Pages:
Author

Topic: Transparent mining 2, or What part of Legacy should be left behind - page 10. (Read 15616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I'd like to add that this "power" is very valuable. If u forge the next block u decide what orders to include into it. And this decision will change the market.

Actually this is something that concerns me far more than the initial distribution or the PoS reward for forging.

If AE bid/ask tx's can be arbitrarily included or not in a block then I can see a lot of manipulation occurring in this part of the system (another reason that I am not really hooked on the whole AE thing).

This of course could be compounded by huge stake holders "colluding" to say hold back orders.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000
Actually the Nxt ecosystem is what gives value....that's why the price in fiat terms doesn't matter.

Wait, what? When Assets are backed by and bought with NXT, NXT will have a value in fiat terms because of these assets and vice versa.

Or do you think the fiat world ends in the next months?

I am saying the Nxt ecosystem has value no matter whether it is priced in USD or GOLD or WHEAT or some other currency not yet created...if it survives and continues to grow it will have intrinsic value.

Like the Internet.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
But it is not fair!

What r u talking about? Nxt offers the most fair way.
legendary
That is my understanding, too. And CfB said something similar also, I think (coins for currency, NXT for value)

NXT itself is backed by power to influence on the whole system. If u own 1M NXT then u'll forge each 1000th block. And u can charge fiat money for inclusion transactions into blocks.

I'd like to add that this "power" is very valuable. If u forge the next block u decide what orders to include into it. And this decision will change the market.

NXT -> Power -> Ability to change the world
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Cryptocurrency Evangelist
Hi BCNext and everybody,

IMHO, The problem with Nxt is that the person have more Nxt receives the transaction fees.
But it is not fair!
We should pay the fee to the server and peer hosts and administrators directly.

I'm deep in Nxt but by the way don't doubt to invest on a coin that considers the above fair paradigm.

Thanks,
Sepehr
Activity: 910
Actually the Nxt ecosystem is what gives value....that's why the price in fiat terms doesn't matter.

Wait, what? When Assets are backed by and bought with NXT, NXT will have a value in fiat terms because of these assets and vice versa.

Or do you think the fiat world ends in the next months?
legendary
That is my understanding, too. And CfB said something similar also, I think (coins for currency, NXT for value)

NXT itself is backed by power to influence on the whole system. If u own 1M NXT then u'll forge each 1000th block. And u can charge fiat money for inclusion transactions into blocks.
legendary
Activity: 2184

BCNext created a platform to build economy on. We use NXT as coins but BCNext planned that "money" will be built on top of Nxt core. Anyway it doesn't really matter what he wants, Nxt will evolve the way the community wants it to evolve. I wouldn't pay much attention to BCNext's plans.

But isn't this the natural way for things to happen? I mean it's not like following somebody's plans. It will happen naturally, big businesses will be built on top of Nxt and they will take care of it and supprot it with forging, while fees will be lowered and there won't be people who forge "for the sake of forging". Coins will be issued backed by Nxt and will play the role of means of exchnage, but Nxt will still be something like a reserve currency. I thought this evolution was inevitable. Is this what BCnext meant or i didn't understand it?

These businesses and services all exist inside the Nxt ecosystem....the stronger the ecosystem the more valuable it becomes.

NXTs as coins... NXTs r not coins, at least the creator of Nxt didn't want them to be coins. They r tokens that grant privileges to support Nxt. Deflation is not much better than inflation, "real" coins should be created on top of Nxt and be issued in quantities that keep their value constant. BCNext understands that this is very arguable, the community should decide if it wants to follow the path showed by him or stick to Bitcoin legacy with unchangeable supply of coins in hope to become rich by doing nothing.

@Come-from-Beyond, I am not sure if I understand this right. I see to possible interpretations:

1st:
BCnext doesn't want the price of nxt to rise (i find this unlogical because even if we issue coins backed by Nxt, the value of Nxt will still rise even if we issue more and more of them. The value of those coins will not rise.

2nd:
BCnext means that we shouldn't just hold Nxts and wait until their price rises, but rather we should make services and develop businesses on top of Nxt in order to support Nxt and consequently it's price will grow.

Or neither of them? Sorry, i wish i didn't care about price, but i do, if it rises i would be able to start a business connected with nxt, work from home and don't see much people, be part of the revolution and see how banks' revenue is crashing. I hope this doesnt sound too bad.

BCNext created a platform to build economy on. We use NXT as coins but BCNext planned that "money" will be built on top of Nxt core. Anyway it doesn't really matter what he wants, Nxt will evolve the way the community wants it to evolve. I wouldn't pay much attention to BCNext's plans.

But isn't this the natural way for things to happen? I mean it's not like following somebody's plans. It will happen naturally, big businesses will be built on top of Nxt and they will take care of it and supprot it with forging, while fees will be lowered and there won't be people who forge "for the sake of forging". Coins will be issued backed by Nxt and will play the role of means of exchnage, but Nxt will still be something like a reserve currency. I thought this evolution was inevitable. Is this what BCnext meant or i didn't understand it?

legendary

Seems u r right.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100

NXTs as coins... NXTs r not coins, at least the creator of Nxt didn't want them to be coins. They r tokens that grant privileges to support Nxt. Deflation is not much better than inflation, "real" coins should be created on top of Nxt and be issued in quantities that keep their value constant. BCNext understands that this is very arguable, the community should decide if it wants to follow the path showed by him or stick to Bitcoin legacy with unchangeable supply of coins in hope to become rich by doing nothing.

@Come-from-Beyond, I am not sure if I understand this right. I see to possible interpretations:

1st:
BCnext doesn't want the price of nxt to rise (i find this unlogical because even if we issue coins backed by Nxt, the value of Nxt will still rise even if we issue more and more of them. The value of those coins will not rise.

2nd:
BCnext means that we shouldn't just hold Nxts and wait until their price rises, but rather we should make services and develop businesses on top of Nxt in order to support Nxt and consequently it's price will grow.

Or neither of them? Sorry, i wish i didn't care about price, but i do, if it rises i would be able to start a business connected with nxt, work from home and don't see much people, be part of the revolution and see how banks' revenue is crashing. I hope this doesnt sound too bad.

Activity: 224
Lets discuss after a month.  Smiley

No worries - am sure we'll see some interesting ideas coming out once the AE is live.

I guess I am just a little more skeptical than most about its benefits other than removing the reliance upon 3rd party servers/DBs to store information (which in itself of course is a very clear benefit).

Just wanted to say thank you CIYAM for being levelheaded all the time. It's good to have constructive criticism!
Activity: 193
I think it is best for NXT to have multiple purposes.

1 - As a store of value because of its scarcity.

2 - As an intermediate currency between IOUs issued on the asset exchange.

For me, this make sense;
Activity: 596
Merit: 500

I would stay away from referring to Nxt as "tokens" as it is similar to Ripple's "Postage Stamp" reference (i.e. implying that it isn't really a currency in itself).
legendary

1st:

2nd:

Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
2nd:

It is not about the price. It is about a complete ecosystem that supports NXT just because it build upon it.
Activity: 178

1st:

2nd:

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Lets discuss after a month.  Smiley

No worries - am sure we'll see some interesting ideas coming out once the AE is live.

I guess I am just a little more skeptical than most about its benefits other than removing the reliance upon 3rd party servers/DBs to store information (which in itself of course is a very clear benefit).
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Mining reward is another obsolete part. True reward for supporting Nxt network comes from services that use Nxt. Someone owns a currency exchange and mine blocks to keep his business running. Another one owns a shop and mine blocks to keep his business running. The 3rd person owns a software company that develops programs for Nxt-based services and mine blocks to keep his business running. Selfish miners (those who mine only to earn fees) should be "removed" from the system, they r not interested in success of Nxt and only want to cash-out. If a clone appears such the people will likely jump to another ship, they add very little value to Nxt. All this doesn't mean that we should get rid of fees completely, we still need them as a countermeasure against spamming.

Well, that is interesting. I would like really like it because it seems keeping NXT running because of keeping an actual business running focuses more on the actual value being created other than on NXT itself.

So, yes. I would like it with low fees to incent everybody to stabilize the network and preventing big businesses from soley controlling NXT.

Am I right, that the only technical change we strive to is lowering the fees?
Pages:
Jump to: