Pages:
Author

Topic: Tips for local transactions - page 9. (Read 732563 times)

copper member
Activity: 233
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 02:30:47 AM
Stickied  Grin
Thanks for the tips it will really help
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 10:32:47 PM
Activity: 31
March 17, 2018, 10:30:43 PM
Thanks for this post!

With my bank being one of the ones hopping on board with banning crypto purchases this is a great guide to have.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 10:24:19 PM
I think it is always good to read something composed by the one with personal experience on the subject. Such posts at least can push a newbie to think twice and check everything in detail before try. Good or bad, the original post was sure worth reading. Thank you.
Activity: 179
March 16, 2018, 11:13:45 AM
I think it is always good to read something composed by the one with personal experience on the subject. Such posts at least can push a newbie to think twice and check everything in detail before try. Good or bad, the original post was sure worth reading. Thank you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 106
March 16, 2018, 08:17:32 AM
Thanks for the tips, this is indeed very important to choose a safe place to trade btc against cash.
Activity: 29
March 15, 2018, 05:06:58 AM
Stickied. Great tips for local transactions, and should help to keep new users safe.

Thanks!  Grin
Activity: 100
March 15, 2018, 12:41:21 AM
Nice sharing and brief guidance for local transaction, the concept is generally applicable and practicable specially for new person in this crypto space. If possible meet up is the best way to do  when buying btc or whatever transaction it is. Or else if buyer is too far from the seller,  check if the seller has a group chat/page. Then look at his/her proofs with  posting a receipt every after dealing btc or any kind of coins.
Activity: 41
March 12, 2018, 04:15:11 PM
Thank you for useful information. Smiley
Activity: 4
March 12, 2018, 02:41:00 PM
Yeah it will be fine
Activity: 378
March 11, 2018, 03:32:51 AM
Just seeing this for the first time. Good advice, thanks!
copper member
March 10, 2018, 03:59:30 PM
I think this really needs to be repost always for good guide and remembrance....  Great one thumb up
copper member
March 10, 2018, 01:16:11 PM
This is a great look into... And will really  help the new local marketers
Activity: 145
Merit: 2
March 08, 2018, 04:00:58 AM

Meeting:
There are three main things I look for in meeting places:
  • Public Location - Are there plenty of people around?
  • WiFi Access - Is there free or cheap public WiFi access in the area?
  • Security - Are there security cameras or security guards in the area?

Public Location:
Public locations are like Local Trading 101: it is always better to meet in a public place. Scammers and muggers are a lot less likely to try anything with witnesses around. You can usually find these people early on by simply requesting a public meeting place: they want to meet their victims alone.

WiFi:
Places like McDonalds, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and many local coffee shops offer free WiFi access. A lot of hotels offer WiFi as well, but usually not for free or to non-customers. Bring a laptop or tablet with you if you have one so you can check transaction details and confirmations. Depending on what you're buying/selling/trading, having a computer to do some last second research on item values can never hurt if you're worried about getting the short end of the stick.

Security:
A location with security cameras adds an extra layer of security to a trade. If the other party does get away with stealing from or scamming you, you'll have physical evidence in a recording that can help the authorities track the offender down and bring him to justice. Security guards can help set your mind at ease if you're concerned that you might get mugged: muggers are a lot less likely to rob you if there's a guard with a gun a few yards away. A guard can easily step in and save you if a mugger does start attacking you.

My personal recommendation would be to meet at a mall, if there's one in your area. Malls have tons of security measures to help protect you as you make your trade, and many malls have WiFi access across the entire property: there's a good chance that one of the mall's stores has WiFi access even if the mall itself doesn't. Banks are a good choice too: banks have great security, and some bigger banks have WiFi access as well.

thank for your sharing. It is usefull for us
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 07, 2018, 04:20:49 PM
Thanks for this topic, I learned a lot of new things.
Activity: 1022
March 07, 2018, 02:37:02 PM
Actually what an excellent article that was! Day after day, day to day people may do transaction but that is to say transection is necessary for in life so knowing and doing transaction also helps a man how and for which purpose men can do transection.I think it's greatly help as member of newbie
Activity: 35
March 07, 2018, 02:20:06 AM
Thanks a lot for these tips, helped me a lot as a newbie.
Activity: 17
March 06, 2018, 04:10:47 PM
Great tips for local transactions... You deserve a big THANK YOU..
Activity: 133
March 05, 2018, 11:44:12 AM
Very nice guides,it helps us warn to those bad persons and lokal trading also it can put you through in danger,so avoid meeting someone in noncrowded area be watchful also.,do this transactions in a public areas were there are many guards with a cctv cameras because thats for your best and safetyness.
Activity: 139
March 05, 2018, 10:58:59 AM
People are such so worry of everything they also protect others life and besides from themeselves,thats why they wrote this kind of guides for them to be aware to any such bad intentions,.we must thankful to this kind of person for the good reason,doing public trading must be secure and safety.

Exactly mate your right,,,being ones worry is so nice and with that only post it can give you some ideas/tips and to be aware of course to any perpetrators.
Pages:
Jump to: