Pages:
Author

Topic: Trading by technical analysis or just intuition? - page 10. (Read 3028 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
In such a bearish market, are you making your trading moves by technical analysis or just follow your heart and believe some coin will start to bounce back hardly or something else?

I'd say do both. Basic TA for entry and exit points can be useful specially in bear market, FA for some hope that other people might pick up same coins with news or upcoming announcements. Always try to book profits in this cycle as we dont know which is the bottom.
Activity: 476
It is a must to do/have both. Trading with intuition alone may have lesser chances for profit. Technical analysis would increase your chances for profit because it is based on facts and history or past performances wherein trends or patterns are usually found. These trends or patterns are solid guides that will help traders in making their decisions. We may not be experts in analysis at the moment, but time will surely make us gradually understand.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
With crypto, the technical analysis is pretty much a meme. Whales can manipulate markets too easily for a normal person to read any info from the trendlines. Intuition and just keeping up with the news are your biggest helpers.

Meh, reeee manipulation reeee. Yes, there is manipulation but not as much as everyone tries to make it seem, without evidence btw. Screaming manipulation accomplishes nothing. Plenty of people make money just with TA so it must be working. Look up TheChartGuys on youtube.
Activity: 837
Merit: 1
Technical analysis still remains the best. Don't trade with intuition, rather make proper research
Intuition = gambling. Just follow the trends, bitcoin is always in a pretty clear 1-2 months trend, uptrend, downtrend, uptrend, etc etc. The faster you recognize the trend the easier will be for you to profit. You don't need to nail the bottom or the top, you just need to understand in what trend the market is.

For instance now, we have been in a downtrend for some time which means we could be approaching a reversal but you have to be cautious and wait for confirmation of several days, then get in.

I don't agree with you, because intuition is experience talking and seeing thinks that you are missing. No one should be driven by intuition only, but turning your back to it is not smart either.

Maybe but if you want to succeed in trading you have to follow rules, your own rules, your own strategy, if you can't follow your own strategy then you are never going to make money, that's the only way to get rid of emotions.
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
Intuition = gambling. Just follow the trends, bitcoin is always in a pretty clear 1-2 months trend, uptrend, downtrend, uptrend, etc etc. The faster you recognize the trend the easier will be for you to profit. You don't need to nail the bottom or the top, you just need to understand in what trend the market is.

For instance now, we have been in a downtrend for some time which means we could be approaching a reversal but you have to be cautious and wait for confirmation of several days, then get in.

I don't agree with you, because intuition is experience talking and seeing thinks that you are missing. No one should be driven by intuition only, but turning your back to it is not smart either.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
Let's get realistic, have you ever made consistent sustainable profit by just following your intuition?

That gut feeling that you feel is really just your own personal bias pushing your conscience to justify an action that is unreasonable.
It has no bearing at all on a project's potential, it's just mind games you play on yourself.

So, if a coin you invested in based off of your intuition shoots up, you can say that you should go with your gut feeling.
But think of, say, doing 10 investments based off of your "gut feeling".
Out of the ten, how many would be successful?

I think you will find that there is no pattern and it is quite random.
The reason is, because it is just dumb luck and chance.

For me, I would rather base my investment choices on wise decisions based on actual market conditions.
Activity: 127
Merit: 0
Why not a little bit of both? I know that people say that we should always use out research to make trading decisions which is absolutely correct, but then again there are times when you just get this feeling that you should invest in a coin. If you are one of those people with good instincts then you should trust your intuition more
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
We need to monitor the market and trends to analyze the future of the coin. However, there are other factors to consider that sometimes mathematical analysis can not answer but only to speculate using intuition.
Trading is also an opportunity game and both require technical analysis and intuition.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
I think intuition and luck.
What technical analysis can show you when suddenly candles appear and in a minute move the price of 1k $.
It is difficult to predict what will happen to the price in such a situation.

Activity: 140
Trading with only intuition - it is a bad idea, never do like this. At first, even if technical analysis does not working, you should look at fundamental side of the project, at least. Roadmap, events, new products etc. But trading - it is not great idea at all, at this point with manipulations like this. I know many traders, they just overwatch market like this.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I think technical analysis somehow is still useful especially you are are investing for the longer time frame. Crypto is still very early stage, many projects are still subject to frequent volatility and many still lack of real 'product', most are just buying into their potential, it is not surprise if 50% of the top 20 coins might not survive in the mid term even. You just check back the top 20 coins for the past few years, you will shock so many previous hyped coins had disappeared  Sad

And TA should use as analysis purpose, cannot be the sole factor to buy in to any crypto.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
With crypto, the technical analysis is pretty much a meme. Whales can manipulate markets too easily for a normal person to read any info from the trendlines. Intuition and just keeping up with the news are your biggest helpers.
Activity: 238
Technical analysis can be very helpful. But the problem is we don't have much historical data for the crypto market. For some coins there are no history data at all. So for those coins you need to watch for news.
Activity: 112
Trading not like a gambling with follow your heart, if you do that you will always loss your money. So my suggest is trading with technical analysis. Believe your strategy and dont greed. You will be a success full in trading
Activity: 111
Correct intuition in crypto can develop only if you have studied the features of technical and fundamental analysis well. And even after that, it's pretty much a lottery.
Activity: 150
I try to collect and analyze information about what is happening in the market.
Activity: 392
In my opinion, technical analysis is not suitable for the crypto-currency market. But rely solely on intuition is not necessary, it is necessary to use fundamental analysis.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
If it only puts intuition without having a definite analysis then it is gambling. gambling just think right and not just without any fundamental analysis. I think the trade is not like that because trade would certainly need a good clear analysis of charts and more. If looking to trade like the gamble certainly will not be able to see the results.
Pages:
Jump to: