've done a lot of local trades and sales over the years, so I'm hoping that my experiences can help beginners by giving them ideas on how to trade safely. It would help not only to newbies but also to the experienced ones regarding local transactions. Since bitcoin is free to use currency, I see a good sustainable growth of user base in near future
Activity: 135
Merit: 2
March 22, 2018, 08:22:50 AM
your tips will really help alot of people.  but people should also bare in mind that their safety and well being is way more important than any amount of crypto combined.  trade safe guys
March 19, 2018, 06:54:24 AM
Thanks for the sticky! Really hope this advice can help everyone out and me to! If anyone has anything to add do not hesitate to write.
Pages:
Jump to: