Pages:
Author

Topic: TT-Miner 2022.4.1 KAWPOW, PROGPOW, ETHASH, ETCHASH, EPIC, SHA512256D, GHOSTRIDER - page 66. (Read 131883 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Progminer works for about 10hours and crashes. I'm now testing TradeTec, will let you know if it works. The hash improvement works ok, it was 54mh with Progminer, now its 64mh with TradeTec. With PL being set at 60.
Activity: 566
Merit: 16
That's fine. Let me know how it works. TT will most likely give you some hashrate improvement - not sure how much it will be on your 1060.
I have raised the Power Limit, will see how it does play with it a little bit and if it continues to crash then I will also try TT.

Thanks
Hi Matico1,

not sure why the progpowminer crashes, but you can give TT-miner a try. Keep in mind that TT-miner is closed source and that it takes 1% DevFee!

Here is the link to the CUDA 9 & CUDA 10 releases:
CUDA 9.20: https://www.TradeProject.de/download/Miner/TradeTec-cmd-ProgPoW-Miner.zip
CUDA 10.0: https://www.TradeProject.de/download/Miner/TradeTec-Miner.zip

Your CUDA 10 command line should look like this:
TradeTec-CmdProgPoW-C10.exe -P stratum+tcp://[email protected]:3857

for CUDA 9.20 use this command line:
TradeTec-CmdProgPoW-C92.exe -P stratum+tcp://[email protected]:3857

If your system continues to crash you might consider to increase your power-limit.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Hi! I'm using ProgPow miner mining BCI and it crashes after few hours. I have 8x Nvidia 1060 3GB.

Driver version: 416.34

My bat file: progpowminer-cuda.exe -U -P stratum+tcp://[email protected]:3857

Power Limit: 52, Core Clock: 140, Memory Clock: 100

Thanks for any help!
Hi nickeltabs,

any update for me? You have still issues with the GUI release?
Do you have the GUI-Miner (TradeTec-Miner.exe) running? Please make sure that is is running an that you enable the connection to the Control-App by clicking on 'Listen'. Then if you add the rig click in the add-rig dialog just on 'Add Rig'. 127.0.0.1 is OK if miner and control run on the same PC.
Activity: 8
I have everything entered then I am stuck at this Part:::
Add your rigs
Next stop is to add your rigs. Go to ‘Edit’->’Add new rig…’. Now the dialog to add an IP/port pair shows up. Enter the information to allow the control software to connect with the miner-rig. If you run the Miner and the MinerControl on the same box you can use the loopback address (127.0.0.1) and the default port 8010 if that is OK for you. Otherwise, enter the IP of the rig.
Hi nickeltabs,

do you have more details for my why you cannot run the GUI version? Do you see a error message? Di you see the windows for the miner and the control?

Yes, I see improvements of that size on my rigs. You might also want to try the CUDA 9 release, it gives me a little bit more hashrate than the CUDA 10 release - but that might be very system dependent.
Activity: 8
Hi I can't get the GUI miner for Windows OS and Nvidia GPU working, but I am using the bat file to run the miner and it is faster than the
_progpowminer-cuda-windows-0.16_final_ with the same setting that I had was 64.4 MHs and now it is 67.36 MHs using the  --cuda-block-size 320   added to the line
Hi Dragonmike,

will do. Until the end of this week I have only access to a limited development environment without GPU. So I cannot test. I will look into the crash as soon as I'm back. Until then you can wrap the call to the miner into a batch loop like this:

:loop
TradeTec-Miner.exe
goto loop

This should make sure that the miner is restarted after a crash (even if that shouldn't happened at all!). I will add the settings for the cuda grid and block size into the next release of the UI version next week. So long you can use the commandline miner if you like, this allows you to verify the CUDA 9.20 version as well since it brings better results on my system. The commandline version also supports the cuda grid/block size settings already.

Thanks - and happy mining.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Hah, ok will have to look into it a bit further then.

I'm using the gui version (as you described in the original post). I'm on latest driver and Cuda10.
Also I'd like to report that the miner crashed overnight (and/or closed itself). Was using same clocks/voltages/PL than with the original ProgPow miner.

Keep us posted on any updates.

PS: can I add any parameters if I use the gui version anywhere?
Hi dragonmike,

Unfortunately I do not have a 1080 available for development, but I'm working on improvement for the 1080 with some miner. I have just released a new version that should address this issue. Maybe you want to give the new release a try and see if that works better on your rig. I release the TTminer as CUDA 9.20 and as CUDA 10.0 version. Please try the one you haven't. I have better results on my 1070 rigs with the CUDA 9.20 release - but that my differ from system to system. Cuda 10 required driver 411 or later.

Do you use the UI or the command line version? If you use command line please try the same options you use for the ProgPoWminer.

If you run the miner you can see in which frequency it finds and submits shares. I noticed that there are sometime 'areas' in the nonce that shows more shares than others. Also there are  areas where the miner do not find any share at all. If you think that the miner should change the area where it tries to find share after 10 seconds of searching without success then you should use 100 for timeout. You can think of this options as you are searching for gold. If you do not find any gold at one place you try a different location after some time. That is the same idea. You enter the timeout in tenth of a second. So 10 is one second, 100 is 10 seconds.

Let me know if the new release brings any improvement for you.

Thanks.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Nice features... but out of the box the miner is a little slower than the original ProgPow miner provided by the BCI devs (approx 3.5%) on my rig of 1080's.

Also, no idea how to tweak the timeout values... What should I be looking at?
Thanks a lot. Please keep in mind that it might take up to 20 minutes until a stable hashrate is available.

Thanks!!
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Hi ol92,

if you're around could you please run a quick test with the latest miner and let me know if the hashrates for the 2080 are better than the rates you got with the last miner?

Thx!
Hello,

tested yesterday : the new miner has almost the same performance as the first one: around 23 Mh/s at 85% powerlimit. The first one was a little bit better (around 23.5). Others were worse (21-22).
I will test more this afternoon.
I noticed that I do get good hashrates @ bci.coinblockers.com for BCI ProgPoW with this settings for the hashrate generation. The miner will create a new random nonce when a new job comes in, or the timeout expires. I get good results with a timeout of 7.5 sec on the pools I use.

Hi ol92,

if you're around could you please run a quick test with the latest miner and let me know if the hashrates for the 2080 are better than the rates you got with the last miner?

Thx!
TradeTec-Miner 18.10.40.20 released.

- fixes a bug when you quickly change the pools a GPU should mine to. Miner became unresponsive for some seconds.
- Improvements to ProgPoW - hope they will show on 2080 as well

TradeTec-Miner 18.10.40.18 released.

New reduced DevFee of 1 %.
Fixed an issue when adding a new pool/coin configuration
Performance improvement for Ethash
Pages:
Jump to: