Pages:
Author

Topic: Tips for local transactions - page 7. (Read 732318 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 0
April 12, 2018, 12:44:25 AM
Whatever I just want by btcs to get quickly delivered to my wallet adress without hassle
Activity: 2
April 11, 2018, 12:40:29 PM
Honestly pretty standard tips, but good to know anyway. I'd advice anyone that is using an exchange or something similar to be very carefull with using public wifi. It's relatively easy to set up a MiTM attack with HTTPS/HSTS bypass and grab your password. Be safe and use 2FA!!
Activity: 196
April 11, 2018, 11:38:58 AM
I am new to the crypto industry and I am planning to transact to some individual from my country for some tokens along with other online transactions. I would also like to do day trading and I find the tips in here to be very helpful to these scenarios. We should also be careful of hyping because I have learn cryptocurrencies way back on December and good thing I don't have the money to invest that time and some of my friends that are into it said to buy crypto investment when the price is low and good thing I have bought some when the dip came.
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
April 11, 2018, 04:36:21 AM
My tip is to meet at some sort of table and set up a camera to monitor the transaction.For extra security, have the camera recording to some sort of remote server.
Activity: 22
Merit: 4
April 10, 2018, 04:04:39 PM
How about OTC?

If you are referring to OTC as-in brokerages handling larger over-the-counter trades, here's a list:

- https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/7unl0s
Activity: 2
April 09, 2018, 09:06:03 AM
How about OTC?

skype, itBit etc..
Does any one know how many OTC there are? any which one do you like?
Is there any unique OTC services? I found Coincola interesting.
Activity: 280
Merit: 104
April 09, 2018, 06:50:23 AM
I think it's best for a local transaction is to do some public meet up on a public crowded place like malls or other places that is popular and easy to reach. But if you don't want to do meet up, it will be best if you ask for valid infos like real name,address, and don't forget to ask some valid IDs so if he scam you, you could easily track him down using his valid info
Activity: 58
April 08, 2018, 11:22:01 PM
I would have too suggested that such a sensitive isshes should be carried on in a populated place to prevent any odd accidents
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
April 07, 2018, 12:33:49 AM
In transactions, caution is needed. A lot of people who have bad intentions out there. In addition to be careful, we are also required to be the buyers and sellers are smart so we are not easily fooled. We should be acompanied by some friend while transaction in order to keep secure/safe. Indeed, this information is very useful. Great, thank you.
Activity: 1
April 06, 2018, 09:35:39 AM
very good info thank you for sharing ..
April 04, 2018, 03:14:42 AM
Many many thanks to you. Actually, I am searching some information about local transactions. Finally, you shared this. I think it helps me more. It was full of some helpful information. So, I would like to thank you cordially. Thanks a lot.
Merit: 4
April 03, 2018, 09:23:52 PM
What exactly you mean by LOCAL TRANSACTION as cryptocurrency transaction are not confined to any area?

Local transactions is a term generally meaning in-person, face-to-face trading.  While there's no reason cash (e.g., USD) needs to be the payment method for a local trade, most local trades are for cash.

This thread is to help those minimize the risks when entering and conducting such a trade.
April 03, 2018, 09:21:39 AM
What exactly you mean by LOCAL TRANSACTION as cryptocurrency transaction are not confined to any area?
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
April 02, 2018, 07:13:44 AM
For me, bring friends that will help you in case something bad happen. Don’t do transaction away from the camera; if something happens at least, you have videos. Set the transaction agreed by both parties, don’t continue a transaction if the planned was change. And be sure that both parties have a required cash/coins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
April 02, 2018, 02:29:52 AM
That is a big post but there is amazing and truthful information you have given. I like security part mostly, indeed it is true to look after your safety first.
Activity: 8
March 30, 2018, 11:19:03 PM
This is awesome! Safe transaction is a must at all times!!! Looking forward to reading more informative posts!
Activity: 602
Merit: 258
March 29, 2018, 12:06:14 PM
For local transactions you can use your account in bitcoin such as coins.ph for making it as your business.
For example, in buy load section you can sell load to your target customers. Just get their number then load it. To get their payment, send to them your wallet address to send their payment to you.
March 28, 2018, 03:45:03 AM
This is so informative. Thank you for making this thread. This serves as guidelines in transacting with other people especially for trading purposes. I appreciated much about meeting in publoc areas or with cctv cameras.
Activity: 112
March 28, 2018, 01:11:23 AM
The scammer had the guy's cell number among other info, like where he went to college, etc.  With some of that info, the scammer took control of the victim's email account and it snowballed into owning the LBC account.  It lasted only a couple of days, but some damage was done. I think it's best for a local transaction is to do some public meet up on a public crowded place like malls or other places that is popular and easy to reach
Yep, We must paying attention  who have a good reputation but, also in the beginner's  because all of traders that have good reputation are also begin to beginners so dont snob and pay attetion to new traders. I know the risk you trade in new users but give them a chance to prove that they are not scammer and to prove that they are trtrustworthy
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 01:08:42 AM
We started with emails, then phone conversations, and then meeting for the transactions.  By then, we both knew what to expect from each other, and how the transaction would be conducted. I've been wondering on what are the requirements or guidelines for local transactions. What to consider when meeting up with a stranger. Will keep this and probably print this for future references
Pages:
Jump to: