Pages:
Author

Topic: Trust system abuse / DT2 member Vod is provably dishonestly rating people - page 7. (Read 5825 times)

legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
Of course that drops the "trustness" as perceived e.g. by forum staff, but on the other hand the trust system is supposed to be used in a way where people should make their own trust lists/networks instead of trusting default trust list.
What do you mean by this,emphasis on the "trustness as perceived e.g. by forum staff". I find it a little hard to comprehend, as I am not a native English speaker.

I mean the factor of how trusted the DT is (= how trusted are the people in DT) seen from the DT administrator point of view. It is only their view, but they are still in full control of DT.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
The trust system is like a nuclear weapon..
Some times it is used on others if they don't step in line..
It turns scoffs between old members into MAD, mutually assured destruction, wars..
Adding more DT members is like nuclear proliferation..
If you have nukes and they don't, you don't want them to get nukes..
Unless you are empowering allies, puppet states.. 

It is against the interest of nuclear trust holders to spread it, making themselves more common and less powerful relatively, while those without trust will naturally be in favor of joining the party..
If their was a vote the elites would lose hands down but this ain't no democracy, they own the media..
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
Theymos wont listen to your moaning,i was tagged because of the alts accounts,didnt cheat bounties nor scammed people..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/creating-an-alt-account-4624272 hilariousandco who is a global moderator does know that my reds are inappropriate.
The Pharmacist has his own rules,this forum is being run by these DT Members.

If theres only one can remove these abusers it is Theymos.

Nobody banned you in this forum for Alt accounts , so forum rules are followed.
Since I do not see you made your Alt account public and probably you cheated the bounties and get busted, so here the DT ratings come into picture.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
legendary
quack
Bump.

Ideas are needed to make trust system better. As said before, I think adding more DT1 members would improve the situation. Of course that drops the "trustness" as perceived e.g. by forum staff, but on the other hand the trust system is supposed to be used in a way where people should make their own trust lists/networks instead of trusting default trust list. In a way, adding more DT1 members would improve both of these goals: there would be less fear of getting e.g. "dropped" (from the DT list) for arbitrary/silly reasons, more decentralization (wider amount of people "in charge") etc. AND people would want to adjust / make own trust lists because they would detect *individual* wrongdoing making them want to correct it. Such "individual wrongdoing" doesn't affect many in the current system, so it is largely dismissed in the community.
Maybe there should be official guidelines about the *community acceptable* use of trust system. Then people would better know how to use the trust system. E.g. will you rate or will you not rate, who will you exclude, who will you not. Do you want to signal others something or do you want to record something for your own information, what are the "offences" to earn red trust, what means getting positive trust --and so on.

As an example (my personal experience) about the problems, there's this case where Vod rates me provably dishonestly. He also claims other things and presents no evidence, proof or anything to back those claims. And he blackmailed me. Vods standing in the DT system is too strong as people who have added him there are either inactive or do not care. This means that Vod can keep on doing whatever he wants, and everyone knows it. It shouldn't be like this. One shouldn't be able to freely harass others as a salary for doing good deeds for the community. Red trust from DT1/DT2 member has (or can have) significant negative effect on the target, that's the reality right now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
Theymos wont listen to your moaning,i was tagged because of the alts accounts,didnt cheat bounties nor scammed people..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/creating-an-alt-account-4624272 hilariousandco who is a global moderator does know that my reds are inappropriate.
The Pharmacist has his own rules,this forum is being run by these DT Members.

If theres only one can remove these abusers it is Theymos.
legendary
quack
Can't allow DT members like Vod to abuse their position. Read this thread to learn what's going on. Start from e.g. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.40906371
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
I'm not sure about o_e_l_e_o and others, but I would certainly prefer if you posted less of your made up nonsense and more of actual facts and proof, if any.

We can but dream.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
So you saying it is wrong to do trades with DT members in hopes of receiving positive trust from them after getting tagged red? would you prefer buying trust by the means of counter feedback?
So you also agree that people shouldn't go and farm trust after getting tagged? because people have done this for years, if you don't believe me, look at several positive trusts left on profiles after they got tagged red. or rather look at counter feedbacks left on profiles after getting tagged red.

I'm not sure about o_e_l_e_o and others, but I would certainly prefer if you posted less of your made up nonsense and more of actual facts and proof, if any.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Find a DT member and do some trading with them, they will leave you a positive trust and nobody could ever counter that if you don't bid on your own auctions or do something tag worthy.

Taking out loans or doing trades that you don't want or need for the sole purpose of appearing more trustworthy is a pretty untrustworthy thing to do. In all likelihood this kind of behaviour would simply earn you more red trust.

It's a stupid idea, but I'm not surprised in the least that digaran would suggest it.

So you saying it is wrong to do trades with DT members in hopes of receiving positive trust from them after getting tagged red? would you prefer buying trust by the means of counter feedback?
So you also agree that people shouldn't go and farm trust after getting tagged? because people have done this for years, if you don't believe me, look at several positive trusts left on profiles after they got tagged red. or rather look at counter feedbacks left on profiles after getting tagged red.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18697
Find a DT member and do some trading with them, they will leave you a positive trust and nobody could ever counter that if you don't bid on your own auctions or do something tag worthy.

Taking out loans or doing trades that you don't want or need for the sole purpose of appearing more trustworthy is a pretty untrustworthy thing to do. In all likelihood this kind of behaviour would simply earn you more red trust.

It's a stupid idea, but I'm not surprised in the least that digaran would suggest it.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Yes I satire much. :/

I'm here to suggest a way out for Anduck, you could easily go and farm trust, here is how:

Find a DT member and do some trading with them, they will leave you a positive trust and nobody could ever counter that if you don't bid on your own auctions or do something tag worthy. don't wait for Vod's forgiveness, after all he is on DT because of bullying other people.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Stop derailing

Quickseller abusing the trust system is on topic.
legendary
quack
If you are unable to articulate how someone is a scammer, as a general rule, a negative rating is not appropriate.
That's a very wise general rule, which would be appropriate for displaying on the page where you leave trust ratings Smiley

Have you seen the dozens of negative trust ratings that scammer has left others with no reference?

Why would you reward such a hypocrite with merit?   Huh

Vod. Let's not let important posts get drowned.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39447493
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39588914
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.40529245
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.40537284
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.40538407

Stop derailing and try to back up your dishonest & derogatory claims about me. For one example, your current rating to me is inconsistent with your reasoning e.g. referenced in the fifth link above.

Everyone: See the links for further pointers, or read this thread completely. No benefit of doubt anymore: Vod should be dropped from Default Trust list. Untrustworthy and dishonest people do not belong to DT list in any case. No matter if they rate correctly most of the times. When rated provably incorrectly (dishonest rating after scummy blackmailing attempt), and their ego is too big to go back to acknowledge and fix their wrongdoings, they simply do not belong to Default Trust list.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
If you are unable to articulate how someone is a scammer, as a general rule, a negative rating is not appropriate.
That's a very wise general rule, which would be appropriate for displaying on the page where you leave trust ratings Smiley

Have you seen the dozens of negative trust ratings that scammer has left others with no reference?

Why would you reward such a hypocrite with merit?   Huh
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
My concern about using the "I don't trust someone" standard, is that it encourages a mob mentality and removes any kind of accountability to those leaving ratings
If you look at the way the trust system is built with both trust ratings and a trust list, the latter is the mechanism to cope with the issue you've described.
If you deal "mobster" trust, you'll be excluded from trust lists.
Then again, since most people don't seem to really understand the system, and even less use it accordingly, the elegant mechanics of the trust system just don't seem to work in real life.

copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
That's the way I use my trust list. I also offer to delete negative ratings once I see "betterment" or a reasonable explanation for someones behavior. I even sometimes delete "old" trust ratings when I no longer deem them appropriate, maybe because the user in question has "changed" in my eyes. Obviously, I can only do the latter for users I know quite well from our local community.

That needs a bigger heart... and who has that?

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I generally don't have an issue with leaving negative trust with very little evidence of wrongdoing (or planned wrongdoing) in order to warn others of general suspicions while an investigation is ongoing (for a short time), provided that after a few days, the rating is either removed, or justified with more solid proof the person is a scammer. This time can be used to either gather more information or ask questions about suspicious activity.

My concern about using the "I don't trust someone" standard, is that it encourages a mob mentality and removes any kind of accountability to those leaving ratings -- both of which seem to be a problem as of recently. It also makes it much easier to leave ratings for personal reasons, which appear to be happening at a greater frequency as of recently.

So when are you going to remove all those unarticulated "scammer" tags without references?
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
negative trust means that certain individual doesn't trust you
Isn't that precisely the way it's supposed to be? Huh
Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.
I "strongly believe that this person is a scammer" may not be equivalent to, but certainly is an emphasized version of "I don't trust this guy", semantically.
At least that's the way I understand it.
Then again, I've always been known for shooting first and asking questions later Cool
[img ]https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi1jZGM0MjBmYjA3NThkM2Ez.png[/img]
I generally don't have an issue with leaving negative trust with very little evidence of wrongdoing (or planned wrongdoing) in order to warn others of general suspicions while an investigation is ongoing (for a short time), provided that after a few days, the rating is either removed, or justified with more solid proof the person is a scammer. This time can be used to either gather more information or ask questions about suspicious activity.

My concern about using the "I don't trust someone" standard, is that it encourages a mob mentality and removes any kind of accountability to those leaving ratings -- both of which seem to be a problem as of recently. It also makes it much easier to leave ratings for personal reasons, which appear to be happening at a greater frequency as of recently.

staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
No.
Your trust list does not say anything about how trustworthy a person is.
Your trust list should include people who "give good trust", i.e. whose trust ratings are useful for yourself and possibly others.
You could even add a known Scammer to your trust list if, and only if this person is careful about giving meaningful trust ratings (even though I would advise against it).
Your trust list should explicitly exclude people whose positive trust ratings have been given to untrustworthy people or whose negative ratings have been given as "retaliation" or whatever.
You make a good point that I completely overlooked when I made that post. Although, I would like to argue that your very likely not going to include people you don't trust no matter if they leave accurate feedback or not. I would argue that they both go hand in hand.

That's the way I use my trust list. I also offer to delete negative ratings once I see "betterment" or a reasonable explanation for someones behavior. I even sometimes delete "old" trust ratings when I no longer deem them appropriate, maybe because the user in question has "changed" in my eyes. Obviously, I can only do the latter for users I know quite well from our local community.
I've deleted old feedback a few times. However, I normally tend to leave an update especially if we've made a trade recently because after all we did complete a deal, and they showed they were trustworthy in that deal. Honestly, I'm not very active on the trust front anymore, and mostly rely on others to do it for me now. (Thanks!)
Pages:
Jump to: